[DISCONTINUED] Want You Back...

By ramxnahood

rewriting... More

NOTE
publish or not?
Chapter 1: Accompany Me?
Chapter 3: The New Huntlynn
Chapter 4: Spilling Tea

Chapter 2: Briar's Party

165 11 4
By ramxnahood

R A V E N

"You want me to ask Dexter if he can accompany me to Briar's party this Friday? What the hex, Daring?" I said as my eyebrows furrowed. Daring's got the beauty but he doesn't have the brains.

"It's simple, Raven. Just ask! It won't hurt. After all, you've been crushing on him since forever, amma right?" Daring said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"That's absurd! You know I only see him as a friend, Daring!" I yelled at his face. "Chill Raven. And besides, even if you deny it, we all know you've got an eye for my brother." Daring said before leaving me. Ugh, what the hex was that son of a witch thinking? 

I stared at Dexter's face as he waved goodbye to Darling. Well, I admit he's pretty cute though. I looked around to see if Daring's still visible, but unfortunately, he's not. I turned around to see Dexter a meter away from me, staring. I smiled and walked behind him. 

"Earth to Dexter?" I smiled and laughed when he turned his face. His eyes met mine and for a second, I actually find him hot. Okay Raven, what the hex?!

"Hi, Dex!" I said, trying to start the conversation. He replied with an awkward hi as he fixed his glasses. "Anyways, something important came up. I don't think you'll find this interesting but can you accompany me to Briar's party this Friday? It's definitely fine if you don't want to. I mean, hello? I'm Raven Queen right?" I said, sounding desperate. 

 "Well, I would love to be your partner, Raven!" Dexter screamed, making me cover my ears in fright. Dorky Dexter is at it again. 

"Yay! Thanks a lot, Dexter! I'll be waiting for you in my dorm room!" I said before leaving him starstruck. Am I really that evil for people to be intimidated by me? Ugh, I'm such a failure. I wish... If only I'm not my mother's own daughter. 

C U P I D

I sat down at the nearest table and started checking my emails. Loads of Royals and Rebels were chatting me and asking for pieces of advice. Tss, the disadvantages of being a matchmaker. 

Just then, a familiar face appeared in front of me. "Dexter! I'm so glad you're here!"

He hesitated for a while before spitting out the words, "Cupid...HOW EXACTLY CAN I IMPRESS A GIRL?!" 

Oh my fairy godmother, is he confessing his true feelings for me? 

"Ooh...Who's the really lucky girl Dexter?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows. I'm getting so hexcited, did he finally realize that I'm the girl for him?

"Well, she's... Raven Queen."

"WHAT THE HEX?!"

D E X T E R

I slightly covered my ears as Cupid shouted in my face. What the hex is wrong with her? 

"Uhm... What's wrong with that?" I asked, fixing my glasses. "Look, I know Raven Queen is dangerous and all, but you know me Cupid. I liked her ever since I laid my eyes on her. Can you at least pretend that you're happy for me?"

Cupid frowned at me, but smiled afterwards. Tss, this two faced witch.

"Fine, Dex. But don't act as if I didn't warn you." I rolled my eyes at her as she started typing stuff on her laptop.

"So? Answer my question!" I told her. I know I'm being harsh on Cupid, but hey, we're bestfriends. She's probably the only person who doesn't see me as  a dork and sees me as just a normal human being. I can be mad too, you know.

"Well, you could give her flowers. Or hext her cheesy quotes. Eh, I don't know. I'm a girl, Dexter. And yes, other girls often fall in love easily. But Raven? She rarely falls in love. Me and Raven are childhood friends, and growing up, I have observed that she really doesn't have a thing for guys."

Wait, what the hex?!

"Are you implying that Raven isn't straight?!" Oh my fairy godmother, don't tell me Raven isn't interested in guys.

"No, no!" Cupid laughed, tears streaming down her face as she laughed. Tss, typical Cupid. "She's straight, you hobo! She's just really focused on fighting for the rights of every Rebel to the point that she actually doesn't have time for all those lovey-dovey crap, ya know?"

I shook my head and smiled at the thought of Raven.

"

Well, can you at least just give me some advice as to how I'm supposed to act around her?" I asked Cupid. Hopefully, she answers this one.

