Saving Him

By urbantai

Kaya Zula is a twenty-three year old doctor. One night out at the club with her best friend changes her whole... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Authors Note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Apologies
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
Help
Who Hurt You

Chapter 14

44.3K 2.3K 730
By urbantai

I'm really bored and I kind of feel like this chapter is going to suck.

Get ready for a some more shocking things coming up.

Excuse my mistakes ..

-Tai💘

--

Kaya

"Yes, so is everything finalized?" I asked on the phone.

I was so ready to finally take my vacation. I'm very tired and stressed out, so maybe laying in a bit will help.

"Yes Ms. Zula, everything is finalized. You are now able to take your vacation for two months." He said.

I hung up the phone and signed, pulling a strand of hair behind my hair and lifted my head up when I heard footsteps.

August came back into my room with a bowl snd a few napkins and placed it on my nightstand.

"What's that?" I asked trying to look into the bowl.

"Gumbo, ya want sum?" He said putting some in his mouth.

"What's that?"

He snapped his head in my direction. "Aw hell nah, taste dis." He said bringing the fork to my mouth.

I looked at it and seen it had shrimp. I opened my mouth and took a bite of it and immediately moaned at how good it tasted.

"You like id baybeh'?"

"Yes is it more?" I asked getting up.

"Yeah, ona stove." He said turning his attention to the TV.

"You better had cleaned up your mess August." I said before walking out my bedroom.

I walker into the kitchen to see the kitchen stove wiped clean and the sink was empty.

After getting my food, I walked back into the room to see August knocked out.

I smiled at him and quietly placed my bowl down and gently got into the bed and straddled him.

His shirt was off and I couldn't help but stare.

"What chu' doin guh?" He said startling me.

"Just looking ..why are you so skinny?" I asked giggling.

"Skinny? Guh I'm skinny swole, ged it right."

I laughed harder. "Skinny swole?"

"Yeah. You see dese muscles?" He said flexing his arms.

"Still skinny." I said putting my hair into a ponytail.

"You wanna know what's not tho?" He said licking his lips.

"What?"

All of a sudden I felt something hard under me; when I realized what it was, I quickly got off of his lap.

He started to bust out laughing and I smacked his arm. "That wasn't funny Aug." I said pouting.

"You actin like you neva' had dick befo ma'." He said looking at me, still laughing.

I was silent and sighed.

"You did right?" He asked.

I kept silent and he pulled on his chin hair.

"Dats why you always stoppin? You coulda tol' me Kay." He said.

"I know ..its just ..what would a man want with a 23 year old woman with no sexual experience?" I said getting emotional.

"Baybeh' stop." He said.

August pulled me on his lap and wrap both of his arms around my waist.

"I'll wait as long as you want me to." He said. "We been heavy fa do' months and I wanted to ask you some."

I looked up at him. "What?"

"I wantcha' ta be ma lady." He said moving his hands to my ass.

I blushed. "Really?" I asked.

"Yeah love, be ma lady."

I looked at him and grabbed the back of his head and smashed my lips into his.

The kiss depend and he flipped me on my back and got on top of me. He broke the kiss once he realized how far we were going.

"I wanna go out tanight." He said catching his breath.

I nodded my head and quickly got up to finish my bowl of gumbo.

--

Omniscient

Kaya got out of the shower and quickly dried herself of and pulled out her bottle of lotion to apply to her skin.

August left and hour ago to go get dressed for their date and Kaya was searching for an outfit to wear.

"Where are my damn shoes." Kaya said to herself as she got on the floor to go under the shelf to find her olive green heels.

She reached further in and hit something hard.

Kaya quickly drew her hand back and was confused because she didn't remember that she left something under there.

She turned the flashlight on her phone on, and looked under the shelf to see a black duffel bag.

She pulled it from under her shelf and unzipped it. 

Her face fell in shock when she seen the bag was filled with money with a note on top that read: $21.5 million.

Kaya's heart raced knowing that it wasn't hers and didn't know who put it under there.

AuggieBear💘🐻
I'll be thea in 45
Sent at 7:50pm

Kaya locked her phone and quickly zipped the bag back up and put it back under the shelf where she found it.

She had a mouth full of what she had to say to August. 

--

August pulled up to Kaya's new home and walked up to the door to use his key to get inside.

He seen BeJean sitting on the sofa with Princess knocked out on its lap.

August wasn't a homophobe, he just didn't feel comfortable around him.

Every time he was around him, he'd feel him staring at him and saying slick shit under his breath.

"Hey August." BeJean said.

August nodded his head and proceeded to Kaya's bedroom, but her door was locked.

He knocked on the door. "Baybeh' come on, we-

August was cut off by the door being snatched open to see Kaya looking so beautiful, but with a mug on her face.

"Damn." August blurted looking her up and down.

"Ready to go?" Kaya asked putting her hand on her hip.

"Yeah." August said noticing her tone, but brushed it off.

They both walked out of the house and Kaya waited for August to open her door.

August went on his side, slid into the car and seen Kaya still standing outside.

"Get in, what you doin?" He said.

"Open my door." She said folding her arms.

"Kay, get in dis car." August said getting annoyed.

Kaya just stood there waiting for him to open her door for her.

Frustrated, August got out and walked to her side and pinned her against the car.

"Fuck is yo problem." He hissed.

"I don't know August. Anything you need to tell me?"

"Yeah, you pissin me off wit yo fuckin attitude." He said clenching his jaw.

"Oh? So you didn't leave 20 million in my closet?" She laughed sarcastically.

"Fuck you talmbout?" He said confused.

Kaya got a good look at him and seen that he was also confused.

"Oh ..nothing. Forget it." She said turning around to open her door.

"Nah, what you talmbout?" He asked again.

"I found a duffel bag full of money in my closet."

August looked at her confused.

Then it finally hit Kaya about who put it there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 480 12
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Works #1 : Kimberly James, a typical 23 year old with a successful occupation. What'll happen when she crosses paths with August Harris and h...
245K 6.5K 68
Brooklyn Anderson. 21 years old still figuring her self out. Moved to cali With her abusive Boyfriend. Finds love in a different a place with August...
158K 7.1K 30
August Alsina is dope boy who wants to do something different with his life. Growing up in New Orleans, he saw the street life first hand so it wasn'...
36.4K 1.5K 27
Nyla all grown up and still top dog. With balancing her love life and her business Can she keep it together or will she have to choice?