Lonely Nights and Sweet Talki...

By spookyAwsten

Alan is a small, secretive ginger who seeks comfort from his best friend, Kellin, whenever things get tough a... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five [FINAL]

nine

1.3K 101 12
By spookyAwsten

My jaw and fists were clenched tight as I watched mom smile sweetly at me. I knew this was going to happen. I knew dad was going to get her back, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought we'd be here at Aunt Melissa's for longer than what we had been, which was only a week and a half. I thought that it would take weeks for dad to get better, for him to feel like his old self, but apparently his old self consisted of always chasing after mom when she left him.

"Don't talk to either of us like that, son." Dad said, I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"I would think that you'd grow a back bone towards her," I snapped. "I can't believe you've gone and done this, again!"

"Things have changed and-"

"Things never change with her! She uses you for only a couple of weeks or months before going back to her old self again! Every time you go crawling back to her, even when she says she doesn't want you! She's never going to change dad, what more does she have to do in order for you to see that?!" I demanded to know.

"Alan, sweetie," Aunt Melissa tried, standing up from her spot on the couch. The twins and Alex were watching everything go down, and more by the second I could see Andrew and Anthony becoming angrier.

"Let's just settle down and talk about this," dad tried to reason.

"There's nothing to talk about! You took her back when you knew damn well this was going to make me angry. You knew that I didn't want her in my life anymore after all the times she's walked out on us! But you can't see that! Your skull seems to be so fucking thick that conductive reasoning goes in one ear and out the other and all you can seem to focus on is that the fact that your 'wife' keeps leaving." I snapped. Mom was stood there, not saying a word and dad looked angry.

"Don't talk to me like that, Alan Ashby. I'm your father and you will treat me with respect. Now, I'm sorry that I hadn't told you, your brothers or sister sooner, but your mother and I have been trying to work things out. We both still love each other very much." He said. How could he be so calm and collected?!

"Okay, fine, but if she still loved you so much how come she always walks out and cheats?" I questioned, no one in the room spoke. Aunt Melissa seemed curious about the question too but didn't speak up. "Exactly, but please, be my guest to talk out whatever the hell you want, I'll be up in my room ready to leave for Kellin's." I said, and with that, I marched right up the stairs and went inside my room, slamming my door shut in the process.

How fucking could he?! What was it going to take for dad to understand that mom was just using him, whether it be for the money or for something entirely different, I don't know, but it was obvious she didn't love him anymore, not how she used to anyways. She was a manipulative bitch, honestly. She drew dad back in at his weakest moments and forced him to believe that she was "different" and that she still loved him when she actually didn't. She just needed somewhere to stay because all the guys she's slept with are either married or moved on to someone else.

I was in the middle of packing up my bag when someone knocked on my door. I didn't say anything, just continued, but whoever it was didn't seem to care. They opened the door and cleared their throat causing me to turn and look to see. It was Aunt Melissa. She was leant against the door frame, her arms crossed and an almost sympathetic look on her face.

"You didn't have to speak to them like that." She said, I huffed and rolled my eyes, zipping up my bag.

"He went back to her, he knows what she's going to do next but yet, here he is, standing in your living room saying they still love each other," I said. "He's so blinded by all the bullshit she feeds him that he can't see anything else."

"I know," Aunt Melissa said, "I understand how you're feeling right now, but there's not much you can do, Alan. We've all tried time and time again to make David understand, but he just...he refuses to believe that the woman he fell in love with all those years ago has disappeared. He still thinks that somewhere deep inside her is that woman and if he keeps trying, maybe he can find her, and yeah, maybe Sarah can change, maybe that woman is still there, but she's not coming back anytime soon."

"I don't think she's ever coming back," I muttered, setting my bag on the floor before I sat down on my bed.

"I know you're upset," Aunt Melissa said, stepping further into the room and closing the door. She came over and sat down beside me. "But, even if you don't want to hear it, I think you shouldn't yell at your father like that. He's not going to change his opinion on something because he's stubborn. You don't even have to like this whole thing, but you shouldn't be rude about it. Just keep your mouth shut and walk away whenever they say something you don't like, okay?" She told me, running her hand up and down my back.

