CANDID! MUGSHOTS (Mafia! heta...

By megumehh

who knew one explosion can change your entire life. that one person who pushed you like in some sort of domin... More

Chapter 1 The Sweet Smell of Flowers and Tear Gas (part 2)
Author's Note (lmao)
Chapter 2 Wine drops and tears to shed (part 1)
Author's note
Chapter 2 Wine drops and tears to shed (part 2)
Chapter 2 Wine drops and tears to shed (part 3)
Chapter 2 Wine drops and tears to shed (part 4)
Chapter 2 Wine drops and tears to shed (part 5)
Author's Note lmaooo
Chapter 3 A lucky misfortune (part 1)
author's noteee
Chapter 3 A lucky misfortune (part 2)

Chapter 1The Sweet Smell of Flowers and Tear Gas (part 1)

691 13 31
By megumehh

"My lover's got humour;

He's the giggle at a funeral;"

Whole heartedly, she sang with a sly smirk while tapping the keys to a grand piano. The people gave stares that were rather disgust, humour and somewhat disrespect.

"Oy what's with the song?"

"Rude."

"We aren't in a funeral!"

"Would it hurt to sing another song lady?"

The people sat in their sits complaining and obviously not amused, they roared for answers, they wanted her to stop singing the song that which they seem to hate.

It was cold.

There was fog covering the windows, almost preventing any person to see what's neither inside nor outside. Whispers and small talks covered the room and gave it a different but rather odd atmosphere. Waiters and waitresses walks around the room to serve the customers going inside and taking their orders. It was an ordinary place, it was a bar, and it was fancy yet classy and simple. A lot of people visits the bar every night and very seldom on mornings. Business deals, dramatic customers ranting about their break-ups, silly boys that would get drunk, same as with girls and other kinds of stuff, the bar was simply a meat-up place for drunkards, business men and dramatic people.

And then there's you.

"Knows everybody's disapproval;

I should have worshiped him sooner;"

Without any doubt, she continued singing the song which seemed to annoy the people carefully listening to the lyrics of the song.

"~ah, why do people overreact in such things?"

"It's like they are afraid of the song itself."

"Before they could even complain, why can't they just listen to the song itself, wait for it to finish and finally learn the true meaning of the song."

"Get her out of there before I kick her out." The gossiping waitresses were cut-off by a smooth but rather intimidating voice.

"What? Why? What do you mean?" A girl stated, she was wearing a pencil skirt, white long sleeve polo with a bowtie and a vest. She was one of the waitresses that worked for the bar. Based from her appearance she was charming, among all the other waitresses, she was the most attractive one. Her naturally straight brown hair matches perfectly with her facial features, her navy blue eyes that shimmer every time she glares, she was rather stunning. The girl happened to be named, Juliette, her name matches her face very quite well.

"Don't ask me why! Obviously the customers are not feeling elated about her singing!" The intimidating voice was coming from their boss.

"What's wrong with her singing? I like her voice." Juliette replied.

"Nobody asked for your opinion Juliette, now get her down from the stage and bring her to me, I'll talk to her to settle this." Her boss ordered.

With a nod Juliette quickly walked up to the stage and headed straight to the girl who was singing and whispered to her ear, she gave a polite but casual nod and headed down to follow Juliette.

"What do you think you're doing?" her boss made a quick statement.

"Doing my job, what else?" she replied casually but politely, to think that she is talking to her boss so she might as well talk back in a good manner so she wouldn't lose her job as a musician, a very odd musician. Her monotone voice was rather amusing to hear, she has a splendid voice when it comes to talking and singing, but other than that, she was just simple, compared to Juliette, she was a commoner, plain and casual. Of course, how can she possibly win to a girl with such charm? Other than being plain, she was unique because she was just herself. She accepted the fact but she couldn't care less, it didn't even cross her mind. She was a girl with a set of goals, and that's what she puts her mind in, even though people say she is rather boring, she accepted it and didn't care.

She has her priorities.

That was it.

That's what she cares about.

This so called girl is you.

"(y/n), I know that." Your boss replied blankly and gave you the blankest stare of your life.

".....well, you called me?" you replied with a blank smile.

Your boss gave you a judging stare,

"(y/n), you don't get paid for you sarcastic humour, I called you because you're simply annoying our customers with your silly creepy song-"

"But-"you cut off.

"AND if you scare away our customers, we won't earn money AND if we won't earn money I can't give you your salary, AND eventually if this place ran out of customers you will lose your job." Your boss stated quickly as he could while giving you the intimidating stare that you despise.

Before you could even spoke back he added:

"Now get back to your place, sing a different song. A song that is not creepy. A song that would attract customers, that would make money." He stated as he turn his back and headed out, he grabbed his car keys from his pocket and headed straight to the bar's entrance and left a note before he left.

