Almost Home ➳ Bellamy Blake

By Emilyharland

"I don't have anyone anymore! Do you get that? I'm alone, Bellamy and no one, not even you, can fix me!" ➳➳... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
We're Not Alone
Earth Kills
Murphy's Law - Part 1
Murphy's Law - Part 2
Twilight's Last Gleaming
His Sister's Keeper
Contents Under Pressure
Day Trip
Unity Day
I Am Become Death - Part 1
I Am Become Death - Part 2
Author's Note

Earth Skills

328 4 0
By Emilyharland

The one and only Bellamy Blake above ↑ ↑ ↑

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

We are running through the forest, well everyone else is I'm basically hoping with Monty pulling me along.

"Liz, come on!" Finn yells back at me

"I'm trying okay?" I yell back.

As Monty and I are running he trips over and falls onto the ground next to an old set of disfigured bones.

"Monty, get up. We have to keep moving!" I yell pulling him up.

As I pull him up, I hear a distant scream.

"Jasper. He's alive," she breathes.

"We have to go get him," I tell her with pleading eyes.

She nods and takes off in the direction we came from.

"Clarke, wait. Wait! Wait. Stay out of the trees," Finn tells her.

When we get back to the river Jasper is gone.

"He was right here. He was right there," I say pulling at my hair.

"Where is he?" Monty asks frantically.

"They took him," Clarke breathes.

"No," I whisper.

"We have to get back to the dropship and get some more people for a search party. He's alive and we need to find him," Clarke says turning and walking in the direction of camp. Everyone nods and begins to follow her.

As we make our way back to camp, Monty and Finn help me walk.

"How do you think people survived down here?" Finn asks me and Monty.

"They probably developed a gene that made them resistant to the radiation," I tell him. "Some people probably don't have the gene, and that's why the bones we found we disfigured. The wonders of evolution."

"She's right." I hear from in front of me. "Simple evolution," Clarke says.

We slowly approach camp to find Wells and who I now know as Murphy in a fight once again, but this time, they had knives.

"Wells! Let him go!" I hear Clarke call.

Monty and Finn slowly bring me into camp and help me stand near everyone else as Octavia stands next to us.

"Enough Murphy," I hear Bellamy says as Murphy goes to attack Wells again.

"O, you okay?" Bellamy asks rushing towards us.

"Yeah, thanks to Liz. She saved me," she tells him giving him a hug.

"Thank you," he tells me.

"Don't worry about it. I did what anyone else would do." I tell him with a shrug.

He turns to Clarke and asks: "Where's the food?"

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather.," Clarke tells him.

"What the hell happened out there?"

"We were attacked." I tell him.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells asks, limping towards us.

"Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last Grounder." Finn replies.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." I tell Bellamy.

"But the grounders will," he finishes.

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asks.

"Jasper was hit. They took him." I tell him.

"Where's your wristband?" Clarke asks him.

Wells gestures his head towards Bellamy. "Ask him."

"How many?" Clarke asks him.

"Twenty-four and counting." Murphy says strutting towards us.

"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" Clarke tells everyone.

"We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The Grounders should worry about us!" Bellamy shouts at the 100.

"Yeah!" the delinquents shout in agreement.

Well, I guess we now know whose going to be making speeches from now on.

As the 100 disperse, Finn asks us: "What do we do now?"

"We find Jasper. That's what." I tell him.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

I'm sitting by the edge of camp waiting for everyone to go find Jasper. I watch as delinquents run around the forest, truly free for the first time in their lives. I watch Clarke and Wells exit the dropship and I get up and limp towards them.

"It's not your ankle, Wells, it's you." Clarke snaps at him.

"You came back for reinforcements. I'm gonna help." Wells tells her.

"Clarke, he's right. We need him. So far no one else has volunteered," I tell her as I approach with Monty next to me.

"Monty, you're not going either," she tells him.

"Like hell, I'm not. Jasper's my best friend," he tells her.

"You're too important. You were raised on Farm Station and recruited by engineering," Clarke reasons.

"So?"

"So food and communication. What's up here, it's gonna save us all. You figure out how to talk to the Ark and I'll bring Jasper back." Clarke tells him, "Hey. You coming?" she asks.

"I'm not going anywhere, and neither should any of you. That spear was thrown with pinpoint accuracy from 300 feet." Finns tells us.

"Seriously? Are you just going to abandon him? I thought you were better than that Finn," I tell him shaking my head in disappointment.

"So what, you're going let Jasper die? That's not gonna happen. Spacewalker? What a joke. You think you're such an adventurer. You're really just a coward." Clarke says pushing past him.

