The Melody of Time: A Miracul...

thesassyredvulpes tarafından

Florence is afraid of heights. Yet she still finds herself falling from the Eiffel Tower, in the middle of th... Daha Fazla

Chapter One: Falling
Chapter Two: Saying Hello To A New Beginning
Chapter Three: A Surprising Night Visit
Chapter Four: Celebratory Party
Chapter Five: Racing On Solid Ground
Chapter Six: Illustrating a New Song
Chapter Seven: The Scenario In The Mirror's Reflection
Chapter Eight: Keeping Up with The Times
Chapter Nine: Training Tunes
Chapter Ten: A Bright Light
Chapter Eleven: Fateful Outcomes
Chapter Twelve: Stone Cold (Part One)
Chapter Twelve: Stone Cold (Part Two)
Chapter Thirteen: Back To The Present
Chapter Fifteen: Meetings
Chapter Sixteen: Darkness of the Past
Chapter Seventeen: Abuzz
Chapter Eighteen: Cheating Death
Chapter Nineteen: All The Luck (The Birth Of A Melody: Part One)
Chapter Twenty: Promises (The Birth Of A Melody: Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-One: Stable Foundations (The Birth of a Melody: Part 3)

Chapter Fourteen: The Previous and The Next

783 40 32
thesassyredvulpes tarafından

Adrien's POV:

After purchasing a few roses as Cat Noir, I head towards the cemetery.

I had snuck away from home again from another demanding schedule. Which was weird, since I thought Dad would let me take a break.

Today was the day Mom died.

The freak accident happened in England during her vacation. I never got the exact details. She left behind a heart-broken son, and part of her husband had died that day. Dad was there when it happened. Nathalie was the one who delivered the news monotonously.

I was about to approach Mom's grave, when I noticed a family was already there, paying their respects.

The woman had long dark hair adorned by a headband. Her body shakes with sobs. Her husband, a man with grim blue eyes, comforts her. Their child gently places a bouquet of daffodils on the plaque in the ground. After, she goes exploring, and chases after a dragonfly.

The adults look familiar, like from an old photograph. I decided to observe from a tree.

"Hush now darling," soothed the man.

"No Felix, it's my fault," murmurs the woman. Her husband hugs her tighter.

"How many times do I have to tell you? There was nothing we could do about it, Bridgette."

"No," Bridgette states. "I could have saved her. I should have known. I was her best friend, but I was clueless about the fact that it had took control of her!"

She juts her head up, her eyes wet with tears. "I could have saved her from falling off the tower!" she screams.

Felix frowns. "Not in front of Diana, please."

Bridgette seems to regain some of her composure. She looks at her daughter, who stands still. After a few seconds, the girl resumes playing.

Meanwhile, I freeze. What tower? I move closer to the couple, and accidentally step on a twig. It snaps.

The two freeze. Diana runs back to her parents.

"Whoever is there, come out now," growls Felix, stepping forward in front of his family. "I'm kind of rusty, but I'm still able to kick butt."

Without any other options, I come out of my hiding spot. I hear a gasp from the woman.

"You're the new Cat Noir," Felix says.

I nod. "And what were you to my moth- this woman?"

They stay silent. More tears spill out of the Bridgette's dark blue eyes.

She falls on her knees, and covers her mouth. Felix tries to sooth her, but she only shakes her head.

"You're...her kid, aren't you? Are you Adrien?" she asks.

I try to keep my voice steady. "Yes, I am the boy you speak of," I confirm.

She gulps. Felix relaxes, but he still keeps his eyes on me. They focus on my costume. "It suits you," he mutters, earning a glare from his wife.

I approach them slowly. "That still doesn't answer my question. What were you to my mother?"

"All of that will be explained when we have our meeting," the light-blond man replies.

"Why not now? And what meeting?" I demand.

Felix grunts. "So the old man hasn't notified you yet? Figures he would, he is always procrastinating..."

"Felix," Bridgette warns.

"Oh please, what important business do you think he has in Hawaii?"

"Master Fu has his reasons, which he'll explain once he gets here."

"Yeah, he's hanging ten on a surfboard, maybe there's a possessed dolphin that needs saving."

"Felix!"

