The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days

2.1K 54 30
By lyradavi11

^^Pic of Akira^^ (drawn by me :))

Person's POV thoughts: Italic

My thoughts: Bold

Kakashi's POV

    There was an odd silence between us for awhile before Lord Hokage finally decided to speak. "Very well. You are welcomed to stay here under the village's safety and attend the academy. The genin test is in about two months. I'm sure after training under Kakashi's wing, you will be able to pass the test."

    I sweatdropped as the uninformed responsibility was given to me. Give me a break..

    Akira raised her hand timidly to ask a question. Lord Hokage motioned for her to speak and she obliged, and asked with her slight accent. "What is the academy? Is it another name for school?" The hokage shook his head, "It's a school, yes. But it's a school to guide the young children to take their first steps in becoming ninjas."

    The girl's eyes widened drastically, "I'm going to become a ninja..?" "I apologize, I didn't consider asking you if you wanted to be one," Lord Hokage sighed. The girl shook her head, "No, it's quite alright. You need not apologize. I wasn't disagreeing with your opinion, it just surprised me is all. I've never quite.. seen what ninjas do, and have only ever heard about them. You people are respected by many, including me, so It will be interesting being one. I look forward to it," she politely said, and only now did I recognize the respect she had in her voice if she wasn't scared.

    "That's pleasing to hear. You'll be living with Kakashi for the time being if that's alright with you, and will be Akira Hatake. If you need to talk to me about something, you're welcomed to do so at any time. I hope you'll be able to trust us with your last name soon. Any objections?" Lord Hokage ended as he gave her a gentle smile.

    She stood back up to leave and replied, "No objections. Thank you, Hokage-sama. I haven't felt this kindness by many lately. I greatly appreciate it." "No problem at all, dear. Kakashi, I leave her in your care," Lord Hokage nodded at me. "Hai," I replied, trying to hide the slight discomfort I felt in having to care of a child--something I'm not completely prepared for. Akira looked around the room, but her eyes landed on one particular picture, and and kept them on it for a while. I became curious as to why she was staring at his picture, but then decided it would be best not to confront her about it right now.

    "Kakashi. You will be training me then?" she suddenly asked when we walked out the door. "Yes. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask," I told her. She nodded before going straight for the questions, "Why is my last name Hatake?" "Because it's my last name, and since you're living with me, it'd be best," I answered as I pulled out my book. Why did I get involved with this? Oh well, at least she's not annoying. I hope with all my heart.

    I bought some clothes and weapons for her, before going home. When we got in my house, I led her to an unused room. "Get a good night's rest, because tomorrow's training is going to be tough. So get ready for it," I warned her. "Hai. May I use the shower please?" she asked before I left. "Yeah. You can do whatever you want, because you now live here. Just don't come in my room and give me my privacy," I told her with a shrug. "Understandable. Thank you for having me, Kakashi. I'll be in your care," she slightly bowed before walking away.

~Time Skip~

Akira's POV

    It's been exactly a month and three weeks since I started living here in Konoha. It's not a bad place at all. In fact, almost too peaceful. Kakashi-sensei has taught me a lot! I know how to throw shurikens right on target, and even to make shadow clones. I've read, like, thousands of books up until now, and have learnt numerous things (Including jutsu). I've always been a fan of books! I decided to shake off my terrible past, and live a normal life as a ninja. But that didn't mean I forgot about my family.

    Everyday, I would take five minutes after my training, thinking about all the good times with mother, and father, and Eric (my big brother). Even Kyle, my personal bodyguard. Yuki, my best friend in the kingdom. All those good times.. I pray a silent prayer. I really miss them. No! I won't get into this! I need to be strong and positive! "Akira, let's head home." Kakashi-sensei suggested, pulling me away from my thoughts. "Hai~" I said as ran towards him to walk by his side.

    "Akira, one more week, and you'll have to do the test for becoming a genin. You're going to attend the academy tomorrow, and continue to train there. You will probably know everything you're going to be thought there though, but you'll only be attending for a week to get to know your classmates. Use this bag. There's a notebook and pencil case inside," Kakashi-sensei explained as he handed me a small white bag.

    "Hai! Thank you, Kakashi-sensei. Oh, you said we're going to be put in teams under a jounin after we pass the genin test, right?" I asked and bit my lip. "Right," he confirmed. "Can I please be in your team, Kakashi-sensei?" I pleaded with puppy-dog eyes. "Well, that's not for me to choose, but since you've been trained by me this far, you probably will be in my team," he answered with his signature close eyed smile. "Yay~" I smiled happily.

    "~You are not alone. No matter where you go, I'll be by your side. You won't ever be lonely again. 'Cause I'm with you~" I sang as I stood above the carved faces. "This reminds me of my favourite place in Kurisutaru. It's almost the same as this, except there aren't any carved faces," I laughed, unconsciously talking out loud. "Kurisutaru?" asked a familiar voice. I turned my head to see Kakashi-sensei behind me.

    "I-It's the name of the place I'm from," I hesitantly told him. It was now easier to talk to him about these stuff, because I know him better, and it just feels safe to talk about anything with him. "I see." he muttered before sitting beside me and taking out his favourite book. "I'm actually.. the princess of Kurisutaru," I told him truthfully, but in a quiet tone.

