Letters To Edmund |book 1|

By WonderlandDreaming-

"I'm a child with a sword, playing king." Have you ever been to Narnia? Have you ever seen a train station t... More

Prologue
Trailer
Chapter 1. The Library
Chapter 2. Mystery Discovered
Chapter 3. Narnia
Chapter 4. Garden Secrets
Chapter 5. The Book Of Narnia
Chapter 6. The Witch's Curse
Chapter 7. The Ball
Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This
Chapter 9. Philip
Chapter 10. Love Struck
Chapter 11. War Begins
Chapter 12. Goodbyes
Chapter 13. Dark Prophecies
Chapter 14. Aslan, The Lion
Chapter 15. Writing Is A Gift
Chapter 16. A Letter To A King
Chapter 17. Captives
Chapter 18. To Save A King
Chapter 19. Bread Basket
Chapter 20. Back On The Ship
Chapter 22. Taking It Slow
Chapter 23. Nightmares
Chapter 24. When A Good Man Goes To War
Chapter 25. Stuck Between War And Silence
Chapter 26.The Spell That Changed It All
Chapter 27. Dreams That Feel Like Reality
Chapter 28. Professor Pevensie
Chapter 29. Remembering Narnia
Chapter 30. Beautiful Heart
Chapter 31. High King Peter And Garden Dancing
Chapter 32. Lessons From A Swordsman
Chapter 33. I Hear Them Calling For You
Chapter 34. Death After A Dance
Chapter 35. Strange Creatures
Chapter 36. Coming To Terms With The Kill
Chapter 37. Royal Proposal To A Queen
Chapter 38. Sister Knows Best
Chapter 39. Remember Me When You See Me
Chapter 40. Children
Chapter 41. Purpose
Chapter 42. Keeper Of Darkness
Chapter 43. The Flower
Chapter 44. Found In The Crowd
Chapter 45. Hands
Chapter 46. It's Over, It Is Done
Chapter 47. The Door To Another World
Chapter 48. London Before Narnia
Chapter 49. Promises
Chapter 50. Rebellion
Author's Note

Chapter 21. Breakfast On The Dawn Treader

6.4K 248 202
By WonderlandDreaming-

Her first thought when she woke up was how stupid she was that night. In one evening she managed to disrespect one of the kings of Narnia, and the other she hurt by trying to get as far away from him as possible. She didn't even understand why they denied it anymore, every glance from him sent electricity down her body and she was sure that her glances did the same to him. Nevertheless, there was a small chance that she was confused and misread all of his actions.

Still, she wanted to do things the right way, not wanting to end up like Anne Boleyn. She didn't know much about the woman, but all she needed to know was off with her head and that was enough motivation to stay away from a king. In her mind, she was doing both of them some good. However, in Edmund's mind, it was all different.

He woke up with a smirk on his face, taking his feet out of the hammock and standing up straight on the rocking ship. Edmund could not stop thinking of the events that took place the other night. Something changed in her, and he wasn't sure if it was good or bad yet, but he was going to find out once he confronts her. Putting on his sword in his belt, Edmund walked out of the cabin only to be met by Reepicheep.

"Good morning, your majesty." The mouse gave Edmund a long bow.

A smile covered his face, "you have my permission to stand up, Reepicheep."

"I am grateful, your majesty. What will you be doing today?" The mouse followed Edmund onto the deck.

"Perhaps explore the ship a bit more, I heard there are corners no man had ever stepped on because they are haunted!" Excitement glistened in the young king's eyes.

Reepicheep laughed, "the ship isn't that big sier."

Edmund took out his telescope and neared it to his face, blinking a couple of times to catch the unending sea on the other side of his device. There was no land to be seen and he was already getting seasick. Determination was strong in him, and without letting a negative thought in Edmund told himself that today was going to be a good day.

"Edmund!" Caspian's voice was heard in the distance.

He ran up to the young king and took the telescope from his hands, "no land huh?"

"I don't know what to do Caspian," Edmund hung his head.

