Gwendalynn: The Girl With Can...

By ThatAmericanGirl

Old & Original Version 2013-2015 Graffiti enthusiast Kyle Hastings finds himself in trouble for the third tim... More

Gwendalynn | Prologue
Gwendalynn | 1
Gwendalynn | 2
Gwendalynn | 3
Gwendalynn | 4
Gwendalynn | 5
Gwendalynn | 6
Gwendalynn | 7
Gwendalynn | 8
Gwendalynn | 9
Gwendalynn | 10
Gwendalynn | 11
Gwendalynn | 12
Gwendalynn | 13
Gwendalynn | 14
Gwendalynn | 15
Gwendalynn | 16
Gwendalynn | 17
Gwendalynn | 18
Gwendalynn | 19
Gwendalynn | 20
Gwendalynn | 21
Gwendalynn | 23
Gwendalynn | 24
Gwendalynn | 25
Gwendalynn | 26
Gwendalynn | 27
Gwendalynn | 28
Gwendalynn | 29
Gwendalynn | 30
Gwendalynn | 31
Gwendalynn | 32
Gwendalynn | 33
Gwendalynn | 34
Gwendalynn | 35
Gwendalynn | 36
Gwendalynn | 37
Gwendalynn | 38
Gwendalynn | 39
Gwendalynn | 40
Gwendalynn | 41
Gwendalynn | 42
Gwendalynn | 43
Gwendalynn | Epilogue
Lastly
Gwendalynn | Gwen OneShot #1
Gwendalynn | Kyle OneShot #1
Gwendalynn | Gwen OneShot #2
Gwendalynn | Kyle OneShot #2
Gwendalynn | Gwen OneShot #3
Gwendalynn | Kyle OneShot #3

Gwendalynn | 22

8.7K 215 34
By ThatAmericanGirl

When we went to Chinatown...

AUGUST - 2011

Kory looked completely worn out once he was in sight from exiting the airplane. It was a tiring day for him, considering he'd gone to work and right after, had to get on the next flight here.

What he didn't expect was to see his 'Gweny' standing right next to her boyfriend in the terminal waiting to greet him. Gwen and Kory had gotten pretty close after meeting each other. At first, it did bother me, I'm not gonna lie but it wasn't like they were doing anything. In fact, when I wasn't there to accompany her, she'd just email him.

The emails got her busy, thinking about different things and getting her mind off the more difficult parts of her life.

"Gweny?" Kory gasped, running over to us.

Gwen smiled and went in for a gentle hug.

"You look great!" he complimented, giving her a quick squeeze.

She giggled, blushing slightly. "You do too."

Kory then turned to me. "Ky, my adorable little- ugh." He bent over, clutching his stomach.

I wasn't about to let him embarrass me in front of Gwen. He'd done that way too many times, so whilst he started going about how 'cute' I am, I punched him in the stomach.

"Ow." He sucked in a breath and gave me a glare.

I plastered on a tight smile. "Good to see you too, Kor."

He gave me a flat look before standing up straight and giving me a hug. Next, he greeted my parents. I grasped Gwen's hand, entwining our fingers together as my parents and their first born had their 'moment.'

Kory turned back to us, glancing down at our hands. He pointed to them, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You didn't tell him?" I asked Gwen.

She shrugged, slightly embarrassed. "I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Oh, well yeah, Kory, I finally took her out." I smiled.

"Well shit, when did this happen?!" he questioned.

"July." Gwen admitted.

Kory turned to me, his face feigning anger. He punched me in the arm. "And you didn't bother to tell me? I'm the one that got you to think about it!"

"Shut up, Kory." I rubbed my arm. "I did this on my own. Besides, I thought she'd tell you since she was all up for tellin' her parents."

"Well if you didn't want me to tell them, you should've said something! And I told my mom for your information! Not my dad." Gwen retorted.

He rolled his eyes before engulfing us both into a three-person hug. "I'm so happy for you guys! It's about damn time!"

We laughed awkwardly as he pushed us toward his body even more, suspending our oxygen supply.

Mom clapped her hands together. "Alright, let's go eat."

...

It was currently seven o'clock. Kory's flight had taken off nearly six hours ago and he'd gotten here in about five hours. The airport was a little ways from our home, so we decided to have a night out instead - with Gwen beside us.

My parents never exactly apologized for telling me what they didn't like me and Gwen being together, and I was hoping they would, but they're my parents. Even if they did apologize, they wouldn't mean it. Wonder who I got that from. Note the sarcasm.

We all decided to go to a restaurant that was about halfway between our house and the airport. Right now, we were sitting at our table, speaking to the waitress.

"Hello, my name's Candee. I'll be your server this evening. Can I start y'all with a drink?" she asked happily.

