The Angel's Tear (Complete)

By KEHolts

Kaylyn lived a normal teenage life, just like her parents had hoped. That is till she met Emett, that's when... More

The Angel's Tear
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
CHAPTER 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 4

1.1K 32 2
By KEHolts

CHAPTER 4

“I hope you don’t mind, but I thought it would be appropriate to ask you parents for permission too…” He looked out the window as he backed out and down the road staying quiet like he had finished what he had to say.

“Too??” I asked feeling my heart beat take off.

He looked at me from the corner of his eyes a weak smile on his face. “Permission too date you.”

I stared at him, did he just say what I think he said? He really asked my parents? I was worth the trouble of asking permission. I was quiet for too long.

“That is only if you want to. After you told me you had never been kissed I thought it was the right way of doing things. I’m sorry I know I must be moving too fast.” I stopped him before he said anything else and with the biggest grin on my face that I have ever had I looked at him.

“I would love to.” We were at a stop light when he looked at me a grin to match mine.

“Really?” I nodded to excited to say anything else he really just asked me to date him! I was his girlfriend. I wanted to squeal so bad but I restrained myself.

Emett took me to a beautiful hiking spot in the mountains of Idaho. We had a great time, he brought his camera and we took what seemed like hundreds of pictures. We stopped by a small creek and we ate the picnic he had packed for us. The day couldn’t have been more perfect. At least that’s what I thought when we were walking back to his car now that the sun had almost set.

We packed everything up and sat on the back of his charger watching the sun sink behind the mountains painting the sky pink and orange.

“This has been such an amazing date Emett.” I played with a little white flower he had picked for me earlier.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Nothing could wipe the smile of my face, I felt his hand lay on mine and if it was even possible my grin grew wider.

“Kaylyn” my heart skipped a beat every time my name left his mouth.

“Yah?” he was quiet for a second like he wasn’t sure what he wanted to say.

“You know how you told me you had never been kissed?” I looked at him and he was already looking at me. How long had he been staring at me?

“Yah?” I felt my breathing getting a little more un-even and my heart was beating a little more quickly.

He rubbed the back of his neck as he dropped eye contact with me.

“Would you mind, if I was the first?” his voice was husky as he spoke, and I swallowed hard. He was so perfect, why was he so interested in me?

I thought about it for a second and I breathed deep as I nodded, he looked at me with uncertainty.

“Are you sure?” I was lost for words as his green eyes focused back on mine, and I nodded but I forced myself to say something.

“I’m sure.” With that, he laid a hand gently on my cheek and came closer to me. I could feel his hot breath on my lips and I wondered how it would feel to have his lips on mine.  I would find out soon.

As he was only inches from my face I closed my eyes, and shivered as his soft warms lips pressed against mine. That’s the moment; I knew he was the one I wanted to be with. My heart beat slowed as if it were finally content that it had gotten what it wanted. He was gentle and I only wanted more as he pulled away from me.

My eyes stayed closed a moment longer till I opened them to see him staring back at me with a cocky smile.

“How was that?” He spoke in a low whisper, and I did the same.

“The perfect ending, to a perfect day.” And that was the truth.

Since that day Emett and I were inseparable, my parents loved him. Titus was never really buddy buddy with him but he was civil.  It’s been a year since our first date; I couldn’t be more in love with one person. We were perfect together; I don’t ever remember an argument just bliss. Renee and Titus were still going strong; they have had a few hiccups here and there. An off and on sort of thing, but you can tell they love each other.

I reached for white vintage blouse with lace detail along the bottom I made it pop with a yellow cami underneath. I was getting ready for my 19th birthday, Emett was taking me out for dinner he wanted to keep it a surprise so he wouldn’t tell me were.

My birthday week hasn’t been a lovely one, my parents had been arguing a lot. Always behind closed doors but you can hear them raise their voices. I’ve never heard them like this it was unsettling, they acted like everything was ok when we were around. But you could still sense the underlining agitation. I wondered what could have made them act this way? What was worth arguing about? My parents have always had a very loving marriage. I tried to push the feelings out of my mind as I finished putting some make up on and I let the soft curls of my hair flow around my face. I would just ignore there bickering, that was hard to do since that was the first thing I heard stepping out my door.

