The Storm Ignites || Johnny S...

By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Two years have gone by. Reed and Sue are getting married, Ben and Alisha are still happily together. As for... More

Two Years
Airports & Planes
Keeping Busy
Wedding Planning and The General
The Sensor
The Big Day
Silver Surfer?
Away from this Life?
The London Eye
Victor Von Doom
The Bar Talk
A Tachyon Pulse
Board Disconnection
Prisoners
Our Last Hours?
The End is Here
Fifth Times the Charm
BONUS - Along the Way
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
To Have and to Hold
TheWattys2016

Changing Molecules?

5.4K 155 1
By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Fantastic 5: The Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | Changing Molecules?

As soon as June had gotten Johnny back into the Baxter building, they headed straight for Reed. Who was, with no doubt, going to be doing exactly what the General had previously instructed – that they needed to figure out another way to track this ... Silver Surfer?

"All of June's results are normal." Reed was saying, peering into his microscope, after having taken a blood sample from both his sister and possible future brother-in-law. Although, he wasn't sure when Johnny was going to try asking his sister to marry him again, especially after his original plan had failed when the Surfer came into play and ruined his and Sue's wedding. This meant there had been no reception afterwards as previously planned.

The images that Reed received from Johnny's sample was that they were way above normal ... for them anyway. It was like his molecules were constantly shifting and changing, they weren't steady and calm like they usually were. He really didn't know what to think. "But, Johnny's..." His voice drifted off.

"Johnny's are what?" The younger man almost snapped, he wasn't very happy at the moment – everything just seemed to get worse and worse for him today. He was currently leaning against one of the side tables with June sitting up on the counter near him, but not side by side – finding it wise to not try the power switch again, but she did itch for him to hold her like he usually did. She could tell he was getting a bit antsy from the separation too.

Reed looked way too interested in this, more along the lines of fascinated by what was happening to Johnny. "You're encounter with the Surfer has affected your molecules." He looked up, "They're ... in a constant state of flux." Forgetting that he was talking to Johnny who didn't really care, or understand the technicalities of Science at his or June's level.

Johnny looked a little peeved – how was he supposed to understand that garble? "What's he talking about?" He whispered over to June. Only she made sense to him when it came to understanding either Science, or Reed for that matter.

June smiled slightly, leaning over to him, "Basically, your powers are having the ability to switch with someone else's. Pretty much the same as what happened outside – you transferred powers with me temporarily until we touched again."

"Ah." Johnny nodded to himself with a hum, understanding now – no one else in the room had been able to hear their small conversation.

Reed was writing down something in his little notebook, making the magnifying range larger to get a bigger picture of the strange sample, "Ideally I'd like to run some more tests-" Suddenly he was stopped by an overly-happy Ben.

"-Would you like a volunteer?" Ben had a large smile on his face, slamming down his raspberry smoothie next to Reed's work station. He had an idea that could get Johnny back for everything that had ever been done to him ... 'oh, this is gonna to be good' He thought.

"No, no, no!" Johnny yelled in panic, already knowing what Ben was thinking as the big guy started striding towards him – no! Anything but that! He jumped up to sit on the counter next to June, trying to get as far away from Ben – but he was trapped. "This is serious!"

Ben had to pause for a second as everyone else was yelling, 'No!'. He rolled his eyes, it would be a worth-wile experiment he thought. Ben glanced between June, Reed and Sue. "I just wanted to give him a hug." He protested, lying just a touch. Although, if his idea was going to work, and what happened to June would happen to him – then he was all for a one-deal hug.

"Ben, we don't know the extent of his condition yet." Sue tried to tell him, but knew it was no good – the Richard siblings seemed to see that too – Reed more than June.

Reed agreed with her, so he started listing bad things to try and talk Ben out of going through with this plan, "It could be progressive ... it could be degenerative-"

"Ben, no!" June's eyes widened as her body slipped off the counter, she was too late to stop Ben from touching Johnny. Although, she wouldn't say this out loud, but it be an interesting sight – she just hoped Johnny would be okay.

When Ben touched Johnny, the same waves that the younger man had felt when June touched him appeared again, but this time it felt different – he felt his whole body changing, and not in a good way. Ben on the other hand, could feel himself shrinking the moment he touched Johnny – but it did feel like all the breath had been ripped away from him just a moment.

The other three watched in amazement as the both of them completely shifted into different forms – as for Ben, he transformed back into his old self. The one he had to give up to save them two-years back when Victor was on the loose. Johnny, however, looked completely different – aside from the look of irritation radiating from him, he was completely covered in an orange rock from head to toe. His skin ... was exactly how Ben's had been. Their powers really had transferred to a massive extent.

