Hidden Dimples

By ChelleAugustine

Celestine Rover has been through some rough patches in life and her mother decided that it was best if they m... More

Authors Note
❀ Chapter 1: New Beginnings
❀ Chapter 2 : Hello!
❀ Chapter 3: You Stubborn Ass!
❀ Chapter 5: We Meet Again
❀ Chapter 6: Its a Start
❀ Chapter 7: Pranking Jackson
❀ Chapter 8: Griffin
❀ Chapter 9: Party Time
❀ Chapter 10: First Smile
Author's Note
❀ Chapter 11: Break Up
❀ Chapter 12: Revenge
❀ Chapter 13: Tell Me
❀ Chapter 14: I'm Going Where?!
❀ Chapter 15: Christian Silver
❀ Chapter 16: Getting Caught
❀ Chapter 17: Look Who's Here
❀ Chapter 18: Who are you?
❀ Chapter 19: Have It Your Way
❀ Chapter 20: Trust - pt. 1
❀ Chapter 20: Trust - pt. 2
❀ Chapter 21: Work
❀ Chapter 22: Puppy Shelter
Author's Note
❀ Chapter 23: Time Left
❀ Chapter 24: Boarding The Plane
❀ Chapter 25: Caribbean Cruise
❀ Chapter 26: Surprises
❀ Chapter 27: It's not April Fools
❀ Chapter 28: The Smell of Ashes
❀ Chapter 29: Birthday Wish
❀ Chapter 30: I Miss You
❀ Chapter 31: Snowflake
❀ Chapter 32: I've Got Issues, You've Got'em Too
Questions? [Author's Note]
❀ Chapter 33: Photograph
❀ Chapter 34: fin
Epilogue - Part 1

❀ Chapter 4: Acquaintances

12.9K 478 214
By ChelleAugustine

❣ Celestine's POV ❣

"Emotions. The dictionary defines itself as an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness. So what makes you happy or sad?" Mrs. Joanna starts and pauses.

"I would like for you guys to pair up and talk about it. Observe what the other person's facial expressions is like when they talk about it. You'd have a few days before you write a report. In the meantime, try reliving the happy moments and observe them. You may start quietly." She said and sat down.

Everyone started to pair up as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to face Jessyn. "Partner?" She mouthed as Jackson pouted. I giggled silently.

My gaze however, trailed to Storm. He was just sitting there staring out the window void of any emotions. I kinda felt bad for storming out on him a week ago. I looked back at Jessyn and Jackson.

"You guys go ahead, I owe someone an apology." I smiled and approached Storm. He finally teared his gaze from the window and looked at me.

"I.. Uh. I'm sorry for storming out on you last week." I blurted. Pun not intended. He nodded and stared out the window again.

I turned a chair and sat across him, "Wanna talk about your emotions?" I asked him nervously as he raised an eyebrow.

He sighed, "Why can't you leave me alone like everyone does? I don't want anything to do with you."

I know that I don't like him in that way, but his words pierced my heart. I was just trying to help, maybe make up to what I did to him that made him hate me.

"Look, I've been nothing but nice to you, at least acknowledge it." I seethed through gritted teeth. "I know I've been pranking you and making you mad but I'm trying to make it up!"

"Maybe it's best that I actually stay away." I added before I got up, ready to leave.

As I turned around to grab my bag, he called over.

"Wait!"

I turned to face him.

"I'll give it a go." He said, I smiled and happily plopped back down.

"So what makes you happy?"

"Nothing. I don't smile."

Don't smile? What the hell is that supposed to mean? I mean, I came from a rough patch and I smile even if it's once in a while.

I turned my head to the side and raised an eyebrow looking at him. "Come again?"

"As I said, I don't smile." He repeated as the bell rang. I couldn't help but feel bad for him. I know what it's like. I smiled softly at him.

"Don't worry I'll help you find your happiness." I smiled and slung my bag over my shoulders and turned to leave.

"Celestine?"

I turned around.

"Thanks. For uh, everything." He said. I searched his face for any dishonesty but it was sincere. He still didn't smile though. I nodded, "Your welcome." I smiled again before I left.

•••

After lunch with Jessyn and Jackson, I had free period. I quickly went to my locker to grab my sketchbook as a note glided down until it hit the floor. Quickly I picked it up and read it.