"Wait," I cut in. "Master Fu is coming back to Paris?"

Felix digs into his pocket, clicks on something, then shows the screen. It's playing a video sent via e-mail.

The Master himself sits lazily in a chair, sipping out of a coconut. A surfboard rests next to his comfortable spot, and he wiggles his toes in the sand.

"Aloha, Bridgette...and that husband of yours," Master Fu greets.

"See, after all these years he still doesn't acknowledge me as a true miraculous holder, well ex-holder," Felix mumbles.

"Shush," Bridgette hisses. "Keep your comments to yourself."

"I wish this was a normal reconnecting, but alas, I need your help," Master Fu continues in the video.

"The man also has a habit of breaking his promises..." Felix shuts up after Bridgette glares at him.

"I know I promised to never involve you after the tragedy in London," says the elderly man, as if he heard Felix. "However we all know you are the best bet into training the new Ladybug and Cat Noir. Yes, I have found new hosts for our kwamis. They are currently residing in Paris, which is where I'll need you to go."

Master Fu's face zooms in, and I notice he's gained more wrinkles.

"I'll know you'll want to sit out on this. I am still sorry for Elise's death, which should never have happened. But right now, they'll need your help. Plus, I think you'll connect with the boy-"

It seems Master Fu dropped his phone on the table. A commotion happens in the background, and he returns, with a glass of lemonade.

"Sorry, it's hot out here, so I got to keep hydrated. Anyways, I'll already be in Paris by the time you get there, and I already bought you guys tickets, including one for your kid. So no excuses from your husband."

He takes one generous sip from the glass, and exhales. I notice he still has his bracelet. Does he ever use it?

"Once a Miraculous Holder, always a Miraculous Holder, no matter what the circumstances were obtaining them. And yes, that includes your husband's not-so-ceremonial circumstances. You may have passed on your duties to your successors, but the responsibilities that you had for the world are still yours."

"Farewell for now. I'll see you there." And the video ends.

Everyone stays quiet.

I raise my voice first. "So Master Fu is here?" I ask.

"Well, that's what he said in the video, but there's seen no sign of him," Felix gruffly answers.

"Maybe he got sidetracked by something," Bridgette ponders.

"Right. So I guess we'll host the meeting without him."

"Felix!"

"What, the old man wanted us to have the meeting, and made us come here. I only agreed to go because I don't trust you on your own. So we're going to keep that promise, whether the lazy bozo shows his presence or not."

I'm still entirely confused. "Master Fu said he wants you to train me. Just who are you two?"

The couple stare at each other, then sigh.

"You haven't guessed yet, kid?" Bridgette asks.

"No." I answer. The woman shakes her head, and again I feel as if I should recognize them.

Felix looks at my ring. "Plagg, we're back," he announces.

"Your previous Ladybug and Cat Noir are back, and we're here to help."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE AND SHORT CHAPTER.

I slacked off, I know, I'll try not to do that again. Plus, there's another fanfic I haven't updated in two months, and darn it the canon is ruining it. Oh well, it's still a tale I have to finish.

So I decided to add Felix and Bridgette into the mix, along with Master Fu since he doesn't seem to get enough recognition in our fandom. What do you guys think?

Anyways, I might change the cover for this fanfic, unless you like it the way as it is.

I'll be posting my new fanfiction (for this fandom) soon, and I've worked on art for it for the entire weekend.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day, whether you are half of a power couple or a strong super solo, like me XD. My birthday just passed too (I'm 16, geez hopefully I'm not too old for this fandom.)

Till next time!

~Kurama Kaitou

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.9K 138 15
Marinette's job of being Ladybug has put her in challenging places. Yet, as one fight leads her falling, only one person can catch her: Chat Noir. As...
201 7 15
Ladybug makes a grave mistake which makes her job as Ladybug, and her partner's job as Chat Noir a lot harder. The pressure starts to get to them and...
4.8K 128 13
With Adrien being nicer to Marinette, accidentally leading her on, she confesses, leaving Adrien trying not to hurt her while still rejecting her fee...
46.3K 1.2K 33
Ladybug and Chat Noir have been battling against Hawkmoth for years, but have yet to defeat him. His increasing attacks have got everyone on edge and...