Colorful Twists

Da SaucyOneCurious

Seth didn't expect to receive a bundle when he went grocery shopping, but he did. He makes the decision to ta... Altro

1. The Gain is Greater
2. The Request
3. Blink of an Eye
4. Preparing
5. Introducing
6. Reaction
8. Settling
9. Initiating
10. A New World
11. Locking
12. Pairing Up Part 1
13. Pairing Up Part 2
14. Bittersweet
15. Sweet Meddling
16. Sweet Flavors
17. Jubilant
18. Breathless
19. Elated
20. Joyful
21. Induction
22. Origins
23. Enticing
24. Nectarous
25. Thunderbolt
26. Swirling
27. Charming
28. Static
Father's Day
29. Tug of War
30. Competitive
31. Twister
32. Anticipation
33. Explosive
34. Fireworks
35. Impasse
36. Definitely
37. Infinity

7. See You Later

13.7K 554 20
Da SaucyOneCurious

Here is the next chapter. Thank you for reading, commenting, or voting. Thanks for all the support. Enjoy. 

-------------------------------

Seth unlocks the door and quickly hurries to join the group in the living room.

“Hey, Danny did you get all the bags?”

“Yes, Aunt Karla.”

“Did you hide your dad’s gift? You know if he sees it he’s going to try to guess what we got him. It gets annoying.”

“Yes, it’s inside the bag with the other gifts.”

“Do you think he’s inside?” she asks while grabbing the door handle. “Danny, do you think your dad forgot to lock the door?”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Because it’s open. Stay here,” Karla whispers.

Knowing that his dad probably left it open purposely Danny quietly follows Karla into the house.

Nothing looks out of place nor is there any noise. Karla thinks somewhat relaxing.

She nears the living room when she hears a sound (someone had bumped into the table) causing her heart to skip a beat. She looks around for a weapon, but finds none. She takes a breath before stepping into the living room in a fighting stance.

“SURPRISE!” Everyone choruses enthusiastically.

Karla’s mouth hangs open. She can’t believe what they have done. Seth steps out of the crowd and walks towards her grabbing her in a hug and congratulating her again bringing her out of her shocked state. After, all her friends give her hugs and congratulate her, she turns around searching for Seth and Danny. She sees them on the other side of the room next to Eric, she walks towards them. Danny sees her and whispers to his dad.

“Should have known that you both were up to something.” Karla states, “since Danny insisted on going to the mall. Then, after dropping Caleb off he said ‘you later’ and he’s here now.”

Danny smiles innocently at her, “I just wanted to get my presents for dad and my friends and wanted you to come with me.”

“Sure.”

“Really, why don’t you believe me?” Danny whines dramatically while Eric is trying not to laugh at the interchange.

“Because we all know that you would help your dad with these type of things. You like doing nice things for others. Thank you.” She smiles adoringly at Danny.

He returns it with a hug.

“Love you Aunt Karla.”

“Love you too. And thank you, Seth, and Eric, because I’m sure you helped too.”

“No problem.” Eric replies.

“I’m happy you like it and didn’t run out the door and call 911 when you found the door unlocked.” Seth grins.

“That was you. You almost gave me a heart attack when I heard the noise in the living room.”

“Now it wasn’t so bad. And any smart person would have called 911.” He grins.

“Yes, Aunt Karla. There could have been a burglar.” Danny adds.

“Guess, her brain decided to leave her at that moment.” Eric jokes getting away just in time from Karla’s playful punch.

“Now, go hang out with your friends. You will have us here once they all leave.” Seth pushes Karla towards a group.

“Now, shall we take our surprise to the next level?” Robert inquires.

“Yes,” they agree.

****

Friday comes too fast for all of them, especially for Karla. She doesn’t want to say goodbye. She’s never liked saying goodbye for her it has always been, see you later. In this case it is a see you later. She’s worry her new job won’t allow her to keep in contact with Seth and Danny as much as she wants to. She promises herself that at least once a week she will call them to see how they are doing. At the moment, they are all standing at the gate. Seth and Danny aren’t allowed beyond it. The moment they all fear has arrive.

“It’s time.” Seth says. There’s no more time. Funny how time passes quickly when you don’t want it too.

“Yeah...” Karla responds sadly.

