Out Of The Shadows (Lesbian f...

By kealohas

Living with guilt and a broken heart, Lacey joins the military to drown out the memories of her past. But the... More

Author's Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
A/N
Part 20
A/N
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
What do you think?

Part 28

12.4K 524 48
By kealohas

Amelia

I watched from the couch as Lacey paced the living room, Morgan abruptly left this morning after another call and I could see the frustrated look on Lacey's face not knowing what was going on with her best friend. She continued to burn a hole in the carpet when Lauren rushed through the front door and headed straight for the television turning it on. "Did you see the news?" Her comment was directed more toward me. She clicked the remote changing the channel, the headline across the screen read 'Breaking News Alert' in bright red letters as she increased the volume.

'The explosion at senator Richmond's Mansion in Chicago is still under investigation.' The new report showed scenes from the mansion as firefighter fought to extinguish the flames, 'The Senator and his wife were not at the home at the time of the incident, the whereabouts of their sons are still unknown. Investigators are not commenting on whether they believe the explosion is related to the bombing at one of the warehouses of Lewis Industries also located in Chicago that took place earlier this morning.'

"Fuck!" Lacey muttered, pulling her phone from her pocket as she headed to the bedroom closing the door behind her. I couldn't make out the words but could hear her arguing with whoever was on the phone though the closed door.

"Where's Morgan?" I asked Lauren as she focused on the TV.

"She said she had something to do with work," She answered just as lacey exited the bedroom and stood by the door, moments later Morgan entered the hotel room and made her way towards Lacey, without saying a word they ducked back into the room and soon the murmurings of an argument seeped through the door.

Lauren stood as we both looked at each other confused. I got up and headed towards the kitchen taking a bottle of water from the fridge my hands shakenly twisted off the cap. Lauren pulled out a stool and situated herself in front of me at the counter while we waited in silence for the woman to emerge from the room.

The news still played on in the background as we waited, twenty minutes later Lacey emerged from the room followed by Morgan. "What's going on?" Lauren asked being the first to speak.

Morgan made her way over to her and wrapped her arms around her. "I'm sorry I can't talk about it, it's work related." She simply answered before placing a kiss on her forehead.

I knew Morgan work for some form of a government agency and Lacey had done work for Lewis Industries but I wasn't sure how the two were related. I walked over to Lacey and slipped my arms around her waist as I buried my face into her shoulder. I felt her tense body relax at my touch as she pulled me in making me feel that safe feeling she always provided.

"You girls hungry?" Morgan asked. "We can go and get something to eat at the diner." Just then Lacey's stomas rumble loudly I looked up at her and she sheepishly smiled down at me. "I'll take that as a yes." Morgan laughed trying to lighten the tension in the room.

We were seated at our normal table when Sarah approached. "Hey guys," she said placing our normal order of drinks down in front of us. 'You all ready to have some fun tonight?" she asked we all looked at her confused our minds still on the situation from this morning. "Come on don't tell me you changed your minds about going to the club tonight?" she frowned.

"Oh,' I replied remembering we agreed to go out with them tonight. "Not at all we'll be there." I smiled reassuring her.

"Great, what can I get you to eat?" Lauren Morgan and I placed our order and waited on Lacey.

"Pancakes, Eggs over easy, bacon, a cheeseburger and a chocolate shake." We all looked to Lacey wide-eyed as she handed her menu back to Sarah who had the same look. "oh and some fries. Please." She finished. She turned back to us as she took a sip of her coffee to find us staring. "What?" she asked at our questioning looks.

"Hungry babe?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Starved," she answered without skipping a beat causing out table to burst into laughter.

"I don't know where you put it all," Morgan said shaking her head.

"Oh don't worry I'm sure she'll burn it off later," Lauren smirked as she winked at me causing my face to heat up.

Fifteen minutes later Sarah brought the food out to the table with Amy, 'Hey Amy I didn't know you worked here?" Lauren addressed her.

"Just filling in till Jack gets back from the doctors.." She answered.

"Is she alright?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah, she just went in for some treatment options, seems someone was finally able to get through that thick skull of hers," Sarah said looking at Lacey as she smiled. Just then the bell at the front door rang as Jackie walked in, seeing us she smiled and headed our way.

'Hey nice to see you all," she said as she stood before us, "Mind if I join you?" she took a seat after we made room for her at the table.

"So what did the doctor say?" Lacey asked Jackie shot a look to Sarah knowing she was the one who told us as she placed her hands on the table and begun playing with her fingers nervously.

"I start chemo in a week, he's given me some stuff to take to help prepare my body for the torture it's going to be taking," she sighed sadly.

Lacey placed her hand over Jackie's, "It'll be ok, you're fighting this, that's all that matters right now.' She smiled at Lacey and pulled her into a hug. I smiled at the two glad they were getting over the pain of their past.

"I'll see you all tonight yeah?" she said looking at me.

