Good, Not Perfect Lesbian Sto...

Od WeWillC

Agent Baker is all too familiar with taking lives. Her line of work has forced her to compartmentalize her li... Viac

I Don't Eat
Chocolate Mousse Calling My Name
The Post Office
The Package Room

New Skin

11.9K 503 80
Od WeWillC

05: New Skin

Jane found herself sitting again in front of Agent Foster. He sat reviewing Agent Couch's evaluation, occasionally looking up in thought and consideration.

"Agent Baker," he said, setting down the file. "It seems you have passed your evaluation with flying colors. Agent Couch had a couple of minor concerns but I don't think they will impact you for this assignment." Agent Foster's words hung in the air as if he wanted to impress upon Jane that her responses during the evaluation might impact her future with the Post Office.

Jane returned a confident and steady gaze. "I understand Agent Foster. What are the details of the next operation?"

Agent Foster slid a thick file over to Jane. She opened the cover to review the first few operational pages that would give a broad overview of her assignment. The first page included five different glossy, color photographs of the same woman. Jane studied them closely as Agent Foster spoke.

"You're looking at Fiona Donovan. She's the only child of Dr. Colin Donovan, a Molecular Biologist and founder and CEO of Micropath, a privately held technology and research company specializing in discovering therapeutic products for the treatment of viral infection."

Ms. Donovan had honey brown hair with red highlights that fell into her back. By anyone's measure, she was a beautiful woman. Her soft, muted green eyes looked thoughtful and childlike at the same time. Ms. Donovan was dressed in every photo in classic and elegant clothes that made her look older than 28. Jane thought that she looked like a kid that had to grow up too fast. As Jane's eyes moved from one photo to the next she examined the glossy paper trying to "read" the woman. Jane shifted her eyes up to Agent Foster and concentrated on his debriefing.

"It is estimated that the worldwide market for antiviral drugs could pass $20 billion in the next year. The company currently has several licensed antiviral drugs and many more patents and proprietary licenses pending."

"Ms. Donovan graduated from Duke University in Durham four years ago with degrees in Anthropology and Cultural Sociology. She went to work immediately for the philanthropic branch of her father's company and is now involved in the company's fundraising efforts for their charitable endeavors in developing nations."

"Those include clean water projects, health education, and mobile clinics in Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia. Ms. Donovan takes meetings with donors, helps to organize events, and is the face of Micropath Global Charities."

Jane glanced back down through the pictures but the film had not given her any more insight into the young woman's nature. Jane was pragmatic and skeptical. She wondered how much of this image was shaped for the young woman and carefully planned out in photo opportunities and social media posts.

"In the last month, we have received two important pieces of intelligence. One is there has been chatter on the black markets of a Micropath antiviral treatment for a virus that does not yet exist anywhere in the world. Two there has been an unusual amount of communication regarding both Dr. and Ms. Donovan's movements and itinerary." Jane nodded at Agent Foster as he pushed forward.

"Our analyst's best guess at this point is that a terrorist cell is maneuvering to attain the virus and the antidote and either weaponize it or create a global crisis that will benefit them fiscally in 100s of millions of dollars. As you can imagine, our world is not ready for the economic and social catastrophes of another global pandemic."

"We are unsure what Ms. Donovan's role is in this. She could be involved, but that seems unlikely. She could be in danger but that too is unclear at this point. Right now this is a reconnaissance operation."

"Sir, why aren't both Dr. Donovan and his daughter currently under surveillance with protective duties?"

"Currently they are under level 3 surveillance, public appearances only. Both of them have their own private details but as you know ex-military isn't always the best option, civilians don't understand that. At this point, the chatter is on our radar, and our analysts are continuing to data-mine and look specifically for intelligence regarding this matter. We feel that the threat is not imminent and the risk to their personal wellbeing is worth the possible intel on the terrorist cell. We don't want to show our hand just yet."

"How will I engage the asset?" Jane imagined that there could be complications with the current security detail.

"Right now Ms. Donovan has a long-time driver, ex-military, and one full-time bodyguard, a recent hire through Knight Securities Firm. At events and public appearances, "Mr. Smith" coordinates with additional security. We've done some digging on Mr. Smith from KSF and it seems he has some unusual activity and is likely addicted to painkillers. His company will receive this information in the morning and he will be removed from duty. At that time our security firm will notify KSF that their services are terminated and they are to cease and desist all communications. We will simultaneously notify Ms. Donovan's driver that they are sending over a replacement from a highly recommended firm to interview within the hour." Jane nodded, processing the very tight timeline. "We will impress upon him that she will be meeting the absolute best. You will meet with Ms. Donovan within 45 minutes. At that time you must convince her that you are the best option for her security. Agent Baker?" Agent Foster broke her train of thought.

