The Step-Brother

By medina_ily

Jade hates her new stepbrother, Zach, but things turns for the worst when she suddenly becomes attracted to h... More

Chapter 1:Confrontation
Chapter 2:Decepcion
Chapter 3:Coworkers
Chapter 4:He doesnt like me.. does he ?
Chapter 5:Museums can be FUN !
Chapter 6:What a Yummy Mess
Chapter 7:What a Yummy Mess part 2
Chapter 8: A plan is born
Chapter 9:Going of topic
Chapter 10: An agreement,sort of?
Chapter 12:Dreams,Questions&Secrets
Chapter 13:Truth be told!
Chapter 14: No interruptions!
Chapter 15: Meet the dysfunctionals
Chapter 16:Thanksgiving Day.
Troubles a Foot!
Chapter 18: Oh hell!
Chapter 19: Nothing More
Chapter 20: Time for us
Chapter 21: He didnt just say that!
Chapter 22: We're Okay
Chapter 23: Winter Vacation!
Chapter 24: Are we there yet?
Chapter 25: Sleeping Arrangements
What a Night!
Chapter 27: Christmas Eve PART 1
Chapter 28: Christmas Eve Part 2
Last Chapter!

Chapter 11: Road trip

16.5K 370 49
By medina_ily

"Need any help?" Zach said, walking towards the distressed Jade. She was currently carrying a very heavy suitcase out of the townhouse, slowly.

"Why does a guy think whenever a woman is struggling with something, that she obviously needs their help?" Jade asked. Grunting she lifted the suitcase off the first step and moved it to the second. 

"I think that's called being a gentleman!" Zach said, watching her pick up the suitcase again, moving it to the next step.

"Gentleman my ass, you just think I'm helpless."

Zach sighed. "I'm not going to argue with you. If I am correct that's your last bag, so I'm going to make sure everything is cut off in the house." Zach passed by Jade and walked into the townhouse. Jade stood up and stretched feeling a little pain in her back. She looked at the suitcase at her feet and sighed. Even though it was a bitch packing she couldn't wait to see her mother again and to go home!

The previous day when Jade found out she would be leaving she had told Olivia about not being able to accompany her on Friday night. Olivia was already upset, because of the hickey incident, so it wasn't all that shocking when she threw a tantrum. And that made Jade change her mind about telling Olivia about Josh. Thank goodness she would get away from Josh for a while; she definitely needed to get rid of some stress. 

"I can't believe you even suggested doing this?" Jade yelled, looking at the curb. She stared at the gold-colored Yukon Denali that was behind Zach's motorcycle. Jade bent back over to pick up the suitcase again, as Zach came out. 

"What's so unbelievable?" he asked, locking the door.

"You rented a car and got me to join you on a road trip!" Jade said. She finally got the suitcase to the end of the steps and wiped her forehead. 

"My motorcycle is ok, but how would we be able to take all our stuff?" Zach asked, moving beside Jade. "Besides, it'll be fun. Who can say they drove from California to Texas in two days? Think of it as an escapade."

"I've never done anything like this before! Leave it up to you to not want to be ordinary and take a plane or a train. Ow!" Jade yelped when the pain in her back became too much for her. Jade placed both hands on her hips and bent backwards.

"Here," Zach said, grabbing the suitcase with ease. He lifted it onto his shoulders and carrying it to the trunk of the car. "There you go," he said after closing the trunk of the car. 

Jade held her back and shook her head. "Thanks!" she said walking to the passenger side of the car.

"Your welcome. Are you all ready to go? I would like to at least get out of California and Nevada, before we have to stop at a motel for the night." Jade slammed her door and buckled up, looking at him do the same.

"I'm ready," Jade said with a huff. She watched Zach turn on the car and pull out into traffic. For as long as she had known Zach, she never once witnessed him drive an actual car, so this was quite a treat to see him drive. It seemed like he was a little bit uneasy driving the big car, but two hours later he had loosened up. They had listened to music for a while, soon after though, music became unbearable and it was turned off. 

Finally, Jade had rid herself of the constricting seat belt and took off her shoes, stretching out. She reached to the back seat and grabbed a bag, bringing it to the front.