"Yeah, we wouldn't miss it," I answered.

We spent the rest of the day lazily in the hotel room watching movies nothing more was said about the situation this morning. Lauren and Morgan eventually left to rest up for tonight. I looked down at Lacey as her head rested in my lap, running my fingers through her dark hair, I smiled as she looked up at me. "You're so beautiful," I whispered. Her eye fixed on me intently. "You are so beautiful, " I repeated, "inside and out," I said placing my hand on her heart. "What you've done for me, what did for Jackie and everyone around you, you are the most selfless person I have ever met." I stroked her face as I stared into those sparkling blue eyes. "I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with you any more than I already am, but you keep surprising me every day." I leaned down to kiss her as she met me half way.

She stood and picked me up in her arms before placing her lips gently against mine once more, she walked us to the room her lips never leaving mine, this kiss was different, more passionate if that was even possible, she closed the door behind us and set me softly on the bed her before leaning her body down onto mine.....

We pulled up in front of the club at ten, there was still a line out outside of the door, Amy waved at us from the door as we exited the SUV. we walked up to her and made our way to the club following her in she led us upstairs to a lounge that overlooked the first floor, where we ordered our drinks. Morgan and Lacey got comfy on the couch while Lauren and I walked over to the railing so we could look down onto the dance floor.

Soon the rest of the girls came up and joined us in the lounge. "This is a nice club," I told Robin not really having to shout over the music from below.

"Thanks," she said as the waitress brought over our drinks, I made my way over to Lacey she immediately pulled me on her lap. After a few drinks, Sam pressured everyone into heading down to the dance floor. The music vibrated through my body enhanced by the slight buzz I was feeling from the alcohol. I looked over to Lacey as she swayed stiffly on the dance floor, I knew from watching the way she moved these past months that her shyness was keeping her from letting loose.

I swayed my body in front of her as her eyes scanned over me. I turned my back to her and leaned against her firm body her hand immediately finding their way to my hips as her head leaned in next to mine. I ground myself against her hearing her let out a gasp in my ear, her body finally reacting to mine as she pulled me in her hips moving rhythmically along with my own movement.

Our group was enjoying themselves and I especially was enjoying the way Lacey's hands moved against my body as we danced. I had just reached back placing an arm around her neck and looked up at her when a body pressed up against me from the front. I looked forward finding Louis standing before me, he gripped my waist tearing me from Lacey and pulled further into the crowd.

"Hey there sexy," he said pulling against him as I struggled to get free,  placing my hands on his chest as I pushed back. Before he could pull me into him further a hand gripped his throat causing him to loosen his grip as he attempted to pry the hand off of him. I took a shaky step back from them when Lacey's head butted against his causing his legs to buckle, all the while she held firmly onto his neck. Blood poured from his nose as she leaned in and whispered something to him before the bouncers came and escorted him away. Lauren rushed up and placed her arms around me while Lacey stood tensely watching the bouncers retreat with a screaming and struggling Louis.

I moved quickly to Lacey and placed my hand on her arm her body relaxed a bit as she turned and wrapped her arms around me, her breathing finally settled as she looked down at me, " Did he hurt you Love?"

I shook my head and laced my arms around her neck, "No, I am okay Ley, Thank you for coming after me."

"I will always come after you," she leaned in and whispered. "Always." We stayed at the club a few more hours and decided it was time to head back Sarah deciding she wanted to stay had asked if we could give Jackie a lift back. The girls followed us out I held onto Lacey's hand as we made our way through the parking lot to the SUV. Once again I was ripped away from her grip. An arm held reached around my upper chest, the person holding me tightly against their body, an outstretched hand held a gun pointed at Lacey.

I looked at the shocked faced before me and then to my captor. "Brad." I squealed trying to escape his grip. A car pulled up a little ways behind us as he pulled me back towards it, Louis hopped out of the front seat and opened the rear door taking me from Brad shoving me into the car while I screamed. I look back to see Morgan through the opened back window holding back Lacey as she struggled to get out of her grip. She screamed my name, breaking free for a moment until Louis turned and ran towards her while Brad yelled for him. He tackled her to the ground and started swinging down on her. Morgan, in turn, tackling him off of her. Brad got in the car as Lacey stood, one of his men held me back as I trying to claw my way towards him. He closed the door placing the gun back out the window. "Drive!" he ordered. He looked back towards Lacey and fired the gun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 9.6K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
97K 3.5K 32
#Unbreak Sequel# (Please read Unbreak first before you read this one.) 10 YEARS LATER . . . . . . ∆ Contains : -strong language -gxg sex scene ∆ It's...
477K 6.7K 51
The night after her parents death, she's forced and threatened by the Queen at the age of ten to get engaged to the princess whose father is the murd...
17.9K 1.5K 44
If you read A Little Dinged Up, you might wonder what happened to Trish, Lylah's ex, after everything wrapped up. Well, now you can find out! Yes, th...