"Well, just be you! That's what Raven really likes about a person. She doesn't want someone to act fake, she hates it when people act like a certain thing just because of his or her label. Like her. She doesn't want to act evil and mean just because her label is, "Daughter of the Evil Queen." Ya know? Just be you, Dex!" Cupid said. Finally, Cupid actually helped.

"Thanks a lot, Cupid! You're the best!" I said and gave her a peck on the cheeks. Guess I'll just act like myself. Phew, I have to get ready.

R A V E N

I immediately covered my eyes the moment I entered Briar's party. I could be blind any second now because of these disco lights.

Someone poked me from behind and I turned to see Blondie. "Hey Raven! Welcome to Briar's party! Do you want drinks? Food? Anything?" she asked. I laughed and told her I just wanted to sit down. She immediately escorted me to a table and I thanked her as I sat down.

My eyes looked around and searched for Dexter. Did he ditch me? Well, maybe. I'm sure of that. I mean, who would want to go to a party with me? Tss, I knew I had to lower my expectations.

Just then, I spotted Daring with a bunch of girls sitting near my table. Ew, he's about to kiss some random girl. I looked away before I could even see the horror. I really hate kissing scenes.

Guess I'll just have to wait for Dexter. If he ever comes.

D E X T E R

I stared at myself in the mirror. For once, I looked decent.

I LOOKED DECENT.

I actually look like Daring. You know, hot and all? Not that I'm self-obsessed like him. It's just... hopefully Raven would like me in this outfit.

"Are you ready, Dexter?" Hunter yelled. "Ready!" I said before taking one last glance at myself. I am so ready.

I immediately jumped inside one of Ashlynn's very fancy carriages. I decided to just go with them to Briar's party. I may seem like a third wheeler, but hey, at least I have a fancy transportation. I may be a prince, but I'm not fancy and lavish like my brother. Or parents.

We arrived at Briar's party, and my eyes immediately met Blondie Lockes. She's Briar's assistant for this party. "Hey Blondie, do you know where Raven is?" I asked. She smiled and pointed at Raven, who was looking bored as hell. "Thanks!" I said before walking towards Raven.

"Hey!" I said, taking the seat next to her. Her eyes immediately glowed up. Yes, I finally caught her attention. "Hey Dex! I'm glad you could make it!" Raven said and smiled at me.

Feelings aside, she's actually very beautiful. I'm sure every guy could notice that, even if they don't like her.

"Of course. I don't want to leave you hanging." I replied, and she nodded. I saw her staring at Melody Piper, and I then realized that Taylor Quick's music was blasting in the background.

"Do you want to dance?" She asked, and you know I can't refuse. I smiled and led her to the dance floor. Before we know it, we were already jamming to a remix of Taylor Quick's music.

R A V E N

"Do you want to dance?" I asked, and Dexter smiled. Oh my fairy godmother, why does he look so hot?

Whoah Raven. Slow down. Chill. He's just smiling. No romantic feelings.

He led me to the dance floor, and we started dancing to the beat. Seeing Dexter dancing happily made me smile. He wasn't dancing all goofy and all. He's actually a pretty decent human being. He's way better than his older brother.

"So Raven..." Dexter started. I patiently listened to him and stopped dancing. "Well?" I said, raising my eyebrows. "Uhm... Can you be my girl-- Hey, do you like Taylor Quick?" Dexter asked. Don't tell me he also listens to her.

"Like? I don't like her! I love her! She's one of the best singer ever!" I said and laughed. "Really? Same! I love her too!" Dexter replied and we both laughed. "Guess we have something similar!" I said before pulling him back to our table.

"Wait, don't you want to dance?" He asked. I smiled at him before taking a seat. "It's pretty tiring." I replied and stared at him. He just nodded. Awkward. The music was still blasting but the atmosphere suddenly became uneasy as hell.

"Uh... Do you want to hang out tomorrow? Like after class? Maddie is opening her tea shop again! She closed it because she was busy, but she's opening it again tomorrow! Do you want to talk over a cup of tea?" I asked just so the atmosphere would be friendly again. Ugh, awkwardness really isn't my thing.

"Sure! Tomorrow it is!" He replied. I smiled at him and started eating the cake that Blondie served us.

D E X T E R

"Sure! Tomorrow it is!"

And that's when I find myself sitting on Maddie's tea shop, staring at Raven as she sipped on her drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 60.5K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
190K 19K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
617K 18.6K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
240K 11.1K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...