"What's that?" Zach asked glancing quickly in her direction. 

"It's got my stuff in it!" Jade told him.

"I thought all your stuff was in that big suitcase?"

"It is, but I put some things that I could work on in this bag," Jade told him. She stuck her hand inside and pulled out Zach's book along with the glasses he'd bought for her. Zach chuckled lightly when Jade put the glasses on and got comfortable in her seat. 

"So you do read garbage?" Zach asked, slightly eyeing her.

"This isn't garbage…anymore," Jade responded, flipping the book open to where she last left off. 

"You like it!?" Zach asked sounding surprised.

"I like it. It intrigues me with the whole soon-to-be affair with Lora and Terrence. Lora's character makes me think of myself," Jade began. "I've fallen in love with her character so much that I think I'm going to be upset when the story comes to an end. Even though, I have about six hundred more pages left." Jade smiled at the pages of the book and looked back at Zach.

"Once it comes down to it, I understand what you mean about relating to the characters," Zach admitted. He glanced at his watch and then focused back on the road. "A writer sometimes uses characteristics of people he or she has been around. Sometimes, we even use ourselves as examples!"

"So, what character are you?" Jade asked, taking her glasses off.

"I didn't…"

"I bet you're Terrence…aren't you?" Jade softly asked.

Zach smiled. "How did you even guess?" Jade put the book and glasses back in the bag, throwing it behind her. "I thought you were going to read?"

"Decided not to," Jade said subtly. "It's really uncanny that Terrence reflects you."

"But, how did you know?" Zach repeated his question.

"Because Terrence's character has the same sense of mind, lack of communication skills and cluelessness as you do," Jade joked. Zach eyed her suspiciously and scoffed. "Ok, all jokes aside. I don't know how I knew, but I just did." 

"That's nice to know!" Zach said, making Jade blush and she looked out the window. "Fuck," Zach muttered outloud.

"What is it?" Jade asked.

"The car needs gas."

"I saw a sign not so long ago that said a Texaco was nearby," Jade pointed out. "There right up that exit ramp." 

Zach didn't hesitate to follow the ramp upward. Glancing around he finally spotted the gas station and pulled in. 

"I'm going to fill her up. Do you want anything?" Zach asked as he jumped out of the car.

"Hmmm…no thank you, but thanks for asking," Jade answered. The car shook when Zach slammed his door, making Jade smile. She opened her car door, letting her leg feel the air. Feeling a bit bored and restless Jade slipped on her shoes and got out of the car. A whistle was directed at her when she stretched. She looked calmly around, noticing a big greasy trucker looking guy staring at her. He was wearing a gray dirty shirt, sitting on a chair in front of the store. Jade grimaced when he winked at her and moved to the front of the car, sliding her hands over the car's paint job. She walked slowly to the driver's side of the vehicle and noticed Zach's back to her, as he filled up the gas tank. She glanced around her surroundings, to see if any was watching, and then swiftly walked behind Zach.

Jade snickered to herself as she stood on her tiptoes and blew on the back of Zach's neck. She covered her mouth and jumped back when he swiped at the back of his neck. She raised her hand to his ear and plucked it. This time Zach used his shoulder to smooth over his ear. Jade heard and click and followed behind Zach when he took the gas pump out of the tank. After, Zach had finished putting the pump back in he took out his wallet, taking out his credit card. Biting the side of her lip, Jade traced her finger on the back of his neck lightly. Zach jerked his head foreward and turned around, catching Jade off guard.

"I didn't do anything," she said raising both arms up in the air. 

"I thought you said you didn't want anything?" Zach asked, raising his eyebrows. He finished paying and crossed his arms across his chest looking at her questioningly.

"Just had to stretch," Jade said rubbing the back of her ear. "It gets hard on the body to just sit in one spot for about five hours." 

"Yea, well let's go, we've got a long way to go. We're almost out of Nevada."

"Really? Wow, maybe I should drive and give you a break," Jade recommended. 

Zach licked his lips and kicked at the ground lightly, causing dirt and dust to become airborne. "I can drive the rest of the way out. The map says it's not that long till we hit Arizona." 

"Do you not trust me to drive?" Jade asked.