I look at him and shake my head. "Jasper looked up to you, and now you're abandoning him."

"Liz, it's a suicide mission,"

"I don't care. I'm going out there and saving my friend. even if I die trying, at least, I tried. Ohana, Finn, it means family, and it means no one gets left behind forgotten. Even if you don't like it everyone here is now family and you never give up on family. Never." I tell him walking away.

As I'm walking towards Clarke, a hand pulls on my arm. I turn to find myself face to face with Bellamy.

"Yes?" I ask him.

"I just want to say thank you again for saving my sister. She's all I've got, so thank you," he tells me.

"Don't worry about it. All I've got is a small scratch, see?" I tell him showing him my leg.

He laughs at me, "yeah a small scratch, keep telling yourself that."

"Better me than Octavia, right?" I tell him.

He just looks at me, as if he's trying to figure me out, which he probably is, to be honest.

"Bellamy, I need you to come with me." Clarke's voice startles us both out of our trance.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Wells asks from behind her.

"I hear you have a gun." Bellamy pulls up his shirt to show a gun in front of a toned stomach. Damn that boys looks good.

"Good. Follow me," Clarke tells him.

"And why would I do that?" He asks with a smirk.

"Because you want them to follow you, and right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared." She tells him.

He just looks at her for a moment. "Murphy." he calls out, "come with me. Atom? My sister doesn't leave this camp. Is that clear?" Bellamy orders.

"I don't need a babysitter," Octavia protests.

"Anybody touches her, they answer to me," Bellamy threatens.

"Woah, tiger. Calm down, I Octavia can handle herself," I tell him patting him on the shoulder.

"She's not going and that's final," he says glaring at me.

I just roll my eyes and walk away.

"Are we going or what?" I call behind me.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Clarke, Wells and I are rushing through the forest while Bellamy and Murphy slowly walk behind us.

"Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart," Bellamy says pulling out his gun and waving it around.

"Seriously, Bellamy? You're just gonna wave that thing around?" I ask exasperated.

He just raises his eyebrow at me. "Scared, angel?" he asks.

I just roll my eyes at him.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." Clarke tells him.

Bellamy stops walking altogether. "As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go."

"No. You can't touch her wristband, you want one you take mine," I tell him glaring.

"What, you don't want daddy to know you're still alive?" he asks crossing his arms.

I flinch at his comment. "If I had a dad anymore, yeah, I would, but I don't," I tell him looking him straight in the eye.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Clarke pushes in front of me "The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" says.

"Brave princess," Bellamy says with a smirk.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" a familiar voice called from the tree line. I smiled as Finn walked towards.

"So you finally came to your sense I see," I told him with a smirk.

"Ohana, Liz. Ohana. You call this a rescue party? Got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me," he says gesturing Clarke over.

"Love you too!" I call as they walk away.

"Aw, come on Angel, you're gonna have so much fun with us," Bellamy says placing his arms across shoulders.

"Yeah, so much fun," I retort shrugging his arm off and walking away from him.

As I'm walking away I hear Bellamy talk to Wells.

"Guess we got more in common than meets the eye, huh?" Bellamy asks him.

"We have nothing in common," Wells snaps back at him.

"No? Both came down here to protect someone we love. Your secret's safe with me. 'course, for you it's worse. With Finn around, Clarke doesn't even see you. It's like you're not even here." Bellamy tells him.

"Bellamy can you not be a dick for once?" I ask turning around and walking backwards.

"Now why would I do that?" he asks with a smirk.

I just huff and turn back around to find myself face to face with a waterfall.

I run forward and find Clarke and Finn sitting on the bank of the river.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" I ask with a grin.

Both Finn and Clarke look down with a blush.

As Bellamy, Murphy and Wells approach I hear Murphy call out.

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?"

"We don't. Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker," Bellamy says.

'It's called cutting sign. Fourth-year earth skills. He's good," Wells acknowledged.

"He's down better than either of you so shut up," I tell them.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn suggested.

Finn knelt down and saw droplets of blood on the rocks.

My head snaps up as I hear a distant moan.

"Jasper!" I yell taking off in the direction of the moan.

"Liz! Wait!" I hear Finn yell.

I ignore him and continue towards Jasper's groans. As I come out of the trees I see

Jasper tied up in a tree.

"Oh my god," I gasp.

I hear loud footsteps behind me and a gasp from Clarke.

"We have to get him down," I say rushing forward.

As I approach Jasper, the floor beneath me falls away and a scream leaves my throat as I expected to come into contact with the spike beneath me, but it never comes. I frantically look up and I find Bellamy holding onto my wrist and looking directly at me.

