roommates » jack gilinsky (#w...

By natemaloley

living with a male during my college career was the last thing on my list. + lowercase intended highest rank:... More

character visual
intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
epilogue pt. 1
epilogue pt. 2

fifteen

87.4K 2.2K 811
By natemaloley

nova's pov

jack's eyes are trained on me as i get ready to leave the apartment to meet up with cara. it being a saturday makes things so much easier because i don't have to worry about class the next day.

its been one week since jack's stupid confession and i've been fine. just ignoring him. sometimes he tries talking time and it makes it very difficult for me to not like him because he's like a little puppy trying to get my attention.

suddenly, the door opens, making my eyes divert toward it. sam struts in, looking at me immediately. he nods his head, motioning for me to follow him. my eyebrows pull together and i set my things down, following him out into the hallway.

"what's wrong with jack?" he questions.

"what are you taking about, sam?"

"he won't reply to my text message, he'll read them, but won't respond. he also doesn't want to go out and do fun things."

i shrug, "that's your problem, not mine."

before i can go back inside of the apartment, sam continues his interrogation. i inwardly groan. he's going to end up convincing me into doing something that i don't want to.

"did you guys have a fight?"

he hit the bullseye very quickly. i look at the wall behind him, hesitating on my response.

"ask him. he's your friend." i reluctantly reply.

sam narrows his eyes at me, looking at me like i'm stupid, "he won't answer me." he repeats.

"again, that's your problem."

"so, i assume that you guys did have a little argument. well, not little if he's ignoring me and refusing to party." he says, incredulously.

"okay, so we did have a tiny fight. so what? he shouldn't act like i killed his dog." i remark.

sam raises his eyebrows, as if a lightbulb went off in his head, "i have an idea."

"oh no."

"help me talk to him." he suggests.

now i'm the one to look at sam like he's grown two heads and then grimace, shaking my head. jack is stubborn, though it might work, i don't want to talk to him.

"come on, nova." sam pleads.

"no, he's being childish."

"you're being childish for not wanting to talk to him. it takes two to tango." he smirks, proud of his idiom.

i roll my eyes, "i'm meeting cara at the mall. i'm supposed to be leaving right now." i inform him.

"cara is fucking weird. stop hanging out with her. you need new friends or something. you can be friends with my sister." he comments.

"no, no, and no."

"help me before you leave." he begs once more.

"what do i get out of it?" i inquire.

sam bites his bottom lip, thinking, "if he goes and party's with me, he'll lighten up and you won't have a sad jack moping around the apartment."

that sounds promising. i know that i was the one who cut jack off, but the thought of him with another girl doesn't sit well in my stomach.

"wait here. let me talk to him first." i say, giving in.

"but it was my idea?"

"sam." i warn because he's already asking for too much; i just need this one little tiny favor from him.

he sighs, "fine. i'll be across the street at mcdonald's waiting."

"why don't you just wait out here?" i ask, wondering why he's going to go that far.

"because jack takes a super long time to talk things out. when he broke up with his first girlfriend, we literally had a 12 hour conversation." he answers.

"okay, i'll call you or something."

"you better."

sucking in and letting out a deep breath, i keep my promises and walk back into my apartment. i head over to jack and he notices, sitting up straighter.

"hi." i say, taking a seat next to him.

"hi." he breathes, wiping his palms against his pants. "are you ready to talk to me now?"

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"just listen to me-"

"you said we were just messing around." i cut him off. "and that hurt me a lot. i thought that we were taking it somewhere and then you say something like that."

"i understand that, but when i say that i'm not ready for a relationship, that doesn't give you a signal to go running and doing whatever you want with whoever you want. you're still mine."

i bite the inside of my cheek, thinking of something to say. he's making is very hard right now to want to stop this conversation. he's making me feel bad and guilty.

"you weren't like this your entire life, in fact, you probably weren't sleeping around a lot until last year. sam just told me that you had a girlfriend-"

"he did?" jack raises an eyebrow.

i nod, "and i don't get why you don't want a relationship."

"it makes me feel tied down and not free-"

"so, i make you feel tied down?"

"no, it's not like that." he rushes. "just the label of boyfriend and girlfriend makes me feel tied down."

"but being with me without a label doesn't? how does that even make any sense?" i ask, tilting my head.

his pink tongue darts out and swipes against his bottom lip, moistening them. i'd be lying if i said that i didn't miss kissing him because i do. i miss his displays of affection a lot.

"anyway, sam told me to ask you to go out and party with him." i add.

he narrows his eyes in confusion, "you just want me to go and party with him and find another girl? how do you expect me to get over you that easily?"

"it shouldn't be hard. i mean, there was no label on us anyway." i retort.

"that doesn't mean that i didn't like you. stop twisting my words, nova." he scolds, but it sounds more like a scowl.

"what now, then?" i question, looking up at him.

he holds intense eye contact with me before looking down at his hands and replying.

"i want to be with you." he emphasizes.

"but you don't want a label?"

"not yet, at least. i want to take things slow."

"these are usually the girls words." i tell him and he quietly chuckles. "but okay, maybe i can work with slow."

"you promise you won't find anyone else if i'm being too slow?"

"i promise."

"come here, baby." he says, his lips lifting into a small smile.

he opens his arms up as a welcome and i practically jump into his arms, hugging him around his neck.

"one week was very hard. ignoring you. never again." i sigh.

"good. never again." he repeats, showering my face with desperate kisses. "i missed you, i missed doing this."

"it's only been a week." i laugh.

"longest week of my life." he tells me, locking his soft lips with mine.

{vote, comment, share}

sam is in this way more than i planned for him to be

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 104K 43
Second book to 'sugar daddy » jack gilinsky' Highest rank: fanfiction #13
915K 12.7K 113
jackj started following you. all rights reserved by ©mielpapillions | 2017 {book one of my social media series} highest rank: #11 in fanfiction ...
3.9K 117 17
"Go find another Roommate"
2.2M 32.6K 200
@jackgilinsky liked your photo @jackgilinsky started following you + lowercase intended all my own work highest rank: 1 in fanfiction copyright ©...