this was my second book

By lowjain

lmhm // rewriting // 2014 More

Love Me, Hate Me.
1: Polka Dots & Flip Flops
2: Sidewalks & Sunshades
4: Snappy Sisters & Stupid Bars
5: Make Outs & McDonalds
6: Games & Goodbye
7: Gangs & Garages
8: Hair-cuts & Hormones
9: Inspections & Investigations

3: Confrontations & Cadillacs

231 25 21
By lowjain

I had slept on the bus stop bench, with the reports hidden under my shirt.  It was now Tuesday morning and I knew I had to report back to the guys and Leah.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Keagan first.

“Dani? Where the hell are you?” Keagan shouted through the other end.

“Can you lower your voice a bit? I’m fine. Bit far from where Fred’s house is. Keenly road. I got the files. Listen, I want you to research James Green okay? I have to go now; I can spot a few cars heading over. I’ll be safe, Keagan. Don’t worry.” I whispered through the phone, ending the call before he could answer.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and started running. I knew it was the police. It was obvious from the blaring siren. If only they knew what Fred had done, he’d be the one getting chased, not me.

I didn’t stop. I couldn’t stop.

But I knew my lungs would get the best of me.

I turned around, positioned in the middle of the street, staring at the police cars. They wouldn’t kill me. Not yet.

“Daniela Harrison, put your hands up.” A police officer shouted through a megaphone.

My breath hitched in my throat and I slowly put both arms up, “I haven’t done anything wrong.” I said, loudly.

The police officer came forward and grabbed my arms, clenching them behind my back, “As far as I’m concerned, theft is very much wrong.” He said from behind me and I could tell he was grinning.

I took that as my cue to do something, “I never liked police officers. They always had bad breath.” I whispered into his ear, kicking him where the sun doesn’t shine and then elbowing him in the ribs.

I quickly grabbed his pistol and aimed it at his head, signaling for the other policemen to stop in their tracks.

“You take one more step and I will blow his brains.” I threatened, grabbing the officer from the floor and positioning him in front of me.

The officers immediately took a step back.

“Nobody has to get hurt.” The lieutenant told me.

“That’s what you said last time before you shot me in the fucking arm. But, here’s the thing, Harold, I’ve grown a lot since last time. And you know what I’ve learned? Somebody has to get hurt.” I stated before pulling the trigger and stopping the officer’s heartbeat 

I watched as the officer fell to the ground and for a moment, I felt guilty. But then I remembered my dad, and the guilt was replaced with anger.

The policemen’s faces immediately fell and in a second, countless guns were aimed at me. But, of course, I’m always one step ahead in the game because in that second, a familiar black mustang rolled up right next to me.

I quickly got in the passenger seat and Keagan drove away, ignoring the bullets making contact with his car.

“You killed him.” Keagan mumbled, pointing out the obvious.

“I had to.” I whispered back, looking out the window.

We were still in his car and as far as I know, he was dropping me home.

“No you didn’t fucking have to, Dani! You just made yourself a direct target for the whole police station. You’re supposed to get your dad back, not shoot people in the head.” He shouted, trying to keep his eyes on the road.

“Stop the car, Keagan.”

“What?”

“I said stop the car!”

Keagan looked taken aback but he stopped the car.

I opened the car door, getting out and then slamming it back shut.

He wouldn’t bother coming after me.

I knew he wouldn’t.

If there was anything that I would’ve put on my bucket list, it was to perfect a slow-motion walk down the school hallway.

But, unfortunately, that didn’t happen today since the closest I’ve been to a perfect slow motion walk was having my face planted to the floor.

“If you would’ve watched where you were going maybe I wouldn’t be making out with the floor, don’t you think?” I spat at the person in front of me.

Victor took a step back, “Uh, I’m sorry.”

None of my anger left once he apologized. That son of a brick was connected with my father’s disappearance in some way.

“You should be.” I hissed, before shoving him out of my way and walking to my locker.

Guys cannot be trusted.

Except Keagan, Cade and Daniel of course.

But screw anyone else.

“You seem pretty pissed with that Victor guy, not that I’m surprised. You seem pretty pissed with everyone.” Kara, my best friend said.

Kara was part of the cheerleading team. No, she was not blonde. She had bright red hair and an envious full figure.

“I have every right to be pissed at him. I swear if I could, I would punch his face in.” I said, bitterlyslamming my locker shut and then resting my head against it, trying to calm down.

“Whoa, what happened?” She asked, kneeling down so she could see my face.

“You won’t get it.  I’ve got English and I can’t be late. I’ll see you later, Kara.”

