Infernal Future (A Mortal Ins...

By MegaxXxMonster

The Shadowhunters of London get sent into the future. There they meet Magnus, but a more sparkled version, an... More

Infernal Future (A Mortal Instruments and Infernal devices FF)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

7.6K 174 66
By MegaxXxMonster

Disclaimer: I do Not and will probably Never own the rights to any of any authors works (other than my own), and especially not Cassandra Clare's stuff she is too good of a writer to be compared to.

The walk to the New York Institute was short compared to the London Shadowhunters earlier journey around the bright city. Soon enough they were at an Institute much smaller than the London one. Will noticed that it was glamour to appear as an old abandoned church to watchful mundane eyes. To anyone mundane the look spoke Do Not Enter, But Will, not being one for warnings and cautions -and already knowing this is an Institute and not some death mansion- found the look calling for him to destroy all objects inside with his recklessness and stubbornness.

The dark haired boy-Alec, lead the way keeping a few paces in front of the rest of them the whole way up to the big heavy doors leading to the inside area of the Institute. Will noticed the awkward glances that Alec through at him when he thought Will wasn't looking. It unnerved Will a bit that the boy was studying him, of course he knew very well that he was attracting to both sexes, but this just felt . . .different.

Alec reached the heavy faded oak doors and pulled one open. He held it open for everyone else to enter freely and sure enough Jessamine gives a small huff, lifts her chin up and enters the doors stomping her feet as if they were too heavy for her to carry. Will smirked to himself at the lady's discomfort and happiness with coming to another Institute when she probably though that for once, she would be able to leave them with their dilemma of being transferred to the future. No such Luck for the poor Jessamine though.

Will followed through the doors shortly after the blonde haired beauty. He didn't give a huff or a stomp with his feet but he was debating on making some sort of scene, until he saw Alec looking at him strangely, which distracted Will causing him to make no such commotion.

Charlotte and Henry gave quick and shy thanks before also entering the Institute walls leaving the dark haired and blue eyed boy alone outside with the boy whose hair, the shade of silver and eyes so colorless and porcelain skin. Alec looked at the silver boy silently for a minute, taking in the strangely bleak color he has to his features. His clothing was very elegant, not in the way of this era but in the way of past eras. Alec had to remind himself quickly that the boy in front of him was in fact from a time in the past -where they were actually referred to as gentlemen; he added remembering his history lessons he had once had with Hodge.

The silver boy-Jem as his boyfriend Magnus had called him looked at Alec with an expression of apology across his features. "I must send my deep apologies for the behavior of Mr. Herondale and Ms. Lovelace; they don't tend to be the most thrilling company. It is truly much obliged that you let us stay here." He spoke this with a voice of pure kindness and honesty not looking at most the slightest bit embarrassed at his company's behavior.

"It's really no problem, I mean we have way more than enough spare rooms at the New York Institute, it's not really a Shadowhunter hotspot. Your friends' behavior is really nothing new I grew up with the one and only Jace-"Alec cut off suddenly hoping that Jem wouldn't notice that his sentence wasn't quite complete. He was going to speak Jace's last name but cut off not knowing what to say. Wayland? Lightwood? Herondale? The last one would have given the silver boy in front of him a shock, discovering that his disrespectful friend's bloodline had lasted throughout the generations creating another disrespectful boy. Sadly, Alec stated to himself, Jem did notice and looked at Alec with an expectant look. After realizing that Alec was indeed not going to continue his phrase he moved through the door the re-greet the rest of his fellow London Institutors.

Alec closed the door and signaled for the lot of them to wait here as he called what must have been a futuristic version of an elevator, at the push of a button. Soon he disappeared inside leaving them alone.

Jessamine sat into a light shaded plush chair still trying to look proper in her grime covered gown. Jem saw the smirk Will wore looking at Jessamine's behavior.

Will seemed to be lost in thought for once for his brows became creased in concentration and confusion. One of the only times you'd ever see William Herondale looking confused and concentrated mind you but nevertheless that was the expression he bore. Jem watched Will for a few minutes until the dark haired boy- who now that Jem thinks of it, looks similar to the dark haired boy, Alec, from the future- had an expression change and he suddenly looked up at Jem wiping the quizzical look off his face.

"Does it happen to be just me or does that Jacob kid seem pretty flustered around when we showed up? I feel as if I recognize him from somewhere though," Will stated with a slight from set across his face. Jem thought about it. The boy had seemed in a rush to get out off the apartment, but then again maybe he was always like that, he didn't know at all and couldn't have any clue what the boys usual behavior was. Jem although didn't see any resemblance in the features of the boy, the way he held himself seemed a little out of fashion for his time, as if he was from another time as well. OR, Jem thought to himself, he could just have an obsession with this kind of stuff. Although Jem did have a string of doubt attached to his last thoughts.

