The Sister Of Popular

By jaxehh

"Why can't I be popular and have friends?" Levi and Lexi are twins. They are closer than close. They've al... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Epilogue: Letters
Levi's POV: Chapter Ten (Bonus!)

Chapter Eleven

47.7K 1.2K 623
By jaxehh

"Lucas! There you are!" I yelled as I saw the familiar brown-haired figure walking towards me. He looked even cuter than usual, with his messy hair and casual clothing. His checked shirt and ripped jeans suited him so well. I was staring into those grey eyes more than ever.

"Lexi! I'm so sorry I'm late, I just had to do some chores with my brother Kyle," Lucas said, completely out of breath. He looked as if he'd run all the way to the park.

I liked athletic guys.

"It's okay," I said, grinning.

Lucas came over and sat down next to me on the park bench. "So, what did you want to see me about?"

"Just to hang out, I guess." I sounded so pathetic.

"Okay then," Lucas said. "I've gotta be back by six, though. I have a strict mum."

"Don't worry! That gives us loads of time!" I said, reassuring him so he wouldn't be all twitchy during our time together.

Lucas grinned and stood up. "Do you want to walk around the park?"

Anything for you, Lucas. "Course!"

We walked slowly around the perimeter in silence for a while. I could feel my hand eager to hold Lucas's, but I resisted it. It would make me look too desperate. I just had to be patient - I knew Lucas liked me. I didn't want to push it. After a while of looking around the greenery, at all the children playing with excitement, the birds tweeting and being fed by new mums and old grannies having a little gossip, I swore I could feel Lucas's gaze burn into my neck. I turned around, and our eyes linked. I knew there was chemistry between our two pairs of grey eyes, mine just a little more blue.

Not that I knew what real, lovestruck 'chemistry' was, but I was sure we were meant for each other. I mean, he was definitely the cutest boy I had ever met, and Lucas even respected me for who I was, which was a start. It was a big improvement from every other boy I'd met.

"Nice sunny day today." Lucas looked away, interrupting my romantic trance.

"Huh? Um, yeah, I guess." It was like I had lost the ability to speak fluent English.

Lucas dug his hand into his pocket, and took out sunglasses. "Rare, here in Wolverhampton."

"You're, like, the only one wearing sunglasses in this whole park, you know."

"Yeah, but we might as well take advantage of the October sun. Never happens here in England!" Lucas grinned. I agreed quickly and we moved onto a conversation about art (again). It was a great conversation topic, Lucas and I being able to go on for hours about that. But we were quickly cut off. Well, I accidentally cut it off by nearly walking into the BMX park area, where a gang of teenagers in black hoodies and cigarettes were doing wild tricks on their bikes.

Well done, Lexi. You're a bloody genius at spoiling a lovely conversation with your crush.

Luckily, Lucas didn't seem to think I was too much of an idiot when he dragged me back the other way, towards the pond and playground. "Lexi, I don't particularly want you to be killed in a bike accident. Those guys are dodgy, and we're not going to go and hang out with them."

He cared!

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" Talk about overreacting, but I really didn't want to upset Lucas. I didn't want to ruin another friendship. Or potential relationship.

"Don't worry. This place is huge - it's easy to get lost when you're not from Central Wolverhampton. Us people who were born at Wolverhampton know this place as our home."

Actually, I went to this park constantly ever since I was at least three, but I decided not to mention that in case Lucas actually thought I was an idiot for walking into the gangster zone. "Yeah, growing up in a small village like Seisdon makes big places a bit daunting."

That made me sound like a wimp, but it was better than admitting that I just wasn't looking where I was going and forgot to avoid the land of gangsters, which everyone's parents had warned them about every day since they were born. It was a well-known story that the minute you stepped foot into the BMX park, you were trapped in the world of drugs, skateboards and vandalising for life.

We carried on walking, starting a new chat about the sorts of music we liked. We fed the ducks at the pond for a while, with some slices of bread that Lucas managed to sneak to the park. Apparently, Lucas's parents never let him feed the ducks - it was because Lucas's brother Kyle had been chased by ducks once and was traumatized for life. However, Lucas acted like the little ducks were his best friends. To be honest, I was a bit twitchy around the creatures, which kept waddling up to me and quacking viciously, but once Lucas had introduced every single one with their own names and everything, I even started to talk to them like friends.

