stain ☾ remus lupin

By expectoremus

the stains that blotched their shirts were different; his from spilled coffee and hers from accidental cigare... More

STAIN
INTRO
TRAILER
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTYONE
TWENTYTHREE
TWENTYFOUR
TWENTYFIVE
TWENTYSIX
TWENTYSEVEN
TWENTYEIGHT
TWENTYNINE
THIRTY
THIRTYONE
THIRTYTWO
TRAILER
THIRTYTHREE
THIRTYFOUR
THIRTYFIVE
THIRTYSIX
THIRTYSEVEN
THIRTYEIGHT
EPILOGUE
CHARACTER ASK [CLOSED]
CHARACTER ANSWERS
ALTERNATIVE EPILOGUE
FINAL NOTE

TWENTYTWO

52.6K 1.9K 1.6K
By expectoremus

E V A N S
△▽△▽△

Her goodbye to Remus had been fairly rushed, seeing as it only gave her enough time to embrace him in a tight hug and grant a small peck on the cheek before her mother practically yelled at her to hurry up. Disapproval shadowed across the woman's face at the idea of her only daughter being in a relationship with someone that shared her gift of magic. The prospect of marrying a normal person, a muggle, had been her parents' top plan to successfully guide their daughter back to a nonmagical life.

If only they could understand there was no way she would ever drop magic as if it were horseback riding or football. It wasn't a hobby, it was a gift. Not the kind that you could return to the store if it didn't fit or if it wasn't the right color. This gift pumped in her very veins, radiated through her blood, and effortlessly out her wand.

No matter how much they disliked the whole Wizarding World, they could never find a flaw in Lily Evans. From the time in second year that the redhead had raced after the family on the platform to see if she could spend part of summer at her home, they adored her. She was relieved that she would, at least, be able to visit Lily without starting a giant argument.

Technically she could do whatever she pleased now that she was seventeen, but the idea of her parents kicking her out and possibly ruining the pitiful relationship they maintained that sat on the edge of a thin thread, ready to snap, did not particularly appeal to her.

The third week of summer holiday passed without an argument, before the mention of a muggle career began a heated discussion.

Her fingers pushed a stray hair behind her ear as she cleared her throat that morning over breakfast, silently preparing herself for her announcement.

"I'd like to discuss my career in the, well the magical world with both of you," she stated, eyes flickering between her parents that had frozen what they were doing momentarily before resuming as if nothing had happened.

"Didn't realize there were magical jobs, did you honey?" Her father commented nonchalantly to his wife as if she was an ad in the newspaper that could not hear him but was just there to be remarked on, gossiped about, laughed at, then tossed aside.

"There are," Freya interrupted the sour reply she knew would come from her mum, "Hundreds, actually. Although, two particularly stand out for me. A hit wizard, they arrest extremely dangerous wizards, or a matron. The latter mainly so I could stay at Hogwarts."

"Sounds a bit like a joke to me. Honestly, how many dangerous wizards could there be? Couldn't you just flap your wand and make them disappear? Not challenging if you ask me," the words escaped the woman's pursed lips in a thoughtful manner as she buttered the piece of toast remained uneaten on her plate.

A strong urge to yell of the darkness that was unknowingly sweeping across her world formed in her brain, but she held back every desire to utter any thought about the death eaters, the Order of the Phoenix, or anything in further relation to the foul Lord Voldemort.

Unable to calm herself, Freya's free fist that was not clutched tightly around her eating utensil was slammed against the table.

"Well Mum, the good thing is that I don't need your permission. I'm seventeen, which means I'm perfectly grown in the Wizarding World that you despise so much. I could leave right now if I wanted to —"

Her father's face grew redder as her mother gaped at the girl with disbelief.

"— I just thought that maybe when I finally did, it would be peacefully, but I see now that there isn't much of a chance. In fact, I think I'll go stay with Lily for awhile."

With these words, a loud scrape filled the room as her chair slid back from the table. An unintended and rather dramatic exit was performed as she climbed the stairs two at a time. A loud protest echoed from her mother, whereas her father sat silently, deep in his own thoughts.

