City of Lies

By auroarus

My name is Bree Fairchild...or so I thought. I'm the princess of Colina, one small part of Valencia, but my c... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Night Journey
Chapter 2 - New Boy
Chapter 3 - Speed Racer
Chapter 4 - Forgotten Interrogation
Chapter 5 - Fate
Chapter 6 - First Day
Chapter 7 - First Incubus
Chapter 8 - Just Tired
Chapter 9 - Pure Blood
Chapter 11 - Can you keep a Secret?
Chapter 12 - Lilith's Touch
Chapter 13 - Hot Springs
Chapter 14 - Past Friend
Chapter 15 - Ex's & Oh's
Chapter 16 - Night Time Horse Ride
Chapter 17 - Past Lovers
Chapter 18 - Diva Child
Chapter 19 - Strange Guest
Chapter 20 - Dance Away the Bad Times
Chapter 21 - Thank You Raptors
Chapter 22 - No More Love
Chapter 23 - New Breed
Chapter 24 - His Mission Her Mission
Chapter 25 - Our Jacuzzi
Chapter 26 - Dead Man
Chapter 27 - Thank You, I'm Saved
Chapter 28 - His Promise
Chapter 29 - Lilith's Daughter
Chapter 30 - Running to Stand Still
Chapter 31 - I love you too
Chapter 32 - They're Back
Chapter 33 - Unlocking Powers
Chapter 34 - Final Goodbyes
THE END
Authors Note
Beautifully Broken

Chapter 10 - Morning Star

49 8 0
By auroarus

(A/N: sorry for not updating in a while! :( my phone cracked and I could barely see my screen)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Morning Star will lead the way,
Deep, down far into the right way.
The green emerald shines bright,
You can see it from a mile in the night.
Be careful because The Morning Star lies,
But if you play it right, everything will be alright.

I wake up to the same song/poem I've heard before. Thankfully my headache is gone and the pain in my legs. I look around and Chase and Lacey aren't in the room. There's a note on the night stand that reads: there's clothes in the closet. Breakfast will be waiting downstairs.

I get up feeling refreshed. Luckily I didn't have one of those weird vision dreams dreams last night. The clothes the dwarf provide are black skinny jeans, and by skinny I mean skinny, pink crop top, leather jacket and combat boots. It's not really my style but I'll take what I can get. I take the clothes into the bathroom, take a quick shower, brush my hair and teeth with a clean toothbrush the dwarfs had and head downstairs.

It's pretty warm in here so I don't put the jacket on. Instantly I look around for Chase. I find him at the table laughing with Lacey, Carter, and another girl dwarf.

He notices me walking over. "So Sleeping Beauty finally decided to join us?" He jokes and the others laugh.

I'll take that as a compliment. I smile and giggle a little. "Yeah I guess," I take a seat in between Chase and Carter.

"Here," Carter drags a plate filled with fruit and waffles to me. "And by the way this is Marisa, my girlfriend."

The small girl dwarf waves a shy wave. She's petty, black hair, golden eyes, and freckles all over her cheeks and small nose. "Hi."

I smile and wave then begin to start eating my food. I never realized that I was starving until now. Chase and Lacey continue talking and laughing about whatever it was before I came here.

"I gotta go baby," Marisa starts. "Duty calls."

"I'll walk you out," Carter starts to get up with Marisa.

I've never seen a dwarf couple, or dwarfs at all. But I have to admit, they are kind of cute together. Sometimes I wish I'd know how it feels to be loved by someone other than family. To be honest, I've never had a relationship with another guy, or my first kiss. I was supposed to marry Ethan back in Colina, but I don't want to and I'm sure he ruined those plans by now.

Chase and Lacey finish their conversation right when Carter comes back. "I found your family tree Lacey."

"Ooh yay!" She whisper something to Chase which makes him laugh then gets up to follow Carter.

Right when she leaves he turns his attention toward me. "So how'd you sleep last night?"

I swallow a blueberry. "Thankfully restful. I had no like, weird dreams so that was pretty nice."

"Well that's good."

"Can I ask you something?" I bite my lower lip because I'm kind of nervous to ask this. I've never really had a "guy friend" before because Jocelyn enrolled me in a private school for only girls. She always said it was because that's what Ethan wants but I now know Ethan only cares for my powers.

"Yeah of course."

"Are you and Lacey like a thing?" I say faster than normal. "Like I'm just wondering."

He laughs. "Uh no! She's just my best friend, well best like "girl friend,"" he does the quotes with his fingers on the words "girl friend." "Trust me we're not though. Why would you even think that?"

