The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 1: Escape

2.8K 71 32
By lyradavi11

Person's POV  thoughts: Italic

My thoughts: Bold

Akira's POV

    I'm gonna lose consciousness soon! I ran as fast as my legs could take me. My sight started to get cloudy as the blood loss took its effect. I closed my eyes tight hoping I would have clear sight when they opened, but it was to no avail. I was too roughed up to be moving and God only knows how my legs are still carrying me.

    Tears started streaming down my bruised cheeks as I thought of how screwed up I was going to be if they caught up with me. No, I mustn't cry. I gulped down my sorrow, and wiped my fallen tears. I could tell that I was gonna get out of this forest soon, judging from the entrance I could see that was not too far away from me. Well, it was an entrance as far as I could tell, at least. I couldn't make much out of it thanks to my blurry sight, but I'm pretty confident my eyes are not deceiving me.

    Maybe it's a village? I could try and blend in with the crowd. However, I don't think I can stay conscious much longer. As I came closer and closer to what I thought was a village, with each passing second, I could feel the strength draining out of me. I couldn't run anymore and started limping to the gates, realizing that my legs allowed me to run so far only out of sheer will and fear. With my injured leg and bloody stomach, I wondered how I still managed to stay awake.

    "Who are you? Um.. are you alright?" A voice asked, but I was too weak to answer, and kept dragging my feet forward with lidded eyes. And as soon as I entered, I blacked out.

Kotetsu's POV

    I yawned and closed my eyes, leaning my back against the wall. "Kotetsu! Look!" Izumo shouted, making me snap my eyes open. I looked to where he was pointing at and saw a little girl limping towards the village. She was all bruised up, covered in blood and dirt. "Who are you? Um.. are you alright?" I asked in worry and hesitation. 

    She didn't answer us, so I started walking towards her, but then she suddenly collapsed. I ran quickly and caught her before she hit the ground. Izumo rushed to her side as well, and took a hold of her wrist to check her pulse.

    "She's alive, but barely. It looks like she's been through a lot," Izumo said with a frown. Thank God, she was still alive. I don't want a little girl to just die in my arms. "I'll take her to the hospital. You inform Lord Hokage about this," I told him. "Hai(Yes)," he said before he disappeared.

Akira's POV

    Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

    All I could hear was the annoying beeping sound as I awoke. My head buzzed and my body was sore, but other than that, I felt much better than before. My eyes struggled to open, and fluttered against the rays of sun that hit me. I slowly sat up from my bed, and as my head cleared... Why am I on a bed?

     I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was in a plain white room that- aside from the small vase on the table- had no decoration at all. I noticed that a heart monitor was attached to me, and in a swift motion, removed it. The sound wasn't very pleasant, so you can't blame me. There's no need for it anyway. There were more supplies that I didn't know of, and a tube filled with a red liquid substance attached to me. It led to a nearly empty, huge packet of blood that hung from a movable table. From what I could tell, the blood is being transferred to me and is the reason I'm still alive right now. However, I feel fine right now, so there's no more need for it.  I'm in a hospital? Wait, wait, wait. I was running away from them. I remember I saw some sort of village, and then.. I blacked out.

    I looked outside the window beside my bed. There were so many people, and I couldn't help but feel like I was in Kurisutaru again. I smiled at the thought, but it vanished as soon as I thought about the state it was in. Plus, Kurisutaru isn't the same anymore. Last I saw, it was in ruins with flames licking every corner of kingdom.

    "Oh, you're awake," I heard someone mutter. I snapped my head towards the voice. It was a masked man with gravity-defying silver hair. The headband he wore covered his left eye. There was this weird swirly shape thing on the headband that kinda made me curious. He held a small open book in his hand, as he stared at me with the look of boredom in his eyes. He then continued to read as if it was the most normal thing to do when you enter a stranger's hospital room.