"Oh, my god." June was the first to mutter, startled by the changing looks of her boyfriend. Reed and Sue were sharing the same looks – they were baffled with a hint of amazement.

Ben was too happy to see how Johnny was reacting to the change – but he looked down at his hand, his human looking hand with glee. "Ha, Hey! It's me! I'm back!" The shirt he had on before had a little flame against it that had started to make a hole bigger, he quickly patted it out before it spread any further.

After noticing his newly turned skin and the fact that June was looking at him weirdly – Johnny rushed over to grab one of the silver cans he knew would give him a reflection. He stared at himself, horrified, "Oh, my god!" He cried, louder than June had but his was full of disgust by his newly reformed appearance. He looked horrible!

Johnny turned upwards with narrowed eyes towards the man who looked at him with amusement, "Come on!" He yelled, "We just said this is serious!" Ben just snorted and fell into another round of laughter, his stomach hurting from how much he seemed to be doing so.

June didn't know what to say, except blink several times. Although it was a little interesting to see how Ben's condition worked for Johnny (as bad as that sounds coming from the girlfriend) she knew that this new him really didn't suit him. She loved what he could do; in her mind, their powers were a part of them. And fire was him, just as much as water was hers – they were opposites for a reason.

Ben clicked his finger, remembering that it was how Johnny was able to conjure up a mini flame. He chuckled in amazement when a small little flame appeared above his thumb, like his flesh was a candle wick ... but didn't hurt. "Huh, not bad." He commented to himself, loving the new change – but he knew it wouldn't last like this for long. He's gotten used to his orange-hulk looking body, and Alisha loved it – which made him grow to even love it after all this time. Besides, unaware what June had actually been thinking – he felt the same, Johnny and fire belong together. Johnny was the hot-head of the team; both is and was.

Reed was slowly moving over to get a closer look at Johnny's transformation, "Incredible." He breathed, completely astounded. Even though this event was completely cool in simple words; he knew it could become an inconvenience soon to the team if this isn't fixed. They wouldn't be able to go on missions together properly as Johnny could accidently touch one of them, meaning it could cause chaos in the worst situation.

June could see Johnny getting mostly annoyed, but she didn't want to see him panicking anymore about this. "Johnny, we'll fix this," She promised, wanting to give him a hug but had to refrain from doing so. She looked over to Ben with a look, "Ben, change back – you've had your fun."

Ben ignored her and did something Johnny has done several times to him in the past, something of which always got him angry. He threw a mini fireball into Johnny's face – or at least, he tried to. A thin layer of water seemed to appear, blocking the fireball before disintegrating it.

"Junie!" Ben practically whined, his shoulders heaving down with disappointment. Why couldn't he get to do it? Just once, for a memory? He wanted to try again but he didn't get the chance to – Johnny was prancing over to him with heavy thuds, "No, no, no!" Ben cried out in his own style panic, but it was useless – Johnny had touched him. And in less than three seconds – he was back to his old self.

June couldn't help but sigh with relief when she saw Johnny return to how he used to be, orange really didn't suit him and neither did the rocky skin. Ben could actually pull it off pretty good.

"Aw, crap!" Ben grunted, looking down at his rocky orange hands with dismay.

"This isn't funny!" Johnny snapped at him, thankful that he, at least, had his original body back. He twisted around to everyone else with a hopelessness in his eyes, but he tried to hide it the best he could within his attitude. "What am I supposed to do in the meantime?"

June was about to suggest that he could help her in the lab but Reed spoke before her, saying the completely wrong suggestion. "Just, uh, try to keep your distance from us." June's jaw dropped in shock – although Reed gave Johnny an apologetic look, the way he made his words sound ... it sounded insensitive and cruel.

Johnny took one last look at Reed before scoffing, shaking his head and moved silently out of the room. June started to glare at her brother, watching her boyfriend leave the room – she had seen it, there was a flash of hurt in his eyes when Reed had said that. It made her become pissed off at her brother, more than usual that is.

Ben didn't seem to notice any of this – he just watched Johnny make his way out of the room with a lowered, shaking head before calling out, "You and I are gonna be spending a whole lot of time together, pal!" He warned, loudly. This was going to be the perfect payback for all the rubbish the guy has put him through over the last couple of years.

When Johnny was out of sight, June turned to her brother with something between annoyance and exasperation. "How could you say that, Reed?" She questioned, crossing her arms against her chest.

Reed frowned towards her, not understanding, "I'm not sure what you're talking about." Completely confused – what had he said that was so bad? At least, that's what he can fathom out from the tone of her words.

Sue sighed, getting at what June must be thinking. "What you said-" She started, turning to the man who should have become her husband this morning. "-it had been a little on the nasty side."

