The Storm Ignites || Johnny S...

נכתב על ידי X-Lisa-Anne-X

Two years have gone by. Reed and Sue are getting married, Ben and Alisha are still happily together. As for... עוד

Two Years
Airports & Planes
Keeping Busy
Wedding Planning and The General
The Sensor
The Big Day
Changing Molecules?
Away from this Life?
The London Eye
Victor Von Doom
The Bar Talk
A Tachyon Pulse
Board Disconnection
Prisoners
Our Last Hours?
The End is Here
Fifth Times the Charm
BONUS - Along the Way
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
To Have and to Hold
TheWattys2016

Silver Surfer?

5.1K 147 10
נכתב על ידי X-Lisa-Anne-X

The last scene to this chapter is going to be different from what is shown in the movie, but I hope you like it!

Fantastic 5: The Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | A Silver Surfer?

"He looked like a man." Johnny was saying, talking about his experience with the Silver Surfer ... thing he had been chasing. "But completely covered in silver." He was baffled, wondering if he was imagining what had happened himself. But something was wrong, he couldn't get this bad feeling out of his gut and he didn't even know what it is.

Ever since he began falling back to Earth, being relinquished from the silver man's tightened grip around his throat, he's felt different. His 'Flame on' hadn't even worked properly, he was damn lucky to even be alive honestly. He could have become pudding in that desert if it wasn't for his determination to live.

"And he was flying this like-" Trying to use his hands to explain what his words couldn't fathom out, but the only thing he could really relate a word to was, "-like a surfboard thing." He groaned, shaking his head. He looked up to everyone staring at him, "I know that sounds crazy." He thought he was crazy until he almost became pudding.

June suddenly went over to him, entering the room from the kitchen, clutching a large glass of filtered water. She sat next to him on the step, "Here." She passed the glass to him carefully, noting the slightly shaken hands he tried to hide. When he came back to the Baxter building, she was so damn relieved – her internal body had given a huge sigh of relief. But during his departure, there had been a churning in her gut as to why he was taking so long ... but she was glad her feelings had been wrong this time.

When Johnny had returned, he had immediately sprung the notice for a gathering for not only the group but the General and his lackey's too. He was so in his head at the moment that he hasn't even given June a hug, or even asked for the little box back from Reed. He didn't seem to have a right thinking mode on – what was happening to him?

Ben scoffed over to the side, standing near Reed, "Oh, no – not at all." He spoke in an amused manner, finding this scene funny. He chuckled, unable to help it, "So did you follow the shiny man to Lollipop Land or the Rainbow Junction."

June snapped not wanting him and Johnny to get into a stint, especially right now, "Ben, quit it!" This was serious.

Johnny knew Ben would do this, he wouldn't have expected anything less. Especially, by the way, he's treated him since meeting him. "Look, I know what I saw." He said in a hard but exasperated voice. He was feeling tired, his body ached and his stomach was rolled but not in a good way.

"Thank you." Reed was the one to stop the possible fight before it broke out. The General looked at them like he usually acted but he didn't like the sound of what Johnny was saying, if it were true.

Reed took a deep breath, "It's okay, Johnny." He told the younger male sitting next to his sister. He then turned his everyone with an undivided attention, "Now, whatever this thing's physical appearance is – it has the ability to convert matter and energy."

The General frowned, thinking he understood, "So, it caused the anomalies."

"We shouldn't skip that far ahead, but, it does seem to radiate cosmic energy," June explained, shifting in her seat next to her boyfriend, turning herself into an 'information-giving' mode. "Otherwise, it wouldn't have affected my sensor the way it did."

Reed nodded, "When it exerts itself, it randomly affects matter. Evidently this ... entity, this..." Glancing over to Johnny, trying to figure out a good thing to call the creature for the moment. "...Silver surfer. It didn't want to be detected."

They were all gathered around in the room attached to where the Sensor had been kept and there were several fried wires hanging out of the machine much to June's dismay. "It destroyed my Sensor because It didn't want to be found."

Sue blinked in shock towards June, "It knew it was being monitored?" Sticking close by Reed.

June nodded slowly, sighing tiredly when she looked back on what happened at the wedding just mere hours ago. "Yeah, and it traced it back here. Whatever this thing is – it's powerful and resourceful."

Johnny felt the need to stand up, not wanting to hear any more. He really wasn't feeling well and after deciding that heading to get some sleep somewhere, it might not be such a bad idea. He grunted while starting to stand – his body felt slow and tired. His limbs felt shaky like he could collapse at any moment.

June watched him with concern riddled in her eyes, she's never seen him like this before. It slightly scared her for his well-being, "Are you feeling okay?"

Johnny let out a deep breath, "Yeah." He lied, "I just – I got to walk this off."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Worried for his safety.

"Nah, it's okay." He waved off her question, not wanting her to worry about him with this silver crisis looming over them. "They need you more than I do right now." Gesturing over to Reed and others before slowly walking out of the room, still clutching the glass of water in his hands.

