Mythical War

By CatesPencil

Book Two of Mythical Academy. It has been 19 years since the major war with the infamous Demon King. King Et... More

Book 1: Mythical Academy
Chapter 1: Chained like a Pet
Chapter 2: Master
Chapter 3: New Relationships
Chapter 4: A Human and A Prince
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: A Blade and Blizzard
Chapter 8: Tumbling to the Finish
Chapter 9: High School Drama
Chapter 10: Popular Break
Chapter 11: Pleasure and Pain
Chapter 12: Demontica
Chapter 13: The Biggest Lie
Chapter 14: Village Battle
Chapter 15: Twisted
Chapter 16: Comfort
Chapter 17: The Knowing Stress
Chapter 18: Traitor
Chapter 19: The Cliff
Chapter 20: Secret Kisses
Chapter 21: The Pet Act
Chapter 22: The Mythicals
Chapter 23: Family War
Chapter 25: Who am I?
Chapter 26: Plans
Chapter 27: Phoenix
Chapter 28: Connected
Chapter 29: Back Together
Chapter 30: Epilogue

Chapter 24: Demon Protector

1.6K 95 8
By CatesPencil

Next chapter! Yay! It is Monday sooooooooo really early update! Anyway, TIS ALMOST THE END! Please Enjoy this next chapter and vote and COMMENT! It means a lot! <3 Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A screech brings Simon, Amanda, Lance, Alex, and Mindy out of their shock. My head snaps left, towards the huge window, as I hiss, "They are here."

Mindy rushes to the window. A strangled gasp reaches her throat and her skin goes white with fear. "T-t-there a-are s-s-so many!" She stammered. I calmly walk to the window while my friends rush over.

Coming from the forest was a huge black wave, twenty stories high, made up of all shadow demons. I look up at the moon to find that it was glowing white. It was a full moon and no gray spots were visible on it. The shrieks and screams grow louder and louder until that was all that was heard.

I hear a scream and my dragon vision flickers on. My eyes zone onto the scream, and there was a child. A child screaming and crying at the black wave coming closer and closer. Where are its parents!?

My motherly instincts flare up. I snarl as I turned vampire, my fangs coming out. Then, I was out. Super speed takes hold of me as I zoom through the castle. I burst into the field seeing the wave hulking right next the girl.

I fly forward, swooping the child into my arms as the first demon tries to attack it. I rush to the front gates of the castle with the child crying in my arms. The little gorgeous girl was a small little blonde thing of three years.

"Shhh.." I coo, "Its okay. Its okay..."

Her cries slowly diminish I tug on the large front doors to find they were totally sealed.

A crackle sounds next to me and I spin around. A black demon floated near as it snarled in Demontica, "You won't be able to save the girl or yourself! Everyone is trapped in.... Perfect for plucking. But you.... You decided not to cower deeper into the castle, but instead save our little trap. Thus, our plan didn't work on you."

"Daddy! Go away!" The girl starts to cry once again in Demontica, burying herself into my chest while clutching tighter onto me.

My eyes snap to the girl, and I notice her eyes were a bright violet. My eyes snap to the demon, Demontica taking over as my language, "You did this? You created and destroyed this child?"

"She is my child!" The demon laughed. The black screaming wave was getting awfully close.

I close my eyes, "She is mine now." A war scream takes my voice as my hand shoots forward. A white light explodes out. The demon screams in pain, sizzling under the light before disappearing.

I look at my hand in utter shock. I have light magic in human form?? I look towards the moon and notice a tiny gray speck on it. What the—...

The child nuzzled into me in fear. I pull her off of my shirt, "I promise I won't hurt you. You don't have to be afraid... You are a strong little girl that does not need to be afraid... okay?"

The child sniffles, and nods her head. Her cries diminishing. I gently smile, "Good... Now do you want to kick some Demon booty?"

She smiles and giggles, "You said booty."

I laugh, "Yes! I did! Shall we?"

The little girl nods as I grin. I feel tingling as my dragon comes out. With a swift whoosh, I was in full dragon form and with the child happily laughing on my back. I chuckle and look onto the oncoming hoard. The demons were shrieking and screeching like... well.... demons.

