two worlds // luke hemmings

lukeythehemmings által

cover by @babyeunwoo // best achievement: #3 in Fanfiction // // started dec 15, 2015 // // finished apr 4... Több

author's note
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
author's note
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
a/n: I need my readers' help!
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9
8.0
8.1
8.2
8.3
8.4
8.5
8.6
8.7
final author's note
one shots?
the sequel/one shots

5.9

10.8K 352 138
lukeythehemmings által

a/n: And now we are ranked #29! I'm sorry that I'm always talking about the ranking but it's because you are all a part of it! So thank you, with all my heart! 💚

*Laurel's P.O.V*
6 days later...

I wake up when the nurse comes to check in my bandage. According to her, my healing is better than she expected and I'm probably leaving the hospital at anytime this week.

Austin comes to see me every day. He sometimes brings flowers, which honestly creeps me out. I mean, I know he's just trying to be nice, but really?

He's doing more than my actual boyfriend, though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Luke and I love the fact he's always engaged to his career; I see the passion in his eyes every time he talks about his fans, or music, or whatever that has to do with 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Nevertheless, I can't help feeling extremely put aside lately; right when I thought things would get better. Christ, Luke used to give me more attention when I was across the country! And I'm in the hospital, just a tiny detail.

Granted, he might not be here but he calls at least three times a day to check on me, but even so...

"Good morning, Rel" Austin chuckles, bringing me a latte from Starbucks. "How was the night?"

"It was okay, dr. Williams came by and said things are going as they should. I'm happy that I'll be able to be back at work soon. I'm feeling useless" I joke.

"Don't" He beams. "I'm sure they are taking care of everything while you are here. Face it as forced vacations."

"That's not my ideal vacationing, though" I laugh.

"Laurel, I'm worried that I might need to go to Charlotte before your boyfriend comes back, which means you need someone to be with you. Can you call a relative, or something like that?"

"I did it already. They arrive in three days. When are you leaving?"

"In two. Do you think you can handle a day on your own?"

I nod, firmly.

"I've lived a year completely alone now. One single day more makes no difference at all."

During Austin's final two days, he stays at the hospital with me whenever he's not at the company which he'll be working to soon. He supports me while I limp around the aisles, always willing to help. Austin might be lots of things, but I can't complain about the way he treats me; he really is a gentleman.

On his last day, Austin brings me two bouquets a box of chocolates.

"Since I won't be here, at least you have flowers enough until whomever you call gets here."

During my day alone, I watch three movies and make friends with one of the nurses, Wynona. She tells me she's got a 9 year-old son who's too much of a troublemaker.

Punctually at 3pm, Luke calls me on FaceTime.

"Hi, babe!" I smile as I see his face. "God, I miss you!"

"I miss you too... but don't worry, I'll be there in 8 days, promise. And when you get better we can go for that tour I told you about" He winks. "Where's the douchebag?"

"He's back to Charlotte, probably dealing with some graduation stuff."

"Hey, I was thinking, he's much of a stalker, you know" Luke scoffs. "I mean, he drove all the way to university to offer you a ride. How weird is that?"

"That even reminds me of that The Police song, Every Breath You Take" I giggle.

Luke laughs and clears his throat.

"Every breath you take, and every move you make. Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you" Luke sings.

I admire him through the small screen.

"Your smile is so good to me," I sigh, passionately smiling at him. "better than any medicine they could give me here"

Luke looks down. He's blushing, I can tell.

"I wish I could be there with you right now... but don't you worry, we'll be together soon."

Suddenly, I hear a loud voice with a strong accent, followed by the clicks of high heels on the floor.

I know it quite well, but I was supposed to hear it only tomorrow.

"Beautiful, what is it?" asks Luke.

"I think--"

The door abruptly opens and she comes in, rushed.

"Oh, my darling! Look at you!" She sorrows, kissing all over my face.

"Mom?! I thought you were coming tomorrow!" I say, as she kisses my entire face like I'm a little kid.

"It's my princess laying in this bed, I needed to come as fast as possible!"

Mom turns from me to my phone and she catches sight of an embarrassed Luke.

She nudges me, raising her eyebrows.

"Sweetie, who's this handsome man?"

I blush.

"That was not the way I wanted you guys to meet each other," I roll my eyes. "but oh well. Mom, this is Luke, my uh, my boyfriend. Luke, this is my mom." I introduce them.

"I'm very pleased to meet you, ma'am" Luke smiles.

My mom squeaks.

"Please, call me Rachel. I'm delighted to meet you, Luke. Laurel, why didn't you tell your mom about him?" She frowns.

I look to both sides, trying to find a way out.

I don't find any.

"Uh..."

"And he looks familiar!" Mom analyzes. "I've got a feeling I know him from somewhere... Laurie, that boy band you liked when you were younger, the one with the green haired boy"

I slap my own forehead, embarrassed, cringing at the mention of the 'boy band' thing. Why is my mom always so inconvenient?

"Mom..." I whine.

"He looks exactly like one of them!"

"I'm afraid I am one of them, ma... I mean, Rachel" Luke chuckles.

My mom looks surprised at me.

"Laurel!" She calls. "We have a lot to talk about. Where the hell is your father? He needs to meet your boyfriend, I'm gonna call him"

My mom vanishes and I enjoy the opportunity.

"Sorry, she exaggerates sometimes." I rush. "Let's hang up, I don't want you to meet my father through a FaceTime conference"

"But I want to meet him" He insists.

I groan.

"When you get here you will. Bye, I love you!" I hang up and lock my phone.

Dad follows mom through the room. His eyes fill with tears when he sees me.

"Lore-el! I missed you" He says, hugging me tight.

"I missed you too, dad, so much" I start whimpering, and mom comes in the hug as well.

"The family is back together!" She declares.

-------------
Laurel's parents!! Honestly, I love Rachel haha she's so spontaneous! Tell me what are your first impressions!

Also, don't forget to vote and share if you like it! I read all your comments, so please write them!

Excited for the next update! Stay beautiful 💗 xo

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

655K 7.4K 200
Requested as well as personally written imagines based around 5 Seconds of Summer. Highest Ranking: Short story #388, #364, #317 Fanfict...
1.2K 117 19
100K 1.4K 96
This book is on completed but I do update occasionally. •highest rank in fanfiction: #8•