The Middle Child

By electric_forest

Having an older brother Dylan (who's annoying), older sister Clarissa (who's a drama queen), younger brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue (Chapter 31)

Chapter 25

1.9K 44 8
By electric_forest

{Song in video: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit}

"So what do you guys want to do?" I asked Amy and Alexis as we sat on my bed. "We've already played a ton of video games..."

Amy sighed. "I don't know," she said. "I'm just tired of staring at a screen all day; it's giving me a headache."

Alexis' face lit up. "I know what we can do!" she exclaimed giddily. "We can bake something, like a cake!"

"That sounds good," I said while nodding. "I'm always up for food."

"Sounds good to me," Amy said, nodding her head in agreement. We went downstairs into the kitchen and I pulled out a few recipes from my mom's cookbook.

"This looks good," Alexis said, pointing at a red velvet cake.

"Yeah it does. I'll check to see if we have any of the ingredients," I said as I walked over to the pantry. I looked around and noticed we only had white cake mix and vanilla frosting. "Um...we don't have the box or ingredients for the red velvet cake but we can make a vanilla cake."

"Oh okay, that sounds good," Amy said.

"There's ingredients on the back of this box," I said while preheating the oven. "Let's crank some tunes while doing this." I plugged in my iPod to the stereo and played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. Afterwards, we brought out the ingredients and decided who would do what. Amy cracked the eggs and put it in the bowl, Alexis put the cake flour in the bowl, and I put the rest of the ingredients in there. We each took turns mixing the cake.

"Has Seth and Dylan asked you two to prom yet?" Alexis asked.

"Nope," Amy said, trying not to look disappointed.

I shook my head. "Nuh-uh," I said. "Has Cayden asked you?"

"No," Alexis said, sighing. "I wonder if they'll go to prom at all. It's coming up soon."

I shrugged. "Maybe they will, who knows."

"I just really want to go to prom." She had a pouty look on her face.

"You will," Amy said, flicking a little bit of the cake batter on her.

Alexis gasped. "Hey!" She tried flicking some cake batter on her but it landed on me instead.

"You're bad at aiming!" I exclaimed, laughing as I flicked some back to Alexis.

"Let's not get carried away. We need to bake this cake, not throw it." She had a serious look on her face. After a few seconds of silence, we burst out laughing. As we settled down, we saw Dylan, Seth, and Cayden walking toward us, each wearing a tux. We literally stopped everything that we were doing and gasped.

They faced in front of us and got down on one knee. "Will you go to prom with us?" they asked us at the same time.

"Yes!" we exclaimed, hugging our boyfriends.

"It's about time!" Amy exclaimed. She turned to Cayden. "Alexis was practically dying each day to get asked."

Alexis shot her a look and nudged her jokingly. "Don't tell him that!" she hissed, trying not to laugh.

"That was actually really cool," I said to Seth. "Did you all know we were here?"

"Yeah...we kind of snuck in your house, with Dylan's help of course, and changed into tuxes," Seth said, grinning.

"We had no clue you all were here," Alexis said. "Did you all plan this?"

"Yup, for a few weeks," Dylan said, casually putting his arm around Amy. "It was Seth's idea though."

I grinned at Seth. "You planned this? That's freakin' awesome!" I gave him another hug. I turned to Dylan and Cayden. "I knew these dorks wouldn't be planning that themselves."

"Hey it sort of counts since all three of us did it," Cayden said, jokingly squinting his eyes at me. We laughed.

Dylan sniffed the air. "Are you all baking a cake?" he asked.

"Yup," Amy said, grinning. "It's vanilla."

"Sweet."

My parents walked through the front door. "Mmm smells like someone's baking something," my mom said. When she got to the kitchen, her mouth dropped at the sight of Dylan, Seth, and Cayden wearing a tux. "My oh my, what's going on here?"

"They asked us to prom!" Alexis exclaimed giddily.

"Aw and I missed it? That must have been wonderful."

"Yeah it was," I said, grinning.

"So whose idea was it?" my dad piped up.

"Guess."

