Seeker and Spirit

By RainTheVixen

This is one of the first stories I'm getting serious with. I enjoy getting criticism so rant away at the stor... More

The Snow Fox in Distress
A Demon's Hidden Memory of Solitude
The Bond of the Stargazers
The Blood of the Raining Sky
2, 9, 10, 1, 64, 0. The Deciphering of Rain's Date
Aching, Suffering, and a New Side to Tears
A Small Note
The Rescue of a Coward
The Calm After a Storm
Seeker and Spirit set back

The Manor of Disguise

160 1 0
By RainTheVixen

Rysen Shackle's prospective. I also apologize for future content in this chapter. It may be hard to understand what is happening, I'll have to focus more on understandability in the future.

There I floated.. I soared in the pitiful black realm. The harsh bitterness and the scent of gunpowder. What is this? I held my sea blue eyes open, staring into the blackness. It's soul ripping loneliness bit at my flesh but, this feeling wasn't new. It was common among the death dreams I had.
Soon a image appeared before me, it was a golden light. A light that warmed me, I looked into its depths of gold just to lose interest in the warmth. It held no influence on my body that still flew with no purpose.

A childish voice called from behind me, "Why.. Why is it that the gods watch over and play with the souls of many." Her voice stopped for a second, "Why is it that a boy cries at the loss of a tool that he's known for a mere few days? Why is it that a boy sacrifices his life in attempt to save a girl he had known for a week? Why does this boy's body regenerate its own organs after the set time of twelve hours? Why does this boy hold no memories of his childhood except for one? One that he hung onto for hope and desire. Why does he see the images of so many deaths? Why can he withstand the pain of being forced to feel emotions of everything at once? Why is it that he trusts the girl so much? Why? Why? Why?!" The girl's voice turns to a shout. "Why do the gods play with his thick heart that grows to numb!? Why do they play with his memories?! Why can't they leave him alone?! Why don't they know that they're destroying him piece by piece?!"

I continued to float there, listening to the complaints of the girl that I could not see.

"Why, I ask you, why?" She called to me.

"Why? Me? I don't know the answers.." I replied.

"Look into the gold, why don't you enter it? Why don't you lust after the warmth?" She asked.

My voice was weak, "I'm not interested in it."

"Have you ever seen the red light of a god?"

A pain ran throughout me, enlisting my nerves against my body. I clenched my fist closed in rebellion. The pain soon dies as the gold in the void turned to a black and white preview.

In what used to be gold, a series of images followed. All being of a man. The first was me looking up from a crib, another being from just recent. The image of a red glow that I saw while running with Kindling.

"The story of the Criptech. A god follows a newborn boy. The god was interested in its way of thinking, his way of perceiving the world around himself. The god trusted the boy and the boy was unaware of the god. The boy in his young life was adopted by a woman named, Brittany Dowwer, and a man named, Greg Dowwer after being attacked. They were married and a happy couple. They only took him in after being told that he had no relatives. None, almost as if the boy was born from thin air. While growing up the boy was almost killed on three occasions, all being kidnappings. The god was watching over him for each time. The god protected the boy from death. The god saved him each time, not knowing the other gods were watching his actions. One day the boy meets a girl in a park. The girl wasn't human and the god was nervous so he stood watch. Day after day the boy went to play with the girl even though his parents were now nervous wrecks for his safety. The girl and boy enjoyed each other's company for the boy had no friends and the girl had no one that could see her. One day the god sleeps, for he was far too weary to stay awake. He awakes to chaos.. Building being shot down and explosions everywhere. The god panics and searches for the boy and girl that he was entranced by. Everywhere he looks.. Looks and looks.. After hours of searching he finds the girl under the boy. The god's eyes widened. The boy's back was filled with shrapnel and the girl stared with wide eyes. The god drops to the ground next to the boy and girl, his tears full. Why! He cries. The girl too scared to move stares at the blood that trickles down the boy's body. She just stares with tears in her eyes. Her only friend. Her only hope. Her only desire, dead... The god raises his head to look at the boy and girl to see three other gods, mischief, desire, and war. Grins on their faces, This is why you don't get close to humans.. Mischief stated. Little did all the gods realize, humans weren't the only beings in the world. The lack of intelligence would now surprise the three.. The girl slips from the weight of the boy's body with tears. She picks at the boy's back as the gods watched. She removes the shrapnel and gets on the boy. She licks at the wounds on the boy's body. She bit at the boy's ears and a light emerges. The four gods all stared at the boy and girl. The boy's wounds gone while, he sleeps peacefully with the girl next to him. They cuddled like kits and shared warmth. The girl's hood falls and her ears showed, the black mess of fur showed. The three gods stared with astonishment. The one god who watched over them already knew of the girl with ears and walks over and pets them both. The three gods stared a while longer before the one god waves his hand, healing the land around them, ceasing the onslaught of explosions and hell. The one god then takes Mischief, War, and Desire back to the gods' realm, never supposed to return... He still would watch though. Watch from his empire longing to return. Ten years.. It took him ten years, a decade, to return to the earth' s realm.. Now he sits by the boy's side waiting for him to wake from his slumber. His so called death.." The child's voice whispered into my ear, "Now.. Rysen, the boy who wonders.. The boy who mimics.. The boy who will live for eternity due to half of the Core of Malco.. The boy who puts interest into the gods who watch over your puny realm.. Wake from your slumber, wake to your destiny. Join the living again.. Join us once more in this endless cycle.. Open.. Your eyes..."