School robes and Muggle clothing alike were tossed in no particular order inside her suitcase that was thankfully charmed to fit more than it looked like it could. The Undetectable Extension Charm was one of her absolute favorite spells and a huge perk. Sweaters, books, jeans, quills, and random sentimental items were tossed into the open luggage carrier, everything easily fit as she zipped the opening to a close less than ten minutes later.

The last thing she grabbed was the small stack of letters that her friends had sent her over the span of three weeks. She glanced at them, knowing who had sent which just by the front of the envelope. The one at the top particularly catching her eye, the sender being Remus. She appreciated the pale blue envelope that he had picked from the store just because it matched her eyes, although it cost a bit more than the standard white packaging. Two tiny drops of brown liquid, no doubt the result of a coffee spill, dotted the corner of the envelope, seeping through slightly onto the letter inside.

She grabbed the letters, not only the ones from Remus, but also the notes of updates she had received from her other friends. They effortlessly slipped into the outside pocket of her coat, snugly fitting there as if that was where they belonged all along.

After apparating without a single goodbye, she was outside of Lily's home in no time, entirely uninvited but always welcomed nonetheless. The redhead opened the door before she even reached her knuckles up to tap three times, a pale hand reached out before tugging her inside. The door slammed as soon as she was fully in the homey front room.

"Are you mad? This is a muggle subdivision, Frey. You're lucky the only one that usually watched my house is Severus."

With this statement, Freya couldn't help but wrinkle her nose upwards in disgust and slight discomfort at the idea of the boy spying on his childhood friend from the shade of a tall willow tree that was walking distance from the house.

"Because that's not creepy," she emphasized sarcastically, tugging her suitcase behind her and letting it rest on the floor.

She surveyed her surroundings, taking in the vases of colorful flowers that lined the mantle, the picture frames boasting photos that would never come to life unlike the magic ones she was accustomed to at school, and the pile of pillows that sat on each piece of furniture. The room was welcoming and full of light. Sun streamed through the area so brightly that you could see the dust dancing throughout the clean room and around the corner.

A scoff echoed from an unnoticed armchair, and Petunia herself stood with crossed arms and a raised brow. Freya always assumed that if the woman did not look as if there was always a disgusting smell beneath her nose, she would be relatively pretty, but the facial expression yet again ruined her looks.

"And what are you doing here?" The nasally voice wrung through the room, so loud it practically shook the dancing dust and bounced across the house into every open door.

"I —" Freya bit her lip, unable to explain what had happened and having no desire to in front of Lily's sister, who would no doubt take her parents' side. Petunia had so desperately wanted to be magical that she wrote a letter to Dumbledore, and when she didn't get her way, she tormented her younger sibling for it every chance she received.

Lily, whose eyes were not only stunningly green but also sharply observant, raised an eyebrow at the luggage.

"Long story," Freya groaned as she sunk down into a armchair nearest to her and completely ignored the tall, questioning brunette. Lily soon joined, choosing to sit on the same piece of furniture as her rather than spread out on a different one.

The unwelcome figure of Petunia soon walked from the room with her head held high, choosing to go back to ignoring her sister rather than talking to her. The reason she had returned to the home was unknown, but the redhead assumed she wished to discuss something with their parents.

"I've got time," the redhead shrugged, looking at an imaginary watch, "All summer, actually. Though, if you take too long, we won't be able to make cookies with Mum."

a/n: freya & lily aesthetic up top because bff goals

also I know the whole Chloe/Kim thing has been extremely controversial over this week. I do not agree with what Chloe tweeted and I'm actually disappointed in her. however, I'm not changing the face claim of this story because that would require a ridiculous amount of rewriting, remaking trailers, and creating brand new aesthetics for twenty two chapters. no thanks.

qotd: tv show you are currently watching?

aotd: new girl season four and the 100 but it's taking forever because I rarely watch television

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3.6K 81
The blade in her grasp ached her wrist. Like an uncleaned paintbrush, the remnants of her work remained on the delicate steel. Crimson paint smothere...
9.9K 312 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
83.7K 1.9K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
39.3K 1.8K 27
maybe Nate McGonagall has been reading too many vampire novels, but Remus Lupin is starting to seem very suspicious. He's always out late at night, h...