"Huh?" Reed looked between the two women, still confused.

June huffed, rolling her eyes before making her way out of the room to follow Johnny, but before she did her hand clipped her brother around the back of his head – hard.

"Ow!" Reed winched with a small screech, rubbing the back of his head as a sharp pain radiated from it. 'What did I say?!' He wondered to himself, watching as his sister left the room to presumably find Johnny.

...

It didn't take too long for June to him; he was in they're bedroom just lying down in the middle of the bed, his head cocooned in the gap between the pillows. "Hey," June said softly as she leaned against the doorway, seeing him stare continuously up towards the ceiling with a blank look on his face. But she knew he must be in the midst of thinking, sometimes it was just something he did.

"Hey." He murmured lowly, not turning towards her. His hands twitched as he continued thinking, not really processing that she was there – he just kept himself in his mind. Today he had planned it to be the best day of his life (and hopefully June's), and it was literally shoved down a toilet. He was pissed about that but more so that his powers were getting in the way of being able to be there for June – he had noticed the small longing in her eyes earlier, knowing that he would usually hold her in one way, shape or form. Whenever they were together. There were days when all they would do was hold each other – and they loved that.

June padded over to the bed, taking a seat on the side nearest to the door. "How are you feeling? Really?" She questioned, wanting an honest answer from him. There was something else that had been bothering her the last few days too – just by how nervous he seemed to be around her. It was something she remembered noticing back just before he left her the first time too when she mentioned she'd be going to college. Her heart constricted very hard when she remembered that – but her logical and emotional mind threw that idea aside, she didn't believe he'd leave her. She just had a strong gut feeling about it this time, and most of the time her gut was always right.

She trusted Johnny with all her heart and not even a sledgehammer smashing it would break it.

Johnny just shook his head, not in the mood to share. He couldn't explain the things that were making him unhappy since the whole reason behind it, was to do with him proposing to her today. "Doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does." June countered, a hard note in her tone that stated otherwise. "Please ... don't shut me out." She pleaded. For the last couple of hours, it's felt like he's been pushing her away – and that hurt immensely.

Johnny tightly shut his eyes hearing her tone, realising just by those few words what she was feeling. He rubbed a hand over his face, feeling exhaustion coming over him – he didn't even realise he had become silent for too long. After the long pause of nothing, June pursed her lips, shaking her head sadly to herself, feeling a spike practically drive through her heart. These last two years after finally getting back together, June had given her trust back to him and they swore on that day that no more secrets and lies would be kept between them. The silence hurt more than could be explained.

"Fine," June mumbled to herself in a thick tone, feeling tears prickle under her eyelids. She stood up from the bed slowly, not looking over at Johnny. "When you're ready to share, come find me. If not ... just don't bother." Her words finishing with an angrily hurt figurative punch to the gut. The worst part was that when she had become so afraid of water and nightmares always plagued her mind, he was always the one to find out almost straight away. She never kept anything from him, and now, it seems like it didn't go the same way with him.

So, without even sparing him another glance, she walked out of the room – heading towards the lab where she could get started on trying to track this Surfer. She needed something to get her mind away from this room ... and Johnny.

From inside the bedroom, Johnny began cursing himself as no words could begin to form from his mouth. 'You stupid, stupid son-of-a-bitch!' His internal voice shouted at him for being so ... male. 'You need to fix this before you lose her again!'

Johnny grabbed the pillow from the left side, slamming it down into his face with an irritated groan towards himself.

He needed to fix this.

Note: Yey, another chapter done. Alright, I have two things I need to say so it'll be short and sweet.

My username for all Fanfiction Accounts has been changed, as shown below.

X-Lisa-Anne-X [Fanfiction + Wattpad] and XLisaAnneX [Quotev]

I've pretty much changed every cover for every book I have written in the Fanfiction, they have been modernized as I like to say. Lol. Anyway, let me know what you think of the new one for 'The Storm Ignites'! Pretty please!

Follow, Fav and Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2.8K 11
What happens when Johnny Storm meets his match? Scarlett Christian Richards, Reed Richards sister is flying to space with Johnny, Sue, Reed, and Ben...
156K 3.3K 16
Life has hit hard, Maxine Grimm is feeling it, as she and Reed Richards along with her uncle, Ben Grimm, scrape the bottom of the barrel to make ends...
421K 15.1K 67
Grant Ward, double agent and evil Hydra mastermind. But what would've happened if he had someone to keep him sane? This is the story of Samantha Slat...
49.7K 3.5K 120
MY FUTURE HUSBAND - BOOK FOUR: PART TWO, IN THE FORBIDDEN LUST SERIES DO NOT READ THIS BOOK FIRST!!!! "It was you... it was you all along..." May Pa...