The Storm Ignites || Johnny S...

By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Two years have gone by. Reed and Sue are getting married, Ben and Alisha are still happily together. As for... More

Two Years
Airports & Planes
Keeping Busy
Wedding Planning and The General
The Sensor
The Big Day
Silver Surfer?
Changing Molecules?
Away from this Life?
Victor Von Doom
The Bar Talk
A Tachyon Pulse
Board Disconnection
Prisoners
Our Last Hours?
The End is Here
Fifth Times the Charm
BONUS - Along the Way
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
To Have and to Hold
TheWattys2016

The London Eye

4.9K 149 3
By X-Lisa-Anne-X

I'm back again, whoop!

4 Midterms complete and all assignments up to date. I feel so free ... until late next week, urg...

Anyway, enjoy!

Fantastic 5: The Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | The London Eye

Later on that day, the Fantastic Five group and the General were in a helicopter, on their way to the London Eye where the new crater could appear at any moment. Reed looked down at the London Eye they were approaching, "When he surfaces, you've got to move the fight away from the crowd." Talking to every one of his team.

"No, he's too fast to be contained." Johnny argued, glancing over his shoulder to the rest of the team, sitting up front with the pilot. The other four were sitting in the backseat, opposite the General were the seats looked at each other. "When I see silver - I'm hitting him."

"No, Johnny – you can't!" June was the one to speak up this time while completely forgetting that she was supposed to be giving him the silent treatment - her eyes narrowed slightly at his reckless behavior, unknowingly letting the worry project in her voice. Doesn't he remember what happened the last time he went after that Silver Surfer?

Johnny twisted in his seat a little, glancing towards her – he was about to assure her he'd be okay but Reed butted in first, saying something he really didn't like.

"You can't do that." Reed exclaimed, looking serious ... agreeing with his sister, "We've got to stick together with the plan and work as a team."

"Oh, so we're a team now?" Johnny scoffed loudly, "That's news to me."

Reed frowned, and so did June and Sue, "What are you talking about?" He questioned, not understanding the context of his words.

"You know what I'm talking about." The younger man backfired and just then, Reed and Sue knew exactly what had happened – Johnny must have overheard their conversation back in the lounging room of the Baxter Building. About them picking up and leaving at the end of this crisis with the Silver Surfer.

June was still confused, looking between all four of them actually – they all seemed to know what was happening, even Ben ... except her. "What the hell are you lot talking about?" She demanded, not liking that she was the only one who didn't seem to know what subject they were commenting on. Johnny seemed pissed, Ben too – but Reed and Sue were sharing hesitant but ashamed looks.

Ben turned to her, "Your brother and Sue are gonna leave the team once this Surfer thing's dealt with." Then he turned to Johnny, bewildered, "You didn't tell her?" The younger man started opening his mouth but June shook her head to stop him, feeling monumentally upset. So, not only had her brother – yet again, kept something big from her (his own sister) but Johnny had too. But then, she couldn't put the full blame on her boyfriend – she had technically been trying to avoid him any chance she had, they hadn't even been in the same room alone since the last conversation they had – the one that led her to ignoring him.

Reed knew this conversation wasn't the time nor the place to be going on, "Look," He started with an apologetic vibe, "We were going to tell you guys."

"Yeah? When?" Johnny retorted, his eyes narrowing in irritation – remembering how he felt when he first hurt about it, hurt and pissed. "When you moved out of the Baxter Building?"

Sue was the one to try and diffuse the tension this time, after all, this was technically her doing in the first place. "Johnny, this really isn't a good time." She nearly scolded him.

Ben wanted his say, looking over to Reed while June shook her head by her window seat. "The kid's got a point, Reed." He told his best friend with an undeniable amount of hurt in his bright blue eyes, "You should've told us."

"All right, all right!" Reed yelled, having enough of this – this wasn't the time nor place to be fighting, this was the time they needed to work as a team and save all these people from the Silver Surfer. "We'll talk about this later."

The General's head was bouncing between the five of them, getting annoyed but also pissed that they didn't seem to take what was happening a little more seriously. The five were fighting just before their job – that was not a team, it was a catastrophe waiting to happen. "What the hell is wrong with you people?!" He exclaimed with a snap – knowing that his ass was on the line if this group of superheroes screw up.

The group fell silent, all going back to their thoughts as the helicopters began to touch down on the ground, right near the London Eye.

...

The helicopter landed briskly to the side of the London Eye, just as a humungous whirlpool began forming in the middle of the River Thames. The hole in the water started getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger and then the water started cascading in on itself – the water falling downwards, like a sink draining its water.