"You're in the future William; he's probably a descendant from one of those brothel ladies you visit so often." It was Jessamine who spoke startling everyone.

Will looked ready to defend his statement but the elevator doors opened and Alec and three others followed suit. A blonde boy who was standing beside a fiery redhead and a dark haired beauty, the way the blonde and the red head were standing made Jem think that they were together.

"Ok so, everyone this is Charlotte Branwell and her husband Henry," Alec gestured to the two of them who nodded silently. He then moved on the others, "Jessamine Lovelace and Jem Carstairs." He paused slightly before introducing the last. "William Herondale."

The blonde boy froze up immediately hearing Will's name and the black haired girl and fiery haired one looked shocked as well. Will on the other hand looked confused at their reaction and decided to speak up, "Yes I know it may be hard, because obviously I'm handsome, but please resist the urge to stare it is quite rude," his accent and era getting into his voice.

Alec just continued, "They are from the year 1878 as I believe Magnus stated."

"1878? How you get here, to the future I mean?" The black haired girl asked curiosity sneaking into her tone.

"A time machine," Henry answered nonchalantly. The girl just nodded.

"I'm Isabelle Lightwood and this is Alec Lightwood, my brother." The black haired girl said giving a slight gesture to her brother. Will started laughing and everyone gave him a strange look, all but Jem who had the dreadful knowledge of predicting what his parrabati was planning on saying.

"I see Gabriel must have found someone so opium-hazed to put up with him," Will continued to chuckle and Jem must admit he even let out a smile before quickly composing himself.

"I'm Clary Fray," the redhead said. She looks towards the blonde boy beside her before introducing him, "This is my boyfriend, Jace Herondale."

This time it was Will who froze, along with Jem, even Charlotte and Henry seemed a bit shocked at the boy's last name. Jem found it amusing seeing William's expression towards his descendant. Both the golden blond haired boy and the dark haired William took a step forward studying the others appearance. Will examined the boy from head to toe. He had blond hair that looked golden with the way the light reflected off of his locks. His eyes appeared a shade of deep gold; Will had to admit that his charm has passed on through the generations. Although he was a bit hazed in the sense that the boy in front of him didn't bear much of any resemblance to himself and that he looked closer to the dark haired, blue eyed boy Alec, than the other boy. They both stared at each other for what must have been around ten minutes before Jace looks away and moved back to where his girlfriend Clary was standing. This somehow made Will think of Tessa and how she'd be alone in the Institute. He felt a slight pang in his chest but quickly scolded himself for it. He hadn't spoken to her since the night on the roof, where he deliberately hurt her as much as almost un-humanly possibly (If that made sense to anyone but himself) and it hurt him to do so for as much as he would hate to admit it, and would surely deny it if anyone said he did, he had developed feelings for Tess. It wasn't love, he hadn't thought he was ever or would ever be capable of loving someone. No, this was the step that comes before love, the want. He hoped she'd be fine by herself . . . alone . . . in the Institute where nothing was stopping Gabriel from getting to her. He had to stop himself before he started to visible worry, so he struggled to regain himself. And as always whatever Will wants Will gets, except Tessa, he had hurt her so much. Stop thinking about the damn girl William, he thought furiously to himself. He gave himself a big long scowl before frowning to himself on the inside and looking away from the golden boy who aroused his now fresh worry and sorrow.

What have I done? He asked himself, Oh Cecily.

I know, I know, not TOO much has been happening in the chapters I have put up and most of the content is filter but it is needed to get to where I'm heading.

I didn't have time to revise this chapter well, so I deeply apologize for the errors I'm certain I have.

I AM TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUMMARY OF THIS STORY TO MAKE IT SOUND UNIQUE AND INTERESSTING, I NEED ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO HAS ANY POSSIBLE SUMMARY IDEAS OR A COMPLETELY NEW SUMMARY ITSELF PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME IN A REVIEW OR FEEL FREE TO PM ME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 790 16
___________________________ "Why are you here?" ". . . I don't know." ___________________________ [IN THE EDITING PROCESS] Echo Lightwood is a girl w...
49K 2.3K 47
Magnus Bane, The High Warlock of Brooklyn, wasn't just an ordinary Warlock, he was one of the rarest and strongest Warlock Universe has ever witness...
24.1K 1.1K 97
A Mortal instruments fanfiction. Sequel to 'Reflections of night'. Nyx stiffled a gasp. "Oh my god, I think I broke you." Nyx may think she's done wi...
3.4K 43 25
Jace goes to find long-lost fellow sister, Laurel, who has been held captive by Mundanes and Demons who had kept Laurel away from her future as a Sha...