Then we carried on walking, past the playground and chatting until we heard some voices.

"Lexi! Lucas!"

We both looked up simultaneously to see Thomas, Holly and Robyn waving from the playground monkey bars. They were sitting up on top like it was no big deal.

The truth was that I had never mastered the monkey bars as a child. I could climb trees and swing higher on the swings than anyone else I knew but I just couldn't drag myself across or up the monkey bars. I had never understood why.

"You guys planned on going to the park at the same time as us?" I said, bemused. "I thought you said you were too busy to go out today?"

"I thought you said you were too busy to go out today!" Robyn shouted, her twin sister giggling next to her. "Who cares, we're all here now. Come join us up here!"

"Sure thing!" Lucas seemed over the moon to see them. No more together time with Lucas, I guessed, but I did have other friends as well, and I did want to keep them. And it was nice to hang out with the entire crew — we'd become somewhat of a friendship group since the day I had shown my skills in art, and although it wasn't popularity as such, it was friends, and it was nice having people around finally. Lucas climbed on top first, and trying not to embarrass myself in front of the others, I attempted it without help, by heaving myself up.

That failed when I fell down onto the bark again.

I felt my cheeks glowing read as I stood up and brushed the brown dust off me. However, when I looked up, I didn't see my friends laughing, but Lucas holding out a hand to lift me up.

"Aren't you laughing at me?" I blurted out, before I could think straight.

They all laughed, and Holly said, "Of course not. We're not your enemies or anything. Come on up!"

True friends. Oh, how I had longed to hear that from people. These were the kindest and friendliest people I had ever met, people who actually appreciated me for who I was.

If only Levi could be this way again.

I grabbed onto Lucas's hand and pulled myself up to sit with the others. The whole time, I was feeling little tingles in my own fingers. Definitely love. Definitely. It had to be.

We quickly forgot that little awkward event, and for around fifteen minutes we sat up, chatting and laughing. Even Thomas was beginning to fit in, stop being obsessed with me, and actually talk like a normal person, which was an improvement.

But after a while we stopped at a pause, and I interrupted it like a lovesick puppy. "Guys, me and Lucas need to get going."

Holly grinned. "It's fine! We're not staying for much longer, either, you know. See you soon!"

"Yeah, bye Lex! Bye Lucas!" Thomas said with a huge smile on his face. Robyn said her goodbye as well, and Lucas and I climbed off the structure. They waved as we walked back around the corner.

"We had to go?" Lucas asked, confused.

Well done for trying to get together-time with Lucas, Lexi. You're bloody amazing at this. Not.

"Yeah, I guess," I said. Promptly, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out; two texts. One was from O2, sending me some random promotion, and one was from Robyn, asking me if I wanted to go to town on the day of my party. I replied, tapping out a text at a snail's pace. When I finally sent the text, I saw Lucas was also on his identical iPhone. I caught a glimpse of his phone. He was texting someone, and I shuffled slightly closer to glance at the name. Leah.

Leah did not seem like some harmless young girl.

Once Lucas locked his phone and looked up, I asked the question.

"Who's Leah?"

Lucas looked a bit taken aback. "Just...a-a girl I know. Family friend, you know."

Suspicious.

How lovely. I knew it would be so obvious I liked him if I asked this, but I couldn't help it. "Is she your girlfriend?"

Lucas turned the other way, avoiding my hopeful gaze. "Well...in a way, yes."

I felt my heart sinking. Of course, the one boy I liked had to have a girlfriend. Of course. It was just my luck. "In a way?"

"Should I tell you the story?"

I breathed out, trying not to become too sad because of this. "I guess, okay."

"Well, me and Leah have known each other since we were little. We lived in Birmingham. Our mums were best friend. You know, I promised her I'd marry her when she was older. I don't know if she still remembers. But everything just went downhill and..."

It was like he couldn't speak about it anymore. He took a deep breath and started speaking in a firm tone. "A whole load of crap happened. I hope you're not too sad."

As if he knew that I had a crush on him.

"Oh."

Is that really all you can say, Lexi?"I'm sorry." We were left in an awkward silence for a long time. I knew I had to get away, to recompose myself. So many feelings were exploding in me - sadness that he wasn't single, sorry for him and Leah, jealous of Leah, happy that Lucas knew I had a crush on me...