I sprung forward, hitting my head on something hard, "Ouch!"

"Shut up you fool." A whisper into my ears stopped my complaint.

Is that.. Lancet? I turned to see a angered face. The minty green eyes stared fiercely at my face. Yep.. I looked around to see that we were contained in some tight box.

"Wha.." I started to whisper back.

Her hand reached around my mouth and she "shhed," me. I heard a rumbling of footsteps around me and a new male voice call out happily to someone, "Have a nice day!"

Footsteps then creeped over to the box we sat in. The top opens and Lancet jumps out to stretch. I looked up to meet the eyes of the universe, the waving color of blue, purple, and green.

The man looked away, "Hello, my name is C.."

I interrupted him, "Criptech?"

He glances back, "Interesting.. Where did you learn that?"

"Nowhere.." I replied.

"Already lying to a god. Not good for a entity like you. I would like to ask you some questions if you would please answer honestly. Come, come, sit with me, Rysen Shackle."

He leads myself and lancet away from the old wooden bar looking set and down two sets of stairs. He opens a glistening metal door at the bottom of the steps. The other side of the door had a square, wooden table. Two seats were on one side while one metal chair was on the other. I sat down in one of the two wooden seats, Lancet sat next to me. The one I labeled Criptech sat in the larger metallic one.

"Rysen Shackle, a supposed human boy. Rain Scarlet, a supposed spirit girl.. Ok, question one.. Do you know where you are right now?"

"No." I replied.

"Are you alive right now?"

"I don't know.."

Lancet jumped in, "Yes, you are alive. Somehow.."

Criptech continued, "Did you see anything or hear anything in your sleep?"

"Yes, I heard a voice and something about eternal life due to some core.." I replied truthfully.

"What did the voice sound like?"

A weird feeling filled me. Almost like I was controlled for a second. "I don't remember." I lied.

"What is the answer to this, the boy who will, blank, in pain and sorrow at the cost for her pain and sorrow."

"The boy who will live in pain and sorrow at the cost for her's. Meaning the boy takes the girls pain." I said.

"Can you feel it?"

Something nagged at me, "Feel what?" My voice left but, wasn't answered by words. A tug at my heart drew a heavy weight. That weight soon collapsed and broke my body. Tears began to roll down my face as I plundered at my chest. It aches.. It burnt.. It longed for something.. This is Rain? She feels so.. Alone, like the first day I met her just.. More painful. I took a deep breath and held back the tears that battles its cage.

"Last question... When are you going?"

Anger drew from with in and I slammed the table I sat at, "Now!"

My own movements and thoughts started to wander, leaving me behind. Leaving me with no control. I stood up and looked in circles.

"What's he doing?" Lancet asked.

"I love it when they do this.. No matter how far.. They always are linked, always having some sort of tie to each other. Now Rysen.. What type of play will you give us gods this time? What is your story this century?" Criptech said smiling.

I spun around looking for something, I walked around the room in search of something. Where is it!? Where are you!? I started to panic, pushing stuff over and ramming into things.

"Rysen?.." Lancet asked stepping forward.

"Stand back. He's starting to transform.." Criptech stated with a outstretched arm.

"Transform?"

I tilted my head back, inhaled a deep breath, and launched a bloodcurdling howl.. A lonesome howl at the wooden borders.

"He's not what you think.. He's not a Oshigon.."

I felt a tension pull at my muscles, bringing a painful rip as my body fell to the floor. I felt blood boil up from each breath I take.

"He's something much older.. Something much more powerful when its partner is in peril. He is.." The words were trailing off. "Don't move."

"W-w.. Where is she?" I tilted my head with a blank face, asking the god and weapon.

I walked forward, right in front of Lancet. I brought my face close to her's. "I smell her.." I then, with a quick movement, retrieved a white piece of paper from her breast pocket, on her red gown.

The note held the scent of a clouded day, the scent after a wave fall of water. The scent of rain.. It's her!

I opened the folded paper and read the following, I'm sorry, this is all I can do as a enemy but, there is a safe house where It keeps hold of old clothing and weaponry. Please make use of it, by no means are you to try and retrieve Rain Scarlet. It's too dangerous. Kindling Ice. 86301, Echoed road.

The tension on my muscles continued to rip at me. The pain was ignored though, the shifting of bone that just started was tossed aside. The growth of a snout, unknown. All I saw was a chance.. A chance to get Her.

"He's the edging blade that is to guard her. She is the fox.. The fox that accepted him for the beast he is. The two separated are nothing.. The two together.. Unstoppable. Now Lancet... Prepare yourself for a mad wolf. The guardians of the land millions of years ago. The.. Ginki.."

My body shifted, changed with the forcing tension that held no mercy. My sight changed to a purple vision. A darkness that seemed lonesome. The shifting of my body completed as I stood two thirds the height I used to be. My head hung low to see black paws. With one step... I will no longer be human.. I will be a beast, a demon with this step.. And I'm prepared for this!
I glared at Lancet to motion her by my side. She immediately returned to my body like a secondary soul and I bursted out of the room.