She meets Seth’s eyes. Both of their eyes are filled with unshed tears. Both trying to hold them in because they don’t want to further upset Danny. But soon they find it futile because Danny’s eyes also become fill with tears. A tear escapes from his left eye. He tries to wipe it off without anyone noticing, but they both do. They don’t say anything though.

“Come here Danny give me a hug.”

Wrapping her arms around Danny, she makes sure Danny will keep doing what he needs to do.  

“I want you to behave and practice all the soccer tricks I taught you. And learn a lot in school, so that when I visit you can tell me all about it okay?”

“Yes, Aunt Karla. I’m going to miss you.” Daniel chokes.

“I’m going to miss you soo much too. You are a son to me Danny.”

Danny tightens his arms around Karla.

“Don’t forget you can call me whenever you want to. We’ll see each other soon.”

Seth stands by the side trying to hold in his own tears. He can feel the barrier keeping them is dissolving. He knows it isn’t a goodbye, it is just a see you later, but he can’t help, but feel that he isn’t going to see her in a long time. He’s worry they won’t keep in touch as much as he wants them to because of Karla’s higher rank job, somewhat time difference, and distance.

“Come here Seth join our hug.”

At her gesture Seth joins them in the hug desperately trying to keep his hold of his tears, but a few are already escaping.

“Be safe Karla. Call us when you land and get to your apartment. We’ll miss you.” Seth emphasizes.

“I will...”

“All passengers boarding the flight to San Francisco come to Gate 11.” The speaker announces.

“...don’t worry.” She releases them from her hug giving them a kiss at hearing the call to her flight.

“Bye, see you later Seth and Danny.” She smiles walking backwards before hurrying to the gate.

As they watch her, Seth holds Danny’s hand. He hears Danny whisper, “Bye Aunt Karla.”

He grabs Danny’s hand and squeezes it for reassurance. They head back to their car, back to their home.

****

Sitting in the airport waiting for his sister’s flight to land, which has been delayed, is not how he wants to spend his Friday afternoon.

Oh well, at least the screen now says it will be here in thirty minutes.  What to do while I wait? Umm, watch people or read?

Listening to music and reading his newly selected romance book made the thirty minutes fly by.  Walking to the gate, he observes the people around him, and getting closer to the waiting area he thinks he sees someone that looks familiar, but shakes it off.  Standing off to the side, he sees his sister as soon as she steps through the doors, a smile makes its way to his face. It had been a few months, since he had last seen her.

She looks great.

She had decided to spend Christmas break with him for a chance. As soon as she sees him she starts making her way to him.

“Hey, big brother how are you?”

“Growing older, waiting for you.” He jokes taking the luggage from her.

“Oh my god don’t tell me you’re a hundred! What am I going to do with you?” She responds dramatically.

Both burst out laughing at her antics. Once they recover, they start walking towards the exit by the arm. Not paying attention to where he is going he bumps into a person. Turning to say he’s sorry, his voice gets caught in his throat. Standing in front of him is the young man that he can’t forget.

Recovering his voice he says, “I’m sorry! Are you alright?”

“Yes, we’re fine.” He acknowledges starting to walk away.

“Wait! Are you sure?”

“Yes.” He responds without turning back.

Meanwhile, Scarlett stands beside, watching her brother’s expression at noticing who he had bumped into.

It seems he knows him, but the young man didn’t acknowledge him.

“Do you know him?”

“No! Never seen him before.”

Umm, that was too quick of a response. Wonder what that was all about.

“Let’s go Scarlett.” He says once again grabbing her by the arm.

-------------------

Thanks for reading : )!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

150K 7.3K 40
Rhys Hanover is a classic rich douche. He sleeps around with women, he gets by with daddy's money , lived in a gated community and plays a sport. B...
39.8K 1.1K 15
Will Seth and Tyler be able to cope with the struggles of parenthood? Will their relationship last? How will they handle a loss in the family? Can th...
2.2K 290 27
Kian never felt 'at home' at home... how could he? An 'Ali' could never be a son to his mother. To come out was to also get kicked out of his orthodo...
3.3K 85 11
As a child,M/N had been given to countless families and returned back to the orphanage where he was taken in.However,he didn't know that he'd find hi...