An Awkward Autistic's Guide T...

By Divergenttwilight15

This book includes; -Tips, tricks and dilemmas. -Information on Mental Health and how to deal with it. -Info... More

Alter-Ego's
Tips on how to deal with anxiety

Random Social Skills Scenario

14 0 0
By Divergenttwilight15

You are going to a concert with a few of your friends. You are very excited; they are your favourite band and you have wanted to see them for ages. When you get to the concert there is a huge crowd and everything is very loud. Your palms get sweaty and your breathing quickens and you can feel a panic attack coming on. 

To deal with this you can:

-Leave the concert and explain to your friends (if possible), even if you may feel disappointed.

-Try to breathe and accept that the feeling won't last forever.

-Close your eyes and visualise yourself on a warm, calming beach.

-Go to the edge of the concert or find a public toilet at the concert where you can be alone, to try and calm yourself.

To prepare for this situation before it happens you can:

-Write a Social Story.

-Explain to your friends about your mental health and how it may affect you at the concert.

-Bring headphones or earplugs, if you wish to be more subtle.

-Stand closer to the back (so it's easier for you to leave if/when needed).

-If you own a stress ball you could bring it.

-If you own anything weighted or tight fitting you could wear it.

-If you have a chewy or any chewlry (chewy necklaces or bangles etc), you could bring them.

-If you have an iPod you could bring it so that you could close your eyes and listen to more calming music.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 42 21
This is the second instalment to my 3 Part series of Books about a Young Blonde Teen Girl who suddenly starts to loose control of her bladder and bow...
36.5K 812 5
Hiroki has recently discovered that the four women he once knew and loved, his girlfriend (Nao), sister (Kanoko), best friend (Ayumu), and mom (Kaede...
59.4K 2.5K 22
Story about a married couple who's life was so toxic to live in. ⚠️ !!!π—”π—§π—§π—˜π—‘π—§π—œπ—’π—‘!!!⚠️ β™‘ This story is going to contain domΔ“stic abu$e, so r...
18.4K 583 27
Unicode α€„α€šα€Ία€€α€­α€―α€‘α€›α€™α€Ία€Έα€™α€―α€”α€Ία€Έα€α€¬α€•α€²α€œα€¬α€Έα€™α€™α€™α€―α€”α€Ία€Έ α€žα€²α€„α€šα€Ί α€„α€«α€·α€˜α€α€™α€Ύα€¬α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€€α€­α€―α€‘α€™α€―α€”α€Ία€Έα€†α€―α€Άα€Έα€•α€² α€α€…α€Ία€žα€€α€Ία€œα€―α€Άα€Έα€™α€―α€”α€Ία€Έα€”...