"Pull her up!" I hear Clarke yell from behind him, but all I can concentrate on is Bellamy.

I see hands grab onto Bellamy's arm and I feel myself being pulled up. I fall onto Bellamy and quickly pull myself off him.

"Thank you," I breath offering him my hand and I pull him up to his feet.

"You're welcome," he replies.

"We need to get him down," Clarke says to everyone.

"I'll climb up there and cut the vines," Finn offers.

"Yeah, I'm with you," Wells says.

"No. Stay with Clarke," Finn orders and his eyes flickered towards Bellamy. "And watch him."

"You let's go," Finn calls pointing to Murphy.

"There's a poultice on his wound," Clarke observes.

"Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?" Wells asks confused.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing," Bellamy offers

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us," Finn corrects.

"Yeah, so optimistic guys. Full of rainbows and sunshine," I grumble.

Bellamy just looks at me. "What? it's true," I mumble back at him.

"Hurry up, Murphy," Finn ordered as he sliced at the thick vines holding Jasper to the tree.

Suddenly an animalistic growl filled the air. My head snapped towards the sound.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself.

"What the hell was that?" I hear Murphy call down.

"Grounders?" Bellamy asks.

The growl sounds again but much closer this time.

I look to my left and see a large cat approaching us, and it's looking directly at me.

"Bellamy, gun!" I hear Clarke yell as I'm frozen to the spot.

I see Bellamy frantically looking for his gun as the cat prepares to pounce.

I feel a body push mine to the side as I hear gunshots fill the air.

The black falls to the ground as mine and Bellamy's body do.

What is it with animals on this planet and wanting to eat me?

"Next time don't stand in front of the thing wanting to kill you," Bellamy whispers to me.

I laugh at Bellamy's comment, "You know you can get off me now right?"

Bellamy chuckles as he puts us off the ground.

I look down at the large cat in front of Bellamy and me.

"Well, I guess we've found some food after all," I say nudging Bellamy.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

As we approach camp I hear a boy call out "Hey! They're back!"

I look back and see Bellamy and Murphy pulling the panther behind them while Finn and Wells carry Jasper.

I see Monty run towards Clarke who is next to Jasper.

"Is he..." Monty trails off.

"He's alive. I need boiled water and strips of cloth for a bandage," Clarke says sharply.

Bellamy places the parachute holding the panther down in front go the delinquents and yells: "Who's hungry?"

Yells of agreement erupt within the group of teenagers.

I smile softly and go sit against the dropship waiting for the panther to be cooked.

As I'm sitting there I hear someone approach me.

I look up and realise it's Monty.

"Hey Monty, what's up?" I ask.

"I just wanna say thank you. For going to save Jasper. You didn't even really know him, but you went anyway," he tells me.

"It's like I told Finn. We're family whether we like it or not and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. You should get back to Jasper, you'll want to be there when he wakes up," I tell Monty bumping his shoulder with mine.

I watch as Monty walks away and I'm lost in my thoughts.

"Well, Angel, you did good today," Bellamy says from behind me.

I turn my head to find him standing there with some meat in his hands.

"Why thank you," I say sarcastically and I hear him sit down next to me.

"Here," he says as he gives me some of the meat in his hands.

"Thanks," I say accepting it.

"You know, you're not as bad as I thought you'd be," he tells me putting some meat in his mouth.

"What? You thought I'd be a daddy's girl who would tell everyone what to do?"

"Pretty much."

"Well don't judge a book by its cover Bellamy Blake."

"Yeah, I guess so," he says softly while staring at me as if he was trying to figure out who I really was.

I just smile at him and look up at the stars above us.

And I as I sat there next to a man who was quickly becoming a friend, I thought about what my mother use to say:

We are all lost stars trying to find our place in this confusing world, but once you find your place and your people, hold on and never, ever, let go.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳

Hey!

Here's is the next chapter!!

I hope you guys are enjoying it so far, and if you having ay suggestions please let me know.

Otherwise, I'll see you next time.

Emily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 174 16
" I'm waking up to ash and dust~, I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust~, I'm breathing in the chemicals~, I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking ou...
3.1K 61 13
Calliope Kane had the perfect life...or so it seemed. Till her mother was floated and her father managed to create a deal that got her sent to earth...
643 10 13
"I think deep down, behind your ego, you wouldn't sacrifice the camp for yourself, you would sacrifice yourself for the camp." "Karsten," I feel Bel...
28.3K 1.2K 38
❝ It was never the way she looked. Always the way she was. I could've fallen in love with my eyes closed. ❞ in the midst of a nation divided, two fr...