Halves of Me (boyxboy)

By Hsin_acki

[Editing 1/35] Cadence is your average high-schooler; a teen faced with loads of homework, socializing or gro... More

Content Warnings
Just read..
Chapter 1 (The Cow & The Toad)
Chapter 3 (The Sexy Toad Returns)
Chapter 4 (Twi-hard)
Chapter 5 (Insanity Runs in the Family)
Chapter 6 (I smell something...)
Chapter 7 (Boys are so Dense)
Chapter 8 (I'm a momma's boy)
Chapter 9 (See, told you they were Dense)
Chapter 10 (I <3 Sarcasm)
Chapter 11 (The Cookie Snatcher is the toad that loves Milk)
Chapter 12 (CHOCOLATES!!)
Chapter 13 (I'm a Barbie GIRL... ehrm I mean BOY!)
Chapter 14 (You had a BF who looks like a GF)
Chapter 15 (Make your move)
Chapter 16 (Not Everyone gets a Happy Ending)
Chapter 17 (The Transformers Fan)
Chapter 18 (You Always Get Hurt The Moment You Begin To Care)
Chapter 19 (Wet Dreams...)
Chapter 20 (Shoulder to Cry on)
Chapter 21 (The angelic Andrej and Arlandre?)
Chapter 22 (Oh Boy!!!)
Chapter 23 (Eeenie Mini Minieee Moe!)
Chapter 24 (I feel like a PRINCESS!!)
Chapter 25 (May the BEST MAN WIN!)
Chapter 26 (Make you Mine!)
Chapter 27 (Let your Fairy-God Mother do the work...)
Chapter 28 (Closer...)
Chapter 29 (Those Three Magical Words)
Chapter 30 (As Pure as White)
Chapter 31 (So it's you)
Chapter 32 (Do it Old-School)
Chapter 33 (Blue Eyed Boy)
Chapter 34 (Clarity)
Chapter 35 (Epilogue)

Chapter 2 (The Dare)

8K 224 15
By Hsin_acki

This chapter is dedicated to FluffyBunny, whose story 'Our Love is Epic: Jace and Cadence' made me snort trying to cover up a laugh... in front of my crush... :D haha

 Vid on the side is 'S & M' by Rihanna teehee

Picture on the side is our Egotistical Narcissist RON portrayed by Super Model, Marlon Teixeira------->>>

============================================================

Chapter 2

Cadie, let’s head to the cafeteria!! I’m so hungry and desperate for some grub I might even eat some ‘mystery meat’.” Ron was half-dragging me now.

“Ew, first of all don’t call me Cadie, BITCH! or I’ll start telling everyone your middle name… right ‘Denise’ and second, I dare you to eat ‘hell’s concoction’ without puking or passing out.” Ron was now scowling, “fine shorty!”

“Don’t, I repeat Do.Not.Call.Me.SHORTY, just because I’m only 5’6 and only as tall as some of the girls does not give you the right to call me short… whoa déjà vu.” but I still gave him another smack in the head, seriously… this guy never learns. If I was given a dollar for every smack in the head that I gave him ever since kindergarten, I’d be rich by now.

“Ow dude, you know what? You have a serious problem with inflicting pain… you enjoy it too much and you always wear that ‘scary super-evil smirk’ of yours, which by the way I already copyrighted for you. Even your nerd glasses can’t hide the matching evil gleam in your eyes that it scares the shit out of me sometimes!!” Ron visibly shuddered.

“Sometimes or All the time? And Duh, you always call me sadistic and here I thought you knew the meaning behind the word, and besides you like getting hurt so I guess it’s a win-win, my god why am I still friends with you?” I scrunched my eyebrows and pinched my temples to relieve me of some stress while dealing with my best/worst friend. We were now seated at our usual table and the silence emanating from Ron was deafening so I looked at him.

His jaw was hanging open and he keeps staring at me like I sprouted another head, which is making me self-conscious. “Dude, quit staring at me.” I snapped at him, he then shocked me by yelling.

“Cadence Alseif Evans!! I am not into ‘S & M’!!” The chattering from the whole cafeteria ceased with Ron’s outburst.

“Oh.My.God”

I face palmed myself and kept on banging my head at the table. After a few seconds of masochism I realized that a lot of people were now laughing at us and only a couple resumed minding their own business.

“Great” I mumbled to myself, I then looked at the ceiling and prayed a bit loudly so that Ron could hear “to the supreme entity out there, please give me back my lost years so I could change my past and shove Ron’s face and bury him in the sandbox back when we were in kinder, so I can peacefully live my teenage years.” I looked at Ron and told him in mock anguish.

“Why am I friends with you again?” Ron was humming before answering me.

“Oh, that? Don’t you remember back in pre-school when I gave you some Cadbury?” I slapped myself mentally.

“Wow, a piece of chocolate in exchange for my sanity.” Ron just smiled at me. “Also don’t forget the most important thing…”

I arched an eyebrow at him questioningly “which is?” Ron looked smug and told me in total deadpan.