"I'm sorry it only repeats.." Criptech worded as I launched off.

I ran.. The wind felt as if it were forcing speed upon me in the night. Faster. Faster.. Faster! I followed my instinct. I had to since I had no clue as to where I was but, I do know one thing. I can sense her aura..
Minutes pass and my purple vision changes as I looked to my right. A red font fills a street sign. Echoed Rd. My sprint comes to a immediate stop. My nose reached out, searching for a scent.
It reeked of blood.. The tolerance I held for this strong, blunt scent was much too reserved. It was as if I lived in this smell for months. My paw steps forward as a crimson cloud fills my purple vision. Overpowering the purple with a red smoke. "Come here!" It shouted. "Let me entrance you." It begged. I stepped forward once more. "Let this manor harbor your sinful soul." It said.
Again my paws walk over each other trotting forward into the street. The smoke eludes my sight and a gate comes into view. The hard edging bladed metal that sat a top the metallic gate showed power. The shining silver boasted of its lures. The gate opens with creeks as my paws continue to follow the cloud of red that had cleared. Its blood scented smoke was lurking deep in the mansion that appeared out of nowhere. The hollowed feeling the old tilted mansion emitted through the clouded night flared a growl but, I was in no mood to back down at this point. This bloody scent.. It's familiar, it represents her..
My body that walked on all fours, strode quickly towards the mansion that overshadowed the desolate land around me. A red path was left on the floor. A path that stuck out from the purple shades. It lead me towards the door of the darkened building. My eyes met with the black door that had a goblin head stone on the front. A knock sounded from the other side, followed by a deafening screech. As the screwy scream died so did my vision. I fell over in a imbalance. My eyes closed and the black void returned.. Just as it always does.

"That's what the story says at least.. The story of Criptech, the god who watches the boy and protects him but.. That's all it is.. A story. A story made up by someone. The real thing is a tragedy.. The real thing is nothing but death for the boy and girl. That's what the gods who watch your realm love.. Tragedies.. The hope that is gathered over time, the love that is unrivaled, the boy who walks too fast and the girl who runs to catch up.. They love watching the two grow closely and then.. When they are at the peek.. When it's about to end in happiness.. They pull the carpet from under the boy and girl and they plunder into confusion and loss of hope.. They are confronted by obstructions and are always pried away. Pried into a corner where they suffer.. Suffer a grinding death alone. Criptech was the writer of your last story.. The others were the audience. He's returned again.. He wants to write another tragedy.. Be careful of his sins.. He is sly.." The young female voice rang in my ears through the black void. "Now Rysen, it's time you wake again.. It's time for you to learn to fight back, unlike the past. It's time that you learn to use your abilities correctly.. The blood soaked smoke will lead you. Follow it for now. It's only the twenty seventh of a cold winter. Take time to understand your abilities.. Now rise you unknown entity.. Rise to your duty, Ginki.."

I opened my eyes to be face to face with a mirror. The black wolf figure that was now mine stood broad reflecting back. Golden eyes stared menacingly into my own figure. The shadowed halls I met with as I turned enflamed my heart with a hint of fear. I sniffed for the blood. Follow the blood she says.. I veered around smelling the vile scent.

"I need to get out and find her.." I whispered hastily.

I walk down the hall that I woke in. My head peeked through every open door. The insides of the rooms repeated over and over. A old wooden rocking chair, a chipped window without glass, and some old broken crate. I proceeded down the creaky hallway, towards a stair case. Forward I pushed, on and on. Am I.. In the same spot I was? I turned around to see a mirror and I walked to the door to see the same room. The stair case was still far down the hall.
I entered the room that was covered in dust. My paws brought me to the chair first, I extended my forepaw and pushed it. A creak vibrated throughout the room. I pressured the chair to a stop and turned towards the window. I jumped up, standing on my hind legs and balancing myself on the ledge of the window. The wall broke under my pressure. I started to fall and as I blink, I return back to the door.
My body walked back to the rocking chair and pushes at it, then stopping it. I'm.. Repeating myself? My body returns to the window and jumps at it, just to fall again.
My eyes open to be at the door once more. Did I ever have control over this body to begin with? I've been moving at the first thought of anything.

"Lancet?" I called.

No reply came.. I'm all alone. My body repeats the motion over and over again. All I could do was think of a way to gain control over my own body. One being force, another being, causing harm to myself.
I attempted to move my head weakly at first. A small response accrued and I tried again with more force. I encounter more resistance as I pushed. My paw extends towards the chair again. I locked my eyes in on my forearm, beat my own power and open my jaw.
As I force my jaw closed, my body shivered into my control. I let my fangs exit the wound and had my leg go limp. I looked around freely and limped over to the broken crate. Upon inspection, the entire box was riddled with piles of dust.
I leaned in and dug past the dust with my snout. I retracted my head and sneezed, dust flew about the room and fell like snowflakes. When my eyes opened again, my body was human. I raised my hands to my face, the ripped jacket I wore was the same as earlier. It really does merge with your body. I looked down from my crouched position and put my hand into the tattered box of dust. As I rumbled my hand about the box I hit something solid...
I took a tight grip on it and pulled the item out. "Stupid wolf.." A voice said. My head turned around in response. Nothing.. I returned to the item in hand. What I saw was a dusty, filthy, old, hoodless jacket. The material felt like.. A cloth of some sort. I set it on the old chair next to me.
My hand searched the box once more. I grabbed hold of something rougher. As my hand brought the item out a sharp pain filled my head. My eyes closed tightly in resistance but, it seems I had fallen further into the clutches of the entity at war with me..