I take a deep inhale and breathe out a whispy glowing breath. The breath becomes a big ball of light that explodes into thousands of little ones. With the little balls acting like fireflies around us. The child giggles with glee. I nudge one towards her and she laughs, grabbing the ball of light and hugging it. I smile softly then look back at the terrifying wave that was rushing towards us.

"Ready?" I ask her in her head. She laughs, playing with the glowing ball. "I'll take that as a yes," I muse silently.

Then I charge, roaring out as those thousands of little light balls fly forward towards the demon wave. I run head first into the swarm, dodging, ducking, swatting, and lighting demons. The little balls of light that I create were attacking the demons. Each time a ball hit a demon, the demon was sizzle away. Soon enough, a pretty big circle was in the demon wave located where we were.

I look back at the castle to see we were defending it well. Villagers were pressed against the glass, looking solemnly down at me. They think I'm going to die! My dragon was tiring so I turn back human, taking my vampire form. A glass breaks.

My head snaps towards the castle. There was my pack of friends and family charging towards me to help with the demon by jumping out of the damn window. Idiots. My family of idiots, but still. I take the little girl from my back and take her into my arms.

My group slides into the little area that demons were avoiding, or the area with me in it. Alex and Simon take their lion and leopard forms. Amanda's hand lights up with a green magic. Mindy started having plants grow around her. Lance whistled and soon enough all the Pegasus were in the air behind him. He draws his sword, "You think we were going to give you all the fun?"

I grin, "Game on.... Go!"

Then we were off.

Alex and Amanda worked like a dream team. Alex attacked, Amanda destroyed.

Simon and Mindy worked like the gears of a machine. She defended, offended, while he finished off, caught, and trapped demons.

Lance was flying around with the horses as they were attacking the still humongous wave of demons.

"Come sweetie! Let's do this!" I tell the girl. She giggles, squirming in my arms. Demons were shrieking in pain or angry war cries around us as the wave decided to close in onto me. Super speed activates as my hand begins to glow with the light.

The child and I zoom around as I disintegrate demon after demon. "Can I please try?" The girl asks politely as I take a quick break. I look up at the moon to notice it was no longer pure white. The large black and gray spots were appearing on it. I look down at the hopeful girl. I could protect her if anything. I nod my head, panting, "Sure... Let's go..."

I dash back into the wave with the girl ahead of me in my arms. Her little plump hand was out and her violet eyes held determination. Her hand comes in contact with the demon and the demon screams in pain. Its ashes drop to the ground. My mouth drops. Did she just kill the demon with a touch??

The ashes disappear into the group. A flower pops out of the ground. No—She didn't kill the demon, she turned it into a damn flower! I look down upon her. Could this giggling demon-human child be the Sun Mythical?

I hear a slam by the castle. I look towards it to see the front doors wide open. Villagers poured out screaming war cries. They saw my little girl destroying a demon and decided they could too! Freaking finally.

The villagers attacked with their own magic and flashlights. The wave was halted from pouring into the castle.

Demons screamed as we easily overpowered them.

Bursts of light shone everywhere as everyone was using their own magic or attacking in their own way. The little girl and I made a great team as we disintegrated or transformed the demons. The moon started to become grayer as the wave was diminishing more and more.

The night continued on until all that was left was just one last demon. The wave was gone with ashes littering the ground. Blood was splattered everywhere. The winning side was surrounding the last demon in a large circle.

"Don't kill it." I order as I make my way to the last hissing demon. I turn into my dragon, my scales white. The demon starts to tremble. It speaks in Demontica, "H-h-how are y-y-you alive?!"

"I never died..." I replied. The little girl slides off my back and clutches onto my muscular dragon leg. She clutches my scales, "That's daddy's friend. He knows stuff..."

The demon looks at her and hisses, lunging forward. I roar, snapping open my wings to cover the girl. The demon freezes, its eyes raking across my lightning scar design. "It's you... The Keeper of the Key... The Destroyer... The Moon... It's you..."

Simon and Alex snarl by my side as the demon takes a step closer. I look towards Lance. "Lance."

"Yes, your majesty?" He says, not taking his eyes off the demon. I don't think any of the remaining villagers were taking their eyes off of this last demon.

"Take this demon and put him into my 'cave'. It's got a spell not to let demons in.... or out..." I command. "Amanda, use your magic to transport it. Release it once it is in the room. Mindy, clear out the room. Add some plants and make it more comfortable for the demon."

