Your Love Is My Drug [Student...

By PerfectlyUnperfect

Lola's always dreamed of becoming a professional dancer. And lucky for her, the school she goes to offered a... More

Your Love Is My Drug - Prologue
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 1
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 2
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 3
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 4
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 5
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 6
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 7
Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 8
Your Love is My Drug - Chapter 10

Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 9

199 2 2
By PerfectlyUnperfect

Chapter 9

“So dance students,” Mr. Grey started, as we all settled down on the benches around the gym hall. “We’ll be continuing from last lesson, and I really want you to put some progress into your dance steps. If you have any questions, don’t hesitating to ask.” We all called a ‘yes’, before hurrying to our corners in the gym hall with our groups.

“Seen Alyssa today yet?” Alex asked, as we made our way to the far end of the gym hall. I shook my head and smiled.

“Thankfully, no,” I replied, tying my hair up into a high pony tail. “She drives me insane; she really thinks she’s good.” Alex laughed, and put an arm around my shoulders.

“I honestly agree with that,” he said laughing. Jack soon came to join us, and we quickly positioned ourselves in two lines. Dancing without Alyssa was a breeze. Alex and Jack were great dancers, and it somehow made me feel insecure about my dancing. But it was always comforting when the boys told me I was doing well.

After about an hour, we’d mastered the first couple moves and it felt amazing. Mr. Grey came over every now and then to check how we were doing, and was very impressed.

“I’m glad you guys are doing so well. But don’t think it’s all over yet; you still have a lot to do.” We nodded, and continued dancing. Mr. Grey paused for a moment, and then turned back to us. “Where’s Alyssa?” We all shrugged and continued dancing.

“Haven’t seen her all day, thankfully,” I replied, looking at my feet so that I kept in time with the music we were dancing to. “It’s been so much easier dancing without her. She makes it so difficult to concentrate.” Mr. Grey laughed.

“You do realize you still have to dance with her. Even if she’s difficult to cooperate with, she’s still going to be your dance partner.” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Couldn’t you change her to another group?” Mr. Grey shook his head.

“It’s too late for that; anyway, there’s no need to worry. Things will turn out better later.” I curled my lips.

“I hope you’re right.” Jack and Alex nodded in agreement.

“She’s really a pain Sir,” Jack explained. “She’s always bossing Lola around, haven’t you seen?” Mr. Grey shook his head.

“If Lola has any more problems when she comes, she can tell me.” And with that, he walked off.

“So much for his help,” I muttered, turning the music up a bit louder. “This is gonna be a disaster.” Jack and Alex shook their heads.

“Don’t worry, you’ve got us to back you up anytime,” Alex reassured me. I smiled.

“Thanks guys.”

It was at the last few minutes of the lesson that Alyssa came to the class. She rushed to Mr. Grey, and obviously spilled out some sort of sob story, because all he did was nod and smile. I rolled my eyes. She clearly didn’t need much persuasion; everyone easily gave in to her.

“Okay guys, class is over!” Mr. Grey announced, and with that everyone packed their things and ran to the changing rooms. I quickly unplugged my iPod from the radio speakers, and rolled my earplugs around my iPod. As I made my way to the changing rooms, I heard Mr. Grey call my name.

“Lola, you think you can come here a moment?” He asked, Alyssa standing next to him. I nodded, and made my way over to them.

“Something wrong?” Mr. Grey shook his head and smiled.

“Do you have anywhere to go today?” I thought for a moment.

“I don’t think so,” I answered, scratching my head. “But I do have work later today, but that’s in two hours.” Mr. Grey nodded.

“Well, as you have some time left before work, I would like you to teach Alyssa the moves you, Alex and Jack have created today.” I cursed under my breath before nodding slowly. “I’ll help you both so you can do it properly. Bring the speakers so you can dance to the music.” I nodded again, and quickly ran to where the speakers.

“We learned quite a few steps,” I said, as I made my way back to them. “It might take a while to get you to master them.” I looked over at Alyssa who was looking at me with a snobby expression.

“I think it’d be a good idea if you danced what you’ve produced today, so that Alyssa can see how to do it,” Mr. Grey suggested. I pouted and sighed.

