Summer of Secrets *Complete*

By OneLessHeartToBreak

Alexis's boyfriend is murdered in front of her. After a year of mourning her loss she meets Chance, and falls... More

Summer of Secrets~Chapter one
Summer of Secrets~Chapter two
Summer of Secrets~Chapter three
Summer of Secrets~Chapter four
Summer of Secrets~Chapter five
Summer of Secrets~Chapter six
Summer of Secrets~Chapter seven
Summer of Secrets~Chapter eight
Summer of Secrets~Chapter nine
Summer of Secrets~Chapter ten
Summer of Secrets~Chapter eleven
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twelve
Summer of Secrets~Chapter thirteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter fourteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter fifteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter sixteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter seventeen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter eighteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter nineteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty one
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty two
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty three
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty four [End]

919 9 1
By OneLessHeartToBreak

(A.N.-Soooorrrrrrrrry! Well, I wrote this chapter instead of doing a project that i didn't even start that's due tomorrow, sooooo yeah. This is very short, but remember...I have to do the project. ahaha. Well, here is chapter twenty...enjoy!<3)

I smiled softly as my father sat up from his hospital bed. He smiled weakly, and I walked over to him.

Sitting in the chair aside his bed, he grabbed my hand and held onto it tightly. I suddenly became worried, but I tried to brush it off.

My father wouldn’t speak; he just kept smiling weakly and kept his strong grip on my hand.

“I’m glad you’re better, Daddy.” I said sweetly, but hesitated slightly.

Instead of answering me, he let out a jagged breath and laid back onto his bed again. I stared at him puzzled. Soon the grip he had on my hand loosened.

“I love you, Alexis.” He whispered so softly I could barely hear him.

Mom abruptly pulled me out of the room and told me to stay outside. She closed the door, and I stood there trying to listen.

The hospital door was so thick I could barely hear a word they were saying. I heard a few whimpers coming from my mom. I pressed my ear to the door as hard as I could.

“I will, I will.” Mom said frantically. I could imagine her nodding her head as she cried.

There were little mumbles—probably from my dad.

“No, please…please don’t.”

More mumbles.

“You can do it. Keep fighting…please.”

I dropped to the floor, unsure if I heard right. I bit my lip tenderly as I strained to hear more, but after that it went silent.

Soon, the sound of my mother’s tears flooded my ears. I quickly shot up to my feet and waited for my mom to come back out, but she didn’t.

I bit my lip harder. I felt my skin break open as the copper flavored liquid slowly spilled out of the cut I had opened.

~~~

“I’m…so, so sorry.” Chance spoke softly as I fell into him.

He gently stroked my hair—barely touching me. I could tell he didn’t know what to do—I wouldn’t know either—but all I needed was for him to be there with me.

I held him tightly with both arms, and just sobbed into his warm chest. I looked up at him after about an hour, with tear filled eyes.

“I can’t take it anymore.” I told him honestly.

“Wait, what do you mean by that…” He trailed off—hoping I wasn’t serious.

“I can’t. I just…I can’t do this anymore!” I pulled away from him and stood up. “Emily, my father, and Mayson died!”

I immediately regretted including Mayson in my sentence, and by the look on Chance’s face he wished I hadn’t said it either.

“It’s not that I’m not over him,” I sat back down. “I just miss him. He was one of my best friends, and I didn’t want him dead.”

He nodded. “I understand.” He smiled softly.

“I just, I feel like I’m a jinx. What if you die too?” I asked with a shaky voice.

Chance brushed some loose strands of hair out of my face gently, and whispered in an all too familiar voice, “Don’t worry you’re pretty little head.”

(A.N.- Thanks for reading<3 Annnd it's almost finished ); only a few more chapters<33)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 124 11
When Audrey lays eyes on the new guy, Nathan, she is completely mesmerized. He is beautiful and caring and, even though every girl in school has the...
111K 2.7K 25
London A DrugsLord Daughter Only Knows The Love Of A Father Nick A New Kid In The School Is Tempted To Love Her. He Wants Her But She Pushes Him Away...
567 66 38
You didn't have love and loyalty in your past relationship. What would happen when you meet someone who takes it too far? ( another Corpse Husband fa...
1.3K 47 27
New kid in town name jay. Little do he knows that meeting one girl causes so much drama and now he got caught in a dangerous love. Drama coming ever...