"Cheer up. Breakfast is soon. Besides, we still need a rematch, are you ready to face me again your majesty?" Caspian instantly pulled out his sword.

Edmund did the same, engaging the Telmarine prince in a fight. The swung the swords around a couple of times, making the crew gather around them to witness the fight.

Walking out of the hall, Angelina rubbed her eyes and looked at the commotion. She joined Susan who was standing next to some of the crew members, smiling at Caspian who decided to challenge her brother, the best swordsman in all of Narnia.

Angelina tapped Susan on the shoulder, "what's going on?"

"Caspian challenged Edmund to a friendly fight." She smiled as she turned around.

She watched in amusement as the Telmarin king tried to swing his sword at Edmund who skillfully stopped the attack. He swung it once, twice, still not able to defeat the unbeatable king. Caspian was already giving up as he took his last swing and missed yet again. Edmund raised his sword which signaled his triumph and the Narnians clapped. Angelina also joined in the clapping as she glanced at Edmund who was already looking at her. She could see a smile growing on his face, and she knew it was not only because of his triumph over Caspian.

"Good job brother, you embarrassed Caspian," Susan clapped as she spoke sarcastically.

"I merely bruised his pride, my dear sister." He walked up closer to them, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Susan handed Edmund a cup of fresh water and he gladly accepted, glancing at Angelina and then back at Susan.

"What do you think, isn't my brother the best swordsman?" Susan turned to Angelina, proud that she was related to Edmund.

Angelina smirked, "I could defeat him within seconds with Aslan's light."

"I would let you do that if that's the price I have to pay in order to relive last night," Edmund walked up closer to her and almost whispered, taking a swing from the glass of water that stood on the table she was next to. The smirk did not leave his face. She almost choked on the glass of water she herself was having.

Caspian joined them and wrapped his arm around Edmund's neck, bringing him down, "you got lucky your majesty!" Caspian laughed out jokingly.

"You stood no chance!" Edmund defended himself.

"How about miss Angelina settles this, who do you fancy winning this argument?" Susan cut in.

Glancing at the Pevensie sister, she knew that there was only one answer to this question. "It was clear that Caspian one fair and square, Edmund just tricked him." Angelina looked down at the ground not wanting to be faced with Edmund's smirk.

Susan raised her eyebrow and looked at the two men, "can we go eat now?" She grabbed Edmund's hand and pulled him away from Caspian.

The Telmarine king quickly took a step towards Susan and gave her his hand, "it would be my pleasure to accompany you to the breakfast table, my queen."

Susan smiled, holding the blush in her cheeks and not letting it spread around her face, "Very well."

Edmund took a glance at Angelina who almost started walking on her own. "Being a king in my position, it would be more than polite of me to escort you to the breakfast table."

"As you wish," she gave him her hand and he led her to the hallway.

Both their hearts raced as the darkness of the hall hit them and they followed the light to the dining area. He held her firmly, their arms connected. There was somewhat of a spooky feel to these halls which he admired. Edmund always loved adventures and mysteries, they were his go-to books when reality bored him. Distracting himself from his thoughts, Edmund heard Susan and Caspian conversing about Narnia and other affairs which did not interest him. He was listening to the conversation so deeply that he almost forgot about the uncomfortable distance between him and Angelina.

She didn't say anything the entire time, making sure that her amusement was the portraits on the wooden walls of the ship.

"How was your morning?" He asked softly as they entered the room and he let her go, pulling a chair for her to sit on before he did so.

She humphed, "just fine." The meal was served and she couldn't keep from glancing at him from time to time, and so did he. They were like two completely mad teenagers, which they were, with tension growing with each second. The rest of the people at the table continued with their boring talks about the war and decisions as Angelina and Edmund were in the middle of a staring contest.

All of them were done with their food as yet another conversation about the war started. Edmund's eyes ran around the room until they landed on her again. Hers did the same, stopping at Susan first and pretending like she was intrigued by the conversation.