At the edge of the Thames, by the brick barriers stopping people from falling into the water – residents and tourists were gazing upon the sight, amazed and not at all frightened – which they should be. They were finding the sight fascinating – thinking it was just an secret attraction someone was pulling to get views. But it wasn't, it was far from what they were thinking.

Even in the people in the London Eye itself, they were looking down with the same reaction - but some were starting to worry – especially as the rounded sink grew larger in size. They knew that being stuck up very high from the ground wasn't a good thing if something bad were to happen. An unnoticeable tingle of fear wretched in their guts.

Suddenly, it was like a massive ripple had struck the edge of the whirlpool – and a high wave of water from each side flew away from the circle, now creating the panicked senses to appear from the residents of London. A soon as the water struck the side of the stone barriers, large cracks formed on both it and the ground – the path beneath their feet shook hard, making several people loose their footing.

The London Eye, however, was facing an even terrible reaction from the wave – it creaked and wobbled, several of the vines that keep the wheel in place began to snap. Inside the small rooms attached to the edge of the wheel, people screamed in terror when the wheel shook badly – hearing the horrible noises coming from the snapping strings that kept them safe.

The tourists and Londoners on the ground began screaming too, but they ran away from the sight in fear of their safety. This was when the helicopters holding American Soldiers and the Fantastic Five came in.

Forgetting about their previous squabble in the helicopter, the Fantastic Five got to work by running to the Eye – seeing it start to slightly topple over. Reed turned to his team as they paused in their steps, looking over at Ben first, "Ben, you make sure that wheel stays off the ground – use your strength." He looked over to Sue, "Sue, you need to help get people out of those rooms – use any way you can think," Next his sister, "June, keep that wheel from falling any more, and I'll bring it back to it's post, and then Johnny-" Finally looking to the younger man, "-when we've got it back in it's place, you need to weld it back to it's station. Got it?!" Everyone gave a look of acknowledgment – heading to their stations immediately – not wasting anymore time.

Suddenly, the part of the wheel that kept it off the ground snapped completely with a loud rumble and the last wires keeping it standing - broke. Inside the rooms, people began falling off their feet – their bodies falling towards the Thames with only a thin piece of glass stopping them from falling right out.

But just then, their falling stopped going any further, and looking down towards the ground, they noticed someone familiar from the American news – June Richards. June used her powers, gathering a thick amount of water from the Thames before gliding it up towards the Eye – forming a barrier that looked somewhat like a cushion for the wheel. She grunted, focusing hard, the wheel was very heavy but she didn't let that stop her – she pushed through it because it was her job and these people needed saving. That's what they do – they save people.

The wheel creaked as Ben lifted it up with his strength but with a strained grunt, trying to bringing it up off the ground as much as he could. He was able to get it so the heavy object rested on the back of his shoulders, letting Reed do his part next.

Reed began weaving his elastic body through the wheel's metal bars, getting himself into a good grip with it before making sure he was attached to the original post where it had hung from.

People on the lower rooms that were close enough to get out – did. Sue was helping them, but also using her powers to create a sort of slide for the rooms higher up – but making sure no one fell off. Her job was to get these people out safely, and that's exactly what she was going to do.

Johnny, on the other hand, watched on anxiously, unable to do anything other than that. His job only came in after the wheel was put back into place so that he could stick it back together. And he couldn't help either, because if he was to accidently touch one of his teammates – something terrible could happen.

Suddenly, a loud rumble took to everyone with a boom. The whirlpool had turned into a very, very large hole which was bigger than half the width of the Thames. Water quickly poured down it, straight to the Earth's core.

Something quickly darted out of the hole seconds later, a silver figure – Johnny's eyes narrowed at the creature almost instantly, the very thing that had pretty much messed with his life through and through. People around him gasped, seeing the strange silver man flying on a silver surf board heading upwards.

June noticed it too, but when she glanced over to Johnny with a bead of sweat starting to appear on her forehead – she noticed the same reckless look she remembered back in the helicopter, the one that he had back when they first got their powers. "Johnny, no!" She screamed, but it was no use, her voice was drowned out by another deafening creak in the wheel.

Johnny never heard her, but activated his, 'flame on' and started speeding through the air – via the middle of the wheel. But he got caught on one of the bars attached to the inside of the wheel, making him tumble out of his element – close to Reed's overly stretched arm. Reed's eyes widen when he noticed this, "No, Johnny!" He shouted, but all he could do was watch as Johnny's body connected with his elasticated arm. Almost immediately he could feel the shifting within him – the same transfer Ben and June had experienced earlier on in the day.

Reed's arms and legs quickly began to unravel with fire staining his limbs, pushing more and more weight onto June's water cushion – her body started to ache with exhaustion as the pressure began doubling. And then, Reed was now stationed in the middle of the air completely covered in a heated flame, looking completely bewildered as he tried to fathom out Johnny's power before all hell let loose.