His laughing makes me laugh. "I don't even know," I eat a couple more blueberries. They're making my tongue turn dark purple.

He laughs a little more. "Anyway how long do you want to stay with the dwarfs?"

I finish the last waffle for my breakfast. "Um I don't know, what time is it?" I look around trying to find a clock.

He looks behind us. "An hour past noon."

My eyes go wide. I slept that long? "It's one! Oh my God! I didn't expect myself to sleep that long."

He laughs and so do I. "Why were you so tired last night anyway?"

I shrug. To be honest, I don't really know. "Probably because I healed myself. And we like walked all day then ran at night."

"Are you not used to running?"

"Yeah kinda. But I know I'm not as good as you and Lacey. I mean you guys are fast. At my school we only ran one mile every month, and my fastest mile time was eight minutes and 30 seconds."

"Bree, that's not that bad," he chuckles.

"Oh please," I say causally. "I bet yours is like five minutes."

"Five twelve actually," we both share our laughs.

Lacey and Carter come back. Lacey takes her seat again next to Chase. "Bree, you know Ethan right?"

"Ethan Wate? From Colina?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's doing a speech tonight at five and I think you'd want to see it. He mentioned Ritchers 'backstage'."

"What'd he say about them?" I ask curious. He shrugs.

"Wait hold up, who's Ethan Wate?" Chase asks looking at me, then to Carter, then back to me.

I sigh. "He was this guy I was supposed to marry back in Colina."

Shock appears on Lacey and Chase's face. Lacey speaks "whoa! You were supposed to get married and then you ran away?"

"Okay no!" I pause. "Well yeah but like I never liked him and never will! And he doesn't even like me like that."

"Then why would you have to marry him?" Chase asks.

"Because of his name, Wate. It was the highest and he and Jocelyn said that I have to marry him to keep the title of the Princess of Colina."

"Wait, you're not married though, right?" Chase asks again.

I shake my head with a disgusted look on my face. "No, but we're supposed to on the end of April, two months from now."

"Wow that sucks," Lacey says.

"I know, that's why I'm going to try and get out of it."

"Sooo," Carter interrupts. "You guys gonna stay for his speech or not?"

The three of us look at each other. "It's up to Bree," Chase speaks looking at me.

"I'm fine with staying as long as everyone else is fine with it," I say.

~*~

A pretty normal day has passed with the dwarfs. I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach when I'm around Chase. We just have to wait 30 minutes before Ethan's "big" speech. Right now I'm sitting alone on the couch resting my eyes. Lacey is doing something with a couple of dwarfs, Carters with Marisa, and I don't know where Chase is.

"Hey Bree," to my surprise it's Chase. "I want to show you something."

"What is it?" I ask opening my eyes to see his stunning eyes.

"I'll show you."

I get up and follow him to a room below the living room. I didn't know there was a floor below this one. The room isn't very big but it's filled with paintings, books, papers, and drawings.  "What is this place?" I ask looking around.

"Some collection the dwarfs have," he picks up a book a flips the pages until he gets to one specific one. "Anyway look," he points to a girl on the page.

"Is that Genevieve, the girl in my vision dreams?" I ask shocked starting at her beautiful face.

"Yep," he turns the page. "And this is Ethan."

"Dang," I say. "Hey, how did you even find this place?"

"I got bored and decided to explore this place," he shrugs putting the book away.

I look at some of the drawings and books. I gasp when I find the symbol with the 'M' in fire, and the fire in a ring.

"Are you okay?" Chase comes to my side.

"What does this mean?" I pick up the drawing. "I had a vision of this symbol before."

Chase looks at the drawing. "It means Morgenstern."

My eyes widen. "I also had a vision of like a poem of a Morgenstern. But what exactly does Morgenstern mean?"

"It's a family name," he pauses before continuing. "How did the poem go."

I tell him the poem. Carter then yells out that Ethan is about to deliver his speech. Quickly Chase and I put the thugs back and head up to the living room.

-------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: kind of a boring chapter I know :( oops! But there will be more excitement I promise!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 20.3K 27
In the world of magic there are only two options: learn control, or risk becoming the one thing everyone fears. On the anniversary of her parents' de...
862 25 24
Earth was thriving in the year 3180. The discovery of magic changed the way of the world. As the research of magic continued, people found that they...
338K 18.4K 68
Hi everyone, this is part two of my story titled "Shackled" (Book 2). The boys are big and they have their own entertaining stories to tell. Please c...
109 55 9
Lila Unwinter is not a very talented witch; she mostly has a lot of ambition, determination, and enough spite to last her a few hundred years. How e...