"Do we have to leave?" I asked. "I don't want to leave here, I don't want to go back with them." Aunt Melissa bit her lip and shrugged.

"I'm sure I could ask, but I make no promises, but even if David and Sarah don't you want you staying here, you can still come over. I am your aunt after all and will let you come in and out this house as you please whenever you feel like escaping." She said. I sighed and ran fingers through my hair.

"I'm still going to go over to Kellin's, just till I can cool down or whatever." I told her, looking down at my bag that was packed full and sat beside my feet.

"Well, I suggest you take your brothers and sister with you," she said. "David and Sarah are staying the night here because they wanted to have dinner together. I'm sure the twins don't want to be anywhere near Sarah just like you." She told me and stood just as the door to the room opened up. The twins stood there, the cold, stone expressions still on their faces.

"Are you leaving us?" Anthony demanded to know.

"We don't want to be here either." Andrew said.

"I know, and I'm not leaving you here. Go pack some clothes, you're coming with me to Kellin's." I said, Anthony nodded and walked away, leaving just Andrew.

"What about Alex? She's so excited about momma being back." He said.

"She's going with you," Aunt Melissa said. "I'll be back in a few minutes with her and her things." She told us and left. Andrew sighed and looked at me before walking away. I huffed and grabbed my phone, sending Kellin a text message and warning about all four of us coming over. I explained the situation to him, about mom being back, and him being him said it was okay and that his parents weren't going to be home until Friday.

I sighed and clicked my phone and stood up from the bed to grab my bag that was still on the floor. Since I hadn't really unpacked anything ever since we got here, I just had to zip it up and stuff my phone charger into one of the side pockets. I was still pissed. I couldn't believe that dad would just go and do that, he knew how all of us would react, but he didn't care. He would much rather let that woman walk all over him rather than step back to see what damage she has caused.

"That's it," Aunt Melissa sighed, coming into my room again. "Alex won't budge, she refuses to leave, even after I told her that you're leaving." She said.

"If she doesn't want to leave then she's not going to, she's stubborn just like me, except I'm wanting to leave." I said, Aunt Melissa shrugged, letting out another sigh. Andrew and Anthony came into view behind her, both of them carrying bags.

"Are we going now? I don't want to be here with them any longer." Andrew said.

"Yeah," I nodded and grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder. Andrew and Anthony walked behind Aunt Melissa as we headed downstairs. I could hear mom and dad talking downstairs, somewhat quietly but I didn't bother to listen to them. Once we reached the bottom of the stairs, they shut up and turned to look at us.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dad demanded to know.

"We're leaving, obviously." I said, Aunt Melissa wandered into the kitchen, muttering to me she'd be right back.

"This is ridiculous, Alan!" He said. "No, I won't allow it. I won't allow you to leave." I rolled my eyes just as Aunt Melissa came back. She walked over to me and handed me a set of keys.

"It's the car in the garage. It should be with a full tank of gas, but I'm not so sure." She said, I nodded and thanked her.

"Lissa! What are you doing?" Dad demanded, she didn't say anything and neither did I. I opened up the front door, allowing the twins to leave out first.

"Alan Ashby, you better not walk out that do or so help me." Mom tried to sound stern and look as if she was serious, but I couldn't take her serious anymore.

"Or what? You'll walk out on us again?" I said. I watched as she closed her mouth, not saying another word. It felt good to know I did some kind of damage to her. I didn't say anything else but did as dad screamed for me to not do, I walked right out the door and went through the side door to the garage where Andrew and Anthony were already at. I unlocked the car and opened up the trunk, putting all of our things in there before getting in and starting it up. One of the twins clicked the button for the large garage door to open, and as soon as it was all the way up, I backed out of the driveway and drove to Kellin's.

Neither three of us spoke. The twins still seemed angry and upset just like me. Both of them sat in the backseat, staring out the windows. My hands were gripped tightly to the steering wheel as I watched the road. I tried to stay calm and collected as we got closer and closer to Kellin's house. I had to bite my lip and blink away the tears. I hated crying, especially if it was in front of the twins or Alex. I was always so supposed to be strong for them, I was supposed to be the tough one and make sure I was the one they came crying to, but sometimes, as much as I hate to admit it, I had to be weak, I had to let my emotions out and this was the only way.

