I Love the President's Daught...

By youngandliving

Scarlett Beaufork is the one and only daughter of the President of the United States of America. Her life is... More

Chapter 1: New Period
Chapter 2: Gardens and Greetings
Chapter 3: First Day
Chapter 4: Observations
Chapter 5: Peers
Chapter 6: Ice
Chapter 7: Popcorn
Chapter 8: Complications
Chapter 9: Driving the First Daughter
Chapter 11: Dinner with the Parents
Chapter 12: Past
Chapter 13: Truth
Chapter 14: Duties
Chapter 15: Exit
Chapter 16: Dates
Chapter 17: Ghosts
Chapter 18: Green Monster
Chapter 19: Communication
Chapter 20: Back
Chapter 21: Home

Chapter 10: Invitations

2.3K 76 3
By youngandliving

SCARLETT POV

I was eating breakfast when my dad and mom walked into the room. I wasn't surprised to see my mom because she often joined me for my breakfast, but it was a change to see my father, he was always so busy. It was Monday so I only had a little time before I had to leave for school. 

"Morning Scarlett." mother greeted, taking a seat, a steaming cup of coffee in her hands. She was dressed very neatly as usual, her long blonde bob clipped in a bun, and she was dressed in black slacks and a emerald green shirt. "Hey baby," Dad greeted, kissing me on the cheek before sitting down next to me. 

"Daddy, what are you doing here? Mondays you're always busy." I pointed out. He nodded, "Yes, and I have a meeting soon, but your mother and I wanted to talk to you first." He said, looking at mom who nodded. I couldn't help but feel a little nervous, gulping and nodding. "So we know you've been spending a lot of time with Kent's nephew,' Dad started, "Calum." I interrupted. "Calum,' he nodded, "And we want a chance to really meet him. I know your mother had a brief chat with him when he first arrived at the garden party, but we want a chance to sit down and talk to him, get to know his intentions." I rolled my eyes at this and my dad's overprotectiveness. "We want you to invite him over to dinner for tomorrow night." Mother finished. 

"But, it's so short of notice, I think he might be busy." I lied, trying to find an excuse to get out of an awkward dinner. "That's true." My father said, and I almost let out a sigh of relief when my mother interjected, "That's why it is a good thing we've already checked and cleared the whole thing with Kent." She said, the two of them smirking. 

When I got to school, Calum was at the other side of school working on something for Spanish class. I hadn't seen him yet today because he had to get into school early. 

Later in the day I finally found him at his locker and I popped up beside him. "Hey you!" I said to him cheerfully. Calum smiled and leaned down, pecking me on the lips. "You're awfully cheerful today." He commented as you headed down the hallway. "Well I have something to ask you." I started. "Okay, shoot." He said. 

"My parents wanted to know if you'd come to dinner tomorrow night." I said nervously, peeking up at him. "Wha-what?" He asked. I looked sweetly at him, "My parents want to meet you and get to know you." I shrugged. 

Calum was quiet for a moment so I squeezed his large arm, "Please Cal. It would mean so much to me. And they'll love you!" I promised. "Okay. I'll be there." He said. "Thank you!" I said appreciatively, leaning up on my tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek before I bounced off to class. 

--Break--

The next evening, Calum and Kent came over right on time. Calum looked really handsome with his hair gelled and a navy blue suit. He blushed awkwardly, and I returned the blush. "You look gorgeous." He complimented, looking down at my shot blue dress. "Thank you, you look very handsome." I told him. 

Kent took the lead to the dining hall and as if part of habit, he held the door open for me. I stepped through and behind me I heard Calum whisper, "Shit.". I looked up at him and noticed his face had been completely blanched. There sat two people I had never seen before, and if reading my mind, Calum said, "Those are my parents".  

AN: So sorry for the delay and the short chapter! I just wanted to get something up. Life has been crazy lately!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 51.5K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...
2.3K 91 34
"I know who you really are Scarlet" he said with that stupid smile across his face. "You dont know anything about me, so why dont you run along to th...
215K 4.8K 36
He's dangerous. He's hot. He's older. And he wants me to run away with him. *~*~* Charli Temple is a good girl. She has good grades, her parents lov...
554 6 13
(The title of this book has changed from Love Has Choices to A Tragic Story of a Black Woman.) This book is dedicated to my niece and her daughter. *...