    "Who are you?" I said under my breath. "Sorry kid, didn't hear you," he stated plainly. "Who are you?" I repeated a little more louder this time, but with a shaky voice. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" he countered, looking up at me. I put an unfazed face on, although on the inside, I was a deer in headlights. Who is this guy? No, more importantly, where am I? "You're the one who decided to come to this village," he continued when I didn't say anything.

    "W-Where am I?" I stuttered, fully aware that he has every right to be weary of me. "...You're in Konoha," he answered in hesitation. "Konoha?" I repeated. "Yeah...The Village Hidden in the Leaves," he answered slowly, as if expecting me to already know this. I lifted an eyebrow in confusion, "...huh?" Oh, wait! Of Course! Konoha! I mentally face palmed at my stupidity.

    After all that's happened, you can't expect me for temporarily forgetting the place Kuro and Midori set for my destination. The masked man sighed and started walking towards me. I couldn't trust anyone so easily after all I've been through (and especially someone who's  wearing a mask. I mean, it makes them so suspicious!), so as soon as he passed my two meter limit that I set for myself, I opened the window and jumped out, trusting myself to not break my legs when I land.

    "Hey wait! That's dangerous!" I heard him shout, but I safely landed on the ground. He sighed out of relief, and it looked like he was gonna follow me, so I ran away. "Wait!" was all I heard before speeding up. I stopped when I felt my bandaged leg stinging, reminding me of the injury there.

    Hold up. I'm on unknown territory. Where am I even running to? I looked back to check if the guy still managed to follow me. He wasn't, and it seemed like I got away from that crowded area too. I'm always running from someone. I sighed at the sad truth and looked around the area.

    It was very calm here, and the only thing I could hear was my huffing and the gentle wind. I looked up to see four huge faces carved on rock. Cool. I wonder if those are important people in this village"Yes, those are the carved faces of all the people who led the village so far."

    I gasped and flinched at the voice, not knowing someone was here with me. Oops! Did I say that out loud? I turned to look at a strangely dressed old man behind me. "O-Oh, I see. That's nice!!" I said trying to hide my my slight fear in my fake smile. The old man just smiled at me as if he knew who I was. What a friendly person...

    I looked at the third carved image in thought. Strange. It looks like the old man over here... I gaped in realization and hesitantly asked, "Are you...?" Knowing what I was implying, he answered with a warm smile, "Yes, that's me. I'm the Third Hokage." "Hokage...?" I asked in confusion, not knowing what it meant.

    "The leader of this village," he gruffly replied, helping me understand. My mouth almost hung open in surprise. Not even an hour in and my princess ass already found itself a leader of a village. Fear built up in me and flashed through my eyes. And he saw my pathetic fear alright. I gulped and took a step back cautiously as the old man smiled at me.

    Suddenly, that silver haired guy appeared out of nowhere and held my arm. "Lord Hokage.. uh, this child is the one Kotetsu brought in," he explained. I struggled against his strong grip and managed to get free. I glanced at him to see that he was slightly surprised before getting ready to make a run for it. However, before I even took a step, I felt myself being pulled back from my collar.

    "I'm well aware, Kakashi. Don't worry child, we won't harm you. Kakashi, please don't be rough with her. She is, but a child."

    I was touched. The only people who actually showed me kindness for the past two years was Kuro and Midori. The people who took me in after a year of struggle. "We aren't going to hurt you, so please cooperate with us. We're just going to ask you few questions is all. After all, you did just walk into the village all bruised up, followed by mysterious people," he said looking at the fear in my eyes. I calmed down, and he loosened his grip. I could trust them. My family trusted them. Kuro and Midori trusts them. I can trust them.

    After a few minutes of calm silence, one that was significantly different from the commotion in my head, the silver haired man brought me to a strange building, and entered a certain room- probably the old man's office. "Lord Hokage, I brought the child," he said out of pure boredom. Not a very lively person, huh?

    I looked at the old man, who now seemed to be full of authority, yet still looked gentle. "Um, where a-" I started, but was interrupted by the hokage. "Before you say or ask anything, I want you to tell us who you are. You were in a total mess, my dear. And soon after you came, some dangerous looking people came searching for you.." he paused to look up at me.