“It’s because I’m H.O.T. and my looks is giving your ego a little boost by hanging out with me.” He was wiggling his eyebrows at me and I just gaped at him gobsmacked.

“You self-conceited jerk, I’m surprised you’re not in love with yourself… oh wait you are, so Mr. Egotistical Narcissist what is our agenda this lunch?” Ron was again stroking his invisible beard before an expression occupied his face and turned to me.

Shit, every time he has that look only bad things happen. The last time he had that expression; the two of us were being chased by a po-po and almost got arrested.

I was now squirming in my seat. “Well I remember you daring me to eat some ‘Mystery Meat’ my darling Cadence.”

Oh, this is bad… real bad, every time the expression ‘darling Cadence’ is uttered from his mouth it’s a hundred percent sure that I’ll be facing a world of pain. I’m now regretting asking him what to do this lunch. I surreptitiously glanced at the exit, calculating the distance from my seat, maybe I can sneak out while this jester is thinking. I looked at the evil mastermind… shit, shit, shit… triple shit… he’s already focused onto me.

“Uh, uh, uh, no use running from me darling Cadence, I’m a track-star remember? You can’t outrun me ya fool.” I sighed, no use sneaking from him when he’s in ‘the zone’; well I loved my life while it lasted now it’s time to face the music.

“Alright, now stop speaking ghetto or I’ll give you a double whammy.” I glared at him while Ron just scoffs.

“Moving on, about the ‘dare’… I want to spice it up a bit more, so why not place a bet on it?” I looked at him bewildered.

“Are you seriously contemplating on eating that brew? I don’t even know what’s in there.” I shuddered.

“That’s what makes it a mystery.” Ron rolled his eyes while giving me a DUH look. “And here I thought you were the smart one…” I just waved Ron off.

“Ok, so here’s the deal ‘darling Cadence’.” I winced at this and braced myself for the apocalypse. “I’ll try to eat a serving of mystery meat and if I don’t finish it then I’ll be your slave for a whole month, I’d be on your beck and call.” My eyebrows lowered, a month? He’s willing to do it for that long? Hmm, something’s fishy.

“So what’s in it for you?”

He was now grinning like the idiot that he is; he then wiggled his finger at me gesturing for me to come closer. He then went to my ear and whispered.

“Y-you, you have to dress up as a girl for a whole day and come to school wearing those clothes, oh and you’d also be wearing make-up and all that she-bang.” My eyes widened and my jaw dropped, the asshole wants me to get killed! I grabbed his collar by the neck and faintly choke him .

“I’m going to kill you!” Ron grabbed and pushed my hands away from his neck.

“No you won’t, you’ll go to prison and then you’d lose your V-card to some random jail mate and I don’t think you’d want that. Besides it’s only for a day, people won’t even recognize you.” I pondered on this… well I do get to slave-drive him for a whole month… hmm I could even make him clean up my room so that mum would stop nagging at me, yeah that’s it b-but what if I lose? Damn this is hard…

“Cadence, would you stop doing that, you’re seriously creeping me out with the faces you make, oh and to make it easier for you… if you backed-out out of this I might be tempted to spill some of your dirty little secrets… like that one in freshman year!? Remember?” I blanched and my face paled by a couple of shades lighter.

“Y-you wouldn’t dare.” Ron grabbed my hands and looked at me with such determination that you could almost see his eyes twinkle with mischief.

“Try me.”

I slumped in defeat, Ron would never let this go and he would seriously embarrass me to the whole school, both choices would result to the same thing… but I won’t back away from this fight.

“Fine! You’ve got yourself a deal.” Ron looks smug and I just wanted to wipe away that stupid grin off of his face. “Ok, let’s shake hands to seal this deal and I’m also using the best-friend card so no being a pussy.” I just scoffed at him.

“You’re such a dork ‘Denise’, let’s get this over with.” We then shook hands and then I stood up to fetch him that gore they serve, hmm ‘did he think I’d go down without putting up a fight? Well he’s definitely wrong!?’ I mumbled to myself.

I grabbed a tray and followed the lunch line, I also picked up a small bottle of hot-sauce and a packet of pepper. ”What can I get for you honey?” the lunch lady asked me.

“A serving of mystery meat please.” I said with a cheeky smile, while other students from the line looked at me with surprise and disbelief, while others were turning green.

“Here you go dear, I even added some extra for you.” “Why thank you Ma’am.” I then opened the bottle of Tabasco and poured half of it in the… c-can you even say meat? Yuck, anyway I also opened the packet of ground pepper dumped it all in. The students near me even the lunch lady looked at me weirdly, I just looked at them and gave them a toothy smile and an evil chuckle.

I grabbed my tray and the Arnold Palmer that I also got and one bottle of Coconut-Water, I then proceeded to our table. Some of the students were looking at my tray with surprise, curiosity and disgust. I dropped the tray in front of Ron who was fiddling with his phone, probably playing four-pics.

