The Ultimate Motivation

By blueicystar

Black and white - the two colors that contrast each other like none other. Emma and Alexis resembled those tw... More

TUM Chapter 1
TUM Chapter 2
TUM Chapter 3
TUM Chapter 4
TUM Chapter 6
TUM Chapter 7
TUM Chapter 8
TUM Chapter 9
TUM Chapter 10
TUM Chapter 11
TUM Chapter 12
TUM Chapter 13
TUM Chapter 14
TUM Chapter 15
TUM Chapter 16
TUM Chapter 17
TUM Chapter 18
TUM Chapter 19
TUM Chapter 20
TUM Chapter 21
TUM Chapter 22
TUM Chapter 23
TUM Chapter 24
TUM Chapter 25
TUM Chapter 26
TUM Chapter 27
TUM Chapter 28
TUM Chapter 29
TUM Chapter 30
TUM Chapter 31
TUM Chapter 32
TUM Chapter 33
TUM Chapter 34
TUM Chapter 35
TUM Chapter 36
TUM Chapter 37
TUM Chapter 38
TUM Chapter 39
TUM Chapter 40
TUM Chapter 41

TUM Chapter 5

697 15 6
By blueicystar

I just want to thank you guys real quick, for all of your support. Over the past week, this story has done amazing on the charts! (: So, I decided to update like 3-4 days earlier! Oh and in the beginning, Alexis thinks she's superior, compared to other people. Just wanted to point that out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Alexis ~

When we all arrived back at the cabin, Melinda's cheerful voice brought me out of my thoughts, about Zach. 

"Okie dokie. So here's today schedule. You guys have the rest of the afternoon to explore the camp. But, at 6 o' clock sharp, we are having dinner. Bed time is 9 o' clock. No whining!" 

I groaned, "Dude what the h*ll is wrong with this camp? Who even goes to bed that early?"

Of course Arlene would make people go to bed, at this time. It's called being mental.

"Excuse me?" Melinda raised an eyebrow.

I shouted a little louder this time, "I said 'What is wrong with this camp?! Who goes to bed that early?' Is there something wrong with your hearing?"

She looked a bit offended, but quickly ignored my comment. 

"Anyways, you guys have fun. Don't get lost, though!" Melinda warned.

I headed out of the cabin, not knowing what to do. It wasn't like there was much to do. 

Seeming to have forgotten my insult from earlier, the girl--who I assumed was Emma--cheerfully asked, "So what do you want to do?" 

"Dude geez. First of all, you almost scared the sh*t out of me. And second of all, I'm not your friend," I snapped.

"Okay, well I was thinking we could go for a jog. How does that sound?" Emma questioned.

"What the f*ck. Did you just ignore what I said?" I angrily said.

"Okay, let's go!" she beamed at me.

"What the h*ll is wrong with you! I didn't even agree to anything!" I exclaimed.

If people were to say that I lost my temper, right there and then, that would be an understatement. I wanted to punch that face of hers.

"Excuse me?" she asked. 

"Let's get one thing straight here. I'm not your friend, nor will I ever be," I rolled my eyes.

"Hmph!" she said, before stomping off in the other direction.

I smiled to myself. My mean facade's working pretty well.

Oh what am I kidding! I am always mean to people. It's not a facade, it's my personality. We're a package deal.

***

~ Emma ~

Jesus Christ, she didn't have to be so mean about it. And what was up with all the cussing? Doesn't she know it's not good for her?

Apparently not. 

Oh well, who needs her? I'll just go and find other people who I can befriend. 

And with that, I skipped off towards a group of popular-looking girls, near the lake.

"Hey I'm Emma, what are guys doing?" I asked, brightly. 

That seemed to have startled them, because one of them turned around and scoffed, "Who do you think you are? You can't just hang with us, when you want to."

My eyebrows crinkled up in confusion. Weren't we here to make friends and support each other? 

"I-I'm sorry," I muttered, as I walked away, my head hung down low.

I didn't know making friends was this hard. Even calculating the speed of how fast I was currently running away, with tears streaming down my face right now, seemed easier. 

***

Dinner passed by in a blur. And it was extremely scrumptious--might I add. I had some mashed potatoes, with half a turkey sandwich. Surprisingly, it filled me up completely. 

Our free time passed quickly too.  I spent most of it unpacking my belongings, since I had nothing else to do. 

Before we knew it, Melinda ordered us to sleep. And the lights soon went out.

I suddenly remembered, that Zach had told me to meet him behind the cafeteria. I have always been known as a goody two-shoes. But, I couldn't pass up the perfect opportunity to become popular.         

With that motivation, I hastily thought of a plan to escape. 

Ding! A light bulb went off in my head. I could escape, through the large window in the bathroom. It wouldn't make any noise, so it was no big deal, right?

Stealthily, I tiptoed over to the bathroom. After making sure everyone was sleeping peacefully, I headed on out of our cabin. Hopefully, no one would notice the empty lump on my bed, that was supposed to contain my body. 

***

~ Alexis ~

The bright red, flashy numbers read 9:06 PM. Oh sh*t, I have to go meet up with Zach, I remembered. I'm so screwed. How do I get out of here?

Everyone else seemed to be peacefully asleep--that's quite obvious when your counselor and your other roomates are snoring like freakin' pigs. So, I took that as my chance to leave. 

I looked around for a way to escape, but I got nothing, until I felt a breeze coming from the bathroom.

Quietly, I tiptoed over to the bathroom and found the window wide open. Aha! That's where the breeze was coming from, and this was exactly the way I could escape. Perfect, I thought.  

Half of my body was already out of the window, while the other leg was still inside. Instead of moving my foot over the window sill swiftly, I didn't raise it high enough and guess what happened?