As if some kind of God could hear me, the heavens opened up and it started pouring with rain.

Well, that was an exaggeration. It was only a drizzle.

"Typical British weather," I said, a slight bit of uneasiness in my throat. "My mum kind of wanted me home before it rained..."

"Oh, okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

***

THE LIFE OF A TWIN.

Entry 7.

Hey there guys!

So maybe just a tiny bit pointless this entry, I mean this blog is about my popularity right? I'm really sorry then if my love life doesn't fit into getting a life in your opinion. But this is my blog, where I spill everything about my life. And anyway. I need to get a life to be noticed by...

LUCAS

I literally love him so much and we're both artists and we're both so similar and he's so cute and he actually doesn't spend his entire day trying to get on my nerves and ruin my life and I love him and we have chemistry and we have to, don't we? Because I really like him and <3<3<3<3<

As I was in the middle of typing out a text heart, I heard the door creak. My fingers froze for a minute as I turned around and saw a grumpy looking Levi. I tried to close the window before he saw it, but it was already too late.

"Don't want to let your twin see what you're doing now?" Levi said, a sly grin on his face as he tried to grab hold of the mouse.

"Hey! Get off!" I cried out, wrestling his fingers off of mine. Luckily I happened to be stronger than Levi, even if I was a girl. He flapped his hands around as he glared at me.

"Secretive, huh? So secretive that you practically break my bones so I don't see it?"

"It's private, okay?"

"Oh my. We used to tell each other everything, Lexi. Little peas in a pod with our blonde hair and blue eyes. Lickle Levi and Lexi. Aww, we used to be so adorable. What happened to...us?" Levi looked at me with a sorrowful look on his face that actually looked genuine. Maybe he really meant it. Maybe he realised his mistakes and was willing to apologise. Maybe he realised how much he meant to me and how much I meant to him. Maybe he wanted everything to go back to how it used to be, before all this crazy stuff happened.

"You might want to start with Ashley and Francis and all your new friends then. You might want to start with why you let me go," I said in an almost-whisper.

"Oh, I got new friends because you're just a hopeless little shit." He smirked.

Great actor, Levi. Well done for crashing my hopes. Again. 

"Look who's talking," I blurted out, basically calling him a little shit. I was shocked myself that I'd managed to say that to the new violent Levi.

I wasn't surprised when suddenly this fist shot out and I took a blow to my cheek. That boy could throw a punch. I had never even seen him elbow someone in fifteen years, never mind punch.

"Think twice before calling me a little shit," Levi threatened me as I rubbed my sore cheek. It felt as if I had broken a bone.

I wasn't about to retaliate by saying that he was the person who called me a little shit first, so I ignored him.

"Anyway, for my party tomorrow, I've sorted out anything. Don't even think about inviting your geeky friends. You bog off the whole time, okay? I know our stupid mum will make you join in, but you'd better act effing normal. So screw off at the party, okay?"

Before I could reply, he stormed out of the room.

-3<3<3<3<3<3

oh god Levi just came in and told me to bug off for the party, I mean, WHAT THE HELL! It's my birthday as well! Plus he punched me for calling him a little *beep*, even if he called me one first! Honestly. I don't know what's happened to him.

My cheek hurts so bloody much now, since he decided it would be funny to punch me.

But anyway. The thing is, I really really like Lucas. We're already friends, along with our friends Robyn and Holly, the twins and geeky old Thomas. But I honestly love Lucas more than any of them, I mean he's sooooo and cute and funny! But the thing is, I think he's already taken. He was texting this girl called Leah. He probably knows I'm keen on him now, since I asked if Leah was his girlfriend. He said sort-of, and apparently a load of crap happened to their relationship. And yeah, I feel a bit sad for them, but goddamnit,I really want Lucas as mine. But I don't know what to do.