Celestine,

I'm sorry I was all grouchy at you even if you're trying to help me. A week ago, you tended to my wounds and I didn't even get the chance to say thanks before snapping at you. I feel bad, as you've said, and I hope you don't mind, but you told me we could talk about my emotions. I don't really know how to put it in audible words but I hope writing would help. I'm sorry for being a jerk all those times and thanks for helping. I hope we could be acquaintances.

~ Storm

Aww. He does have a heart.

I was smiling to myself while holding the note before I felt another tap on my shoulder as I spun around and hid the note in my pocket.

"Hey, Celestine, right?" He asked. He has blonde curly hair and blue eyes, his skin was tan and his whole aura screamed surfer boy.

I nodded quietly before he spoke. "Cool, I was thinking we could get to know each other, you're a pretty cool girl I've heard. The one who pranked Storm Winter?"

I blushed and let my jaw drop. He knows?!

"Wait, how did you know?" I raised an eyebrow as he chuckled.

"I was kinda around the corner when he yelled and you darted in and there was a small rumor. But I thought it took a girl with lots of guts to do it." He smiled.

"North Jeager." He held out his hand for me to shake as I decided to be sneaky and hid a buzzer in my palm before grabbing his hand.

"Celestine Rover. It's nice to met you." I giggled as he twitched and pulled his hand back and grabbing mine to inspect it, looking at the buzzer.

"Oh you're a prankster alright." He laughed, I smiled.

"So I was thinking, skate park? You can bring your friends." He asked.

"How many?"

"The more the merrier." He smiled and I thanked him before parting ways.

Maybe he would be happy there?

•••

Chemistry.

Joy.

No, not really.

"... This semester you'll be working in pairs. I'll allow you to pick your partner, but if so, please be quiet about it." Mr. Baker finished.

Again? Seriously?

I looked over at North and smiled, signaling to ask if we could be partners until Mr. Baker opened his mouth.

"Ms. Rover, could you please pair up with Storm? He's good in chemistry and he'll be able to teach you since you're new. Plus, it doesn't look like both of you have partners." Damn that teacher.

I quickly stood up and tried to answer, "Uh.. I.. Uhh.. -"

"I'm cool with it." I snapped my head to Storm who was just siting on his chair casually with his trademark frown etched on his face. His hands, shoved in his pocket as he looked out the window.

I sighed and flashed North an apology smile before grabbing my books and stationaries and plopped down next to Storm. I smiled at him but he just looked at me and snapped his attention back to Mr. Baker.

Maybe this isn't to bad after all.

•••

"It's not supposed to be like that!" He boomed and narrowed his eyes at me.

Oh give me a break.

"I don't know what the hell is a Benedict Solution!" I defended in frustration.

He groaned and yanked the tube from me and did the whole thing on his own. I tried reaching for a beaker but he'd just slap my hand off and I'll fall back to the chair pouting.

"Good job, Storm. Ms. Rover, please observe on how he's using the solution." Says Mr. Baker.

He was pouring the liquid so slow and well, me being the impatient person I am, slapped his elbow as the whole tube of solution poured into the beaker and overflowed, causing the Bunsen burner to flicker and shut off. Smoke came from the burner as Mr. Baker told everyone to evacuate the classroom and when everyone was outside, they were wheezing and coughing, shooting me death glares.

Storm turned to me with narrowed eyes. I can see the anger in them as he approached me.

"I told you to stand down!" He said loudly as I smiled sheepishly.

"You were pouring it so slow that a mouse could pee faster then what's dripping out of the test tube. I just had to do it." I defended as he threw his arms up in frustration.

"Celestine this goes into our Finals' marks. I can't fail finals. Maybe this is why I chose to stay away from you." He said blankly as he leaned against the walls.

I sighed, "Fine I get it, I only cause more trouble in your life. I'll stay out of it." I stated calmly as I grabbed my bag and left.

•••

New Cover by drxwspotatoes .

She's awesome. Love ya Jas ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 1 16
Meet Ariel Blakely, a nice girl with a guarded heart and an easy-going personality. Here's Aiden Daniels, a bad boy who, for some reason, hates the w...
399K 9.6K 33
(Book One of 'An Idiot' series) Meet Haley Valdez. The Good Girl. She's a straight A honours student with a striking personality who knows how to bal...
76.6K 3.4K 29
Kaden stepped closer and I found myself taking a step back. He noticed. "Suddenly nervous? Alyssa Crane is nervous?" "Uh, no. You- I- argh! Just take...
1.7M 34.1K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...