Beauty and the Nerd

By keys15

Beauty: the one and only Kassandra Grand aka Kassie. 5'4, great smile, golden hair made from the gods, brown... More

Beauty and the Nerd Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten status update
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Eleven

4.1K 165 10
By keys15

Hi guys thought that I would update faster than usual just cuz I'm in the mood. Please vote and comment! I have you guys reading which I'm so grateful for, but I don't get any votes or comments whatsoever. So please show me you like the story. Vote and/or Comment!! Thank you so much!

P.s. I'm thinking of doing a p.o.v. Of Kassie and I will if you guys comment or I get five votes!

Chapter Eleven

I walk up the steps of the Heathens household where Judy lives and I feel nervous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fawning over Judy even though I'm sure she will look beautiful. It's just that I have never been on any sort of date thing before.

I ring the doorbell and I hear shuffling around on the inside. Then finally the door opens up.

"Hello Peter. You look handsome." Her mother gives me a warm smile. She looks exactly like her daughter.

"Thanks. Is Judy ready to go?" I nervously clutch the corsage in my hand.

"Yeah sh-"

"I'm ready!" Judy walks in from her living room look as pretty as ever. Her brown hair is piled up into a bun with what I think is glitter in her hair. Her pale yellow dress goes down to the knees and has two glittery straps holding it up.

"Wow, Judy. You look amazing." I honestly say.

A rose color covers her cheeks in a blush and she says,"Thank you Peter. You look great yourself."

We stay for another five minutes to take pictures and her mother's smile gleams with excitement just like a chubby kid's would in a candy store.

We start to walk down the steps to the truck that my dad let me borrow for the occasion. Once in the car I turn on the radio and we head off.

"Thanks for taking me Peter. I didn't go last year and I really wanted to go." She says.

"No problem. I'm happy to take you." I say to her. Her eyes widen a little bit at that and I realize how that sounds. "Oh and I wanted to give you this." I hand her a long black box.

"You didn't have to Peter." She opens it up and reveals a turquoise bracelet with a silver chain and hanging turquoise jewels.

"I just thought it would be a good gift between friends." I say shrugging. I saw it a couple of weeks ago at a going out of business jewelry store. It's probably worth at least sixty dollars, but I got it for thirty.

I was planning on giving it to Kassie for her birthday which is coming up soon, but I don't think she will forgive me by then.  It saddens me to give it to someone else, but realistically, I do not even know how I would give it to her.  What her reaction would be.  It's just safer to avoid it.

The rest of the car ride is quiet between us even with the radio on.  A couple small things here and there.  We aren't usually this quiet, it is just the prospects of going to a dance together that has set this mood. 

*******************************

When we arrive to the gym I pay for the both of us and the gym is decorated nicely, well as nice as a couple of mediocre teenagers can do it anyways.  I should know, I was one of them with Gabe. Streamers of black and purple cover the ceiling and are hanging down with a buffet over on the side.

"Turned out pretty well." I say. I see Gabe over by the buffet table and I tell Judy I will grab us some drinks.

"You made it." Gabe welcomes me.

"Yeah, just got here." I pick up the ladle to the drinks and pour the drinks. "So you came alone or..." Before I know it, I see the pretty red head approach us and grab Gabe's arm.

"Who's this?" I ask.

Gabe smiles at me and then looks at the red head in complete adoration. "Peter meet Jessie. Jessie this is my best friend Peter."

"Oh, this is Peter." Jessie says in a knowing way.

"Okay, what did you tell her." I ask Gabe. He is so in trouble if it's personal.

"Nothing that will harm you." He winks at me then they head over to a table.

I walk back to Judy shaking my head.

"What?" She asks with a smile.

"Umm...Gabe has a date over there and she already knows about me apparently." I hand her the drink.

"I'm sure it's only something embarrassing like you ironing your whitey tidies." She laughs.

I take a sip of my drink then nod my head, "It probably is something around those lines."

Judy and I talk some more, but eventually I zone out when I see Kassie standing in what seems like a white glow. Her blonde hair falls down her shoulders straight then in a wave at the bottom. Her dress is sky blue and strapless with no designs on it, but simple. And it suits her perfectly.

Next to her I see the meat-head Brandon grab her hand and try go out on the dance floor.

"Peter!" I snap out of my daze and find that Gabe and Jessie have also joined us.

"Sorry."

"You looked like you were in a daze." Judy says. "I'm gonna head to the bathroom. Want to come with me Jessie?"

"Sure," Jessie agrees and they head out of the gym.

"Dude, you are here with Judy. Not Kassie. Put the stalker eyes away for right now." Gabe slaps me on the back pretty hard.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help it. I know I'm suppose to be here with Judy but I don't think my heart knows that."

"Look man, I'm tryin not to be harsh on you, but face it. Someone like Kassie does not spend their time with people like us, especially not dating wise." He sighs at the end.

"How do you explain Jessie then hanging out with you?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "Well I guess we are the exception. She's great though and I can't believe she likes me."

"Why can't Kassie and I be the exception though?" I ask him and look out to Kassie dancing with Brandon. She has a smile plastered on her face when talking to Brandon and he laughs.

"It's simply put as Kassie Grand. Her social status in life will always be higher then ours." I turn toward him with a frown on my face. Why is it that everybody follows some stupid code that determines how we are suppose to act and who to hang out with?

"I'm sick and tired of being told what I can do and what I can't. Who cares what everybody thinks for a change!" I almost yell. The music is so loud that only people close to us hear it.

"Fine then. Show me that you don't care. Prove your words right, because its not my decision, it's yours and how you want to live it." He walks away tired of our conversation and frankly so am I.

The song ends and a slow song comes on. People start partnering up and slow dance together.

