The Heartbreak

By elmolexy

Melissa moves from Texas to Pennsylvania. Everything seems to be adjusting quite well for her, even the neigh... More

The Heartbreak
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Fourteen

326 13 2
By elmolexy

I gulped. “Heard what?” I tried playing it stupid hoping he wouldn’t notice.

            “Don’t act stupid, you heard us argue the other day.” He said while crossing his arms.

            I couldn’t fool him, even I knew better than that.

            “What about it Vince?” I asked trying to avoid his eyes.

            “You know there’s a game, you aren’t stupid.”

            “Yes I know there is a game, it involves me, and I don’t like it.” I said while folding my arms looking him dead in the eye now.

            “Good, I can’t tell you what the game is, but you will figure it out. Just do me a favor?”

            He wanted a favor from me? Well that was surprising, even for me.

            “Go on.” I pressed forward.

            “Don’t fall for them, any of them.” He looked me dead in the eye and I could tell he meant every word he said.

            “I know, I was already warned.” Thinking back to last night what Kate had told me.

            “Kate got to you before I did which means she said to stay away from me as well.” He looked rather hurt by his sister’s actions.

            “Yeah.” I sighed. “I still don’t get why though, just tell me Vince.”

            “Look.” He said while rubbing his legs, “I was part of the game, but now I’m not, now I’m on your side, just listen to what I tell you okay?”

            I was shocked, to say Vince was on my side was a big deal, and for him to say it himself was an even bigger deal.

            “Why should I do that? From the sounds of it you played the game as well!” I stated.

            “Look I get you knows that, but I can’t watch them play the game anymore, I love them but this game has gotten out of hand.” He grabbed my hand as he said it.

            All of a sudden I could see his mean features go away and melt into simpler features. Like he needed me to depend on him, I couldn’t deny that I needed help, and he seemed to know everything.

            “If you want to help, then tell me the game Vince.” I stated firmly, still not taking my hand back from his.

            “I can’t, but I can help you figure it out. I want you to find out for yourself and win the game.”

            “Fine.” I said, “But you better be with me not against me.”

            He smiled once more and nodded his head. “Trust me you won’t regret this.”

            I better not; if this came back and slapped me in the face he could expect me to take him down with me.  I just didn’t want to be alone at this point, and if it meant Vince was the one there to help me, then so be it.

            He looked over his shoulder and looked back at the clock. It was nearly three thirty, by this time he had let go of my hand and got up.

            “Good now let’s go to see our first exhibit.” He said while walking towards the exit.

            I was in what seemed to be a very long adventure, because with Vince you never really knew what was going through his mind. So I simply followed him out and got into the car with him. He proceeded to leave the parking lot and started heading even further out of town.

            “Where are we headed now?” I asked.

            “A place.” He replied rather nonchalantly.

            “Fuck you.”

            He smiled and turned the radio back on, humming softly to the lyrics. We drove without saying another word to each other, mainly because I knew I wouldn’t get any answers out of him. I sat back in the seat and enjoyed the ride until we came to a halt about fifteen minutes later. I looked out my window again and was shocked to see where we were. He had brought me to a museum, Vince just didn’t really seem like the “Lets go learn about shit during summer” type of guy. Once again he had ceased to amaze me, as he got out of the car and headed straight towards the main entrance. Once we got in he paid for everything, and then handed me a hat.

            A hat, I looked at him raising my eyebrow and waved the hat around.

            He rolled his eyes. “Put the hat on, we aren’t here to be recognized.”

            “Who are we hiding from?”I asked.

            “Wait Vince if you are going to get me to help you commit a crime you might as well forget it. I’m not exactly into stealing things.” I said walking briskly behind him.

            He shook his head and threw sunglasses at me as well. “You doubt me too much, put those on, and don’t draw any attention to us got it?”

            “As you wish.” With that I put on the hat and the sunglasses. I fell in step with him until he stopped and grabbed me, pulling me behind a statue.

            I looked at him, in front of us stood a couple checking out some paintings. I looked over at Vince once again not sure what he had pulled up his sleeve. He pointed straight ahead to the painting.

            “Wow Vince it’s a painting, cool as shit you know?” I replied.

            He glared at me and pointed once again. This time I took a deeper look and took a look at our surroundings. There in front of us stood a big light white wall, with an amazing painted picture on display. It was covered with glass and in front of it stood two people. I looked at the two people closely; it seemed to be a young couple, who seemed to be around our age. A light brown haired boy who seemed well built with his arm wrapped around a small girl with light blonde curly hair. Just then they turned to face us. Vince pushed me down further, it was then I got a better look at who was really standing there.

            Corey leaned down and pecked the girl on the lips, leaving her to blush slightly afterwards. After that he led her to another part of the exhibit. Vince stood back up again and I pulled my glasses off looking at him once more. He had brought me here to show me Corey, he knew this would happen.

            “ Why?” I asked looking at Vince.

            “You had to know.” He stated simply.

            “Does she?”

            “She is not the one being played; it is you, so no she doesn’t have the slightest idea.” He looked at me with pity in his eyes.

            “Who is she?”

            “Her name is Angel, he has been seeing her a good bit lately. Now you see why you shouldn’t fall for any of them, because they are all the same.”

            “How do you know?”

            He snorted. “I played this game to once Mel, it’s called the Heartbreak. Surely you can catch on and get the rest from here.”

            I knew more than I wanted to, I just didn’t know what I had to do to get out of it.

            “How do I leave the game?”

            He sighed and took off his beanie, running his hands through his hair. “You don’t, until one of them wins.”

            “What if I don’t want them to win?”

            “What do you mean Mel? There aren’t really any other options; one of them has to win.”

            I plan had clicked in my head just then, a plan that Vince would most likely hate, but it all depended on him.

I hope yo guys enjoy reading this, i have a veg idea of what i want to do with the next chapter. Vote, comment, enjoy. Thanks! :)

Continue Reading