Johnny, on the other hand, fell with a flop straight to the ground, ultimately looking like a flattened pancake as his body connected with Reed's power.

The very few people that were still in the small rooms tumbled back towards the Thames – June was trying to stop it falling anymore, but the weight was becoming too much for her to carry on her own – someone needed to do something, and fast.

The remaining public and even the soldiers began to slowly back away, not sure what was happening as the wheel began to tip towards the Thames again.

June's head started pounding, she could already feel drips of blood slowly trickle down her nose and touch her top lip. "Sue!" She screamed in a desperate manner, her feet were slowly shifting their way back – so much that under her feet was now a frozen bubble of water enough to hold her up – she was no longer standing on solid ground, but was now just over the edge of where the Thames water used to be. "I need help!"

Sue's head snapped over to the desperate voice and her eyes widened, seeing the state of her future husband's sister – it looked like the girl could collapse at any moment. So without a second thought, after the last person had jumped out of the small rooms, she ran over as fast as she could and did what was needed too – she threw up her force field to help June's cushion keep the wheel up.

June didn't feel much weight lifted off her, but it still continued to strain her body a lot.

Seeing the two struggling, a plan formed in Reed's head. "Ben!" He shouted loud enough for his best friend to hear, "Lift it higher!"

"I'll try!" Ben grunted loudly, beginning to do so. Using his upper body strength, he lifted the wheel higher and off his shoulders – all the way to the point where Reed was able to do Johnny's original job. He welded the wheel back onto it's station with the hot flames shooting out of his hands, connecting to the metal before melting the together.

And within seconds, the wheel was back in place – all secured and sealed.

As Ben had been moving the wheel higher, stopping it from falling, June could feel the pressure finally lessening as each second went by. Sue's force field drowned out first but before June let her water barrier go, she moved herself back onto the pavement slowly. And when the wheel was fixed back onto it's station, her water cushion finally dropped and the clear liquid fell to the ground with a lot of splashes.

"June!" Sue exclaimed, seeing the younger girl fall to the ground in a collapsed state. She ran to June side, watching as the girl slowly tried to lift herself back up just a touch. "God, are you okay?!" The blonde exclaimed, worry filling her eyes to the brim.

"Yeah," June puffed out with a pant, completely exhausted. She let Sue help her slowly lift the upper part of her body from the ground, her legs felt like jelly – a nice nap didn't sound like such a bad idea after that chaos.

"June!" Reed's familiar distressed call caught both the girl's attention – he was running towards them, passing Johnny as he did – switching back their powers. Reed ran up to his sister, assessing her condition deeply like an over-protective brother would. But who could blame him?

"Reed, I'm fine." June protested with a weak voice, reluctantly letting him help her up – but she groaned when her feet gave out again under her, but he held her up with a firm grip. Not letting go of her.

Johnny came to a stop about a meter away, not letting himself get any close, just knowing that both his sister and Reed would stop him anyway – this was his fault. If he hadn't been so reckless ... so insistent in flying after that Silver Surfer, June wouldn't have been hurt. This was his fault – completely, and utterly his fault.

Ben had finally made his way back over, "Oh, my god." He uttered, gazing upon what once used to be the River Thames. There was no water in sight, the ground completely molted and stony – almost lifeless. The massive, gaping hole being a big reminder of what had occurred today – everyone in London was horrified by this event.

There were even stray boats tipped over with probable dead life occupied inside, surrounding the edge of the hole.

Everyone else in the team turned to look, and shock filled their hearts – it looked catastrophic. Reed was still holding his sister with Sue on his other side, but June finally regained her balance enough to stand on her own – her brother just wrapped his arm around her waist, just in case her legs decided to give out on her again.

As June wiped her hand under her nose, trying to get rid of the blood that had fallen – she couldn't help but feel a grip of fear tumble inside of her because if this was just the beginning of their fight – how will their end become?

Will they even be able to stop this Silver Surfer before the planet was vanquished into darkness? And the extinction of life?

Note: Fav, Follow, and Review!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 5.2K 19
June Richards, sister to Reed Richards, went to help out her brother as he tried to get a business proposal from Victor Von Doom. Her reward would be...
47.7K 1.2K 10
Reed and Sue are getting Married. Johnny is has feelings for Scar. When the Silver Surfer threatens their world what do they do. When Johnny starts h...
70.7K 1.8K 24
The Silver Surfer, an intergalactic herald serving Galactus, plans to destroy the Earth for his master. However, five superheroes must intervene and...
18K 716 23
~*COMPLETE*~ Sister of famed Scientist Reed Richard and best friend of Sue Storm is living with them in New York city while she goes to school. Only...