~Lexi

~~~

Showing 1 of 14 comments>>

nadina2332x - aw, poor you if you love lucas that much. but you know lucas will hate you if you break up him and leah, because it does look like they really love each other - who knows? but you know, try to keep up your friendship. There's nothing worse than breaking up the relationship you already have. i mean, you joined here to help get friends right? Then keep that.

***

"Welcome," Holly said, "to Wolverhampton."

We walked off the bus, me, Holly and Robyn, and we looked all around us. It was surprising I hadn't even been in this area of the city centre before. But then, our family never went shopping in the city centre, really. We just didn't. After all, my entire wardrobe had been Asda brand clothing for my whole life, and if we did want to order something more fancy than Asda, we'd just go online. But today, Holly and Robyn had promised to take me all the way around town for my birthday, before my party. My mum had given me fifty pounds to spend as well, and I had a few fivers of my own.

Spend, spend, spend!

I looked around me. Shops, shops, shops. I had this urge to just go into every single one of them and buy everything in there. I hadn't even heard of half the shops and yet I was itching to use up all my money right now.

"Where first?" I asked.

"Shakeaway!" The twins said in unison.

I pulled a confused face. Both Holly and Robyn gasped.

"You haven't heard of Shakeaway before?!"

"...no..."

"It's the best freaking place ever!" Holly squealed. They grabbed my hand and dragged me around the corner, leading me into the place. The first thing that hit me was the smell.

Sweet chocolate...honeycomb...caramel...

There were quite a few people in a queue behind a very big counter, and two or three people sitting down. There was a giant list of things like chocolate and fruit on the wall behind the counter.

"What is this place?" I asked the twins.

"Okay," they both started in unison and giggled.

"Basically," Holly carried on. "It's a milkshake shop. And you can get a milkshake made of anything. Like literally, anything. And their milkshakes are so good, I mean, they have everything! It's amazing!"

"I'll take your word for it then," I said, laughing and we joined the queue. Later, we were walking through the streets with our milkshakes; I had only taken one sip and I was already in heaven. I wasn't even completely sure what was in it - Holly had chosen what she called 'the best milkshake in the world' for me, and it did seem like the best milkshake in the world. I could taste paradise in it and that was all I cared about.

I felt happy. I felt loved with Robyn and Holly, as we ran around every shop and spending, spending and more spending. We tried on half the women's clothes in Zara, walking out of the changing room in floor length t-shirts and dresses with straps that fell off our arms every two seconds. We spent our time in boots testing out all the perfumes so our hoodies smelled of a strange mixture of waterlily and cranberries. Holly got it worst, with a perfume that stank of bird poo permanently on her new Superdry hoodie. We curled up for nearly an hour in Waterstone's, reading some good old Hunger Games and Harry Potter whilst relaxing on the bean bags. We each bought about ten t-shirts in Primark, since there was a pound sale or something like that. We stopped for chips in McDonald's at one point, and Robyn decided she'd buy us all a McBites and McNuggets share-box. Holly didn't realise there were McBites though, and she literally dunked her hand into the box and ate a McBite. Her reaction was priceless when she spit it straight out after tasting the pepper. Apparently Holly could not eat anything remotely spicy, and she practically couldn't eat pepper at all without gagging. Robyn and I were in hysterics.

One of the best moments was when we jumped into a photo booth and shot some funny pictures. The first one we weren't expecting it at all, so we all had our derp faces on - me squinting, Holly with her eyes half-closed and Robyn with her mouth hanging open in the middle of speaking. The second one was just us three smiling, Holly seeming particularly ecstatic as she said "cheese!" just as the picture was taken.

There were only a few seconds until the next one, so I shouted the first thing that came to mind. "Gang-star!" We all jumped into a chav pose with our middle fingers up and hoods over our heads. Robyn even took it to the extent of putting her fingers to her mouth as if she was smoking. After the flash went off, we were laughing our heads off. After we'd recovered, we had around two seconds left for the photo.

"Crazy!" Holly shouted and we pulled our funniest faces. Holly had her tongue out, Robyn had her eyebrows raised and mouth curving to the side and I did bunny ears on Holly whilst looking like I was on drugs. Afterwards, we printed out three strips and when we saw them come out of the machine, Robyn literally fell over because she was laughing so hard. Literally fell over.

Holly and I dragged Robyn up onto her feet and we took a proper look at the photos. The first one was as stupid as we thought it was, but it wasn't as if we were going to cut it off and throw it away. The second one looked more hyperactive than we thought, and the third one looked like we had gone mental. The last one was my favourite, with our crazy faces. The people we really were.