June ignored the pinch of hurt affecting her heart as the General looked between her and Reed with the look of order written in his features. "We have to destroy this thing before it attacks again," He stated, "You two, find me another way to track it." And with that, he twisted on his heels and left the room. The two other officers following close behind. Once the elevator door dinged, they knew the three had departed from the Fantastic Five's apartment.

As soon as they were gone June got up from the step she sat on, brushing off the non-existent dirt. She wanted to find Johnny but first getting out of this dress and heels were gonna have to take priority. Her feet were killing her, and she just felt utterly uncomfortable in a dress today, Besides, she could practically feel the bubbling tension between her brother and Sue – she knew they had a lot to talk about.

"I'll leave you two alone."

Without even waiting for a reply, she ran a tired hand through her still curled hair and left the room – her heels clicking away on the floor as she did.

...

June gave a sigh of relief when she threw on her waterfall cardigan, now fully clothed in a pair of jeans and a tank top. Her legs no longer felt bare and naked, and her hair was now thrown into a bun that sprung a few strands from it.

It was just as she had entered the living room that had a full view of the outside world when she heard Johnny's yell; her vision turned sharply towards the window and her eyes widened in horror. Johnny was falling from the building, somewhere above with very little fire covering him – he wasn't flying like he usually was. It was like he just couldn't do it.

"Oh, my god!" She gasped, not even waiting for a second longer before she starting to sprint to the stairs – running out to him as fast she could to see if he was okay.

...

As June ran out of the Baxter building, puffing a little from sprinting down several cases of stairs – she saw Johnny leaning against one of the lantern poles, his body bent over and his hands on his knees. Breathing hard and shaking his head with bewilderment and confusion.

"Johnny!" She exclaimed, relieved that he didn't seem to be too hurt from the fall – but she did very worry about how he seemed to be acting right now, ever since he had that altercation with the Silver Surfer. There seemed to be a gathering crowd around him, so she pushed past many of the civilians to get to him. "Johnny, are you okay?" She immediately questioned upon reaching him.

Johnny shook his head while he still puffed out with exhaustion. He didn't get it, why was he feeling like this? Why weren't his powers working properly? "No," He admitted, "I've just been feeling really strange since my run-in with surfer boy."

June frowned, still concerned – she knew damn well that this happening to him wasn't particularly normal. "We should get you back up upstairs and get you checked out." She had been about to check his temperature by just resting the back of her hand against his forehead for a moment, but something else happened when she did. Neither of them knew what was happening but something seemed to shift inside of them, like something was transferring between; Johnny grunted while June gasped.

When June pulled back, it was then that she realised her hands were on fire. She knew it should hurt – but for some reason, it didn't. She stared at them, unable to think what was happening. Unlike her, Johnny had widened, horrified eyes but June kept her cool as if she knew what she was doing. But inside she panicked, trying to figure out what had just happened and what is happening right now.

"June, you're on fire!" Johnny finally found his voice, his voice filled with horror as he realised this must have been his doing. He shot out his hand, intending to soak back in the fire but something else happened – a stream of water magically appeared from his palm, falling to the ground before making a huge puddle beneath him. "What in the-" He was sure a swear word was about to come into play, but June stopped him. With this crowd around with camera, swearing would exactly go well with the media.

"We've switched powers." June guessed, looking between her still burning hand and the waterfall falling from Johnny's. But, how could this have happened? As much as she loved Johnny, she didn't want his power, she liked her own. "Johnny, touch me, see if they'll be put back." She didn't want to touch him, both her hands were on fire and she had no idea how to get rid of them. She didn't want to end up hurting him, although it probably wouldn't.

And he did just that by touching the top of her arm and just like before, that shifting change was felt between them again. But it worked, June's hands were no longer on fire and the stream of water was no longer spewing out of Johnny's.

Ignoring the crowd that seemed to be watching them like hawks, completely interested in what had just happened. "We have to go find Reed." June declared. Her heart suddenly longed as she kept a good distance away from it – she prayed her and Reed could figure a way to stop this soon. She couldn't deal with the fact that she might now be able to touch Johnny again, and that he couldn't touch her – they had to find a way around this.

Johnny nodded, glancing down at the little flame he conjured up on his finger. He felt so relieved that June's hand hadn't actually been on fire – he couldn't have taken it knowing he had hurt the woman he loved. But he had another bad feeling brewing in his gut about this because if the power switching had happened just by one touch – did that mean they couldn't touch again until this was fixed?

Follow, Fav and Review!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.8K 24
The Silver Surfer, an intergalactic herald serving Galactus, plans to destroy the Earth for his master. However, five superheroes must intervene and...
156K 3.3K 16
Life has hit hard, Maxine Grimm is feeling it, as she and Reed Richards along with her uncle, Ben Grimm, scrape the bottom of the barrel to make ends...
23.3K 594 21
{All rights go to Saban for his plotlines and characters in Power Rangers Samurai, everything except for the plotlines of my OCs, that do not follow...
49.8K 3.5K 120
MY FUTURE HUSBAND - BOOK FOUR: PART TWO, IN THE FORBIDDEN LUST SERIES DO NOT READ THIS BOOK FIRST!!!! "It was you... it was you all along..." May Pa...