The Language Barrier

By cosmology

❝ à abattre les murs pour l'amour ❞ What happens when you fall in love with someone you can't understand- lit... More

overture
un. voulez-vous embrasser?
deux. écoutez!
trois. crie dans le café
quatre. vera et jean
cinq. cours d'anglais
six. á bientôt
entracte: le saut
sept. confiance
huit. pain aux raisins secs
neuf. un petit bisou

prologue

8.3K 378 18
By cosmology

[[ prologue ]]

Had she known in advance, she certainly would have taken all the classes offered on the subject at her tiny, rural high school, most likely administered online via the local junior college. Instead she had taken three years of Latin, the long-dead language that turned out useless in daily application. 

“Je m’appelle Evelyn Dieu. Comment vous appelez vous?” she recited.

Again, she wondered how she had gotten herself into this situation. Evelyn expected a full scholarship from her preferred junior college, and to transfer to the University of Toronto two years later to complete a bachelor’s degree in journalism.

At any rate, she arrived in the center of Quebec by train two months later, unaccompanied.

Bonjour!” shouted the Université counselor assigned to her.

She wasn’t too sure about that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 443 24
Morgan was 18 when she decided to move to Montreal, Canada. Trying to forget her past. When she mets a boy named Mitch Hughes. He makes her feel safe...
169 30 13
Hey I'm Rosalie and this is my story. You know that feeling when you wake up and just know that the day was going to be messed up? That's how I felt...
22.9K 687 11
First-Person POV: After graduating from college you decided to move to London for a year, but what you didn't expect was to find your future in your...
1K 94 24
"I have bad news, sweetheart," I heard my mother's voice crack as she spoke those 5 words. 5 simple words that when are put together is the most nerv...