Most of us ordered soft drinks while Kory asked for alcohol. Once Candee laid her eyes on my brother, she suggestively puffed out her chest and plastered on a bright smile. He paid no attention to it.

Gwen was slightly confused as she glanced at them both, obviously not familiar with this kind of attention Kory receives. This was my every-day life. Whenever we went out there was always a waitress that'd be smitten by Kory's good looks and she'd go and tell one of her other waitress friends.

It was really stupid, but amusing at the same time. Dad thought nothing of it while Mom just shook her head in disappointment with these girls and then when we'd get into the car and leave the restaurant, she'd give Kory a long lecture about not getting girls like them pregnant because she wasn't going to be babysitting his kid, and she was not going to let him bail out when the girl he knocked up had the baby. Then Mom would go on about how those girls might've already been pregnant, and if not, they better watch it.

It always made Kory go red and I always found it to be entertaining. However, this waitress was making it blatantly obvious. These things made me slightly jealous as well. I'd never had a girlfriend and never had someone try to show off to me. It just never happened, of course, until sophomore year when I got that haircut. Then I realized maybe I'm glad girls don't look at me like that.

"Why is that girl doing that to Kory?" Gwen whispered to me.

I leant toward her, keeping my eyes on the waitress as we ordered our food. "This happens whenever we go out, really."

"And he's okay with it?" shock in her words.

I nodded.

"Do girls look at you like that?" Gwen inquired.

I lightly chuckled. "No, Gwen, they don't."

She sighed in relief, taking hold of my hand and squeezing it. Not long later, the waitress left and we were all talking.

"So, Kory, how's that camera I got you?" I asked him, taking a roll and biting into it.

His face lit up. "It rocks, Ky! I love it, man. Thanks!"

I grinned at him. "I'm glad. That thing cost a lot."

"What camera?" Gwen asked, taking a sip of her water.

"Oh! You know how I'm going to school for cinematography and all that?" Gwen nodded. "KyKy decided to buy me my own camera."

Gwen looked at me, a smile seeping through her face. "That's sweet."

I looked down, playing with my hands as I struggled not to blush like a school girl.

"With his own money!" Mom added, raising her eyebrows at Gwen.

"Speaking of that class, your grades doin' well?" Dad asked, wiping his hands from the greasy roll he just consumed.

Kory nodded. "Yeah, my classes start next month."

We nodded. "That's good."

"Yeah,"

"Meet anyone?" Mom asked, looking up at Kory.

He shrugged. He knew what Mom was implying. She wanted grandkids. Bad. Which is weird because after dinners like these, she'll go and say how much she doesn't want to babysit his kids, but I think what she wants is for Kory to settle down.

Even though he's almost twenty-three, he's known for his long lasting relationships and respects women when it comes to the whole sexual subject, you know, up until college but I think he's bluffing about having fun there. I've never asked Kory because guys don't really talk about it, but I don't think he's ever even seen Sophie unclothed. The closest he might've seen her to be naked was probably when we all took a trip to the beach and she wore a bikini.

I'm almost positive Kory isn't a virgin, but there's still that chance he might be. Like I said, I've never asked him, but don't get me wrong - Kory is still a guy, meaning that he isn't a saint and has always been sexually attracted to girls so I'm sure that at least one of the parties he's gone to, he went to a room and did something nasty with one of his schoolmates.

Believe it or not, he's actually turned up to the house drunk once. Although it truly was the funniest thing I've ever seen, he got in big trouble cause of it.

"I don't want grandkids yet, but it'd be nice for you to have a girlfriend, so you aren't as lonely all the time."

Kory shrugged again. "I don't know Mom, there's just not so much time to date these days. I gotta go to work, keep my grades up, get enough sleep, study... It's a hard thing to do."

At that moment, the waitress came back with our food. She placed everyone's plate down next to them whilst purposely showing off her breasts when bending down and passing the plate to the far ends of the table where Kory and I sat. It would've been a lot easier if she just walked to the other side of the table if you ask me.

"Thanks." Kory nodded, taking his plate and stabbing a fork into his food.

"Is that all for you guys?" she asked in a perky voice.

Everyone nodded.

"I'll be back later to check on you." She stated before leaving the table and gossiping to her friend about Kory. I knew this because she skipped straight to the cashier stand thing and looked over here at Kory whilst whispering to her friend in the ear. I've grown to know this routine. Before we leave, she'll give Kory a wink and he'll just give her a tight smile that's obviously fake.

It's quite hilarious actually.

"So, is this my birthday dinner?" Kory smirked, looking up at our parents.

"It's your birthday?" Gwen gasped, blushing insanely at the possibility she should've probably known.

Kory shook his head. "Not yet, Gweny. Don't worry."

She laughed nervously.