I tip toed out of my room hoping they wouldn’t notice.

“Kaylyn, can you come in here please. Your father and I need to talk to you about something.” I cringed and felt my stomach drop as my mother called to me.

She sounded tired and drained; the look on her face was no better. I knew that what I was about to be told was something I wouldn’t like. I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves as I walked into their master bedroom. My dad was sitting at the edge of their king sized bed his head hung in his hands as he stared at the ground. My mom sat next to him and I sat on a small chair by their window.

“Kaylyn” my dad sound so upset and frustrated.

“I want to apologize for the way your mother and I have been acting. There has been something that has been weighing heavy on our hearts.” He paused and I got a gut wrenching feeling in my stomach. My first thought was they were telling me they were getting a divorce. I could already feel tears tugging at my eyes. He sighed as he continued.

“We love you Kaylyn, what we are about to tell you will never change that. Understand?”  I weakly nodded feeling afraid. I wanted to cover my ears like a 2 year old and just tune everything out.

I saw the soft stream of tears flowing from my mother’s eyes, what was going on?

My dad pulled out a blue velvet box with silver trim, he reached out and gently laid it in my hands. I looked at him confused and he just stared at me. I looked down at the box, slowly opening it as if something would jump out. In the box was a pendant, it was silver and there was a stone in the middle.

It was blue at first, and when I shifted it it was suddenly purple. I had never seen anything like it, it was shaped like a tear drop. It was beautiful, and I felt a sudden shock as my finger traced the jewel. I looked to my parents for answers.

“What is this?” My mother looked at my father as if she couldn’t stand looking at me.

“The stone is known as an Angel’s tear.” He ran a hand down his face, distressed.

“We made a promise to some very dear friends of ours that on your 19th birthday we would give this to you.” My father’s voice cracked, why were they telling me this? Why would there “dear friends” care if I got this or not? None of this was making sense and I was getting frustrated.

I started to feel the need to put the pendant on and as if my hands had a life of their own they were quickly behind my neck clasping the ends of the necklace. And it lay between my chest, I felt a strange sensation as if there was electricity running through my body. I held it in wonder as my father finally let his last words fall from his lips.

“They were your parents.” At those four words my mother let the tears flow freely in sobs. I felt my eye's get wide and I suddenly felt as if I was dreaming.

“What?” I felt as if my world stopped, did I hear him right?

“I’m sorry Kaylyn we wanted to tell you sooner, but we promised them we wouldn’t till you reached the age of nineteen.” My Dad sounded frantic as he tried to explain.

All I could do was stare at them, what do I say? I felt like I wanted to throw up. This had to be a joke. I stared into the pendant that hung around my neck.

“Where are they?” I felt tears stain my makeup covered face. This question is the one that broke my Dad. He wrapped his arms around my mother as she cried into his chest. His soft blue eyes coated with pain.

“Dead.”at the mention of the word the stone in my hand changed in color to a blue so dark it was almost black.

****

Hello, Hello.

Hope you guys are enjoying this, I have re -read it and I am not sure on the flow of it.

Let me know what you think votes and comments always welcomed.

I probably wont upload another chapter till next week sometime, probably sooner than later lol.

Have a good night or day whatever time it is when you read this :)).

Thank Youuuuuuuuuuuu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 221 34
My body trembled, but not from the cold. "You frighten me." His brow twitched, eyes darting around the features of my face. "Frighten, or excite?" Hi...
218K 9.6K 27
Annabel had the perfect family. That is until a tragic accident takes her mother's life. Now, 10 years later, Annabel is 18 years old and her father...
610 37 28
Dovelyn isn't your average teenage girl. Secrets were kept and lies were told. Will Dovelyn be able to defeat the darkness? Who will she loose in the...
19.6K 782 30
What happens when your worst nightmare becomes a reality? What happens when fairy tales come true? And not just the good ones. Arielle has grown up h...