"I trust you, I just picked a spot where we should spend the night and I didn't draw anything for you to follow. That's all!" Zach assured her. Jade turned on her heels and walked back to her side of the car. She eyed the greasy guy still sitting on a chair when he gave her another whistle.

"You want some of this darling?" he asked rubbing his beer belly. 

"No thank you," Jade replied and cringed when he responded by licking his lips. "Oh god!" Jade grumbled to herself, opening her door and getting in. 

"What's up?" Zach asked her when he noticed her disgusted look.

"Ugh, that guy out there was harassing me."

Zach leaned over her to take a look at the guy. "Him?" Zach pointed. Jade nodded her head and sighed.

"Disgusting isn't he?" Jade said. She looked over at Zach to notice he was…gone! The next thing she knew her door flew open and Zach grabbed her wrist. "Zach...Zach! Where are you taking me?" Jade complained. Finally, she jerked her wrist from him, looking up to notice she was standing a couple of feet from Mr. Greasy, who was still sitting in the chair.

"Sir, I would like you to apologize to this woman," Zach demanded. 

"Is this your woman?" the guy chortled, nasally.

"I am not his woman," Jade mocked the guy. "Zach let's go."

"We aren't going until he apologizes for harassing you!" Zach told her, and then focused his attention back on the guy. "Now, apologize!"

The guy chuckled and blew his nose on his shirt. "Mister I ain't apologizin' for nuthin!" the guy said, giving a snort. 

"Ok," Zach said calmly. He balled his right hand up and in one quick move he punched the big guy powerfully. He yanked the big guy out of the chair and threw him on the store door. "I want you to fucking apologize to the lady, before I get really mad fat-ass!" 

"I'm sorry!" the guy sputtered out, blood trickled down his nose.

"You're sorry what!?" Zach said thrashing the gut on the door again. The light, which was on above the door, flickered from the powerful force. 

"I...I...I'm sorry ma'am," the guy said loudly. Zach let the guy's collar go and backed away, grabbing the shaken up Jade's hand. He pulled her to the car and moved to the other side of the car. When Jade got in the car she fumbled with the seat belt. She looked back at the gas station in her side mirror, as they drove away into the night.

Neither one of them spoke to each other the rest of the way out of Nevada. Jade couldn't believe that Zach had fought a guy! And what for…her! This was the second time he had fought for her wasn't it? The car came to a stop suddenly and a flashing sign read: Motel. 

"I'm going to go in and sign us up, so here are the keys. You can go and get what you need for tonight out of the trunk. Your suitcase is right there when you open up it up," Zach said softly.

"Wait," Jade said. She looked at him and gave him a soft smile. 

"What?" Zach asked. 

"You really slugged that big guy!" Jade laughed. It started off as a stifled giggle, but she could hold it in. Zach smiled and laughed with her. "I mean you aren't like one of those muscle bound guys, but you picked him up as if he didn't weigh anything!"

"Hey! I work out, but I must admit," Zach said getting out of the car. "That guy had a jaw. Because that hurt like hell!" he said, cracking his knuckles. 

"I bet it did!" Jade finished laughing out. She watched Zach leave off into the motel building and squeezed the keys in her hand. She went to the trunk and found her suitcase. She picked out a toothbrush and a pair of clothes for the next day. She stopped and began to bit her nails, as she looked at the sleepwear. It was either the lingerie nighty….or the two piece Pj outfit.

"I got a room for us!" Zach yelled, making his way back to the car.

"Ok!" Jade yelled back and reached for the Pj outfit.

"Got your things?" Zach asked, placing his hand on the trunk. 

"Yep!" 

"Our room is number 11, so let's go and get settled in." Jade nodded her head and clung her things to her body shyly. She got back in the car along with Zach and they parked in front of their room. "I'm going to get something for us to eat, why don't you get comfortable. What would you like to eat?" Zach said giving her the room keys.

"Whatever you get will be ok. But, don't take long," Jade told him. She got out of the car and watched Zach drive away. 