No, I did not die--luckily. *cue the uncomfortable laugh*

My face went headfirst into the bush right in front of me. 

"Awww... sh*t," I exclaimed. But, as I realized the situation I was in, I quickly covered my mouth. Hopefully, no one heard me. 

If there were thorns in the bush, I would've been screaming for my life--punishment or no punishment. But, luck seemed to be on my side today.

Remembering the way to the cafeteria, I quietly walked in a fast motion--making sure no one was up and about, during this time.

As I made my way closer, I heard someone talking. It was probably Zach, so I ignored the voices. But then, I heard a feminine voice speak out loud, "Oh shoot!"

I quickly pressed my back up against the back wall of the cafeteria, but instead, I pressed myself against a human being. The next thing that came out of my mouth was a shriek, loud enough, to be heard from the other side of the camp--I'm guessing.

The person, who I had pushed up against the wall, turned around. With just enough moonlight, I could make out a few of the person's facial features.

Emma, I thought. 

"Emma?" I voiced.

"Who's there?" she asked, clearly frightened by my voice.

"Alexis," I muttered quietly.

She panicked, "What are you doing here?"

"Zach told me to meet him here," I snapped, "And I should be asking you the same thing."

"He told me to meet him here too. Wait you know him?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah -" Before I could say anything else, I was interrupted by a deep, masculine voice.

 "Hello there ladies."

Both of us jumped up in shock, simultaneously. 

When a few seconds had passed by, I recognized the voice as Zach's. 

I sighed in relief, "Oh my god. I thought someone caught us."

Emma agreed, "Yeah. Wait, what are we doing here?"

Zach gave us a half-smile, half-smirk and told us, "Follow me." 

Emma looked at me and gave me a confused look, that I read as 'What are we doing here?'

I shrugged. How was I supposed to know? 

He was leading us towards some kind of light. A campfire, I assumed. 

As we turned around the corner of the building, we saw people sitting in a circle, with a bottle in the middle.

***

~ Emma ~

As I saw the bottle laying in the middle of the circle of 10 or 11 people, I gasped. Uh-oh. This isn't what I think it is, is it? It better not be. 

And with just my luck, the girl who had dissed me earlier today was here. And she seemed to be smirking, right at me.

"So we're going to be starting our game of spin-the-bottle. You guys joining? Or are you guys chickens?" Zach smirked.

"Psh, me a chicken? 'Ya right. Move over pretty boy, I'm joining," Alexis said, with an ample amount of confidence.

But, me. Not so much. 

"What about you, Emma? You a chicken? Bawk bawk. Bah bawk," he said, while flapping his pretend chicken "wings."

"N-No, of course not," I stuttered, like a complete idiot.

"Then come on and sit down," Zach patted the seat right next to him. The glare the other girl kept giving me, was boring holes into my body. What was she so mad about?

I slowly walked over and sat down.

"Okay let's start. Who wants to go first?" Zach asked, as he looked around for a volunteer. 

A boy, who resembled Zach, and his good-looking features, raised his hand.

"Okay cool. Spin the bottle, Sam," he gestured to the bottle.

Sam spun the bottle, happily. Round and round it went. It landed on a guy, with dark black hair, but piercing green eyes.

"Dude no way, man! I'm not kissing him!" the guy with the black hair exclaimed.

"You know you wanna," Sam sent him a suggestive wink.

"What the h*ll Sam?" the guy glared at him.

Zach laughed, "As much as I'm enjoying this. Just spin the bottle again, man! No need to fuss over this crap."

Sam shrugged and spun the bottle, once again. Except this time, it landed on the girl, who kept sending me death glares.

Wolf-whistles came from every male, in the circle. 

"Dude man, not Melissa! She's my girlfriend," Zach said possessively.

Oh.... So, that's why she was sending me death glares. The girl was jealous. Well, now I know not to mess with her. That's for sure.

I also remember Zach messing with my feelings, from earlier. He's so dead. 

Melissa winked at him, "Baby, don't worry. You know you're the only one for me."

She then walked across the circle and started a full-on make-out session, in front of all of us.

I snorted. So much for, "You know you're the only one for me."

"Sam!" Zach whined. "Stop seducing her, in front of me! You know, I'm right here!"

They finally broke apart. While Sam was still breathless he joked, "Stop ruining the fun, man!"

Melissa sauntered back over, next to Zach, and clung onto him--as if she was about to die and Zach was her lifeline. 

***

After a couple of more rounds of disgusting make-out sessions, it was Zach's turn.

With all of his force, he spun the bottle. I was amazed, that it didn't break, with all the force he put into spinning that thing, it was like he was trying to lift a thousand-pound weight or something. 

Landing on the person to my left, I sighed with relief. Kissing Zach in front of everyone would've been quite embarrassing, especially since Melissa was still sending me death glares, every now and then. 

But, the wind decided to give it a little push, so now it landed on me. My whole body froze.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To show my gratitude, I wrote an extra long chapter, for gaining so many new fans! As you can see, I am really happy about TUM, for staying on the charts for so long! 

Please vote, comment, and give me feedback, as always. 

Thank you, you guys are the best! Peace out xoxo. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263 14 36
"I'm sending you to Summer Camp." Sometimes, there are two words that you don't want to hear. Mine is Summer Camp. At Point Lookout Summer Camp every...
531 3 12
I was sitting in my bed my arm over my eyes, my leg dangling off my bed while my other leg is on the bed. *Sigh* I breath out as I sit up correctly...
7.9K 254 15
Massie Block: Is back from England for Sophomore year along with her BFFs Alicia Rivera, Dylan Marvil, Kristen Gregory, and Claire Lyons. She got bac...
17.3K 347 51
(Cover art by me :)) ) You're the average girl, no Cinderella story here folks! You have decent grades, live with your mom and hang with your dad on...