Lonely Nights and Sweet Talki...

By spookyAwsten

Alan is a small, secretive ginger who seeks comfort from his best friend, Kellin, whenever things get tough a... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five [FINAL]

seven

1.4K 91 3
By spookyAwsten

I groaned softly, pulling the covers that were wrapped around me over my head more as I buried my face in the soft pillow. My head was pounding and my stomach was hurting so much. I actually felt like I was hit by a bus, a very large and heavy bus that plowed me over multiple times. How did people enjoy drinking when they knew that this was going to happen to them? What was so enjoyable about waking up the next morning with the worst headache known to mankind? I knew for a fact that after last night, I was never ever drinking that much again.

After a few minutes of laying there, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep, no matter how much my head was killing me and that queasy feeling in my stomach, I just couldn't seem to get back asleep. I sighed and slowly sat up in the bed I was in. Thankfully the curtains were drawn back but they let in just a little bit of light that allowed me to look around. Obviously this wasn't my room nor was it Kellin's. I was either still at Aaron's or someone decided to take a high school ginger boy home with them. I prayed that it was the first one.

The door to the bedroom opened slowly as a head peeked from around it. I frowned, noticing it was Austin. This was technically all his fault that I was feeling this way. He was the one who coaxed me into having a drink, but really, the rest of it was my fault, but he was the one who started it.

"How're you feeling?" He asked, stepping further into the room and closing the door behind him. I saw that he held a glass of water and a bottle of headache medicine.

"How do you think?" I muttered, watching as he shrugged before handing me the glass. He popped open the cap to the bottle of pills and pushed two onto his hand and gave those to me. I took the two and drank most of the water. Austin was sat on the edge of the bed, looking at me. His hair was a mess and he looked as if he had just woken up himself. It was actually really cute with how he looked, but deep down inside me I felt like I should be mad at him for whatever reason.

"So, where am I?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. Austin ran fingers through his hair and cleared his throat.

"Still at Aaron's, just in the guest room. You passed out on the couch after you stormed off on me." He said, I looked at him confused.

Then bits and pieces of a few things that happened last night. I danced with him, got mad at him and threw what would seem like a tantrum, I guess. I sort of felt bad but then again I didn't. I was drunk, I had no control over my emotions, and most importantly, he should have just let me continue drink.

"Oh, um," I didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry, I guess?"

He chuckled and shook his head, running his fingers through his hair again. He really needed to not do that, it made him look really, really...sexy.

"Don't worry about, I'm just glad you've finally learned how to loosen up a bit, and now I know what you're like when drunk." He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Anyways, is Kellin still here?" I asked. He gave a shrug.

"More than likely," he told me. "But if not, they're probably at Vic's parents house which is just down the street from here."

I nodded and pushed myself back further under the covers. I suddenly felt tired again. Austin seemed to notice and stood up.

"Do you want any breakfast?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, but thanks...I'm going back to sleep." I told him and snuggled up further under the covers. He smirked and opened the door.

"Sleep tight Princess." He said and winked before leaving. I rolled my eyes and grinned, curling up under the sheets and calling asleep once more.

。。。

I didn't want to do it. I was afraid of what was going to happen if I did. Here I stood, on the front porch of Aunt Melissa's home with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. My hangover had long subsided by now. I didn't go to school today and I'm sure Aunt Melissa was bouncing off the wall, trying to contact me seeing as I didn't come at all last night and I was out and about without answering my phone, which had died sometime last night. I knew I was in for hell when I opened that door, if I even did. I was still contemplating.

But the answer was made for me when the door opened and Aunt Melissa stood there, her face red with anger and her chest rising and falling as if she was holding it all in. Aaron had dropped me off and was still sitting in the driveway, but as soon as Aunt Melissa grabbed my wrist and yanked me into the house, he drove away.

"Here in the hell have you been?!" She shrieked loudly making me wince. "I've been calling you all morning! Where is your phone?! Did you even take it with you to wherever the hell you went last night! You have one minute to explain yourself or so help me I'll...I'll..." she huffed and shook her head. "Expalin. Now."

I sighed and slouched, staring at her. I couldn't tell her that I went to a party and got drunk. I did tell her that Kellin and I had gone to the movies last night, but obviously I was going to have to add on more to that.

"After the movies we went back to Kellin's boyfriends house and hung out there. We lost track of time, my phone ended up dying and we slept there." I explained to her. She crossed her arms and stared at me intently before a moment passed and she sighed again, dropping her arms.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was? You're still a kid Alan, and I know you can be trusted but that still doesn't make it okay for you to be out all night, especially when you have school the next morning." She told me.