After a few seconds, she couldn't help but glance back at Edmund who's eyes were already on her. She smiled a bit and so did he, letting the tension between them ease a little bit. Out of nowhere, Edmund got an uncontrollable urge to take her hand, sit closer to her, be as close to her as possible. Without any suspicion and innocence on his face, Edmund stood up from his seat and crossed the room, pacing.

"But Caspian, it's impossible to defeat that army, they actually have dead skeletons fighting on their side!" Susan turned her head away from Edmund to Caspian who was sitting on a chair. Both Caspian and Susan were distracted by their conversation.

Angelina listened closely, not wanting to intervene as she leaned back on the couch, looking at them. She was positioned behind Caspian and Susan who were not paying much attention to her. Edmund crossed the room again, this time being closer to Angelina. He picked up a book from the shelf behind her and stared at her, sitting down beside her.

Edmund opened the book and pretended to read. His hand made its way closer to hers, which was sitting on the couch, and their fingers intertwined. Moving in closer, the tension between them was growing with every inch.

Susan and Caspian were still arguing about the war as Edmund tried his hardest not to comment on what they were talking about, alas he couldn't and when he heard about Aslan he had to intervene.

"We can't just forget that Aslan is also on our side, besides we have His light now-"

Angelina stood up, looking down at Edmund, "oh so that is what I am to you now, a light?"

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "that is not what I meant-"

She crossed her arms in front of her chest, "why can't you just admit that you're doing the same thing with me that Peter did, you see a weapon in me and that is all."  Now, both Susan and Caspian turned to them, Edmund sitting on the couch and Angelina standing right above him, angry for whatever reason.

"What happened?" Susan raised her eyebrow.

Angelina blinked a couple of times and then glanced at Edmund, "I saw a rat, this place is infested!" She didn't think he was all too satisfied with her reaction.

"Heavens! On the dawn treader?" Caspian stood up and started looking at the floor in hopes of finding the rat.

"Excuse me," Angelina spoke and stormed out of the room.

Susan and Caspian looked at Edmund who closed his eyes, his head falling on the back of the couch.

"Did you see it too Edmund?" Caspian was strangely concerned with the rat, he didn't want his crew to be startled by such an intruder.

"Oh for God's sake! It wasn't a rat!" Edmund stood up, walking out of the room frustrated.

"I wonder if the rat was my dear stupid brother,"  Susan looked at her brother as he walked out of the dining room.

"I wonder what could scare Edmund more than a rat!" Caspian still ran his eyes through the floor once again.

Susan chuckled, Caspian was as clueless as ever, "there is something going on between those two, our whole journey here Angelina would not stop talking about Edmund and now she avoids him as if he was the last person on earth she'd talk to."

Caspian nodded his head, "Ed is doing the same, he talked about her all the time, on all occasions, he would find an opportunity to bring her up, it was quite annoying if you ask me."

"Do you think they might have feelings for each other?" Susan asked, leaning in so no one would hear.

Caspian rolled his eyes, "of course they do, have you seen how tense they are around each other. They're both in denial. Perhaps if we confront them? Maybe they would confess to everything for their own good?"

Although she agreed, Susan knew that it wasn't her place to poke her nose into, "yes, or we could stay away and let them figure it out on their own."

Looking at the door they both exited seconds ago, Susan hoped that her brother had enough brains to follow the young woman and confront her about whatever happened between them while she was distracted with Caspian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.9K 51
The Pevensie siblings have ruled Narnia for many years. Narnia has entered its Golden Era, filled with peace and prosperity. However, a new threat is...
421K 11.5K 34
EDMUND X READER "Edmund, I... I like you" I confessed. Fiddling with my fingers. My eyes were looking at everything. Anything. Anything but him. "I j...
251K 9.3K 60
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺.❞ ━━━━━━ 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 ༻❁ though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
153K 4.5K 22
Emily isn't the same as before. She has lived 1300 years in a Narnia invaded by the Telmarines. Little does she know, that the boy she saved in the f...