“Here you go sir, Bon Appetit.” Ron turned to me and then at the tray and then at me again. I cocked my head to the side.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Well your evil smile and that glint in your eyes is a terrible indication that you mister are up to something.” Ron furrows his brows and then started stroking his invisible beard, hmp this guy has a weird obsession…

“Whut? Can’t I be hospitable and treat you like the special friend that you are?” I then gave him my adorable puppy dog eyes, my ultimate weapon… better men have succumbed to my powers.

“Ouch!, what was that for!?” I was rubbing the part of my head where Ron smacked it.

“Nothing” which made me glare at him. “Okay weirdo, let’s start this… now go eat that m-m-meat.”

I was trying hard not to smile but failing so I guess it turned into a grimace which is also appropriate for this situation, now let’s just wait for my ‘WIN’… I can just imagine giving Ron a whipping while he’s doing my homework… ohhh kinky. I was interrupted from my musings by Ron’s snapping fingers.

“Dude you’re scaring me, you’re wearing that creepy expression again.” I blew up my cheeks and pouted.

“Whatever, just go on with it or are you going to forfeit now?” I finished with an evil grin.

“No way, now you just sit there and watch me finish this…this.” Ron grabbed the fork and started to dig-in, some people from surrounding tables were now looking at Ron with a grimace. But after that first bite Ron’s expression was so comical I couldn’t even hold-in my laughter but I was still trying and there were now prickles in my eyes from the tears starting to get out. Ron’s face was priceless, it’s a mixture of a grimace & disgust and it looked like as if he sucked in his lips.

“Oh.My.Fucking.GOD What the Hell did you put in here?”

Ron grabbed the Arnold Palmer and chugged at it. I just grinned at him though. “Noooothing much, just some Tabasco and ground pepper.” If glares could kill, I’d be already six-feet under by the way Ron’s looking at me

“You evil cunt, tell me the truth!! Are you trying to kill me? “I huffed at him.

“You are such a cry-baby and a potty-mouth, now are you backing out? Cause if so, I can now vividly imagine the tasks I have lined-up for you.” Ron glared at me and my antics well now he knows that he shouldn’t be messing with ole me; Dr. Cadence, with a PhD in Sadism.

“So what’s it going to be? Maybe you should back out now and save yourself from the ‘tears of defeat’ or maybe yet a possible case of hemorrhoids.”

I was wiggling my eyebrows at him and mentally fist-pumping because I know that I’ve got this in the bag, Ron steeled his features and showed determined glint in his eyes that made me doubt my almost inevitable win.

“Never! I’ll show you that I can finish this…this.” He said gesturing to his plate. “And then you’d be a chick for a day!” I gaped at him and watch him shovel more ‘mystery meat’ on his mouth. I was now physically shuddering at each mouthful that he swallows.

Ron was now gaining the attention of people from the tables nearby and was now chanting. “Eat it! eat it!, eat it!” I’m now biting on my nails and getting more nervous by the minute while Ron is getting teary and is now sweating like a pig.

“Oh Ron you don’t have to finish it; you can stop now and I won’t make you my slave, I-I’m just concerned with your…your well-being, yeah that’s right ‘concerned about your health!” He stopped for a second then looked at me skeptically while chewing; he then gave me a grin with some meat strands showing on his teeth which made me choke on my coco-water.

“You can’t get out of this bet ‘darling Cadence” I was shaking my head and looked around the cafeteria; my eyes passed by the jock table where they were also chanting support for Ron’s bravery.

There I saw Mikhail staring at me which made me look away so quick that I think I got myself a whiplash. 'Why is he looking at me again anyway?'

Ron was now almost done and I’m becoming desperate, so I tried making faces at him so he’d laugh and then he might choke or puke it out, I tried everything… I even cracked my best jokes but all my effort did was make him smirk or glare at me. By now I accepted my defeat and looked at the last bite forlornly, Ron was looking at me gloatingly and relishing his win, he was staring at me while slowly putting the last bite of mystery meat to his mouth.

I sighed in defeat, “Fine you win no need to shove it to my face!” Ron was sniffling and wiping his tears. People were now cheering and patting his back, congratulating him for successfully conquering that concoction. Ron then faced me and smiled evilly; he slowly stalked me and stopped beside me whispering in my ear. “I win!” I rubbed my face and then braced myself mentally for the oncoming onslaught of torture that I’m sure Ron wouldn’t forget to cash-in.

============================================================

Vote / Fan / Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 147 16
Never being good at sports, academics, or even his favourite past time video games, David Stantler was the definition of average. And this averagenes...
1.5M 39K 39
"Why her? She isn't exactly my type Troy." I said, studying the girl. "Because she looks like a virgin. Are you going to take the bet or not?" He as...
138 3 10
"The one thing I've learned from all of this is to love who you are. Even if the ones closest to you don't. The world's not all black and white. At t...
271K 11.4K 49
" But the dare is so easy, all you gotta do is pass the chocolate." " Through a kiss! " College life is already hard but Cale's friends had decided t...