roommates » jack gilinsky (#w...

By natemaloley

living with a male during my college career was the last thing on my list. + lowercase intended highest rank:... More

character visual
intro
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
epilogue pt. 1
epilogue pt. 2

six

100K 2.4K 2.2K
By natemaloley

"where the hell are you going?" jack asks me almost instantly as i step out of my room.

i finish putting on my last earring, "it's valentine's day. i have a date with adrian." i tell him.

"like hell you do." he replies, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"what are you talking-"

"i'm taking you out."

"excuse me?" i inquire, bewildered and stunned.

"you never catch things the first time it's said, huh? and you are not going out, especially not in that." he tells me.

"thank you, jack, but i'm almost twenty. i can fend for myself." i give him a snarky smile, which makes him just glare.

"cancel your date. we're going out." he orders, picking up a hoodie from the couch.

"you're ridiculous." i laugh. "why would you want to be seen with an ugly whore?" i narrow my eyes at him.

his eyes lock with mine and his facial expression softens, "you know i didn't mean that."

"it sure as hell seemed like you did." i cross my arms over my chest.

his eyes divert to my breasts immediately. i take notice instantly and remove my arms, setting them just at my sides.

"i'm going on my date with adrian. i don't need you to interfere with your fatherly demands." i snap.

he sighs, "why are you so stubborn?"

"i'm not stubborn. you're just impossible." i shrug.

there's a knock on the door and i put a smile on my face before opening it. adrian stands before me in a suit and tie, along with many valentine's gifts.

"you look amazing." he compliments, drinking me in.

my smile grows bigger, "thank you. so do you."

he hands me the gifts and i thank him once again, putting them on the counter. jack observes us carefully, narrowing his eyes and clenching his jaw.

"i would tell you two to have fun, but i don't lie." he flashes us a closed mouth smile.

adrian thins his lips, nodding toward jack in acknowledgement. i lock my arms in him before waving jack off.

"i'm sorry about that." i apologize to adrian.

"your roommate doesn't like me very much."

"no," i sigh. "he does not and i have no idea why."

i frown, but am cheered up suddenly because i'm reminded that i am going on an amazing date with an amazing guy on valentine's day. adrian opens the passenger door of his audi for me and i sit down inside.

my phone rings and i briefly close my eyes, trying to control my anger. it better not be jack. adrian looks over to me as he drives and i look back over to him, almost like i'm asking him permission to answer my own phone.

i slip it out of my purse and take a peek. mentally groaning when i see what's lit across my screen. i hate that man.

"what, mark?" i seethe.

"now, nova, is that the way you talk to your stepfather?" he questions in a chiding voice.

"nope, but that's the way i talk to the man my mother cheated on my father with."

"technically, you should be mad at your mother, not at me. it's been four years, nova. when are you going to get over it?"

"oh, you have no idea how mad i still am at her." i scowl, referring to my mom. "i also have every right to be angry with you because you just let it happen."

"you're nineteen. grow up." he tells me.

"you're a grown man going for married women and you're telling me to grow up?" i emphasize. "know your place before you try and call me again."

"i didn't mean for this to end in a fight, but your mother and i are in town for the weekend and she really wants to see you."

"then she should've been the one to call me." i say.

he sighs, "are you available?"

"i'm in no mood to see you guys and i'm on a date." is all i let him know before abruptly hanging up.

i sink down into my seat and shove my phone back into my purse. that ruined my day dry quickly.

"hey, you okay?" adrian speaks up.

"if i'm being honest, no."

"want to talk about it?" he asks nicely.

he's so considering and sweet. surely, someone i don't deserve to be with, but he likes me and i like him.

"maybe later." i bite the inside of my cheek, trying not to rudely brush him off.

i just don't like to talk about my family and i prefer not to. my dad, however, i could talk about for hours because he's a wonderful person and he's made me who i am today. oh the other hand, i try to avoid the topic of my mother.

the horrible role model who can't keep her legs shut.

*

during the entire dinner, i pick at my food, thinking about mark's words. the audacity he has to be getting on my last nerve. i look up to adrian and he watching me with concern and intent.

"my stepdad called." i speak up.

he might as well know why i'm being so distant and acting the way i am. adrian sits up and listens.

"yeah?"

"him and my mom are in town. his name is mark and five years ago, she cheated on my dad with mark and they married a year after her and my dad divorced." i spill, letting out a sigh at the end and it wasn't a relieved one.

"do you want to see them?" he asks, tilting his head.

i shrug my shoulders, "i don't know if that's a good idea."

"i'm not trying to pressure you into doing anything that you don't want to do, but i could drive you to them if you want to see them. or you could invite them to your apartment."

"where my perverted roommate lives? that's at the bottom of my list."

"well, what's at the top?" adrian asks.

"not seeing them." i muttter.

"okay." he softly smiles, reaching over to grab my hand. "then we won't go and see them."

"can we just go back to my place? cuddle and watch movies and eat chocolate? you bought me like three boxes." i laugh and his smile grows.

"indeed i did."

i stand from my chair as adrian places down the top and pays for the check. i'm not even going to bother arguing with him over paying because he already mentioned earlier that he was going to and we fought then.

he drapes his suit jacket over my shoulders as we walk out and i thank him.

"sorry for being such a bum. this date has been amazing."

"don't worry about it. i know where you're coming from."

i give him a weak smile and get into the car. the quiet hum of music flows throughout and the drive back to my place isn't long at all.

"actually, i think i might go in alone." i say to adrian. "thank you for the date. i'll call you tomorrow?"

he nods his head in understanding, "bye, nova." he says as he kisses my cheek as a farewell.

i make my way up to my apartment room, passing college students along the way up. i open the front door, knowing that jack most likely didn't lock the door. he never does and that's dangerous.

i stop in my tracks when i see jack with two other people. they all lift their gaze up to me and my mouth suddenly dries.

"what are you two doing here?" i narrow my eyes at them.

"your father gave me your address a while ago." my mom says, standing up from my couch.

what a liar. like my father can even remember my address. he can barely remember me.

"why the hell would he do that?" i raise my voice. "he hates you and i hate you."

"nova." jack tries to calm me down.

"no, don't you dare tell me to calm down." i seethe at jack and he holds his hands up in surrender.

"mark told me that you were on a date. dressed like that? you're nineteen, nova. don't dress like you're a grown woman. you have the mentality of a child and the last thing i want is for people to be calling my daughter a hoe."

"god." i shake my head. "you just reminded me as to why i hate you so much. why do people keeping telling me how old i am? i'm aware of my own age!"

"that doesn't give you an excuse to dress like that." mark steps in.

"so what if i get called a hoe? my roommate calls me cruel names on the daily! i might as well get used to it." i shout, gesturing over to jack, who's face flashes with hurt and guilt.

my mom licks her lips, opening her mouth to say something, "i came here, thinking that you've changed-"

"well, you've wasted your time." i cut her off, quieting down my voice and my eyes pooling with tears. "my roommate will show you the way out."

"nova, he has a name." mark sternly scolds me like he's my own father.

"my roommate will show you out." i repeat through gritted teeth, furiously wiping away the tears that have trickled down my cheeks.

{vote, comment, share}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 75K 40
"i'm your boss, not your friend." + lowercase intended highest rank: fanfiction #4
811K 6.6K 50
+lowercase intended // whole lotta hot sex // nate maloley // not all sex though // completed!!! #1 ranked nate maloley fan fiction (7/26/21)
1.7M 34.1K 22
"this is so wrong, but it feels so right." + lowercase intended highest rank: fanfiction #48
3.9K 117 17
"Go find another Roommate"