"I'll be back, you people should continue your jobs and do it RIGHT this time."

You let out a sigh and went back to your work place, noticing that the other waiters and waitresses are glaring at you and whispering, you turned your head to look at Juliette, Juliette gave you a warm smile and got back to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Three hours later your hands are sweating and shaking from playing the instruments on the stage to amuse the customers arriving at the bar so you decided to go for a break and headed straight to the kitchen to drink a glass of water, you walked towards the kitchen without any hassles and took a drink, you noticed the chef was glaring at you for some particular reasons. You gave him an awkward smile and greeted him as you leave the kitchen.

When you successfully got out of the kitchen, you noticed that there were a lot more customers than you expected, it's like the place is almost full and there were no more available tables and chairs for the people outside that wanted to enter. You let out a sigh and stated,

"This is going to be a hell of a night for my poor fingers; I hope I'll be able to speak tomorrow."

You joked about how hard it is to be a musician and a singer, sometimes when you can't sing you just simply play the piano or the guitar, you don't perform that much if the place is crowded, you actually like singing for a few people, for you it was less stress and less body aches you get from sitting of standing for hours, other than that you have no choice. Being a waitress is never your option, you despise serving other people than your family and yourself, for you singing and being a musician is far more better than pencil skirts and tiny vests, for you singing is a free job, you do what you want and get what you want from it. Yup, money.

As you walk towards the stage to begin your performance you glanced at Juliette for some reasons.

She was standing at the door greeting the newly arrived customers, of course like always, she was flawless and charming, and her smile greeted the man who arrived in the bar's entrance as he glared at Juliette from head to toe.

The man was dressed in all black aside from his red necktie; he wore a black long sleeve polo together with his red necktie, and black pants, he was wearing a fedora which he removed, he has an auburn hair and green eyes and a curl on the left side of his hair, it looks like the curl was sprayed with some anti-gravity hairspray that took most of your attention, and with all that he seemed to look rather attractive, but for you its just casual. As he took Juliette's hand and gave a slight kiss on it, giving a flirty smile he looked at Juliette in the eyes and spoke,

"mio, for a bella ragazza like you, you shouldn't work in a place like this, how would you like to work for me instead~?" he gave a flirtatious wink at Juliette

Based from his looks and actions you predicted that he is a business man, and also Italian you thought of that at the way he spoke and they way he dressed. You gave a blank stare and continue walking up the stage. While walking you heard Juliette giggle as she led the man to his table and almost forgot that the bar was already full.

"so-sorry sir, but we already ran out of tables, b-but you could sit here in our waiting area so you could wait for a vacant table." Juliette spoke to the so called Italian guy.

"I would gladly sit here and wait....if you would sit next to me, bella." The Italian guy replied flirty.

Juliette giggled again because of his reply and led the Italian to the waiting area.

While you're on the stage you can't help to glare at them, for something, this things kind of annoys you, for you it was the first thing that annoys you, you despise public display of affection. For you it is horrible and a wrong thing to do in a public area, with all your scowling you realized you're on top of the stage and everyone can see you, eventually people are waiting for the song and they see you scowling at some random guy flirting with a charming girl. This time you ignored them and started singing the words while playing the chords that matches the song.

"Life's too short to even care at all, oh, whoa;

I'm losing my mind, losing my mind, losing control,"

And with that, those short phrases you sang with harmony everyone was silent, eager to hear more.

Everyone in the bar are all eyes on you, and ears to your voice, even though you quite admit it, you're not very charming, pretty or attractive like Juliette, you knew that you have something that won't just attract a person's eyes, but attracts a person heart just through one song.

The man that you were scowling at didn't turn his back to see you, he was silent, even though he was sitting next to Juliette their seats are turning back at the stage, that's the reason why he didn't see you scowling at him, he somehow felt like the song was sung by an angel, he was truly amazed and attracted to your voice so he turned around to see who's singing on the stage. He saw a girl with (h/c) hair, (e/c) coloured eyes. She was wearing a red sweater with black skinny pants/jeans that matched her black high-cut shoes; he saw you sitting on a high chair with a (f/c) guitar. Even though you did not give a single smile, you gave a small glare to the man who suddenly turns around to look at you.

Moments after the Italian looked at you, he gave you a nod after that he clapped his hands twice and smiled blankly, and simply the look of disinterest but also amusement and with that, he turned around and continued flirting or chatting with Juliette. In return to what the Italian did, you just gave a nod while singing and gave a sarcastic smile and looked away from him. For you it was just simply annoying.

