dear jakob // EDITING

By lysdeguzman

"You left first." "But that doesn't mean I stopped caring." ______ diary N O U N /' ˈdʌɪər... More

NOTE

one

1.1K 61 17
By lysdeguzman

DISCLAIMER: I am not a real author/writer and, I write this book for the fun of doing it. Feel free to give constructive criticism but, please, don't give me hate. I'd rather that you not rush me and keep, repeatedly, asking me to update when I've just posted a new chapter. Reading a chapter may take you about 10 minutes, but making one takes at least 3 days or more. And please forgive me for any late updates or grammar mistakes. Thank you. Happy reading!

CHAPTER ONE

He left me first.

Though it seems that I was the one who left, he was the one that left me emotionally. He's the first one to leave and not me. Despite being there physically, he felt so far away from me, like we were just strangers being forced to sit next to each other, like we didn't know each other all our lives, like everything that ever happened to us was nothing. It hurts to know that in someone's eyes- especially the ones that are close to you- you're no longer someone they care about. For weeks, I couldn't get over the fact that Jakob just left me, without any word or 'sorry, I don't think we should be friends', he could've at least said something. But then, 'reality' gave me a good slap in the face, making me realize that I don't need him because if he doesn't need me, then neither do I.

  I'd be so pathetic continue sobbing over him, to hold onto something that isn't even there. And holding on isn't all good either, it holds you back from becoming a better version of yourself.

The pain of having to go to school is very similar to the pain of being left behind, it just hurts so much more. I dread going to school every single day and I have to drag my feet walking to class, I'm sure everyone does it, pretty much the entire school population hates the idea of 'school'. But, at least, I'm almost done with it, just half a year more and I'm free.

Right before I step into the school boundaries- after parking my bike right outside-, I close my eyes and take a deep breath, the cool morning air lightly kissing my face. The muscles in my body relax as I breathe out, feeling a slight tingle circling around my body. I usually do this every time I didn't feel like going to school, just to help brace myself for everything good and bad that's going to happen today. I open my eyes. "Time for hell to officially start." I mumble under my breath.

I try to find Denisa. She's most likely talking to her other friends beside her locker. But, I doubt that, she told me yesterday that she had something really important to tell me today. Knowing Nisa, she wouldn't be able to contain her excitement or sadness and would literally hunt me down. The first place I look at is my locker area, which the most crowded area of the school, because all the popular kids's lockers are here; and it's called the 'Athlete's Lane'. It's pretty lame if you ask me. And because of this, the school arranged everyone else's lockers depending on the type of Co-Curricular activity they're in, so, we have 'Artist's Lane' and 'Musician's Lane' and so much more. The name lives up to the lockers, because all the student athlete's lockers are here, and mine too (even though I'm not a student athlete anymore).

Pushing through crowd, I get some waves and greetings, which I hastily return, and in spite of looking at every part of the school that she might possibly be at, she was no where to be found. Sighing, I get back to my locker and get my materials needed for the class. I text Nisa, asking her where she is as I walk to the classroom. My phone buzzes in my hand and the text reads 'soz girl, im sick and im not pulling a sickie, i promise. luv ya'. As I type back, something hard hits against me.

And before I could even comprehend what was happening, I had a guy in my arms- which was where the books I had just taken were, previously. In movies, the guy would always catch the girl falling, but, never have I imagined a girl catching a guy. I panicked internally, which resulted in me dropping him and a loud moan escaping his lips.

A hand flew to my mouth as I offer him my other hand, "sorry, didn't see you there."

He takes my hand and brings himself up, almost pulling me together with him. "No worries."

Slowly, a small smile or smirk- I really can't tell, tugs across his jaw as his eyes look directly into mine. "I know I'm handsome and all but you don't have to stare, didn't your mum teach you manners?"

My eyes were focused on him until what he just said finally sets in my mind. "I wasn't staring at you," I say. "I really wasn't staring at you and watch where you're going.  Doesn't mean you're new means that you can go around banging books off of people." A sickly sweet smile etches itself on my face as I gather all my books that were scattered on the ground, turning on my heel and leaving.

I walk away from Jawline; seriously, that thing is sharper than a knife. And that was the only thing I noticed apart from the fact that he is extremely dashing. So many girls are going to swoon over him and they're all going to want him as their boyfriend. And I'm never wrong when it comes to predictions; I'm actually a physic. My physic-senses tell me that he's going to try out for the soccer team tomorrow.

Yes, I can tell if you're a soccer player or not, it's not that hard, just look at the calves. But they might be a basketball player, so don't tell them you're secretly guessing their life story because all your chances at getting a social life with disappear into thin air. Lucky for me, all the boys in the soccer team are like brothers to me and I'll never make a mistake like that. Well, I don't know about you, just don't blab about guessing their life story.