"I know, I know," I muttered, rolling my eyes. "It won't happen again." She nodded and gave me a small smile. Neither of us said anything else so I took that as my opportunity to go upstairs. I went into my room and walked over to my bag, taking out clothes. I still smelt like alcohol and somewhat like marijuana. It wasn't very pleasant.

I went down the hallway after gathering new clothes and began a shower. I peeled off all of my clothing and got under the steaming hot water, instantly feeling my muscles relax. I hoped Kellin was okay and that he didn't do anything stupid last night. Hopefully I didn't do anything stupid either.

After a while of standing there, thinking and washing my hair and body, I got out and dried off, changing into my clothes before exiting the bathroom and heading back to my room. The twins and Alex were at school considering it was Tuesday and twelve o'clock. Oddly, I missed my baby brothers and baby sister.

I sighed and plopped down on my bed, relaxing against the mattress. I felt better after my shower, feeling refreshed. As soon as I got comfortable, my phone rang, shattering the silence. I had put it on charge before getting in the shower.

"Hello?" I answered, seeing that it was a number I wasn't familiar.

"Alan, it's Kellin, I'm calling off Vic's phone." He said, sounding rushed.

"Why? What happened to your phone? Are you okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just woke up and had no idea where I was." He said, chuckling tiredly.

"Wait, you're not at Aaron's house?" I asked.

"No, I guess sometime last night we left and went to his parents house. I don't know, really, I just know that I'm here and not somewhere else." He told me, I hummed and ran fingers through my damp hair. "Did you have fun? Do anything stupid?"

"I drank last night," I said, shrugging although he couldn't see me.

"You what?! You drank and I missed it!" He shouted, I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I drank, and it was a terrible mistake because I had a horrible headache and Aunt Melissa yelled at me when I got home." I said.

"That doesn't matter, I can't believe broke out of your little shell and enjoyed some alcohol," he said. "Who got you to drink anyways?"

"Austin," I told him with a sigh. "Apparently I was being boring and lame and he told me to have a drink."

"Awe, that's sort of romantic, but I can't believe I missed it!" He said, shouting again. I rolled my eyes once more.

"Whatever, it wasn't that fantastic and I swore myself to some sort of promise; I'm never, ever, in billions of years, drinking that much again." I told him, Kellin laughed.

"Well I'm glad you had fun, even if I missed it," he said. "Do you want to get some coffee and watch some movies? I feel like I haven't eaten food in years."

"Yeah, sure, we can meet down at the coffee shop in a few." I told him and stood up from my bed.

"Okay, cool, I'm bringing Vic and Austin!" Kellin shouted and before I could respond and tell him no, to not bring Austin, he hung up on me.

I groaned and huffed, tossing my phone to the bed. I could just back out of going, but then knowing Kellin, he'd drive all the way here and drag me out of bed. There was no point in fighting.

I replaced my sweatpants for shorts and pulled on my shoes, grabbing my phone before heading downstairs. Aunt Melissa was sat in the living room, a laptop in front of her and folders full on paper work on each side of her. She looked busy, engrossed in her work all up until I reached the bottom stair. She looked up at me and frowned.

"Are you really going out again Alan?" She demanded to know.

"Only for coffee and then I'm going to Kellin's house," I told her. "I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"You better, and make sure you have your phone with you Mister!" She shouted as I walked out the front door. I nodded at her and closed the door.

Nice to know Aunt Melissa actually cared, because if it were mom, she would have just allowed me to walk out the door, not giving a care about me or her other three kids, all she would be worried about was when the next time she could sneak her next fuck buddy through the door and what lie she could make up to us. I still hoped every single day that dad wouldn't take her back, that he would realize she's no longer the woman he married a long time ago and that no matter what she says and no matter how many times she says she's changed, she will always end up lying and going behind his back, sleeping with other men. I didn't know what I had to do to make him see that, but I sure as hell was going to so something, whether it helped or not. I wasn't going to stand around and allow mom to keep walking in and out on us, because honestly, I wasn't so sure how much more of it I could take before I finally snapped.

。。。

I'm enjoying this story too much and am being a terrible person and neglecting my other stories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 9.9K 27
Alan thinks he's going to be spending all summer on his own, until his older brother's friend, Austin, finds a way into his life. Together, they begi...
20K 879 39
There's a little bit of devil in those angel eyes. Kellin has always been known as the perfect kid, he had to be if he wanted his foster parents to...
78.7K 4.9K 30
Alan and his love for sweaters meet a rebellious boy ×cover by: spacedrugs×
35.3K 2.3K 25
***EDITING*** Kellin Quinn is your average street whore. By day he is the best friend of Alan Ashby and Justin Hills. By night, the three boys are st...