"Maybe he thought that I'm a pretty lady singing in the stage so he could flirt with me......HAHAHAHA!.... hell no." You stated in your thoughts.

"Such people. Tsk" you murmured.

Thinking about what you said, you let out a giggle, not giving a damn if people think that you're crazy, since you're still on the stage. You finished the song and people gave you applause, you stood up from the high chair and went down the stage and headed straight to the bar counter.

-----------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, you're sitting on a highchair beside the counter chatting with one of your co-worker; she gave you some free drinks for you to drink while chatting with her. You've noticed that the Italian guy was not in his place before, thinking that he was not impatient enough that he left, but you also looked for Juliette, just to make sure if the annoying Italian left the bar, but suddenly you thought to yourself,

"Well that guy is Italian so probably if he's not with Juliette then maybe he's flirting with another girl,"

Not that it really bothered you, well you know you're not his type of girl, and you didn't give a single damn about it. It just happened that,

You like to observe.

Taking a sip from your cup, you regained your focus on your co-worker, chatting you not even knowing if you're listening or not. She gave a signal that means she'll be right back, in response, you nodded and smiled.

Looking left and right you searched for the Italian,

You were annoyed so you murmured something,

"Damn it! Where the heck is that freaky Italian?" you murmured a little bit loud, but loud enough to keep it to yourself until,

"Are you searching for something ragazza?" a man with a thick Italian accent responded to your loud murmur, apparently he was the same Italian you were looking for. He was sitting right next to you drinking a glass of wine without you even noticing it.

You turned your head to see the guy who answered you, and with that , you were surprised, you almost screamed but you tried your hardest to hold your voice, you just sat there looking at the Italian you were looking for.

"Ciao ragazza, so, do you WANT something?" with a sly voice he asked you, giving a bored stare at you while sipping his wine. His green orbs staring at your face, with a slight look of disinterest and curiosity, he asked.

You were speechless, shocked and embarrassed at the same time, you don't know what to say, you can't think of any reasons you can say to him, any reasons why the heck are you looking for him, without even thinking you stated,

"no-no-no-no-no! You've got it all wrong! I-I wasn't looking for you!"

Giving a confused look the Italian guy asked "what? Are you sure ragazza? As far as I know, I'm the only Italian in this place si?"

"no-no-no-no you're wrong." You replied,

"Si, I am" he responded,

"yes you are!" nervously you replied to him

"Si, I told you" he responded lazily

"no-no I mean you were wrong!" you corrected him,

"you are confusing me ragazza." He looked at you irritated.

*coughiamcough* you coughed and simply sipped your cup to break the awkwardness.

"you have a nice voice ragazza." The Italian guy stated, not looking at you while sipping his wine.

"thanks." You said politely and sipped in your cup.

"you're cup is empty ragazza." He giggled while looking at your cup.

You didn't notice that you were sipping in an empty cup even a while ago, and again you were embarrassed.

"haha" you gave a sarcastic laugh at the Italian.

"a bit of nervous ragazza?," he smirked at you and looked away, it seemed like he was also looking for someone, so you thought that he was looking for Juliette, so you stated,

"are you looking for Juliette?" you said trying to change the topic.

"no, i left her outside, she, uh, she said that she's going to finish her work," he replied, rather lazily but it looked like he made up every word he said.

"I see," you replied, this time you're just looking at your cup.

"do you want me to buy you a drink ragazza?" he gave a sarcastic smile at you.

"what? No." You replied looking at him irritated.

"fine ragazza, you missed the chance, I don't offer other women drinks that easily you know." He stated and then took a sip on his wine.

"sorry, I don't accept drinks from strangers." You said sarcastically then you stood up, the Italian guy watched you as you stood up and as you walk away from your seat, but then he noticed that you're heading straight to the main entrance, somehow he was shocked and then quickly stood up from his seat and grabbed your arm.

"Ragazza! Wait!" he stated as he grab your arm with full force.

"Oi! What the heck do you want!" you said, looking at him irritated.

The Italian was looking at the view outside the entrance, he was looking for something or someone probably, this time he was serious and he keeps on glaring from left to right.

"where the heck are you going! Idiota!" he said with a slight loud voice, that got the attention of the people inside the bar.

"wha-what do you mean? Im going outside what does it look like dumbass!" you said while trying to let go from his grip on your arm.

This time he did not reply, he put his hands inside his pocket and got something from his pocket.

A gun

BANG! BANG!

The Italian guy shot the ceiling of the bar, still he is gripping on your arm.

"HEY! You're going to pay for tha-" you were cut-off as the Italian guy swooshed you the nearest table.

"Stay there!" he pointed at you.

You just nodded and sat under the table.

