The Valentine's Note

By TryTillYouSucceed

"Strange," I remarked as the waitress left us at a table in the corner. "You seem like a person who has lots... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Announcement
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Announcement!
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 23

18.7K 851 250
By TryTillYouSucceed

YES, IT'S A DOUBLE UPDATE! VALENTINE'S DAY WOULDN'T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT SOME SAVA! 

I stood there, stunned and staring at Seth. What the hell was he doing here?

He lifted his arm and pointed at me and then pointed down, gesturing for me to come down. Frowning, I shut my window and my curtains. Who does he think he is, coming here in the middle of the night after ignoring me for like a week?

My phone buzzed on my bed, flashing Sexiest man I know on it. I hit the ignore button and sat down on my bed to take a breath but that was not what Seth wanted since my phone buzzed again. It was a text this time.

If you don't come down here, I'll come up there. I'm sure you don't want me to ring the doorbell at this time, do you?

My eyes narrowed at his response. Shutting my eyes and letting out an irritated breath, I calmed myself down before grabbing my robe and putting it on as I walked down the stairs as quietly as possible. I opened the front door quickly so as to ensure it didn't creak and made my way out to where Seth was standing near his bike.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I whisper shouted, trying my best to ignore how good he looked in that black leather jacket over his white t-shirt.

"Why are you whispering?" he whispered back, moving closer to me.

I glared at him. "Seriously, Seth. What are you doing here?"

He shrugged, slipping his hands into the pockets of his black jeans. "I just wanted to see you."

"Oh, that's great. I want to see Ian Somerhalder but you don't see me throwing rocks at his window at this hour," I said sarcastically. "Besides, after ignoring me for so long, what's makes you want to see me now?"

"Do you want to go on a ride?" he asked, angling his body towards his bike and ignoring my question.

"No, I do not want to go on a ride!" I exclaimed. "Seth, why are you here?"

He sighed. "I just want to talk."

"So you thought coming to my house in the middle of the night was how you'd talk to me? Ever heard of a cell phone?" I questioned, trying my best to keep my anger in check.

"Look, Ava," he said, taking another step towards me and reaching for my hands but I pulled back. "I need to talk to you."

"Fine," I said after a moment. "I'm listening."

"I know the perfect place to go, come with me?" he asked, looking sincere.

"I'm grounded," I said, looking away.

"I'll drop you back in an hour or two," he offered. "Your parents won't find out."

"Why can't-"

"Please," he insisted, making me look at him which was a mistake since his sincere, deep dark eyes stared right into mine and I knew I was a goner.

"Okay fine, give me five, I have to change," I explained and he nodded eagerly.

I walked back to the front door and made my way up to my room quietly. As I pulled on a baggy white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, I considered my decision again. Was it really the wisest decision to go out with Seth at 12:32 am with the added bonus of me being grounded? Probably not but no matter how much I tried denying it, I really wanted to know what Seth had to say.

I walked out the front door a few minutes later.

"Let's go," I said, approaching Seth who was busy looking at his phone.

Looking up at me, he smiled and swung his leg over the bike. Hesitatingly, I climbed onto the bike behind him. Since I didn't want to touch Seth, I grabbed onto the back of the bike.

"Ready?" he asked, turning his head to the right to look at me.

"Yes," I breathed.

I saw the corner of his mouth lift up before he revved the engine and we were zooming down the street. The sudden pull made my arms go around his torso. He looked down at it, making me want to kill myself. I tried to pull away but his hand stopped me and held both my hands in place, giving it a quick squeeze he let go.

The cool wind blew my hair out of my face conveniently as we cruised down the dark, empty streets. I wasn't going to lie, this felt good. No wonder Seth enjoys bike racing so much.

Just when I was getting comfortable, Seth lurched the bike to the right and then to the left and continued in a meandering way. I squealed out loud followed by a loud laugh.

"Seth! Stop!" I said, laughing loudly but I didn't really mean it.

He laughed as he continued riding normally. I hit his back playfully.

"What if something happened?" I yelled over the breeze. He continued laughing and shrugged in response.

Laughing, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the environment around me. Opening my eyes, I slowly removed my arms from around Seth and held my arms out. As I gained more courage, I straightened my arms completely and started laughing.

"This feels so good!" I exclaimed with laughter.

Seth didn't respond but I imagined him smiling. Slowly, I let my arms return around him, smiling widely. I let my left cheek rest against Seth's back. His leather jacket was surprisingly soft.

Eventually, we slowed down near a building that was familiar to me. I sat up straight and looked around to see the same abandoned building we'd been to after the first time I'd seen him in a bike race. A slow smile spread across my face.

"This is your perfect place?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow at him.

He nodded, mirroring my smile and got off the bike with me still sitting on it. He outstretched his hand towards me. I looked down at it and after thinking for a moment; I placed my hand in his and got off the bike.