Mom shrugged smiling. "If you want it to be, I was thinking on your actual birthday, we could go to Chinatown-."

"Chinatown, Chinatown!" Kory interjected, and then chanting the name of his favorite restaurant.

I turned to Gwen. "Have you ever been to Chinatown?"

She shook her head, confusion lining her eyebrows. "No, what is it?"

Kory's mouth dropped. He quickly recomposed himself to tell Gwen about the place. "It is the most-"

"Boring place you'll ever visit." I joked.

Kory stared at me wide-eyed, with his jaw practically dropped to the floor however, assuming I was completely serious. "You. Are. Delusional."

I laughed, grasping Gwen's hand underneath the table. She joined me. Kory changed his attention to her. "Gweny, I promise you'll fucking love it! It's the best fucking place you'll ever fucking go to!" he said.

"Kory!" Mom scolded. "Language!"

Kory shook his head at our mother, seriousness written all over his face. "I'm sorry, Julianna, but I just really fucking love Chinatown."

Mom sat straight up, giving him a flat look, earning a bark of laughter from our dad.

"This should be interesting." Gwen giggled.

"You think your parents will let you come with us?" I asked, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

Gwen was about to answer before Kory interrupted.

"You have to come, Gwen! I'm forcing you. That's the least you can do for a present."

Gwen laughed. "Alright, I'll see."

Kory did a fist pump. "Yes!"

...

I drove Gwen home later that night. Thankfully, her parents let her stay for a bit longer, considering my brother was in town and we'd be gone for a while. Since they've had about a month to get used to the idea of Gwen and me, they've been a lot better towards me.

Denise has always been 'okay' I guess. It was more like George. He was hesitant in the beginning of this entire relationship. It wasn't hard to know he was thinking I'd get her into prison, or into drugs, or get her to start smoking, anything to make her life shorter, but he was so very wrong.

What I was doing was the complete opposite. I was extending her life. Now, I think he knew that. He started to... accept me more I guess.

When Gwen and I were at her door, she held my hand as we walked straight into the house. Denise and George were sat in separate sofas watching the telly. I wasn't sure what show, but it seemed to be very boring.

It was like they were waiting for us to walk in because they both sighed in relief as they got up and advanced toward us.

"Hey guys. Kyle, how's your brother?" George asked me, stretching out his hand and greeting me.

I shook it, nodding. "He's good. He went straight to bed once we got home. He's been up and about all day."

"Tell him to stop by, we'd like to talk to him some more." Denise smiled.

I nodded. "Sure will. Oh! But before I forget, I was meaning to ask you guys... Kory's birthday is this weekend, hence why he's here from college. He wants to go to Chinatown and he'd love it if Gwen were to come with us." I pressed my lips together, waiting for their reply.

Denise looked slightly worried as she glanced at Gwen to me. George didn't seem too happy about the situation either.

"My parents will be with us." I added.

Denise looked up toward her husband. He shrugged. They both turned to us. Denise spoke first. "I don't see why not."

Gwen perked up. "Really?"

"Sure. You might as well experience it now."

My smile dropped from my face. How could Gwen's own mother say something so deliberately and calmly, especially to Gwen's face. I clenched my fists. They seriously had no faith in their daughter. It really pissed me off. Why couldn't they go on thinking she wasn't going to die? Why did they have to remind themselves, me, and Gwen? Can't they just think it to themselves? Sure she's got cancer, but not every cancer kills you.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Gwen exclaimed, throwing her hands around her parents and giving them a large hug.

I put on a tight grin as Denise turned to me.

"What day are you guys going?" she asked.

"Saturday." I answered.

They nodded. "Okay."

"Well I guess that's it," I said, looking down at Gwen and swiftly placing a small kiss on her cheek. She smiled looking back up at me. "I'll see you later."

She nodded. "Okay."

...

I walked into the house as quiet as I could. It was around eleven o'clock at night and I was seriously beat. When I was about to walk into my room, the creaking of a door next to me nearly gave me a heart attack and the dark figure in the doorway was just that much more of an effect. I almost screamed, until I realized it was Kory. He stumbled out, giving me a suggestive look.

"Were you doing dirty stuff?" he raised an eyebrow.

I furrowed my eyebrows and grimaced. "Kory? You okay?"

"Yeah." he said, waving a hand. "Just tired. But that doesn't answer my question."

"I didn't understand your question." I stated, scowling at him.

"You and Gweny."

"Um, yes?"

"You two. Together." He smirked. "Doin' the nasty."

I scoffed. "You're gross."

He laughed, stumbling toward me. "I'm just kidding, KyKy."

"Yeah, sure, you should really go to bed." I told him.

"Youuuu should go to bed." he repeated, pointing at me unsteadily.

"Okay, buddy, let's get you back there," I said, hauling him back to his room.