    Kakashi-sensei's eyes widened for a second as he looked at me, but then returned back to the usual expression as he continued reading. "A princess, huh? That's actually not much of a surprise as it's should be. Your polite and respective attitude shows for it. Anything else you've got that will interest me?" he said, briefly complimenting me. I giggled at his words before deciding that I wanted Kakashi to know everything. 

    "Well, obviously my parents were the king and queen. And I had an older brother who was the prince. I also had a personal bodyguard, who was honestly the most closest person to me. I had two best friends. And there was a place like this, where you could see the view of the ocean. Peaceful and quiet. I used to always sing my mom's songs there, that's why I started singing here," as I explained with a smile as he put his book down and looked at the view of the village while listening to my story.

    "There was training on manners, and speeches for me. I used to always watch my brother, Eric train with my personal bodyguard, Kyle, with swords and archery. Sometimes, he let me ride with him in his horse-riding lessons," I giggled at the memories that came flooding in, "We had so much fun back then. You know, my life was so boring at first. The same exact things everyday.

    "But when Kyle was introduced as my guard, my life changed. He had showed me so much more than I ever knew. Since he was with me 24/7, I was allowed to go out of the castle gates more often. It was the best, getting to explore the country I had been born to the princess of. I was very interactive with the people. I loved every last one of them so dearly. I really took my life for granted though. I just never knew it would be taken away like that."

    "Wow.." he commented with a chuckle, "That's quite an interesting life you had there. I'm sorry it had to lead to this, Akira. Is it alright for me to tell the hokage this?" I was happy that he asked my permission first, so I nodded and headed back home to prepare for my first day at the academy tomorrow. It's not like giving this information will harm me. I had nothing to lose. I know Kakashi-sensei and Lord Hokage won't tell anyone else. I had come to trust them and I'm proud to admit that.

Hokage's POV

    Kakashi had left a few minutes ago, but I was still thinking about what he said. I told one of my Anbu to search for files on The Kingdom Of Kurisutaru, because I'm sure I heard about it somewhere.

    "Lord Hokage, I only found one," the Anbu said, handing me a thin file. "Thank you, this is enough. Good work today, you are dismissed." Hmm.. Who would've thought her uncle is him. I almost forgot he even had a brother.

Akira's POV

~The Next Day~

    "Okay class, we have a new student. Would you like to introduce yourself?" asked my new sensei, Iruka. I nodded and looked toward the class, "My name is Akira Hatake, I hope we can get along!" I politely said giving my best smile. I heard a few of the students' comments, some making me blush slightly, some making me frown.

    'Wow, she's beautiful!' 

    'She has scarlet eyes. That's amazing!'

    'But, oh God, is that white hair?'

    'An old lady?'

    'She's cute!'

    'She seems nice! I wanna be friends with her!'

    'Eh? The test is in one week. She won't be able to make it.' I mentally rolled my eyes at that one.

    "You can go and sit next to Sasuke over there," Iruka-sensei pointed at a raven haired boy. I sat next to him, and noticed that I was getting glares from most of the girls in our class. What did I do?

    Iruka-sensei started the class, but soon after, I fell asleep. This is not the way I grew up to be, but I couldn't help it. Kakashi-sensei already drilled all of this stuff into my head. I'm no longer a princess, consequences won't be as bad. Plus, I've been training with Kakashi of all people. Like teacher, like pupil. Someone's gotta blame him for being too lazy.

    "Hey, wake up! You've already slept through the whole class," I heard someone say while nudging me. I opened my eyes to see.. What was his name again? "My apologies. I fell asleep," I said sheepishly while scratching the back of my head. "Sorry, what's your name again?" I asked kindly. He frowned in annoyance, "Sasuke Uchiha."

   Before I could say anything, a bunch of girls came over and glared at me again. "You better stay away from my Sasuke, old hag!" said a pinkette. "Says who? Last time I checked, Sasuke's not an object, and I'm not old, unless your eyesight needs a check-up," I said through gritted teeth.

    "You have white hair!" some random girl accused. I got an irked off my that. "And you have no brains! My hair is silver! Not white! Why can't you people make out the difference!" I shouted, losing my calm and collective facade. "Whatever, just stay away from Sasuke," she said before fangirling over Sasuke. Oh, I see now. They all have a crush on Sasuke. How could I be so dumb as to realize only now?

    I mentally face-palmed myself. They sure are annoying. Sasuke's okay, but I don't have a crush on him. He has a dark look in his eyes that sends chills down my spine. I saw a blonde haired boy with blue eyes and whisker lines on his cheeks looking lonely on a swing nearby. I was pretty lonely myself, so I walked over to him and decided to introduce myself, "Hey! I'm Akira Hatake. Wanna hang out with poor me tomorrow?" I said with a wave of my hand.

    He looked pretty happy to see me talking to him. "Of course!!! I'm Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm gonna be hokage someday! Believe it!" he beamed. "Let's see about that when you get older, haha. See you later then!" I said heading back home.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Who's pic do you think Akira was staring at? Well, let me just tell you that it was her uncle (I was supposed to include that, but it ended up in Kakashi's POV). So, who do you think her uncle is?

Thanks for reading! Vote/comment/follow!

Published: 3/2/16

Edited 

2197 words

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 89 7
When a mother dies the only thing she expects is to see the pearly gates of heaven, but what she didn't expect is being reborn into a TV show she lov...
68K 1.4K 23
Kamina Akiruta, a girl who suddenly appeared in the Leaf Village. No one knew anything about her nor did they know anything about her powers. She was...
257K 9.8K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
113K 3.6K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...