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I had to.. I needed to do it. I can't let Him see, I can't let Him know the truth.." A familiar voice shouted.

The blurred images started to focus in. A crimson was all I could see.

"I'm sorry.. My friend.." The male's voice said.

The red transformed into a body.. One that seemed to resemble someone I know too much. Through the segmented images my eyes widened as, a purple replaces the crimson. "It's Her!" I growled aggressively.

My breath grew ragged as I saw that the bleeding body was Rain's. The same messy, long, black hair. The same golden eyes that were half closed. The same fangs that nonchalantly stuck out of her mouth. It's her.. The ears that were laid down as if she were scolded. The fluffy dark tail that was painted white..

She drew a breath, "Thank you.. Rysen.."

"What?" I questioned.

The familiar voice responded, "I'm sorry.. He mustn't know, not yet.. He mustn't get to the core yet.. I'll see you in due time.. Rain."

"Yes, Rysen.. Soon.. We will met. For one life is too simple.. We are inhuman.. We always find a way together don't.. We? We always meet, don't we? I feel it.. Like I've known you for centuries.. May it be a thousand years of separation. May it.. Be a.. Eternity. Once we meet again.. I will say to you.. I've.. always lo..." Her voice dies along with her breath.

"And to you.. The same, Rain Scarlet.. I will always.. Love you.. For I am your edge.. I am your weapon.. I am your guard.. I am your partner.. I am yours in its entirety. May we met once more in another life.. For we are the inhuman, we are the Wolf and the Fox, the forbidden entities of the world.. You the goddess and me the guardian.. See you soon.. My love.." The voice said.
The images then turned bland as I saw a hand outstretched for the blade in Rain's body. It look like Marchange.. Rain's sword. The hand turned the blade towards the prospective I was seeing through. My vision stared upwards, a sea of stars brightened my sight.

"I'm sorry Criptech but, it's not time for you to find us yet.. We can't let you mark us, we can't let you control us.. So write your story all you want. Write your tragedy about the boy who walked too fast and the girl who ran to catch up. And Rain.. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough.. Maybe next time.. Just maybe I.. No.. He can do it.. Along side with her. We will exist no more but.. They can continue.." The voice weakly whispered.
With the last words.. The sword fell.. Piercing his heart, killing the boy instantly.
My vision snapped back to the crooked room, leaving my body shivering with a powerful pain in my head. Something wasn't right.. That was.. Rain.. And me? What's going on.. Criptech? He mustn't know about the core?.. That voice from earlier.. That girl said something similar as that boy.. "Write your tragedy.." The boy said.. The girl said something along the lines of, "The real thing is a tragedy.. It was nothing but death for the boy and girl." There was also something about her saying watch out for Criptech..
I stood, hand gripping tightly onto my head as the merciless pain bit at me. I need to get out of here.. It's.. Unnerving.. I walked weakly towards the door.

"Stupid wolf.." That same sentence.. It stopped me.

I turned towards that whisper that tormented my left ear. Nothing.. I trotted towards the open door. "Stupid.." The door seemed to run from me, I picked up my speed. "Your forgetting That?"

I stopped moving altogether. "Forgetting what!" I was further stopped by a groan. The pain grew leaving me on my knees, tightly grappled to the floor.

"Stupid wolf.." The whisper called. "What roams the night? What being can you label inhumane?"

I huffed towards the ground as a pressure forms in my head. "A inhumane bein..." I was stopped by a chain slivering around my arm. The same chain that embedded itself into me with Hilt.. "Inhumane? Heh.. Something that doesn't chose.. Something that has no reason for life.. A inhumane being is something that has a no cause.."

"It's funny that you say that.. Wolf. Rain Scarlet is a inhumane being, then?" A cold wave of ice filled my ear as she said her next words.. "You and the false god are inhumane at this vary moment.. You having no choice in your actions and her.. No reason to live."

I released my head and shouted at the girl's voice in a rage, "No, She is not inhuman! And I.. I have control!

"Do you now? I'd say you are following a relentless instinct right now.. The instinct to save your favorite. If you think you have control then prove it.. Stand up, Wolf.. Prove to me that you can guard a false god! Prove to me that you can remember That!" She yelled. "If you can't.. I'll never let you leave the land I protect!"

"Remember what?! What is it that you want me to remember!?" I angrily yelled.

"Return to the box and rumble about.. I'm sure you'll remember eventually, Wolf."

My body stands from the ground and goes to the box. She was right.. I had no control. My body moved before I commanded.. It walked forward in a lust for escape..

"Wolf.. You stupid beast that falls in a merciless circle.. Remember the past! Remember the forgotten words!"