He didn't let go of my hand as we walked to the elevator of the building. Entering the elevator, he let go of my hand for a brief second to hit the button to the top floor and then, laced his fingers with mine again. I didn't object, though.

Seth walked forward and opened the door which led to the ladder aligned against the wall, giving me a sense of déjà vu. We reached on top and instantly, I was hit by a gust of wind. I regretted not carrying a jacket along.

We walked to the ledge hand in hand and cautiously sat down. Just like last time, the view was breathtaking. The twinkling lights made it seem as we were floating above a galaxy of stars. I looked up to see a hauntingly beautiful moon hidden amongst the clouds, lighting up the clouds around it. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over this view.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I spoke up, my voice slicing through the silence.

He cleared his throat before saying, "I don't really know where to start."

You could start by apologising, I thought to myself.

"Do you like Tyler?" he asked, making my head jerk up to look at him. Really? This is how we wants to start?

"Yeah, he's a nice guy," I responded.

"I meant if you liked him more than a friend," he justified.

"Why do you care?" I snapped. "You haven't talked to me at all for the past I don't know how many days but now when you are talking to me, that's the first you want to know?"

"I care because I like you!" he exclaimed, shutting me up.

"No," I answered, "I don't like Tyler in that way."

He sighed and said, "Well, that's a relief and just for the record, I think you should stay away from Tyler. He doesn't necessarily have the best reputation."

I scoffed as my eyebrows shot up. Okay, now I was pissed. "Excuse me? He's one of the nicest people I've met and he has his own stuff to deal with so stop judging him. Besides, who are you to tell me who I can and cannot be friends with? First, you were an asshole to me all of last week and now-"

He shut me up by cupping my cheeks and pulling me close to him. His soft lips landed on mine with force. I felt myself sigh internally. This was what I wanted- for him to kiss me.

No! No! This isn't what I want! Ava, stop.

And stop I did. I placed my hands on his shoulders and pushed him away. "Stop, Seth! You can't just ignore me for a week and then kiss me. Kissing me isn't the answer to this."

He sighed and licked his lips. Running his hand through his hair, he looked at me with guilt in his eyes. "Ava, I'm sorry," he said, reaching for my hands and this time, I didn't pull away. "I'm really sorry for hurting you; you didn't deserve any of that. I was just being stupid...I was confused. But today, when I saw you with Tyler, it made me realise how much I actually liked you and that I wasn't going to let anyone else take my girl."

My girl.

"I know I was a jerk and if you don't want to forgive me, I would understand but please, just give me one chance," he pleaded. "I won't ever hurt you again."

I looked away from his pleading brown eyes. "How am I supposed to trust you? How am I supposed to know that you won't wake up tomorrow morning and decide that you're just going to continue ignoring me because you were 'confused.'"

"I know, it was dumb," he admitted, "but please, all I'm asking for is for one chance."

"One chance for what?" I questioned, confused.

Right there, on that ledge with the beautiful skyline beyond us, Seth Riley asked me the one question I was secretly dying for him to ask me. "Be mine?"

My eyes flicked up to meet his as my lips parted. "You're sure you want this?"

He nodded, "Yes, I want this. I want you."

"Okay," I replied awkwardly.

"Okay?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow. "That's all you're going to say?"

"What else am I supposed to say?" I asked, feeling a little nervous.

"I don't know," he answered, shrugging. "Expected something more dramatic."

"Well, drama is something I've always been bad at," I explained with a laugh.

"You'll learn eventually," he responded with a grin. "Do you want this?"

"Yes," I said honestly with a smile. "Yes, I do."

"Good," he said. "Now, about that kiss..."

A grin spread onto my face slowly as I leaned in towards him and captured his lips with mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let one hand move up to run through his soft, dark hair. His hand was on my waist firmly while the other was on my back. I have to admit, Seth Riley was a good kisser. I pulled away slowly but kept my lips close to his and my forehead touch his.

"You're mine," he whispered.

"I'm yours," I agreed as he leaned in for another kiss.

A/N- THEY FINALLY KISSSEEDD! YEP, THIS IS MY LITTLE VALENTINE'S DAY SURPRISE AND GIFT TO ALL OF YOU! YOU CAN GIVE ME A GIFT BY VOTING FOR THIS CHAPTER, COMMENTING ON IT AND SHARING IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! :D 

Did anyone notice the reference to the book cover? :3 

Also, it's almost midnight and I have school tomorrow but I really wanted to put this up for you guys so...you're welcome :p

I shall go to bed now. Love you guyss! <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 106K 32
For three years, Juliana has seen how her brother and his friends play the game. A game that every girl at Roosevelt High knows about. She has seen h...
2.5M 57.9K 29
Nora Walters has always been in love with her best friend's brother, Asher. Asher is a bad boy player, who is constantly going through girls like the...
248K 5.4K 19
Preferences for Glenn, Daryl, Rick, Carl, Carol, and Michonne. Feel free to put in requests!
63.9K 2.6K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.