Robyn took out a permanent marker, and wrote our names on each of them. Then she wrote 'The best friends' on them.

Holly and Robyn took me as their best friend.

"Best friends?" I whispered.

"Best friends," they confirmed in unison. We grinned at each other.

They liked me enough to call me their best friend. I was happy for that.

"C'mon!" Holly said loudly, jogging away with her brown hair flying behind her. Robyn followed her, and after smiling to myself, I followed my best friends.

***

"Look, the bus is here! Guys!" Robyn's voice caught my attention from the delicious baked goodies from Greggs. We would have gone in to get some, but we all only had a few pennies left. That was definitely visible from the multiple bags we had each from nearly five hours of shopping. It was almost half past seven now. My party was in an hour's time, and the bus ride was forty minutes alone. I was nowhere near ready with my blonde hair practically wrapped around my face and my clothes stinking of perfume. It was okay for the twins, because they lived practically next to the city centre. I didn't know why they wanted to waste money on the bus, but they always claimed they wanted to spend time with me.

I still couldn't get over the fact that I had best friends.

We all managed to get up to the surprisingly empty top deck with all our bags and sat down, our legs dead from all of the walking around. We barely talked - we had done enough talking for one day and all we wanted was rest. It had been ten minutes when I noticed that Holly and Robyn's stop had gone by a long time ago, and the brown haired girls were still with me.

"Guys, I think you missed your stop," I said with a light-hearted tone.

Holly and Robyn looked at me and smiled at the exact same time. Creepy.

"No, of course not. We're coming with you."

"Why?"

"You need to get ready for your party, after all. If Levi says you can't invite us, just let us help you have your style and we're happy."

"But guys, you're coming all the way to Seisdon just for this. It's not worth it, you'll be miles away from home."

Robyn giggled. "Nah, we have to go to Seisdon to go visit Grandpa. The only reason Mum even let us go to town was because you're with us, and you'll be on the bus back with us."

"Wow."

"So, let's get started!" Holly exclaimed. Robyn took a bag from Boots out, filled with make-up, and Holly took out a bag full of nail polish and hair accessories. Since there was nobody else on the top deck, I didn't feel the slightest bit embarrassed with the public makeover. They both turned me around in my seat and took my hair out of its ponytail and brushed it. We chatted about random crap whilst they fiddled with my messy blonde hair, using hair gel, numerous hairbands and tried out millions of hair-clips. Once they finished, they whipped a mirror in front of my face. I couldn't believe what they had done to it.

"That's...amazing." It was in a fishtail braid, with a blue flower on my head and my side-fringe looking tidier than it had ever been in my life. Except for the fact that my face looked extremely bland compared to my hair, I looked sort of...pretty.

Before I could say anything else, the twins turned me around again and started attacking my face with make-up. Blue eye-shadow, pink lipstick, black eyeliner; everything was whizzing at my face so fast that I couldn't concentrate.

This kind of thing went on for the rest of the journey, and Robyn had just tucked in a strand bit of hair behind my ear before the bus speakers exclaimed that it had arrived at my stop. I pressed the stop button, and picked up all my bags. I took one last look in the mirror.

For once, I looked beautiful.

"Have a great time, birthday girl," Robyn smiled.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Edited 26/4/15

Hey guys! So, in response to some of the comments from the last chapter, YES, there now will be a bonus Levi's POV of his birthday at the end of this story, because Levi's POV will pretty much give away the whole story XD

Anyway, 10K reads! Thanks so muchhhhh for the hundreth time, I'm literally here like omg; I'm really sorry this chapter is up a little later than normal, I've been feeling sick and coughing like crazy all week so I haven't really been in the mood but I'll try and get the next chapter up by Friday! Maybe earlier? Who knows :P

Dedicated to @PandasChocolate for being an amazing sister-like bestie :)

Song on the side - You Need Me, I Don't Need You by Ed Sheeran

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote if you liked it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
805 33 34
Sophronia Nolan, sixteen, honors student. This is me, the definition of my life and who I always strive to be. But, that's kinda hard when you have s...
4.1K 117 27
"Fuck my life.." I grunted. I can't believe my last words were going to be useless. I half expected it to be "tell mom I love her" or some sappy shit...
222K 4.8K 47
(Unedited) "You weren't here! You haven't been in a long time so stop trying to act like you were." Willow grew up in a house with six brothers, one...