I put my quivering hand into the box. Once more I come into contact with something. My head starts to spin again as images appear.
The world created around me was peacefully quiet. A bright green mirage of grass flew through the fields, the subtle scent of mowed grass, and a soft cushion under my head. A tree overhung in my sight as I stared upwards. The leaves blew in a gentle rolling wind.

"Oh, look who's up." Wide, golden eyes replaced the tree. Black hair fell over the girl's shoulder.

"Did I fall asleep? Sorry, Rain." My voice replied, starting to sit up. Rain's hand slipped onto my forehead and I was forced back into her lap, "Whaa?"

"Go back to sleep." She silently said.

"But, I'm not tired." I replied.

"Nope, you're sleepy, go back to sleep." She said closing her eyes with a peaceful smile. She inhales deeply, yawning.

"Oh, really." I said reaching up with my left hand putting it against her cheek gently. "I guess I could sleep a little longer but, you lay down, ok."

"Alrighty." She sung sleepily.

I raise my head from Rain's lap and sit against the tree. Rain lazily crawled over and rested her head on my lap and closes her eyes. Her ears laid down against her head. Her tail wagged peacefully back and forth in the shade of the tree.

"Hey, Rain?" I asked after a few minutes.

"Yes, Rysen?" She returned.

"What are we?.."

Her head rose to meet my eyes. "What do you mean."

"I mean.. What are we exactly. Why are we hunted, wanted dead?"

"You're no fun, I thought you would finally bring that subject up.." She yawned again.

"Hmm, what do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing. You're so bad at noticing others feelings.. Well, anyways. I don't care why, so I never thought about it. Live your life while you have it. Jump a space when you're supposed to walk.. Ask risky questions while you can draw breath.. It's a confusing life to be targeted for no reason.." She said softly.

"Ask risky questions.. Feelings? Fine, I'll take a jump." I said with a softening smile. "Rain Scarlet?.. Will you.. Be mine and myself yours?"

I looked down to meet a warming smile and tired eyes, "Took you long enough to ask.. Of course." She said raising her hand to poke the tip of my nose. She snickers, "Come closer.."

I lowered my head in response. She wraps her arms around my neck and raises herself to meet me. Our lips contact each other for mere seconds. She retracts herself and lays back down, "You remember my first words to you right?"

"Umm, yea, The smile of a demon casts fear into people but, their eyes allure them."

"Does my smile frighten you?" She asked with the same gentle smile.

"No."

"It's because I'm not a demon when I'm near you.. I'm a girl. One that has fallen victim to you. I've fallen in love with you." She replied. "Thank you, for staying with me all this time." She sits up.

"You have never been a demon." I replied with a smile that matches hers.

"I was a demon.. And you were a incomplete being. We were both confused and empty. We were both incomplete.. With out you I'm nothing.." She says.

"Together we are immortal... Separated we are hollowed beings. May we live together forever then." I said.

She slides herself against my shoulder. "Thank you, Rysen." As she yawns again, "A Demonic Fox and a Kind Hearted Wolf.. Hmm, we're so odd.."

"Oh, please. Everyone's odd if you look at it from another angle." I said as I put my arm around the sleepy vixen.

"That may be true, Rysen.." She said before falling asleep. "That may be true..." Her breath calms as her body uses me as support. Her tail curled past her lap and onto mine as if it were a blanket.

"Have a dream filled sleep, Rain." I said closing my own eyes.

The images dissipated and I was left with lashing pain. It felt as if a cord connected to my heart was snapped in half. Through my squint I saw what was in my hand. A belt? I held a leather belt like item that was covered in small straps for something.

"The boy offers support to the girl who is tired.." The voice chimed. "You guys were so cute and lovey dovey that age. But.. Remember the night.. The night she warns you.."

I reach back into the box and once more my hand reaches for something and images scroll across my vision.

Moonlight lit the flower field before me. The Moon Blossom.. Stars blossomed in the sky along side the flowers that widened.

"Rysen.. Why do we live if we are forced to die?" Rain's voice asked.

"Who knows.." I replied.

"Each life, we meet.. Why is that?"

"I would say love but, that isn't true. This isn't a fairy tale. I'd say some type of contract or something.. The only thing that brings us back though are the cores.. We find each other on our own."

"Hmm, what about your incomplete transformation?"

"Hey now.. I don't know how to control myself when I use that form. Blood art is a pain to control.. I loss myself in that form.."

"Here, take my hand, I'll help you." Rain stated.

"Your hand?"

"Yes, my hand Rysen. I won't bite.. Yet." She says with a smile.

I offer my hand to the girl. She reached out and tightly grasped it. Her warm hand enveloped mine.

"Calm your breathing."

I close my eyes and control my own breath. In and out.. In.. And out.

"Now, open your eyes wide and say something that's close to you. Something you'll always remember." She says. "Something even death won't take away."

I open my eyes staring towards Rain, "Golden.." I whispered.

"Golden.. That's kind of you. Recite this word over again in your head, with controlled breaths."

I continued to look into the yellow hues. The eyes of a sly vixen. One that I alway find after death. Golden.. Golden.. Golden. My body began to change. No pain was felt. No grinding of bones.. Just a smooth transformation from human to beast. I fell to be two feet shorter then Rain. She rubbed my furred head with gentle movements.

