The Middle Child

By electric_forest

Having an older brother Dylan (who's annoying), older sister Clarissa (who's a drama queen), younger brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue (Chapter 31)

Chapter 27

1.8K 46 33
By electric_forest

{Picture: What Prom basically looked like}

{Song in video: Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love}

Today was officially prom. I already had Alexis' black spaghetti strapped dress on but Clarissa was currently doing my hair, making it an updo. I had black eyeliner, black mascara, and pink lipstick on. I also had on red high heels. The last time I remember I wore a dress was at my 8th grade graduation, which was about 3 years ago.

"Ow," I cried out in pain as Clarissa was pulling my hair.

"Don't complain," Clarissa said. "You're going to look gorgeous." She was already ready to go. She had on a long pink ruffled dress with a white coat over it. She curled her hair and let it down.

A few minutes later, she stopped tugging at my hair. "Done," she said.

I looked in the mirror and gasped. "Wow...that does look gorgeous. Thank you Clarissa!" I said.

"You're welcome." The doorbell rang.

"Clarissa, it's for you!" my mom called from downstairs.

"Well it looks like my ride is here," Clarissa said. "You look beautiful by the way."

"Thanks."

We went downstairs. "Oh good you're here too, Ky," my mom said. "I'm going to take a picture of you all."

"You look stunning Clarissa," Jason said to her.

"You look handsome yourself Jason," Clarissa said, grinning at him.

My mom took a few pictures of them and then made me get in some other ones. "I think we have plenty of pictures mom," Clarissa said.

"You two gals look beautiful," my dad said as he walked in the living room.

"Well we have to go. Jason and some of the guys are renting a limousine. It's right outside the house," Clarissa said.

"Okay hon, have fun!" my mom exclaimed as Clarissa and Jason walked out the door.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang again. "That must be Seth," I said and opened up the door.

Seth's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. "Kyler? Wow...you look amazing and beautiful," he said.

I blushed. "Thanks..."

"You really do look great," Amy said.

Dylan came downstairs when he heard Amy. "Looking hot, Amy," he said.

"More pictures!" my mom exclaimed, getting the camera back out. She snapped more pictures and then me and Seth left.

We went outside and into the limo. Seth, Dylan, Cayden, and Luke all pitched in and rented the limo. "Hey!" everyone exclaimed as we got in the limo.

"This is freakin' awesome," I said, looking around the limo.

"I know right?" Alexis said. "This is my first time."

"Mine too." I noticed Melody and Luke sitting together. "Are you two...?"

"Yes we're going to prom together," Melody grinned, holding Luke's hand. He blushed. "Since Clarissa and them have their own limo, me and Luke decided to ride back with them so we each get to hang out with our friends."

Cayden looked at me and his eyes widened. "Wow Ky, this must be the first time I've seen you in a dress," he said.

"Yup," I said. "And I probably won't be wearing a dress again until my wedding day."

"You hear that Seth? You won't ever be seeing her in a dress again until the wedding!" Dylan exclaimed and nudged him. Me and Seth blushed.

"We need to take some pictures so we can remember this moment!" Alexis exclaimed. We all took different pictures of ourselves, some cute, some romantic, and some normal.

The limo stopped and arrived at a building that was rented for prom to be held. We got out of the limo and went inside the building. "Wow...this is amazing," Alexis said, looking awestruck. It was a Fire & Ice theme.

"This is freakin' awesome," I said.

"You say freakin' all the freakin' time," Amy said and we laughed.

There were a lot of people in here already. A few were dancing, some eating and drinking, and some standing by the wall.

We went over to the photography booth to have pictures taken of all of us, including Clarissa, Melody, Addison, Yasmin, and their dates. Then we took separate pictures of ourselves with our dates.

"So what do you want to do first?" Seth asked me after we were done with the pictures.

"Let's get some food," I said. We went over to the snack table and ate some crackers and chips. Dylan and Amy went to the dance floor, Cayden and Alexis were sitting at a table, and Luke and Melody went over to Clarissa, Yasmin, and their dates.

Before too long, they started playing better music and more people went to the dance floor. "Want to dance?" Seth asked.

"Sure!" I said, taking his hand as we walked over to the dance floor. "Stereo Love" by Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina started playing.

"Heck yeah I love this song," I heard Amy exclaim next to us as we danced.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I noticed Cornelius and a girl, who I assumed was his date, dancing dorkily to the song.

"What is it?" Seth asked, laughing because I'm laughing.

"You should see Cornelius," I said, subtly pointing him out. As soon as he saw him, he laughed even harder.

"I guess he's having a good time."

"Yeah I guess so."

We kept swaying back and forth to different songs until it changed to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. We got closer together and started slow dancing. "This has been a hell of a year," Seth said softly to me, looking down.

"It sure has, hasn't it?" I said, looking up at him.

"But in a good way. I'm so glad that we're together. If it wasn't for Dylan and him setting up the camera in your room, then I don't know where we would be today."

"Yeah I know...I hate to say it but I'm actually kind of thankful that he did that, as embarrassing as that was."

"I've always liked you...ever since we first met when we were kids."

My eyes widened. "Really? You've liked me that long?"

He nodded his head and grinned.

"I would have never guessed that." I paused for a moment. "I've actually liked you since then too."

Now it was his turn to be surprised. "Really? I had no idea."

"Wow we're really clueless aren't we?" We chuckled.

