New Beginnings

By Bella-234

Isabelle Starr is enjoying her 18th birthday when she spots him. The guy of her dreams. Her prince charming... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Epilogue

26.8K 456 70
By Bella-234

 ^^ ... who has ever commented, voted, fanned or added this story to their library. But especially to everyone who has stuck it out with me and read it to the end. Thanks :) ... the picture is my newly acquired (27/01/2012) birthday present a physical copy of New Beginnings... how cool is that?

Dylan’s P.O.V.

 Looking down at the small bundle in my arms the need to protect it rushes through my body, it’s ridiculous as there is no threat around, especially not in the pack house but still. It’s so small, well it is only three hours old, and right now sleeping so peacefully, wrapped in a pink blanket with a tuft of blonde hair poking out and its small hands balled up into fists, I’m amazed by the fact that it has fingernails.

The delivery had gone smoothly or so I’m told, I just couldn’t stay in the same room for it, apparently I am a bigger wimp than I thought, instead I paced the floor in the hallway outside, listening to the screams coming from the other side of the wall, it sounded like she was being hacked open, like in a horror film, not giving birth to this delicate little human being. How something so small and precious could cause such pain is beyond me.

The nameless baby yawns and her lids slowly open as she flutters her eyelashes adapting to the light, she stares up at me from big, bluey grey, curious eyes and seems to be analysing my face. Those eyes are going to break hearts when she is older, that’s if we let any boys near her.

Silently I pass her back to her mother who cradles her in her arms and looks down adoringly, she is tired, anyone can see that by the bags under her eyes and y the fact that she can barely string two words together, but she wont sleep when the baby is awake.

Looking at Bella, in my eyes, nothing can match the smile on her face, it is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen and the love I feel for her swells and a grin forms on my face, thankfully she doesn’t see it as her eyes are glued to the baby but Elle winks at me.

“Bella I think we should let her rest, don’t you?” She nods her head and leans over to kiss the baby.

“Dylan can I have a word?” I knew this was coming, Drake had been sat fidgeting for about an hour now, it was obvious that something was on his mind but I figured I’d wait until he was ready to tell me. Getting up we make our way over to the door and leave the ladies to coo over the new addition to the family. Once the door is safely closed behind us Drake sighs deeply, hundreds of worries pressing down on his shoulders. “I can’t get what the Dark Wolf said out of my head, ever since we found out she was pregnant it’s been worrying me.” He confesses.

“I’m exactly the same, his words echoed through my head every time I saw the baby bump.”

“It has begun, you can’t stop it. I have predecessors who are in training and when the Dark Wolf rises again your children will be the first to fall.” I shiver as Drake repeats the words that have been hounding me for the past three years, i could recite them in my sleep. These words had stopped us in our tracks just before we killed him and send me into a panic whenever I think about it.

“How’s the search going?”

“It isn’t, ever since I became Alpha I have had people going through old scripts, watching the news, scouring the country for any signs or clues of a new Dark Wolf but so far nothing, as far as I can assume they are still in training or keeping a low profile. I mean they have stayed hidden for generations, why would this one be any different?”

“How do we know that he was even telling the truth? Even if he was maybe the new one doesn’t care about us or even know about us.” I can't help but try to be hopeful, if i didn't i don't think i could remain sane.

“So that’s a risk you’re willing take then?” His accusation makes my blood boil.

“Don’t be stupid!" I growl "But I’ve been thinking that we need to tell the girls.”

“No, I am not telling Elle! She will freak and Bella will go off on one for keeping such a thing from her and then probably try to find them herself.” I sigh at the accurate description at my mate. “The only thing we can do is wait for them to appear or slip up and them make our move, this way we don’t draw attention to ourselves. If your right and they don’t care about us then we have nothing to worry about but if they do attempt anything then we shall be ready.” Nodding my head I walk back towards the room, its Drakes call and it seems that he has made up his mind.

“Bella are you ready?” I ask poking my head round the door. She stands up and takes one last look at the young mother, Elle has taken it all in her stride from the moment that she found out she was having a child and looks right at home in the role of mum.

With Bella’s hand in mine we make our through the familiar corridors of the Clayton pack house, being stopped by various pack members of all ages and saying hi to the faces that I’m slowly learning, this is a big pack and it will take time before I know who any of these people are. Bella on the other hand knows them all and can ask each and everyone about their families and plans.

“Godparents.” She sighs when we finally get a moment alone.  “How cool is that?” I squeeze her hand tighter and feel her engagement ring digging into my fingers, only a few more weeks and she will be Isabelle Matthews, the thought brings back that ridiculous grin of mine. “I’m so jealous of her.” She says stroking her own stomach, anyone else wouldn’t be able to tell, especially since she is trying to hide it, however I know Bella’s body better than my own and can see that she is starting to show herself. Another reason this whole Dark Wolf thing is really starting to panic me. “Elle is going to be so excited when she finds out that not only am I pregnant but also that our kids will be in the same school year.” She beams at me.

“That’s if she forgives you for not telling her straight away, but you couldn’t have planned the timing any better.” I tease and she shoves me gently with shoulder. “Have you told your parents yet?”

Guiltily she shrugs her shoulders. “I thought I’d tell them after the wedding, I don’t want to take any of Elle’s spotlight.”

“So where are your parents?” A few weeks after Drake had become Alpha his parents and Bella’s had bought a boat and gone on a well deserved holiday, Drake’s parents had returned at the news of the Elle going in to labour but Bella’s weren’t coming back until a few days before the wedding.