"Hmmm...was it Seth?"

"Yes!"

"How did you know it was him?" Dylan groaned.

"Son, it's because I know you and your friends. Of course Seth would be the one to come up with this." My dad said and we laughed.

"Thank you...sir," Seth said, smiling.

"You don't have to call me sir. Just because you're dating one of my daughters doesn't mean you have to call me that. I knew you for years." He chuckled.

"Well we're going to let you all get back to what you were doing," my mom said. They smiled and then walked upstairs.

A few minutes later, Clarissa walked in with an envelope in her hand. Her eyes were wide and she looked nervous.

"Is that the Fashion Institute of Technology?" I asked her.

She nodded and gulped. She applied for different colleges and universities to pursue becoming a fashion designer.

All of us stared at her. I could tell she was trying to keep her cool. She took a deep breath and then slowly opened the envelope. While she was reading it, she kept a straight face. I couldn't tell if she was happy or disappointed.

"Did you get in?" I asked.

She grinned and nodded. "Yes! I got in!" she exclaimed, practically jumping for joy.

While she was shrieking, my mom quickly came downstairs. "Honey, what's wrong?" she asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Nothing at all! I got in at FIT!"

My mom's eyes widened and she gasped. "That's great sweetie! I knew you could do it!" she exclaimed, grinning. She gave her a hug.

"Congrats!" I exclaimed and also gave her a hug.

"That's awesome! I'm actually thinking of applying there myself," Alexis said. She also wanted to be a fashion designer.

Clarissa grinned. "You totally should!"

"Where is it anyways?" Amy asked.

"New York!"

"Congrats, Clarissa," Seth said, smiling.

"Yeah congrats. It's cool you got accepted," Dylan said, patting her on the back.

"Let's give her a hug!" Cayden exclaimed and we all hugged her, practically tackling her.

"What's all the commotion about?" my dad asked as he came downstairs.

"Daddy, I got accepted!" Clarissa exclaimed, showing him the paper.

"Congrats!" he said. "I'm so proud of you."

"This calls for a celebration!" my mom exclaimed.

"Well we made cake," I said. "There should be enough for everyone, including Jared and Madeline." Right after I said that, the oven timer beeped. "It's done!"

"I'll go get Madeline and Jared," my mom said, going up the stairs.

"Let's eat some cake!" I exclaimed, cutting everyone a slice of cake.

"Mmm this is good," Clarissa said as she took a bite of it.

"This is excellent," my dad said. "You, Amy, and Alexis should bake more often so we can eat it." We laughed.

Jared, Madeline, and mom came downstairs to the kitchen. Jared and Madeline's faces lit up when they noticed there was cake.

"Yay cake!" Madeline exclaimed, her eyes beaming with joy.

"Awesome!" Jared said.

"Jared and Madeline...Clarissa has to tell you something," my mom said.

They turned to her and she said, "I got accepted to FIT!"

"Awesome sauce!" Jared exclaimed, giving her a thumbs up.

"Huh? What's a FIT?" Madeline asked, turning her head to the side.

"It's a college. Your sister wants to be a fashion designer," my mom said.

She still looked confused. "Oh...okay." She smiled.

We ate the rest of the cake and then talked and laughed for a while. It was one of the rare times when we all came together like this, including our friends.

**********

A/N: So the girls got asked out for prom, Clarissa gets accepted to FIT, and let's not forget the cake. Pretty much everyone had a good day here :D

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Child of a King By Anne Mason

Mystery / Thriller

77.9K 2.4K 43
After a heartbreaking event, a family is forced to split up because of their ancestors' rivalry. The father hides in South America with their sons an...
951 38 22
For Josie to grow she needs Caleb her childhood enemy to help her. Same as Caleb needs Josie to help him before he drowns to deep. ...
45K 918 22
As the twin sister of Stiles, she often finds herself being compared to him - but she is quite different from her brother. Unlike him, she is popular...
1.2M 30.8K 57
He's smirking down at me as he says, "Um, you're in my seat." I laugh and say, "You realize that is the most cliche thing you could possibly say?" ...