"This is hell." I say thinking I am by myself.

"I know." Judy says next to me. She startles me.

"Oh...I'm so sorry Judy.  I am honestly enjoying your company," I try to regain my footing with her, "I thought you were having a good time?"

"Being here with a boy you like, who doesn't feel the same way back isn't exactly fun.  Watching him stare at her with longing is kinda heartbreaking."

"What are you talking about?" But I think I already know the answer.

"I know Peter, you are in love with her. Anybody can see that. The way you look at her is the way I want to be looked at one day, I'm sure every girl does." Judy turns towards Kassie and looks at her. "You really think I never noticed? I was hoping tonight you would finally see me that way."

"I'm sorry Judy." I say to her.

"Don't ever be sorry for being in love with someone Peter." She says. She gives me the bracelet I gave her earlier. "We both know the bracelet wasn't meant for me" Then she walks off to a group of girls who engulf her into their dance group.

I'm a terrible person.  Judy deserves someone better and I am sure one day she will have them. She's right though. I'm completely in love with Kassie. I can't help it. Why can't I be happy? Happy with her?

I see Gabe slow dancing with Jessie. His arms wrapped around her waist and her head on his shoulder. The lucky bastard, but he's my best friend and I can't help being happy for him.

I need to get some fresh air from the warm gymnasium. I walked out of the gym into the back parking lot with the bracelet between my fingers.

I lean against the truck and just look at the piece of jewelry that I may never have a use for. It gleams under the light post and reflects off into the distance.

I feel a surge of anger all of a sudden and right when I'm about to throw it into the distance, I stop myself. I can't bring myself to throw the bracelet because if I do that, that means I'm totally giving up on her. And I'm not ready for that nor do I want to.  Maybe trying to just be friends wouldn't be so bad.  Better than not having her in my life.

I knew I shouldn't have come to the dance and disappointed Judy.  I came for the wrong reasons. I even put my glasses back on. What did I think? Kassie and I would be like the movies and in slow motion run to each other and kiss each other passionately it? Yeah right.

The sound of footsteps come closer and closer. My heart seems to pound because I have hope that it may be Kassie. I look up and just see a couple walking hand in hand to their car. I'm an idiot.

I start to walk towards the school and put the bracelet in my pocket. Right when I'm about to open the door, it swings open and bumps me in the forehead.

"Ouch," is all I can say at the moment and I see stars.

"Oh Peter I'm so sorry." Says that angelic voice of Kassie. Then she laughs a little, "You always seem to get hurt when we are around each other."

"Haha it's okay and I think you're right. We seem to be catastrophic together." I rub my forehead to numb the throbbing.

"I came to see if you are alright, you seemed to run out of there pretty fast." She softly puts her hand on my arm and I just barely keep breathing.  She came out here for me?

"Just needed some fresh air. It's pretty warm in there."  Her eyes are intently looking into mine, "I thought you were upset with me?"  I ask her.

Kassie shrugs her shoulders a little bit, "I have gotten over it since then, it is really no big deal.  I am sorry I overreacted.  There is so much going on lately."  Kassie's hand on my arm gives a little squeeze then lets go, "Since we are friends, I wanted to check up on you though."

"Oh yeah, thank you."  I try to say coolly without seeming too excited about her acknowledging our friendship. She nods her head and then I ask, "Are you having a good time?"

"It's okay. I guess I had higher expectations. Maybe it's because not that many of my friends came or something else. I can't figure it out." I feel like she is trying to say something else, but I let it go figuring I'm probably over thinking it.

"Yeah the dance isn't working out that great for me either." I admit.

"You're not having a good time with Judy?" She asks me surprised.

"No it's not that. It's just that one of us has eyes on another at the dance."

"Oh yeah, I saw her dancing with Tanner in there. Sorry about that." And she removes her hand and the warmth goes away as well. "I could have sworn she liked you a lot."

"Yep." I say. She looks so pretty standing right in front of me. Her eyes captivate me with the small sparkle that's in them.

"Hey," she asks unexpectedly, "I know I'm no Judy, but do you care to accompany me in a dance?"

I literally cannot speak. It feels as if all the air has escaped from my lungs and all I can manage is to nod my head yes.

She grabs my hand and leads me over to the wall of the school. We can hear the music perfectly because the windows to the gym are wide open.

I don't question why she wanted to dance out here instead of inside. It's actually really nice being alone with her.

I put my hand on her waist and she takes her hand in mine. I would say I have butterflies in my stomach, but that would sound really girly. What about manly butterflies? Dragonflies? Spiders?  Ew never mind I'll let it go.

Our feet glide and we sway back in forth to the rhythm of the slow music. This is my first dance and I wouldn't want it to be with anyone else.

Okay so maybe this isn't my first dance which I just had today with my sister. I know its humiliating but I needed to learn how to dance. For tonight.

I feel her accidentally step onto my foot and I wince a little due to her heel.

"I'm so sorry! I'm truthfully not the greatest dancer." She puts down her head and looks at our shoes.

"Hey it's okay," I say and she looks up into my eyes with a smile, "no ones perfect."

"Exactly." She leans her head on my should and I could stay in this position forever. I lay my head next to hers and I rub circles into her side with my thumb.

'Best dance ever.' I say to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Shy Boy By key

Short Story

191K 5.8K 21
There was a boy that likes a girl. He always took notice of her even when she wasn't aware of his presence. With his nerdy appearance and his black-r...
12.4K 1.1K 59
Ananya's plan was to keep a low profile and complete her high school. Falling in love was not her plan. Falling for devilishly handsome nerd was defi...
113K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...
3.2K 169 17
We have all heard about the story of the Bad boy and the nerd. Or the queen B* that falls for the Hot good guy. But what about the other untold stori...