Turning around Jade slowly opened the motel door. She had expected a run down, ugly wallpaper, dripping faucet kind of motel in the inside, but she was wrong. It was very spacious, with vibrant colors off of the walls with two beds in the middle of the room. A television sat diagonal from the beds and a window was in the back of the room. Jade closed the door and walked to the closest bed, falling face foreward on it. The bed sunk in and she sighed at the way it caressed her body. Jade flipped around and sat up, looking solemnly down at her things. She didn't really feel like showering, but she picked up her Pj's and walked to the bathroom. 

Jade walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. It was just a precaution if Zach got back and got a little curious. She blushed at thinking he was or could do something so lecherous, but he could be so unpredictable sometimes. She turned the water on, testing to get the right temperature, then stripped off her clothes and got in.

"'…When we make love all night, when we make good love all night, when we make love all night and we can make love…'" Jade sung Avant's Makin' Good Love song, as she got out the shower. "'…In the tub in the pool on the beach babe…" She dried her body off, tying her hair back with a rubber band. She hummed a little bit of the song, not hearing a door close in the distance. After, shimming in her Pj outfit she cleaned up the rest of her stuff, balling it in her hand stuffing it under her arm. She opened the door and slowly danced to her bed, throwing her things down on it. She swayed her hips to the music in her head. "…Girl I love it when you're on the floor. Girl I love it when you're on the couch…"

"'Yes, I love it when you're in the kitchen'," a deep voice joined her. Big, masculine hands rested on her hips and she froze. "'I love it when I'm downtown, when you go down, when you're all around. Yes, I love it baby." The guy nuzzled her neck, giving it a soft kiss. "I didn't think you would be the type to listen to that song!"

Jade twirled around, looking up at Zach. "I've heard it once or twice, way back when it was so popular."

"Hmmm….it's so suggestive don't you think?" Zach said, giving her serious look.

"Not that suggestive." Jade walked to her bed and sat on the edge of it. "What did you get to eat?"

Zach moved over to the TV and picked up a Burger King bag. 

"You got burgers?" Jade asked curiously, crossing her legs.

"What? You don't like burgers?"

"I like them. I was just asking!" Jade responded. Zach threw her a bag and she openly caught it, reaching in to grab the contents. She watched Zach sit on the other bed, as he eyed her. She took a bite of her burger, feeling him watching her. "What?"

"I've never seen you wear Pj's before," Zach said casually. Jade blushed and looked down at her, blue and white striped, Pj outfit. 

"Yea so?"

"You…you…" Zach slowly said. He got off his bed slowly walking toward her. Jade felt a bit of uneasiness when he touched her hair and pulled off the rubber band that held her hair. He smiled boldly, moving strands of her hair onto her shoulder. "Look so sexy… now!"

"What's the agenda for tomorrow?" Jade asked, biting into her burger again. Trying to think of something else besides the way his touch sent goosebumps down her body.

"I'm going to drive till we hit Texas and hopefully you will be able to show me the way. I really think if we get up around six we can make it before late." 

Jade looked at the clock on top of the TV. "It's 12:34 a.m. now. I say we can do it." 

"Alright then!" Zach said in compliance. He stood up and walked to the bathroom.

"Goodnight Zach!" Jade told him. After, munching down the rest of her burger she threw the wrapping away and slipped into bed. The bathroom door came open a couple of minutes later, as Zach came out. Jade sat up looking over his form. His hair was matted, while his boxers hugged his lower body closely and he was dripping wet. "What?" she asked urgently, clinging to the sheets. He walked over to her side bending down to kiss her tenderly on the forehead.

Zach smiled, after the kiss. "I forgot to say goodnight to you!" He walked back to the bathroom, closing the door. Jade smiled, sweeping her fingers over her forehead. Jade wanted to wait up for Zach to come out the shower, but her will power wasn't so strong and she fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 379 13
Hunter is 10 years old he is forced to move with his abusive mom to live with his step dad and step brothers. He has a secret that no one knows but h...
26.8K 847 14
Johnnie has had difficulties with bullies, his dad's death, and his ex. Things happen and become to much for him. He does something terrible then rea...
30.7K 501 26
When Lauren is forced to go on the magcon tour with her twin Nash she hates everything about it. But when she starts to fall for one of the boys the...
7.4M 241K 67
Kali has to live with her moms new boyfriend and his five sons. Kali tries her best to fit in but living with five boys is really tough. Definitly wh...