The Heartbreak

By elmolexy

Melissa moves from Texas to Pennsylvania. Everything seems to be adjusting quite well for her, even the neigh... More

The Heartbreak
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Thirteen

336 12 6
By elmolexy

Beep

            Beep

            Beep

            Damn that phone, I think to myself as I reach over to blindly grab it. I rolled over on my side to find it on my nightstand; I still refused to open my eyes. I couldn’t rest in peace until I found my phone.

            Ugh why me? Why can’t I just be able to sleep? All day, without a word, or a person bothering me.

            Oh that’s right, because I have friends, and more importantly, I have a game to figure out. Just fucking dandy.

            I opened my eyes and found my phone, quickly opening the new text I had received. Correction texts, as in plural, not one, not two, not even three, almost there. Keep guessing, that’s right seven new messages!!

            The surprising part about it was six of them were from the same person. The first one was from Corey.

            Hey I had a great time last night, please let me take you out tomorrow, busy today.

            I smiled, he was really sweet, too bad I couldn’t fall for any of those boys. But with that being said it was already Tuesday, and he only had until Sunday to play his part of the game. Thus giving me today off to myself, I hit the reply button and sent him back a text.

            Sounds great, text me later and give me the details J

            After replying to him I checked my other six messages, who just happened to be from Vince. Apparently whatever he wanted was very important to be sending me multiple texts.

            Hey get up

            Mel get up

            Seriously get up

            If you don’t get up I’m going to come over and get you up

            I lied I don’t have keys to your house.

            I need the keys to your house. Get up.

            I rolled my eyes, I will be damned if I give Vince a set of keys to get in my house. Over my dead body, I will not torture myself like that. Think of how he would just come in and wake me up when I am sleeping? He already does it through a text, I couldn’t imagine him actually coming in and waking me up.

            What do you need Vince?

            I sat waiting for his reply. Within seconds I got it. This better be damn good to be sending me multiple text messages.

            Tacos

            Huh? I didn’t really think that was an answer to my question.

            Okay? What about tacos?

            I want some. He replied.

            So how does that involve me?

            I got up heading to my dresser. I had already lost all hope of actually getting back to sleep. I brushed my hair and threw on some light blue jean shorts, and a frilly pink top. I checked my phone once more.

            You are coming with me duh.

            He is the most considerate person in the world, but before I could even type in a smart ass reply I heard a knock at my door. I ran downstairs and opened the door, only to find Vince standing there in a white v neck and light wash jeans. His black hair was flipped under his beanie he must have thrown on. Over all he looked cute, simple and cute.

            He just stood there with a blank expression on his face. I shook my head and smiled.

            “Tacos for breakfast Vince, really?”

            He laughed, and actually gave me the funniest expression he could muster.

            “No it will be a late lunch, it’s already 2 in the afternoon, let’s go.” He said while turning around and heading to his car.

            I followed him, mainly because I had no other options other than this one. Plus I was hungry, I had skipped breakfast. I hopped in the passenger side of the car and buckled myself up as Vince got in on his side. He didn’t bother to buckle up; apparently safety was to cool for him. So I decided to mess with him, after all he did wake me up, for tacos. So I smiled and leaned over to where he sat. He stopped and gave me this weird look; he wasn’t sure what I was going to do. I pulled his seatbelt over him and buckled him in. Once I was finished I sat back in my seat.

            “Really?” He asked while giving me this fake glare.

            I shrugged my shoulders. “Safety first, I don’t care how badass you are.”

            He shook his head and started driving. He turned on the radio turning it to a country station. Country music just didn’t seem Vince. He seemed like the type to listen to rock or Indie, but not country. He must have guessed that I was surprised because he answered my thoughts.

            “Yes I like country, sue me.”

            I laughed a little. “I didn’t think a bad ass would listen to country that’s all.”

            He smiled in response. “I’m not a bad ass.”

            “Let me guess you just don’t get along with authority?”

            “Exactly.”

            The car came to a stop, and I looked out my window. We had pulled into Taco Bell. He jumped out of the car already walking towards the main entrance. He sure wasn’t Corey; gentleman wasn’t really his style if you haven’t noticed that yet.

            I quickly followed behind him entering the building with him. He pointed to a booth he had wanted and had me wait there while he went and ordered our food. I sat down and started messing with my phone while I waited for Vince to come back. Until someone sat across from me, He looked about 18 which was my age. He had a baby face with light blonde hair and eyes that could kill.

            “Hey there sweety mind if I join you?” He asked.

            “Actually my friend is ordering I think he will mind.” I answered.

            “Who’s your friend darling?”

            “Vince.”

            His face dropped, he went from smiling to frowning.

            “Watch out for him.” He stated.

            I eyed him. “Why?”

“If you’re smart then you won’t stick around to find out.” He replied with a serious look on his face.

“If you’re smart then you will leave.” Vince chimed in.

I hadn’t even seen him appear, but I was glad he came; this other kid gave me the creeps. Without further adieu the blonde haired boy got up and walked away, winking at me in the process.

“What was that about Vince?”

“He sat the tacos down and then slid into the seat across from me.

He shrugged, “I don’t like that kid.”

“The feeling must be mutual from the sounds of it.”

“I am aware.” He said while tossing me two tacos.

We both stopped talking for a few minutes and dug into our tacos. After I finished my first taco I looked up at Vince who seemed to be thinking.

“Hey, why did you bring me here?” He still hadn’t told me why.

“I wanted tacos.” He replied rather simply.

“I know, but why did you bring me here.” I emphasized.

“We are spending the day together, that is why.”

I was a bit surprised by this, sure Vince and I didn’t hate each other but I didn’t think we were the best of friends.

“What are we doing?”

He shoved the rest of his taco into his mouth without answering at first.

“You will see.”

Getting answers out of Vince was like trying to take candy away from a child. I finished my last taco and shook my head. Only Vince would be all secretive and confusing around me.

“I know you heard us.” He said.

Thank you all for reading this! I really do enjoy reading comments, and i want to dedicate this chapter to @CandyflossYum for making me a fantastic new cover!

Continue Reading