"Does the clothing work well with merging?" The girl asked.

I nodded. I put my paw up in a motion for a small celebration. Rain high fives me. "Yaaay." She whispers soundly.

"Now Rysen.. You practice the blood arts. This is very dangerous to attempt without blood so always have me contribute before you use these arts." She said loosening her black button up shirt. Her hand removes two buttons from the shirt. Rain then pulled the collar outward revealing her neck.

"Ra.. Rain..." I questioned.

"Come here, I'll give you a bit to use for now. Later you're going to repay the favor though." Rain said moving her hair away and holding it up with her hand. "All you have to do is bite into me a bit."

I walked over and with my fangs I surrounded Rain's neck. I clamped the two longest fangs into the fox, making the girl flinch. I then released the girl from the fangs and backed away.
Her eyes were closed tightly and teared up. Blood started to leave the wounds I had inflicted. In a wire like manor, the blood left the holes made. It connected to each other in a wide red tube that then extended from the girl. Tears trickled down the girl's face.

"Rain?!"

"Recite the words!" She cried. "Don't ever forget them while performing.

I stopped and continued to focus. The blood continued to solidify and extend from the girl. Finally the blood completely separated from Rain and she draws a large breath. Her wounds healed and a solidified blood sample soared around me. It was very flexible and turned at my first thought.

"Rysen, the blood can be turned to anything from your imagination. A weapon. A shield. Clothing. Anything. It solidifies at your own thought, such as using it as a weapon. Let's use a icicle as example. Think hard about what a icicle looks like."

I closed my eyes and created a image of a large icicle. One that slowly melted and formed a sharp tip. Widened back. I opened my eyes again to see a much smaller version of what I thought.

"See." She said.

"It's a lot smaller.."

"Of course it is. You have a limited amount of blood. I recommend never harming yourself for these in battle. Always use your opponents blood or your own when harmed in a fight. Also you don't have to be in this wolf form to control blood."

"Why did you make me turn this way then?" I asked.

"You were never comfortable in your transformation. I thought I could help out by telling you about calming yourself before transformation. Oh, the words you recite are for the blood. You can transform whenever you want. Try turning back to human right now."

I just thought of being human and I transformed immediately. The blood icicle still at my side. I lost thought of the icicle and the crimson fell to the ground. I tried to control the blood again but, no reaction appeared.

"Only fresh blood can be picked up from the floor." Rain said answering my thoughts.

"Oh. Whoops."

Rain chuckled, "What's with that reaction."

"It's kind of a waste..." My reply said back.

The images disappear and leave me on the ground. My heart profoundly ached in pain. I stared at the rough ceiling of the room while my head spun in several circles.

"The boy is taught how to use a ability he strayed away from. The girl calms him as she tries to trick him into forgetting his fears, but sometimes.. It's best to stay away from a deathly weapon. Once more stick your hand into the box. Remember the words she gave you before the falling of a god's guardian. Remember the heart breaking love that her words left behind.. Remember for your own good..."

I weakly attempted to sit up from what felt like my deathbed. The world spun in its relentless attempt to sway me to a slumber. As I rose from the floor a howl broke from outside. My head turned slowly towards the tattered window.

"Quickly.. Reach into the past.." The voice pushed me onwards.

Without looking at the object in hand I tossed it aside and still dazed, I put my hand back into the crate. Into the memories once more..

"Rysen!" A voice cried.

The image of a sword fell towards my eyes. With a swift movement my body avoids the falling blade. My arms brought a scythe to swipe back at the origin of the weapon. Blood followed the blade, "Crimson, I'm sorry.." My body said. "I know you hate this but, please bear it."

"Ye-yes, sir." A murmur replied.

As my vision cleared, I saw two people. One, Rain, by my side. The other a boy. He held a dagger. Eyes that smiled for the unmoved mouth. A burning fire red colored his shortened hair. A black mark shaped like a star on his left cheek.

"So.. Here we are Rysen.. Rain.. At the end.. The question is. Do I die? Or do you?" The words were there but, his heart seemed taken.

"So it seems, Italis." I replied. "Young dragon.. Wish it wasn't like this. I though of you as a friend. Rain, you up for this?"

"Yes." She said confidently.

"I'll set the barrier for you guys, I only need you two anyways." Italis states.

"You're still hanging in there somewhere." I say with a frown, "I'm sorry I couldn't stop it.."

The boy snaps.. Suddenly the ground below myself and Rain falls. A angel's wing sprouts from my back alongside a demon's. I grab Rain's hand and bursted up. As I arched backwards I let go of Rain's hand.
She flys towards the boy, Marchange in hand. With her free hand a number resided behind her back. Three.. I nod. I flew away from the girl who fell towards the boy. Picking up as much speed.

"Pitter, patter the rain's guard. Shackle me in place with the holder." She says with her blade reaching for the boy. Italis reflects it with ease and prepares for a punish.

The floor that had disappeared earlier began to reform. Red, neon strands created land, beginning at the boy.

