Talking Is Overrated - A Dest...

By binniebubbles

Impala67 is typing..... ~~~ Castiel Novak has never spoken a word in his life and he is fine with it. He is i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Epilogue
New Story!

Chapter 2

7.4K 397 429
By binniebubbles

SilentBee is typing......

SilentBee: Hey Pie, how was your day?

Impala67: It was alright. Didn't do much.

SilentBee: Well school somedays does seem pointless.

Impala67: Yea. How was your day Bee?

SilentBee: It was pretty good. I basically read at any time I could.

Impala67: So you like reading?

SilentBee: Like it? I love it. It takes me to other worlds and builds my imagination.

Impala67: Sounds interesting. Maybe I should give reading a more of a serious go.

SilentBee: Yes you should. You won't regret it.

Impala67: Well I have to go do some stuff now. Maybe we can talk tonight?

SilentBee: Of course. Goodbye Pie :)

Impala67: Bye Bee :)

~~~

Castiel puts down his phone as he picks up his English notepad with all of his notes about the project he is working on with Dean.

He never thought he would be working with Dean. It was more than a surprise to him when his phone went off saying there was a text.

Dean Winchester: So what days are you free? I'm free right now if you are.

Castiel smiles and responds.

Castiel Novak: I'm free now. Where should we meet?

Dean Winchester: Meet me outside the park. I can drive us somewhere.

Castiel grabs shoes and his trenchcoat, writes a note for Gabriel and leaves for the short walk to the park.

~~~

Castiel arrives to see Dean sitting in an old fashioned car, checking his phone. Castiel knocks on the window to get Deans attention and he jumps in his seat.

"Damnit Cas. Warn me next time." Castiel smiles in response and gets into the passenger side of the car. The ride was a good quiet until Dean spoke up.

"I decided we should go somewhere quiet so we can get to now each other. Is that alright?" Dean asks and Castiel gives him a thumbs up in return. They turn into a small clearing near a cliff and get out of the car. They walk to a nearby bench in the shade. Castiel brings a pen and paper so he can communicate with Dean.

"So Cas, tell me about yourself." Dean says and Castiel starts writing stuff down. Once he is finished, he gives the paper so Dean can read it.

I have a good life. I have an older brother named Gabriel, you might know him, he's a senior. I also have my dad but he isn't home often. He is usually busy with his work. I enjoy reading and watching geeky tv shows.

Dean smiles at the paper and starts to write something down. Castiel tilts his head in confusion. Dean finishes and hands him the paper to read.

My life is alright. My parents left a few years ago and I take care of my little brother, Sam. I am a star swimmer and get reasonably good grades. I like reading the odd comic book I find lying around the house and working on my car.

Castiel smiles at Dean and at his note.

"I thought since you don't talk, maybe we could just communicate like this." Dean smiles as he takes the paper back and writes something down before passing back to Castiel.

Why don't you talk? You don't have to answer, only if you want to.

Castiel looks at the paper for a minute before taking a pen and responding.

I just don't find the need for it. I never had the urge to talk when I was younger and my dad never forced me. I think that has lead me into the shadows. I like it though. More time to read I guess.

Dean laughs at this and writes something back.

Well that's alright.

Castiel was about to write something down until Dean spoke up.

"I have to go now. Make sure my brother didn't burn the house down."

I should make sure that didn't happen either.

Dean smiles at the piece of paper.

"Well I have Gabriel in a couple of my classes, quite the trickster. Always getting into trouble. Sammy is pretty much the complete opposite but I just have to make sure." Dean starts the engine and drives Castiel back to the park.

"I enjoyed today Cas. We should do this again soon. See ya." Castiel waves as Dean drives off and starts to walk back to his house. He walks in to see his dad on the couch watching the news.

"Hey Castiel. There is dinner in the fridge for you." His father, Chuck, says, not moving his head from the screen. Castiel was glad his dad was back but it probably won't be for long. He walks over to his dad and hugs him. He lets go so he can write something to him.

How long until you have to leave again?

"Not long. In the next couple of days I have to leave for a bit and I don't know when I'll be back. You will make sure Gabriel stays out of trouble." Castiel smiles at his dad before leaving to his room with his dinner. In the middle of eating and watching the new episode of Doctor Who, his phone goes off.

Impala67: Hey. What are you doing?

SilentBee: Watching the new Doctor Who. Shhhhhhh

Impala67: What's a Doctor Who?

SilentBee: SHHHHHHHHHH I'm watching.

Impala67: Alright, alright.

SilentBee: Thank you. It's nearly finished.

Impala67: Ok. Talk when it's over?

SilentBee: Sure :)

In the matter of 10 minutes, the episode had finished and Castiel had finished his dinner and is messaging Impala67 again.

SilentBee: It's finished.

Impala67: I just realised it was a tv show, my brother told me to shut up when I walked into the room and started talking to him.

SilentBee: I already like him.

Impala67: I think you two are a lot alike. By your choice in tv shows.

SilentBee: Yes. So what are you doing?

Impala67: Well I was working on my car but you started talking to me so I stopped.

SilentBee: Sorry. Should I go?

Impala67: No it's alright. I should have left when I did anyway. Get something else done.

SilentBee: Well then, I should message you at this time so you can leave your car alone.

Impala67: That is a great idea Bee.

SilentBee: Thank you Pie :)

Castiel smiles until Gabriel opens his door.

"I need your help. I know you are good at maths and I can't figure this stuff out." He says as he walks into the room.

SilentBee: I have to go, help the brother with homework. Probably the homework from a week ago.

Impala 67: Bye Bee :)

SilentBee: Goodbye Pie :)

Castiel grabs a pen and writes down his response to his brother.

Is this last week's homework, or todays?

"What do you expect from me bro? Of course it is last week's homework." Gabriel smiles as he drags Castiel out of the room, pen and paper in hand and leads him to his room.

~~~

Hey guys!

Here is the next chapter. Really proud of it. Please give me your feedback on it and sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Till next time

Vic xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 154 14
14 year old Castiel Novak was always different. And he payed for it. The bullying seemed endless. Until one day when someone sticks up for him. The n...
18.7K 1.4K 50
Dean is...different. He is trapped in a never-ending hell with his brother, as John abuses his children. Sam has always had that easy masculinity and...
2.1K 91 25
Dean Winchester and Castiel Novak have been best friends since sixth grade, but what if they wanted more? now in their second year of college, they r...
266K 9.7K 16
Castiel is new to the school and wants to know who Dean Winchester is and when Castiel gets a new car he will find out because Dean is the mechanic w...