"Yes sir?"

"You will also double as a personal assistant so we gain access to her public and private business as quickly as possible. William from tech will outfit you with everything you'll need. Any request that she has will come through the Mailroom. You will have full support. You should be able to meet all her requests in a timely manner. At this time we will hold off on internal surveillance systems. Both Dr. Donovan's and Ms. Donovan's residences and offices in D.C. and in New York are swept at random two times a week by independent security firms specializing in counter-surveillance solutions. Biomedical research is big, big, business and corporate espionage are common. We will be relying on you to gather as much data as possible."

Agent Foster slid a large manilla envelope across the table. "Here's your skin. Review her file, review your skin, it's not a stretch for you this time. See William before you leave." Agent Foster stood up and left without another word.
----

Jane returned to her desk and began to review Ms. Donovan's file. There were no surprises. She stands 5'8", brown hair, green eyes, she had a heart murmur as a child but is now otherwise healthy. She was a Dean's List student at Duke, she participated in the university chapter of Advocates for World Health, she spent her summers working for her father's company. She has had a couple of publicized relationships with young socialite men in Washington D.C. but nothing seemed to develop.

Jane's skin read very much like her own background. Whenever possible, maintaining threads of truth in a skin was beneficial. She would use her current surname but go by Ms. Baker, not Agent. Her schooling at the Naval Academy would be unchanged, her four years in the military were classified, and for the past three years, she's been working for the U.S. Ambassador Belgium. Jane made a mental note to brush up on her Dutch that evening. Jane inventoried the contents of the envelope. Company I.D., driver's license, passport, two credit cards, cash. She got up and walked to the back of the mailroom to get outfitted by William.

"Hello Agent Baker," William smiled as she approached, "we're all set for you."

"Thank you, William, I'm ready. What have you got?"

"Here's your smartphone. The favorites are already programmed with direct lines to us "PO1914," the driver, "Reggie," both residences and offices Washington D.C. and New York, and Dr. Donovan's cell and Ms. Donovan's Cell. We've data-mined her most common and recent acquaintances, there aren't that many, and entered them as well. Once the current bodyguard is terminated notify us immediately and we will schedule the locks at the residences and offices to be reprogrammed."

Jane nodded as William continued. "Consider us your concierge, I can't imagine that we wouldn't be able to meet any of her requests or demands in a timely manner." William handed Jane four small jewelry boxes from Tiffany and Co. "These are two cable chain bracelets and two cable chain anklets, one each in silver and one each in gold. They are delicate, quite beautiful, and also 'panic buttons.'"

"If Ms. Donovan rips any of these off her body we get an immediate signal on all four pieces. We will track the location of the originating signal within 3 feet and we will also simultaneously track any movement among the remaining 3 pieces. That data will be sent to your cell device as well. I suggest you have her wear these in sets when she's attending events. It would help us if you notify us which pieces she is wearing before you head out. We have had an occasion in which an asset was lost because their tracking device was in their clothing and they were stripped down before they were moved from the extraction point." William paused, "We do of course have the injectable tracking technology if you think they are viable options."

Jane hesitated for only a moment, "Not this time William."

"Noted. Stop by the range today to pick up your weapons of choice. Contact us if you have any questions. Good luck Agent Baker."

"Thank you, William." Jane left for the weapons range to pick up a Sig Sauer P238 semi-automatic handgun. It is a light minimal gun with stopping power that can easily fit into a handbag or small holster, even wearing more form-fitting attire. She fired 500 rounds while she was at the range breaking the gun in. She also picked up a 4-inch government-issue tactical knife and sheath that she could easily conceal around her upper thigh.

Jane returned to her house and carefully selected professional but also attractive attire. She would have to make a read immediately on Ms. Donovan to determine what her comfort level was with regard to professional women. Jane understood well that she could be unsettling and she developed a skill set that helped her to diminish or highlight her presence. The key for her was always balance. Her ability to detect nuance and adjust accordingly was exceptional. Now all she had to do was convince Ms. Donovan that there was no choice to be made.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

41.2K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 {𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝} As model and influencer...
181K 7.2K 55
[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life. She flashes her smile to the world, but...
919K 5K 18
Warning Rated R+, otherwise anyone can read the book. ✨PSA👀 : THIS BOOK IS FICTIONAL, NOTHING IS THIS BOOK APPLIES TO ANY OF THE CHARACTERS USED IN...
1.8K 135 13
Seven years have passed since Cooper and Heather last saw each other. Cooper left for the Army and Heather went to study at Stanford University and t...