He fell back onto his bed and in seconds, was already snoring again. It made no sense really.

...

I got up earlier than usual. I don't get up until around ten, but on this particular morning, I got up at seven. No one gets up at seven in this house. Everyone begins to wake up at nine-thirty. As lazy as that sounds, we could honestly care less. That's the break of dawn for us.

So, while I was eating some cereal, Kory seemed to get up as well. He walked into the kitchen scratching his head.

"Head hurt?" I asked.

He nodded. "I really shouldn't drink alcohol."

"You didn't even have four glasses." I laughed.

Kory glared at me, walking straight to the fridge and taking out the milk carton. He twisted the cap before drinking the milk from the carton.

"Hey! Dude, c'mon!"

"I've got a killer hangover, Ky. Please let me slide just this once!" he pleaded longingly.

I rolled my eyes before mumbling, "Well I'm not the one who got drunk last night." Which received an annoyed glare from him.

"So, Gwen was asking me why the waitress was giving you googly eyes at dinner last night," I started, trying to suppress a laugh.

"Oh, god. They never stop." he said, rubbing his forehead.

"Is that why Sophie hated dinner dates?"

"Sophie hated dinner dates because she had to eat in front of me, but yeah that was one of the reasons why too."

I chuckled. "She ate here all the time."

"Because she knew it wouldn't cost anything."

I nodded.

"So, you and Gwen though." Kory smiled.

Well, since he's sober now, maybe he won't bring up what he did last night.

"Yeah..." I avoided eye contact.

"When did you ask her?"

"We, um, we went to the park for the Fourth of July and just... when we were about to leave, I asked her."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"You're not mentioning something." Kory realized.

"What?"

"You're hiding something. Something else happened."

Count on Kory to know me so well.

"Fine," I huffed. "Connor was at the park too. He bashed on Gwen when she was right there next to me."

"Who's Connor?"

"You know him," I assured Kory, "the name just doesn't ring, but you know him."

"What'd he do?"

I really didn't want to tell Kory. He'd get pissed. I looked down at my food. "Just that she... is... small."

"Kyle, did you not just learn just a few minutes ago that I can tell you're hiding something?"

"Alright!" I said. "He thought I was gay because apparently Gwen looked like a guy to him."

"What?! What did he say?"

"He called her a man."

"What a prick." Kory stood up.

"I punched him." My voice was barely audible.

"What?" Kory stared at me, wide-eyed.

"I punched him." I repeated it. "Gave him a bloody nose."

It was silent for a while until Kory started laughing. I smirked as he walked towards me. He gave me a high five before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "That's my bro."

...

"See Gweny? It's amazing!"

"I feel like we're actually in China," Gwen muttered with a smile on her face.

I grinned, clinging onto her hand.

We passed by a few shops, seeing the variety of different people. It was a great experience for Gwen. She seemed to really like it.

"I can't believe you've never been here!" I told her.

She looked up at me. "I can't believe you have."

I laughed. "We're gonna go to a restaurant that Kory's obsessed with."

"What's it called?"

"No one knows." I answered, shrugging.

She stared at me, confused. "What?"

"It's in Chinese obviously. We have no idea how to pronounce it, but we know where it's at."

She nodded, looking at her feet with a grin played on her face. We ended up doing some regular things in Chinatown. We saw the Tin How Temple, went to Buddha's Universal Church, discovered our future at the Golden Gate Cookie Factory. (Gwen received a fortune that said "A fresh start will put you on your way." Mine said "A new pair of shoes will do you a world of good." Har har). You know, the cool things. Gwen was absolutely mesmerized by the sights.

Finally, at the end of the day, we went to Kory's favorite restaurant. We didn't wait long until we were given a booth to eat in.

"So, Gweny, whatcha think?" Kory asked, leaning forward across the table.

"It's really cool." she giggled. Her eyes met mine as she gazed up at me, giving me a genuine smile.

I leant down and gave her a quick peck on the lips, receiving shocked, but happy smiles from my family as they took in the very first kiss I gave to Gwen in front of them, hearing the faint voice of Kory saying, "don't you mean it's really fuckin' cool?"

Please vote, comment, and follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 133 18
{COMPLETED} Riley, Maya, Lucas, Farkle. They're an amazing group of friends who love each other and would do anything to protect one another. But wha...
265K 4.8K 61
Cancer. It's a curse. It turns people's lives upside down and ruins their relationships. Brynne Foster is a perfect example. After being diagnosed...
221K 4.1K 29
All Nadine Carter has ever wanted was to live happily with her parents, have a loving sweet boyfriend and friends she could count on. When she reache...
554 36 36
~.~ Eli Walters High school loner that doesn't really appreciate many, distant and never really smiles or shows any emotion. His life consists of vid...