Once we reached Kellin's house I texted him again and told him I was here. Andrew and Anthony wasted no time in opening up the doors and getting out to grab their stuff. I was much slower, taking my time as I grabbed my bag. The twins followed me up the little path that led to the front door. I didn't knock or ring the door bell, just walked right in and was surprised that Vic and Austin were still there. Well, it wasn't that long since I had left from here.

"Hey, Als, are you okay?" Kellin asked, jumping up from the couch and coming over to us. I shrugged, not trusting myself to speak. He gave me a small smile and rubbed my arm. "Come here you losers, the guest room is still set up from the last time you guys came over." He said and nodded towards the stairs. Andrew and Anthony stuck their tongues out and smiled before heading upstairs. It wasn't very often that the twins and Alex came over here, but when Kellin's parents had family over, they'd invite us and the twins played with Kellin's cousins.

"I'm gonna go um, put my stuff up." I muttered softly. Kellin nodded and turned to Vic and Austin who were still sat on the couch and told them he'd be right back. We both went upstairs and to his room, and once the door was closed, I let everything out. All the anger and hurt poured out of me as I sat down on the bed and cried. My body shook with sobs and I couldn't seem to stop. Kellin came over and sat down beside me, holding me close and trying to whisper comforting things. Eventually, though, thankfully, I stopped crying. My eyes felt puffy and my nose was stuffed and gross, but I felt better, so much better.

"We're still watching movies if you want to join us." Kellin said as he stood up from the bed. I nodded and sighed, running fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, I'll be down there in a minute." I said, he nodded and smiled before leaving the room. I stood up and grabbed my bag, searching through the clothes until I found a sweatshirt and another pair of shorts. I changed into those quickly, tossing my other stuff beside bag and then I headed downstairs. 

"You didn't tell me you had twin ginger brothers!" Austin said as I reached the bottom. I stared at him, grinning. "They have hair just like you, oh my God." He snorted, I rolled my eyes and chuckled, walking over to the couch. Andrew and Anthony were sat side by side next to each other beside Austin who seemed so amazed at them.

"Don't torment my brothers you idiot." I said, sitting down beside him. Austin grinned widely and snorted again.

"It's so weird, they're both like little yous but...different," he said.

"Stop staring at me," Andrew said, slapping Austin's hand away as he tried to touch his hair. Austin grinned again and shrugged as Kellin flicked the lights off. Whatever movie they were watching began, but I wasn't paying attention. I didn't care too. I just wanted to fall asleep and forget about today.

"Hey, are you okay?" Austin whispered, nudging me lightly. I nodded, not bothering to look at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I whispered sharply.

"Chill, Princess, I'm just asking." He said, I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. He was still annoying as ever, but I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face as he tried to subtly scoot closer to me and 'accidentally' touch my thigh. He was an idiot, but still cute as ever.
Still, I wasn't paying attention to the movie, I stayed sat there and blankly stared at the t.v. screen. I didn't even flinch whenever Austin fell asleep against me again. At some point and time Anthony got up from where he was sat and came and laid down against me, falling asleep quickly. Secretly I made a promise and told myself over and over again, I wasn't leaving behind my brothers and sister. No matter where I went, no matter how far away I would go one day, I was taking them with me. I wasn't going to abandon them to mom and dad. I wasn't going to walk out like they do.

。。。

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
So much drama has happened and I like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.4K 32
Twitterpated (adj.) excited or overcome with romantic feelings ;smitten ; love-struck _______________ "Y'know, I remember when you use to be shy and...
1.5K 64 16
Once upon a time, two brothers, Alan and Kellin, ran away from home. Once Upon a time, two best friends, Austin and Vic were cursed for their cruel...
1K 36 13
Austin Carlile is a gay 22 year old, fresh out of college, his parents then meet the Ashby family, desperate for money to pay their debts ,bills and...
3.5K 213 42
An introverted and remotely withdrawn jock, Heath, must cope with his communication issues during his senior year of high school if he wants to recei...