Shouts of outrage sound around me as the villagers show their hate towards this creature. "Enough." I silence them with a sweeping motion of my wing and without changing my tone.

"Kill the beast! Kill the child too!" Shouts someone from the back.

My head snaps towards their direction as my eyes zone out the person. It was a teen boy. "Step forward."

"Why would I listen to you?" The boy shouts back. I nudge the demon-human child back onto my back and take a step forward, still not losing my cool. "Come forward."

The villagers parted like flies as I took another step forward. The boy held his head high. I tilt my large dragon head, my scales turning back. The first rays of sunlight began to make them shine.

"You listened when we were fighting." I responded coolly, taking in the around nineteen-year-old boy.

"I listened to Sir Lance! Not you! You have no right to lead us! I am older than you! I have a right to kill the demon for trying to hurt me and my family! I have the right to kill its relations, meaning... that child!" He points to the girl sitting on my back. She whimpers, hiding her head into my neck.

The villagers chortle in agreement.

I turn human. The child in my hands. "Who do you think Sir Lance listens to? I never asked for your opinion whether to follow me or not. However, who was the first person to start protecting you? Who was the first person to start fighting? It was someone younger than you, meaning... me. I cannot take the credit for this war, we did this together. But you followed me into the battle. I protected you while you hid behind the crowd and the castle. You followed my family as they burst through the window to help me. And you dare talk about family? Killing something because of its relations to something else is not right! Yes, it will give you pleasure at that moment of time... then what! My mother, your precious queen, had a father who was the original Demon king. Are you going to kill her because she is half of him?"

"W-w-well... Then you would be part Demon King!" The boy shouts.

I flick my hand and instantly Lance, Amanda, and Mindy start to do their jobs. "Simon and Alex, get these people back into their levels. I'm sure they are very hungry. A feast will be held at the dining hall at 6pm... You may tell them." I tell the twins knowing clearly that the villagers could hear me.

My eyes slide to the boy, "You avoided my question. Are you going to kill my mother once I get her back because of her relation to the king?"

"The queen is dead!" The boy cries.

I shake my head, "No. Queen Kate is alive and well. She is being held in the Morris territory and it is my job to return her to you. However, you arguing with me is not helping me come up with a plan. Now let me ask again, will you kill her once she comes home because she is 'part demon'?" I ask, my voice still strong, clear, and neutral.

The boy bows his head, "No... Princess Catelyn. You are right, I am wrong... What is my punishment?"

I sigh, "The demon is our prisoner, giving it a death now will be its freedom. Now, you fought bravely, and you held your opinion strongly. There is no need for punishment. We are not a kingdom where thoughts are closed off if they are against a royal. You are not wrong and I am not right. You did well, and your opinion may be correct. However, this little girl is staying alive and with me. I am taking her. Now please, get some rest. You did amazingly just like everyone else. Go shower, sleep, and eat. Today was tough. It doesn't matter what age you are, we all fought strongly and deserve a rest." I walk to the boy.

I put my hand on the young man's shoulder, "Go... Don't do anything stupid."

He smiles, "You put too much trust on me your highness."

I grin, "That's better. Let's not start a war between you and me... okay?"

The boy smirks, "Deal... What are you going to name her?"

"Who?" I ask. The boy looks at the girl curled up in my arms, hiding her face, "The demon child."

I brush a strand of the girl's blonde hair away from her face, "You have pretty good thoughts, what do you suggest?"

The boy looks down at the girl and she looks at him, her purple eyes glossy.

"Violet," he decides.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 441 49
[COMPLETE] [[**Sequel, The Hybrid Harold, is up!**]] The first generation past the war has settled and the result is something no one from the past w...
2.3K 279 33
𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 π•Ώπ–œπ–” ~ π”‡π”žπ”―π”¨ π”‡π”―π”žπ”€π”¬π”« 𝔖𝔒𝔯𝔦𝔒𝔰 In a world where humans never existed, there're such beings of magic and wonder in their place...
17.4K 922 29
My eyes finally adjusted and I got a good look at the guy. Holy shit, he was HOT. He rivaled Lazarus, and that's saying a lot. He might even be mor...
2.5K 47 34
I fell in love with Hansel seven years ago. I fell in love with a side of him that was sweet, caring, persistent and loving. He taught me what it fe...