“Erm I think they have gone to Venice, that’s where they went on their honeymoon and they really liked it, they are taking the advantage of being alone to do it all again, Dad mentioned something about looking into buying a house over there.” She shrugs.

“Have you thought any more about Drake’s offer?” I poke tentatively, whilst holding open the door that leads to the back garden, it’s a bit of a sore subject between us. She sighs and untangles her hand from mine, automatically going into defence mode.

“You’re not going to let this go are you?” She says frostily.

“How can I? He wants you to be his Beta, that’s a huge decision and one we need to talk about as a couple. Especially now you’re pregnant, it’s a dangerous job!”

“You always knew that I was his first choice for that position, especially because of my heritage.”

“At one point you were adamant that you didn’t want it, but ever since you moved back from Cardiff I can see you starting to like the role. You have already done one more year than the trial one you promised your dad.”

“Okay fine, I like being Beta, so sue me.” She pouts.

“Exactly, so that makes this harder. I’m Beta of one pack, you’re Beta of another. You have pledged allegiance to Drake and I have done the same to Dan. We are a mated couple in different packs. It isn’t exactly normal.”

“But Dan knows I’d do anything to help him, it's not like we are Romeo and Juliet in packs that are enemies. And when have we ever been a normal couple? I don’t care what others think, we’re meant to do this to suit us not everyone else. Can’t we just stay as we are?” She’s practically begging me, I don’t know if it is possible but I have people looking into it.

“And where are we supposed to live? My pack or yours?”

“Neither. Wherever we want. There is no law against not living with your pack. Personally I think I’d prefer living as just us, we're still a relatively new couple, besides I like my privacy.” Her teasing, seductive tone makes my heart quicken and my cheeks heat up. Only she can make me blush and she does it on purpose, especially in the company of friends.

I can’t stop myself, I just want to make her happy. “I guess we could give it ago, I don’t know, have a trial period, or something. Maybe when you’re a mum you’ll change your mind and pass the position onto Trey.” There wasn’t really any point in arguing about this, if she wants to be Beta she will be and there’s nothing I can do to stop her. Even if knowing my mate and future wife is in a job that could potentially kill her.

“Really? We can live on our own?” She sneakily avoids the topic of her being Beta instead picking up on the housing issue. She does genuinely think that I’m upset about leaving my pack house, however, that has never been an issue, I’d move to China if that was where she was.

“If that is what you want, we’ll start house hunting after the honeymoon.” I figure that it’s easier to just drop the subject, she’ll make her own mind up about the job. Wrapping her arms around my neck she jumps up and automatically I adjust to support her weight and I hold her too me.

“You’re the best Dylan Matthews.” She giggles before pulling my mouth to hers. It occurs to me briefly that she has me wrapped around her little finger but to be honest I don’t care, to see her happy and safe are my top priorities. Pulling away she looks up into the trees and smiles. “Going up?”

“Yes Ma’am.” I reply as she begins to climb the ladder. “Be careful.”

“Shut up Dylan, it’s just a ladder.”

“Yes but I remember the day you decided you didn’t want to use it and ended up on top of me.” I say referring to the night we met.

“That was an accident and you were the one who decided to jump in the way and catch me.”

“And I would every time.” I answer in all seriousness.

Sitting on the porch of the tree house, wrapped in a blanket, we watch the sunset over the surrounding countryside. The sky is a mixture of oranges, pinks, purples and reds and really is beautiful. I pull Bella closer and she rests her head on my shoulder.

“I can’t wait to bring our little one up here.” She whispers, almost as if she is afraid to ruin the moment. “How are your vows coming?”

“Not too bad. Still have a section that needs adjusting. What about yours?”

“Alright... Remind me whose idea it was to write our own?”

“I believe it was yours, something to do with it being romantic.” I chuckle.

“In the future don’t listen to me and my ideas. Did you tell the DJ what song we wanted for our first dance?” She sounds panicked and sits bolt upright.

“Bella chill out, everything is taken care off. You have planned this too perfection, who knew you were such a control freak.” I tease.

“You wouldn’t want me any other way.” She states with nothing but confidence in her voice.

“You’re right, I wouldn’t.” She places her head back on my shoulder and her body relaxes into mine. Humming the first few bars of You and Me by Lifehouse all thoughts and worries of the Dark Wolf, Bella’s Beta position and my child growing inside of her, disappear and here and now as the sun dips below the hills and the birds sing in the trees around us, I couldn’t be happier with the cards I have been dealt in life. Whatever happens in the future we will tackle it head on together but for now I’m living in the moment with my soul mate. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that is the end of New Beginnings. (Although think it needs work and when i get inspiration the last paragraph may change a little lol.) It's been fun writing this and reading all your comments over the past few months. Since finishing this one i have written a sequel, it's completed and on my profile if anyone is interested in reading it :).  So thanks to everyone for all the feedback and reinforcement and for making me want to carry on with this and see it through. :) :) :)

**** An Update To Say That I Have Completed A Sequel And That You Can Find It On My Profile Or Here http://www.wattpad.com/2239853-dark-descendant-prologue If You Are Interested ****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...
800K 21.8K 38
Allie Dawson is in a family that is very important to her pack. Her parents were in charge before stepping down and passing on the responsibility to...
638K 9.9K 28
Isabelle Slate had gone her whole life looking forward to finding her mate- the one who'd look after her, love her, and protect her. But when she's m...
138K 3.4K 17
Shayna wants nothing more than to leave her pack and become a loner, never tied down and playing by her own rules, but to do that she has to make to...