“Yeah, that’d be a great idea,” Alyssa said, a horrid look in her eye. “Let’s see you dance.” She then turned around and walked over to a bench. I shot Mr. Grey a pleading eye, but he chuckled and shook his head.

“You’ll be fine, don’t worry,” he whispered to me, and squeezed my hand in a supporting way. Somehow it seemed to calm me down completely. I bent down, and plugged my iPod back into the speakers and selected the song.

“Ready?” I asked, smiling. Mr. Grey nodded, and Alyssa laughed.

“Get on with it then,” she muttered, and checked out her nails. I pressed the play button, and quickly positioned myself before the music started.

Dancing in front of Alyssa wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. I knew perfectly well that Mr. Grey’s presence was giving me the biggest boost of confidence I’ve had in a long time. My body swayed perfectly in time to the music and in minutes the song was over. Mr. Grey clapped his hands in admiration and Alyssa just stared in disbelief.

“That was terrific Lola!” He called, walking over to me. Alyssa quickly followed him, obviously jealous at the attention I was suddenly getting from him. “Keep it up like this and you’ll easily get to win a place in the Dance Academy.” I smiled broadly, feeling very pleased with myself. Alyssa was looking madder than ever, and all I could do was laugh.

After teaching Alyssa the dance moves, it was time for me to go to work. Alyssa stomped off, fully annoyed with Mr. Grey’s behavior towards me. When she was gone, Mr. Grey turned to me and chuckled.

“She seemed a bit upset,” he said in a low voice. I nodded and laughed.

“She’s usually like that when she doesn’t get what she wants…” I looked away from him, realizing what I said could trigger then wrong idea towards him. Mr. Grey just smiled and stepped closer to me. I looked back up at his beautiful face, my heart pounding in my rib cage. I could feel his breath on my forehead as I tried to keep calm.

“Well, she’s not going to,” he whispered in a low husky voice, making me want to scream out loud. Everything about him just amazed me. His voice, his personality, his looks. Everything.

“What do you mean by that,” I whispered back, looking into his eyes. He smiled and put his arms around my waist.

“I’ve noticed your reactions when you’re around me. And all those things you’ve been saying against Alyssa; you seem to sound jealous in a way.” I frowned at him and shook my head.

“I’m not jealous,” I lied, looking away from him. Mr. Grey wasn’t convinced, and pulled me closer to him.

“You are,” he whispered, laughing. I glared at him which made him laugh even more.

“You’re so mean Mr. Grey,” I said, a pout on my face. He shook his head.

“And you can call me Tristan,” he said, smiling. I was about to speak, but no words came out of my mouth. He pressed his nose against mine, before gently pressing his lips against mine. For a moment, I didn’t realize what was happening, but when I did, I pulled away quickly.

“I’m sorry.. I-I can’t do this,” I said quickly, moving away from him and picking up my iPod.

“Lola… Lola don’t go,” Mr. Grey pleaded, walking after me. I shook my head and raced to the changing rooms. As soon I was inside, I slammed the door closed. I leaned against it, and sighed as I shook my head at my stupidity. How could I have been so dumb to let him do that? He was my dance teacher, and having feelings for him was no way near right.

I quickly changed out of my dance clothes and into my normal ones. I kept my hair tied up, and made my way out of the changing rooms. I looked at my phone, and noticed I only had 30 minutes to get to work. I grabbed all the things I needed, and rushed to my car. Just before leaving the school, I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Mr. Grey walking up to me.

“Please Lola, don’t leave. I just want to-” I shook my head, making it obvious I didn’t want to speak to him and headed to my car. I couldn’t have a relationship with him; it would only cause trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 10 11
After a disasterous divorce betwen her parents, Hannah has been going to new schools left and right, and has her heart set on hating her parents and...
1.3K 40 18
Alyssa is a 19 year old college student and has a clear planned out future. But as she begins to attend NYU, her life is no longer perfectly schedul...
Two Faced By UnknownArtist0

Mystery / Thriller

336 23 14
Tristan is aiming to graduate college with a degree in cosmetology, it is her life long dream after all; however, along the way she meets Rick, who...
1.6K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...