"I guess we are." We leaned in closer and kissed. "You really are cute, you know that?"

I felt my face flush. "And you really are handsome, you know that?"

"Gross," Dylan said while pretending to cough.

I rolled my eyes. "Stop eavesdropping and get back to your girlfriend!" I said.

"Dylan's girlfriend also thinks it's gross," Amy said. I smacked her arm and she laughed.

"What's grosser is if you and Dylan said that to each other." Dylan and Amy grinned and rubbed their noses together. "Now THAT is just downright disturbing." I shivered and turned away. I never understood couples who did that weird nose thing.

Seth laughed.

"What?" I said.

"Your face expression..."

I chuckled. "What? I can't help it. It's just weird..." As the song changed to "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang, I looked around and noticed Cayden and Alexis dancing happily, Dylan and Amy dancing while doing that weird nose Eskimo kissing thing, Clarissa and Jason dancing and laughing, Melody trying to make Luke dance, Addison and some guy dancing, and Yasmin and a guy by the fruit punch.

After dancing and having fun for a little over an hour, the principal, Mr. Yukon, went on the stage. "We will now be announcing Junior Prom King and Queen," he said into the microphone. He waited until everyone went quiet and looked over at him. "And the Junior Prom King is...Cornelius Bernard!"

Everyone looked confused at first but they mainly cheered and clapped for him, except a few jerky guys in the back who were booing him and yelling out "nerd!" and other insults. Cornelius either didn't care or didn't hear them because he went up on stage and looked very happy while putting the crown on his head. That's the happiest I've ever seen him actually.

"I can't believe he won," Amy whispered to me and Alexis.

"I hate to say it but me too," Alexis whispered back. "I'm glad he did though."

"And the Junior Prom Queen is...Melody Price!" Mr. Yukon exclaimed.

"Go Melody!" Addison exclaimed as Melody walked onto the stage. She had the crown on her head and grinned.

"The Junior Prom King and Queen will now have their dance."

Cornelius and Melody danced to a slow song. I recorded it with my phone because they were two awesome people who deserved being Junior Prom King and Queen. After they were done, Mr. Yukon continued, "And now we're going to announce Senior Prom King and Queen." He waited until everyone in the crowd settled down. "The Senior Prom King is...Jason Grimaldi!" Everyone cheered and applauded him as he went up to get his crown. "And the Senior Prom Queen is...Clarissa Kennedy!" Everyone cheered and applauded again, including me.

"Woo! Go Clarissa!" I exclaimed.

She went up on stage and beamed as she put the crown on her head. She took the mic and said, "Thank you all so much for nominating me as Senior Prom Queen and my amazing boyfriend Jason Grimaldi as Senior Prom King. I worked very hard to be Prom Queen; it's been my dream since I was a little girl. I can't believe it came true! I would like to give a shout out to my best friends Yasmin Mitchell and Addison Rockwell, my great cousin Melody Price, my dorky yet lovable brother Dylan Kennedy, and my awesome sister Kyler Kennedy. They helped me to become a better person than I was when I first started high school. I love you guys!" She blew kisses at the crowd and grinned as they cheered and applauded her speech.

"You two may now dance," Mr. Yukon said. Jason and Clarissa slow-danced and they looked perfect doing it too. They were pretty good dancers.

We stayed a little while longer until everyone started to leave. We went back to the limo to ride back home. "Tonight was amazing," I said to Seth as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah it was," Seth said, kissing my forehead.

I looked around and saw Cayden and Alexis holding hands and kissing, and Dylan and Amy happily chatting. "We also have some great friends, including my brother."

"Aw you two are finally getting along." He chuckled.

"Hey not all the time. Don't speak too soon." I laughed.

Cayden was dropped off first, then Alexis, Amy, and Seth. "I'll see you later," I said to Seth and kissed him.

Me and Dylan were the last to arrive home. "How was prom?" my mom asked us.

"It was great!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe I wore this dress for 3 hours."

"It was pretty good," Dylan said.

"Glad you guys had fun! Well I'm sure you two are tired so we'll talk more about prom tomorrow," my mom said.

"'Night," Dylan said to her as he walked in the kitchen to eat some chips.

"Goodnight," I said to her and then walked upstairs to my room.

I couldn't believe I went to prom and actually enjoyed it. I never planned on going to prom when I first started high school but I'm glad I did. I had an amazing time with amazing friends, siblings, and boyfriend.

**********

{What the characters wore to prom}

{Kyler Kennedy}

{Alexis Shay}

{Amy Weiss}

{Clarissa Kennedy}

{Addison Rockwell}

{Yasmin Mitchell}

{Dylan Kennedy}

{Seth Walker}

{Cayden Miles}

{Luke Harper}

{Jason Grimaldi}

{Cornelius Bernard}

**********

A/N: So everyone went to prom and basically had a great time! :D

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.4K 38
Summer Tuckerman is the only and youngest girl in her family with seven older brothers. After their parents abandoned them four years ago, Summer's o...
8.8K 236 23
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
89.3K 1.8K 56
Alice, a 17 year old girl, is the youngest daughter in the Millers family; along side her twin brother Nolan. Growing up Aly's mom Fiona had a beauti...
19.7K 794 19
Ava is a chubby, lovely and bold girl who lives with her bestfriends. She lost her mom when she was small and she lived with her bestfriends ever sin...