"Okay! *BANG* Listen up bastardos! This place is now under the Southern Italian mafia you got it!? *BANG*" the Italian guy protested and stepped on top of the bar counter, the people are freaking out and hiding under the table.

"This Place is surrounded! HAHA no escape! In 30 mins I will blow this fucking place with tear gas, you got it bastardos?" he said smirking.

The sound of gun shots and men running around fill the bar, inside nor outside, while the people are panicking you directed your attention to the main entrance and as fast as you could, you ran straight to the exit.

The Italian guy seemed to notice your absence and started to follow you.

"bastardo! I told you to stay fucking there!" he yelled while running up to you.

You ignored him and opened the door.

The moment when you were outside you saw a girl, with brown hair, and apparently is Juliette, who is passed out with duck tape on her mouth while tied up on the chair.

"wh-what the!" you were surprised

"Ragazza! You idiota! Didn't I tell you to stay under the table?" The Italian guy said as he comes after you.

Quickly as you could, you tried to help Juliette, but eventually, when you were about to do that, a gun was pointed to your head.

"Get your dumbass inside, ragazza." The Italian guy pointed his gun to your head as he stated.

Quickly you put your hands up and faced him, obviously you were nervous.

"woah woah put the gun down man!" you pleaded

"Not until you your ass back inside!" he yelled.

"Please! Just let us go and we won't be trouble to you guys! I-I won't call the police or anything! Just please let us go!" and yet again, you pleaded.

"Ragazza are you even listening to what am I saying?" he responded quickly

"What? Same question to you mister!" you answered.

"Just get you fucking ass back there!" he yelled as he pointed the entrance door.

"Why would I even do that? I don't want to die in a place where I work my tired ass for hours and still not getting enough salary for it!" you demanded.

"Just what I say and you and your stubborn ass won't die idiota!" he exclaimed

"I-I just don't get why the heck do you want me to go back in there!" you exclaimed

"Stop being so stubborn ragazza! Ugh I have no time for this!" he responded.

"See! You're not even answering my question! And If you don't have time for this then why can't you just leave us alone and get your own ass inside!" you exclaimed while standing up.

For a moment there you both were silent, and you stared at each other with hatred and annoyance until,

The Italian guy rolled his eyes and started walking towards you, he quickly grabbed your arm and with that, he lifted you like a sack of potatoes you tried to let go of his grip, but it was no use, you let out little swears that could elaborate your hatred. And with that he headed to the entrance while carrying you with him.

-----------------------------

As he entered, he quickly dropped you on the floor, leaving you in pain. Before you could even protest to leave, he locked the door and covered it with tables and chairs, making sure no one could leave or enter.

"Why you son of a bitc-"before you could even finish your swearing, the Italian guy cut you off with a little bit of a sweet response.

"Quiet down! You annoying ragazza! If i hear another swear coming out of your idiotic mouth i will do something that could make you shut up for good." He exclaimed.

Leaving you in silence

And with that he walked away, his hand was on his phone and he headed straight to the kitchen counters, probably he's going to take a call, but as of the moment, you're not giving a single shit. Since you don't have shits to give.

But he could tell by the look of your face that you aren't quite happy of the situation.

Well.

Obviously.

------------------

After moments of silence you thought,

What's going to happen?

Will I die here?

What about everyone?

Oh shit I forgot about Juliette.

But how am I going to escape?

What would happen If I die?

What about my sister, I can't leave her alone.

She's all I've got.

Well. Shit.

What did I do wrong? Is this my punishment for singing the damn creepy song?

I am sorry.

All I wanted is to be noticed by my boss so he could increase my salary.

Goddamn it.

Damn I am such a sinner aren't I? ((Aren't we all lmao))

Enough thinking,

I need to get out.

After moments of thinking about your life, you've manage to find a way out of this.

In with silence you let out a sigh and began to yell,

"hey Italian guy!"

You've manage to caught the attention of the Italian.

He started walking slowly towards your direction, with a blank look on his eyes, he responded,

"silence ragazza, and please,"

He knelt down to have a good look at your face, lazily he grabbed your chin to make you face him, he stated,

"Call me Lovino,"

"Lovino Vargas",

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 12.2K 53
You used to live a life of pain and sadness. One day when you ran away for your life you where saved by the Allies and the Axis. But will things get...
732 61 10
Reader-chan is a tormented private school student who needs someone to accept and listen to her. Things are about to change when she meets Luciano, w...
4.5K 251 13
Each man has a tolerance level. And if that level has been breached far too many times, one's sanity can break. Written as an attempt to understand t...
8.6K 328 20
Your small sleepy town is no stranger to tragedy, as the curse of a 300 year old Witch still looms on the lives of those who spend their lives among...