"Accepted!" I yelled as Italis's small blade aimed for Rain's neck. Rain and I swap places, I charge into Italis with the speed I gained. The boy's blade escaped his hands as he was engraved into the newly formed land. Rain lands gracefully and I let the wings erase themselves from my body.
I was violently pushed from the body of Italis. The boy stands as I recovered from his shove. His eyes meet with mine. A fire tinted his.. Eyes of a dragon.. The boy's body changes. Red scales overloaded the soft skin. Larger it grows, past human height and to its own scale. Wings that ripped themselves in black and red. Scales that covered his back, ruby, and a belly tinted white. Horns stuck from the narrow head of the beast.

Rain returns to my side, "What do we do now? Kill or subdue him?"

I tightened my grip on Crimson, "Ouch, Master stop it!" The scythe exclaimed.

"We kill him now.. It's too late. He's not Italis anymore. If we attempt to subdue him we'll be in too much danger. Kill is the only option right now. Crimson?" I asked.

"Yes, I can stand it, as long as it's only him. Sorry I'm useless.." Crimson said, knowing my next words.

"Thanks." I said sincerely.

Rain shouldered her sword, "Be careful.."

I nod, "Same goes for you."

A screech sent a wave of flames towards us splitting us apart. The beast we now fight was a dozen times taller then us. I angled my head towards Rain who was running at the same pace as me, number five. Rain.. Five? I turn away from the red dragon and sprint. Once I had a decent view of the whole dragling I came to a stop and impale the ground with Crimson.

"As the guard, I present the fold of power and sprint to the goddess who fights. Implode my senses to the vixen that slyly conflicts her pain to me."

The dragon begins to face me, ignoring the fox that swiped at his chest. I'm sorry, Italis. This won't be painless. Rain jumps into the air and her echoed call resonated the through the sky, "Declined, and Restate the Copy Cat's Eye."

I grab onto Crimson and sprint towards the dragon, It's a one on one now but, I will be victorious. My body runs forward without hesitation. "Accepted." I said to myself. Rain's body falls to the ground and I take off towards the dragon..

Five. It's a number we use on rare cases. It's usually too risky to use. The chances for a injury increases dramatically for the one that fights, that's why I only allow myself to fight in this state. We converge our powers together which causes massive self harming for the person in use of the power. Step one is to act as if one of us is casting a spell. Step two is to have the spell declined so the focus would change for a second. Rain uses a quick incarnation she created herself and more or less copies the last spell used. Step three I now have the power of Rain Scarlet alongside my own. Don't forget the increasing amount of pain through the my body.

"Italis, please forgive me!" I yelled as I bursted towards the sky. A wave of fire pooled towards my airborne body. "Rain's Blessing." A field of water formed in front of me and I charge through the flames.
I swing Crimson, clipping of a chunk of scales from the neck of the dragon. Blood followed.

"It's for Rysen, it's for Rysen, it's for Rysen!" Crimson shouted into my head.

"Golden.." I said to myself. The falling mass of blood came to my side, hovering. Crimson's body was then used to split through the hard scales of the dragon seven more times. After the seventh I immediately cast Crimson away. She's been through enough. Now, it's my turn.. I had gathered a pool of blood at this point and I didn't need to scar Crimson anymore. I converge the blood into several swords, seven at my back and two in hand. The remaining hardened ruby was formed into tiny needles.
The dragon screeched to itself as the weapons manifested. I looked towards the head of the dragon. I met with a flaring glare of anger. The dragon opened its jaws revealing a set of sharpened yellow teeth. A spark ignited flames that bursted from the mouth of the red demon.

"Rain's Blessing." Water shielded my body as the flames tumbled towards me. I raise one of the bloodied swords in response.

The images disappear before the flames contacted me. I was left kneeling on the ground with tears welling up in my eyes. The same dust filled box eat at my hand. My head thumped with a indescribable pain, and my breath was stuck in my throat.

"Wait.. Why aren't you dreaming?!" The same voice yelled.

A whisper overpowered the voice in my head, "Rysen.."

The voice continued to try and talk over the whisper, "An interruption! How? Who?!"

The soft voice continued to whisper over the shouting, "Rysen.. Help. Please, come back.."

"I-Is that Rain?.." The voice asked. "How in hell are you communicating!? I closed off all forms of commun.. I mean.." The voice began to stutter.

"Rysen, please come back.. It's cold here.. It's cold, please come back.." The soft voice pleaded.

The headache slowly disappeared as Rain's voice took over the tormenting yells of the other voice. I removed my hand from the box and looked at all the items I have retrieved. A howl sounded in the close vicinity. "Rysen.. You're my partner right.. You can't die. We just met.. This is unfair! Why did you die!?"

"Rain.." I stated softly as I met with the items.