    I tensed up when I heard that. They knew I was here, and that's going to get me in a lot of trouble. Before I could think of an escape plan, the hokage continued, "We obviously told them that no one visited us today." I sighed in relief. Thank God they didn't tell them I was here. If they found me now, it's all over, and everyone's sacrifice would be for nothing. I got a bit depressed, but then shook it off immediately. I then began to answer their question.

     I can trust these people. They don't know who I am after all. Plus, Kuro and Midori did say I could trust this village - Konoha, and my uncle lived here. I might as well state the truth, of course being careful of what I say. If they aren't as nice as Midori assured me and don't let me stay here, I'm in big trouble of where to go to take cover next. I don't know this area at all, so things could get a little tricky.

     "My name is Akira. I.. basically ran away from home..." I trailed off, seeing as my story will make it sound like I was in the wrong when I really wasn't. I wasn't sure how to word it though. "Last name?" he curiously asked. "W-Will you give me some time to trust you?" I nervously requested. I really don't want them to ever know my last name.

    I don't know if they know of Kurisutaru. 'Cause if they do, well, I'm not sure how far I could trust them. "Of course. Hm.. Well Akira, why were you running away? And why are dangerous people looking for you?"

    I shivered at the thought. The memories pierced me like sword to the heart. I took a deep breath and prepared myself so that I would tell my story without me breaking apart. "My, uh.. village was attacked and I had to get away, so I just ran. I soon found out I couldn't trust anyone at that point, because everyone was on the attacker's side," I paused sadly but then continued.

    "After a long long time, I found some nice people, and I lived with them for a few months, but soon people started to find out I was living with them, so I was in trouble again. They told me they knew some place I would be safe in- Konoha- and gave me some directions. The attackers kept getting me, but I kept escaping. And before I knew it, I ended up in a forest with some attackers still pursuing me. And that's when I saw this village," I ended with a light feeling in my chest. It was nice to take it off my chest again. Refreshing. "I see. This is the Leaf Village, Konohagakure. And may I ask, why were the people on the attacker's side?" asked the old man.

    "Because, the attackers were soldiers from the government," I answered truthfully yet hesitantly. "Government?" repeated the old man. "Yeah, you could say.. the leader," I explained. "Oh? A leader of the good?" he asked. I frowned at the question. For me and my country, no. But for the rest of the people, "Yeah, I guess."

    "Doesn't that mean your village did something.. wrong?" he hesitantly asked. I could feel the anger boiling in me. If it wasn't for my background and my training to be a calm and collective person by Kuro and Midori, then I would be screaming at the top of my lungs saying 'No, you stupid old man! They're at fault, not us!' But I held that within me like the respectful princess I used to be.

    "Not really. Actually, not at all. They wanted the location of where the treasure of our kingdo- I mean village was, and we can't just give something like that to anyone, even if it was the government. They threatened us, but we didn't give in. And that's why.. it all happened," I answered, not before sending him a glare.

    I crossed my fingers and hoped he wouldn't ask about my family. It was hard. It may have been years, but what happened that day left a scar. A scar that I'm afraid will never heal. But, of course, the inevitable happened. "What about your family...?" he hesitantly asked again. "I don't have a family. Not anymore at least," I answered with my eyes hooded in sorrow and anger.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hey guys! How's this for a beginning? Naruto is my fav. anime, so I really wanted to write a fanfic about it. Also I know the book name is crappy, but I'm just not good with names, you see. So if you have a better name, then please comment it below, and I'll think about it. Thank you for reading~

Published: 3/2/16

Edited 

2586 Words

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 1.4K 23
Kamina Akiruta, a girl who suddenly appeared in the Leaf Village. No one knew anything about her nor did they know anything about her powers. She was...
63K 1.6K 50
(y/n) is one of the S-rank shinobi. She is a member of Izumi clan. The clan was an elite clan in konoha. In the academy, she met a boy named Uchiha...
244K 8.4K 27
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
113K 3.6K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...