I pushed past a few people and made it to English. On time, fortunately.

This was the second time that we had English first lesson and I was everything but excited.

Opening the door to the class, I walked to the next-to-the-window seat and sat down.

Students started filing in and I got my notebook and pencil case out. Yeah, we still use those. 

Mr. Laverne was back and I thanked the heavens that I didn’t need to see Victor’s dumb face trying to explain Shakespeare.

My happiness came to a halt when Victor took the seat next to mine.

“Uh, did I do something wrong? You seemed pretty mad at me this morning. After Mon-“

“Listen, Victor, I suggest you forget about the whole Monday scenario. I just got back from Fre- the hospital and I don’t really need pricks like you giving me a headache, okay? So just shut it and leave me alone.” I snapped at him.

Victor narrowed his eyes in confusion and turned round, not replying.

“I’m sorry you were in the hospital,” he mumbled, “what did you get in for? Bitch overdose?” He snapped back, his voice becoming louder.

I gave him a glare and raised my hand up.

“Uh, excuse me, Mr. Laverne, Victor and I have a science project and I was wondering if you could let us work on it in the science lab? We won’t take much.” I asked, giving my teacher a sweet smile.

Victor was about to protest but was interrupted by Mr. Lavarne, “Sure, Ms. Harrison, I expect you to be back by the end of the lesson though. And please get a note from the science teacher as well.”

“Of course, of course. Come on Vic.” I forced, grabbing him by the arm and taking him out of the classroom.

“What the hell was that for?” He demanded, pulling his arm away.

I walked closer to him until our faces were mere inches away from each other.

“My name is Dani Harrison. Hear that? Harrison. And you know who has that same last name? Kyle Harrison. And you know who that is? That’s my father. So, listen to me now and listen well, I will drag you and your father down whether it earns me a detention or a bullet through my shoulder. And don’t think telling James will solve your problems because I’m a daddy’s girl and you know what? Daddy taught me well.” I whispered into his ear, a sinister smirk plastered on my face.

“Tell Mr. Laverne, there was an accident. I’ve got things to do and people to meet. I’ll see you later, Victor Green.” I said, looking him straight in the eye.

I left the poor boy speechless.

That’s the thing about me; I’m simply breath taking.

After I ditched school, I met up with a good friend of mine, Audrey.

“So, tell me, this Vic guy has something to do with your father’s disappearance?” She asked, curiously.

“Well, not him, his father but I dislike him nevertheless.” I replied, my mood worsening at the thought of him.

“So you’re going to start training?”

“I have to. James is going to have a hell lot of security and I’ve got…well, myself. I need to be invincible. Not just physically but emotionally as well. I can’t let anyone mess with my head, you know?”

“I know. How about we start right now? You’re going to need a car, right?”

I nodded, not knowing where she was going with this.

“Well, then, I want you to steal that Cadillac over there.” She stated, pointing at a Cadillac parked near a grocery store.

“I don’t have a ke-“ I argued before being interrupted.

“Excuses, excuses.” Aubrey said disapprovingly.

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards the Cadillac, getting out a knife from my back pocket to break apart the windows.

After that was done, I unlocked the door and checked everywhere for a key but no sign of luck.

Patting the ground in hope I found an old key that looked like it belonged to the car.

I shoved it into the ignition and it turned on, fortunately but not before the car alarm went off.

My eyes widened in surprise and I stepped on the paddle, driving off and leaving Audrey behind.

I sighed in relief and let my head back, giving out a loud laugh. This was probably the most exciting thing I had done in a while and boy, was I happy. Not just because of today but because I knew there was going to be a whole lot more of confrontations and Cadillacs.

 -

An action-filled short chapter, I just wanted this chapter to express how dedicated Dani is to finding her dad. It may seem like it's exaggerated but in the following chapters you'll learn more about her background and her father so, hope you stick around to see that.

I hope you enjoyed this and please vote, comment and give me feedback <3 I need it like I need oxygen.

Anyways, dedicated to Inez Vaj for being the perfect bitch she is <3

I love you, Inez.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230 53 36
Two teenagers trying to find a place in this world, a place just for themselves~
1.7K 164 40
A travel and trip vminkookxreader fic. Kya hota hai jab teen sakhiyan trip plan karti h or teen anjaane me naye rishtey ban jaate h? Kese teen ladke...
Misfit By Nivetha

Teen Fiction

9.7K 1.6K 30
Every adolescent has a crazy story to tell. Hina is no exception. At sixteen, her life is far from perfect. High school can be really demanding and...
12.5K 537 23
rewriting // 2014