The items were all clothing. A rough looking jacket colored black with tints of blue, torn cloth, a strap that holds something, and some sort of black cloth as pants. My hand was tightly grasping onto a soft scarf.
The clothes themselves started to levitate off the ground. The scarf rocketed off my hand and around my neck. The random bits of cloth began to ram into my chest attaching themselves to my clothing. The black jacket floated in front of me as the final bits of cloth formed a long sleeve. The scarf loosened itself from me and I looked down to see that the torn pants had attached to me as well.
I grab the jacket and throw it on. The strap then guides itself over my shoulder and places itself across my torso. I'm not going to question this...
A howl sounds once more and I move to the window. Outside stood a beast, hunched over and pleading towards the moon. Silver fur flowed over the body that walked weakly.
My eyes widened. The dark purple vision began to return, alongside ragged breath. Impulses to charge out began to fill me. No.. Don't listen to the temptations.. My body fell to the ground, my body began to prepare to transform. No.. I stood back up in resistance.
My breath continued to quickly leave and enter. Calm down.. I took a deep breath, holding it. A rush of oxygen exits me as I release it. In. Out. In.. Out... I blew a last breath out and gained control of my breathing. My vision returned to normal and my muscles loosened.

"Lancet, can you hear me now?" I asked.

"Y~s, w~~~ were you do~ng?" A broken reply called in.

"Get ready for a fight, some beast is outside. I have somethings I want to test real quick."

"Test?"

"Just get ready."

"You don't have to tell me to be ready, I'm always set to fight for your cause. It's a waste of time to ask for a weapons approval."

I ready myself as I peek out the window again, the beastly humanoid dog was still lingering about. "Shackle my burdens in place." The deathly scythe appears in hand and I back from the window.
Turning back towards the weak wall and begin to run. I brace myself as I charge through the wall. The weak wood breaks and once again I fall but, this time I won't appear in that old room again. I fall..

"Golden.." I whisper as I plunge towards the cement ground.

The world turns black and white just as it had in the past. I land on the cracked pavement without injury. My body and Lancet seemed lighter. The beast continued to stand in place. I walked over to its motionless body stared at it. Just like SER, Joker, and Rain, this beast was colored. It's claws were molten with a extended orange liquid.
I examine the extended weapon. It was around six inches longer then the original claws. I look at the werewolf and notice something odd. Unlike the first times of freezing the world where nothing moved, the beasts chest was moving as if it were breathing normally.

"Wh-What are you doing?" A old raspy voice asked through a cough, "I can only stand here for so long."

I blink and the world returns to the normal color filled place. "Interesting.." I said to myself.

"What is young boy?" The beast asked turning towards me fully.

"You are friendly? That's what is interesting." I replied.

"I'm a old fello, I have no need to be rude but, I will ask once again. What are you doing in my mansion?"

"I have no clue how I got here to be completely honest, it was like I kinda just got here suddenly. To think I was about to attack you.." I said with a chuckle, I need to be careful with what I attack..

"Were you now. I guess you have your reasons. It seems that something is troubling you, what's on your mind boy." The yellow eyes narrowed as he stared me down.

"I need to leave this place and get my friend." I said directly.

"By the uneasiness I feel, they're in trouble and you don't know here to begin." He chuckled, "Ahh, youth such a great thing. I'll tell you what, I will let you out and forget the fact that you broke my wall as long as you return with that friend of yours once you save her."

I shift my eyes away, "Sorry about th.." I stopped myself, Her.. I didn't say anything about that. I turned back, "How did.." The werewolf was gone from sight along with his mansion. It looked like a normal street now.

My eyes shot across the vicinity to meet homes and cars, that of a normal world. I reached into the pants that had formed on me, my phone held captive in the butt pocket. The phone, then, picked from the slit that it sat. I raised it to my eyes and scan the screen as my fingers run across the surface. The contacts were brought up. The first read, AI Volcanic. That bastard hacked my phone and placed his information in here.

I tapped call. The tone rang.. Once more the bells tinkered.. "Come on, pick up you stupid artificial scrap."

"Rysen? Wha-"

"I'm going to stop by the house. Is anyone there?" I asked quickly.

"Earlier my sensors caught two signatures but, one disappeared. The other walked off. Here, I'll boot up."

"Good, can you transfer yourself into my pho-"

"Holy shit!? What happened to your room?!" Volcanic yelled into my ear.

"It's too late now, don't worry too much about it. Can you transfer yourself?"

"Yes, hurry up. I don't like this sight..."

I ended the call and shut the phone off, returning it to the slim slot. Ok.. Breath is the main focus. Then, think of transformation. I close my eyes, turning the world black, isolate. My heart beat slowed, leaving my mind clear. The wolf that guards.. I am that wolf. Snout and all. Thick black coat, broad, intimidating. Almost like, another world is in my eyes that shine red.. I felt a tilt of a bone in my skull before opening my eyes. My body fit itself to my description, leaving me on four legs, ready to run.
I took a deep breath and howled. In the distance, I hear a howl return to mine. The same that was hung by the mansion. The mansion that forced me to watch a past. The past of another's life.. One that forced this roguish disguise on me. The manor that broke me to my knees..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202 19 21
Chaos and chaos, and I didn't try on the last chapter, so please forgive me. I'll do better in the next book, I swear.
5 0 1
I don't know if I'm continuing this, but the first chapter has 5 chapters rolled into 1. I will not be updating this right now. Maybe later.
1K 86 23
This is my first story, so pls don't judge me, if I can't make a good story. I will try my best. I have a medium time gap of positing the chapters.
284 9 9
***EXPLICIT & MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC CONTENT NOT SUITED FOR EVERYONE. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION*** Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been posting n...