"Your Highness!" Bracing myself for the impact of the bear hug that was bound to come, I shut my eyes and say a silent prayer, which was cut short when I feel my bones slowly crushing.

Three out of eleven of the soccer team is standing in front of me, gleaming like idiots and I don't know why. I'm actually starting to suspect that Nisa is possessing them. "Okay, which window did you break this time?"

"The art room one," Marco says, "but, it was Daniel's fault this time." I look at Alexander, expecting a shrug or a nod, because of the mere fact that he's the most responsible out of the three.

Alex laughs, "but Marco kicked the ball out of school boundaries."

"Principal Stevens can't scold us if he got no proof." Dan taps his forehead as if to say 'I'm a genius', which he really isn't. He's the one that broke the most windows out of all the boys, and he's keeping the record for himself.

Marco rolls his eyes and sighs while Alex and I laugh at Dan's stupid logic. "True, but some guy might find your ball and report it," I say. "This wouldn't be the first time it would happen."

"Are you doubting my famous kicks?" Marco asks out of disbelief, "come on Lys, my kicks can go long distances." This is my favorite part of being the coach's niece, I get to watch the boys go through my uncle's wrath; he isn't that bad, they're just softies. And they absolutely hate it when I underestimate their soccer skills, and I like messing with them,nonetheless, they're great players.

"Aww," I coo, "is wittle Marco sad that his kicks weren't strong enough?" I tickle his chin while the other two snicker loudly. Marco swats my hand away, "I'll tell Luis to release those photos."

The other thing that comes along with being with the team most of the time, they get photos of you from every angle, most of which are extremely bad. "I could care less if Luis released those."

Daniel buts in, "and he got some pictures of you with Jakob Delgado, like a shit ton of them."

I freeze, I haven't heard his name in years and now it sounded so weird. "We played a lot of games together, and I got those pictures so that I can show off to people like you guys that I met someone famous." I stick my tongue out, even though it was super childish, also because I liked picking on them.

The boys believed what I said, no doubts were to be seen on their faces. I never had to worry about someone finding about my past because I never told anyone, not even Nisa. And plus, it's all in the past. I've already moved on from him and from that town.

"I've met plenty of famous people, excuse me." Alex says, folding his arms over his chest.

  "Like who? Mickey Mouse and his friends?" I tease, giggling. He pouts at me before punching me in the shoulder. Dan and Marco laugh uncontrollably, Daniel putting his hand on his stomach and bending down.

"You're mean." Alex says. In return, I give him a sweet smile that says 'I'm innocent, not really, but you love me'.

The other two were still gasping for air and looking like complete idiots; even if they're not laughing, they still look like idiots. Shaking my head, I say, "it's not even that funny."

Alex nods, "I agree."

I roll my eyes. "Shut up, Alex."

We ended up getting late for our Chemistry class together because Daniel couldn't stop laughing. Every time he stopped, he'd look at Marco and start laughing again, which never ended until Principal Stevens came out and kindly escorted us to our respective homerooms. Let's just say that Principal Stevens and Daniel were not exactly the best of friends despite Daniel visiting him very often.

"It's all your fault." Dan whispers, showing me that stupid pout of his.

  I snicker. "It's not my fault that you and Mr. Stevens have a love-hate relationship."

  The rest of the day consisted of me trying to fall asleep in class because I'd rather not listen to Mr Nieves babble about the chemical reactions that take place when you put two elements together and that one time he almost burned himself to death.

  Intently waiting for the clock to strike dismissal, I tap my feet impatiently, the sound of my shoes coming intact with the floor bouncing off the walls. I was already done with the test that was given earlier and now I had nothing to do but watch the clock tick. I've reviewed my answers multiple times and ensured that no mistakes would be found, but knowing my careless ass, I'd probably lose 10 marks because of it.

  Alas, the bell rings, signalling the end of my misery and the start of my rule (because I'm the queen on the soccer team even though I'm not part of it, and they all bow down to me, their royal highness). Duh.

Walking out of the room, I run into Tony.

"M'lady."

Laughing, I shake my head. He grins and motions me to link arms with him, which I do. Together, we walk towards the field, and that took around a dozen minutes, considering the fact that our speed was probably slower than a turtle running.

"Coach's gonna leave next week," he says, looking at me, "and you're gonna take over."

  A triumphant grin takes over my face. The coach was my uncle, which was why I've been able to watch the boys train and play ever since I arrived in this town. And, I get to take over his place whenever he needed to run some errands, which was the epitome of fun. I get to make them do whatever I wanted them to do, but, on the other hand, I let them skip practice because I can be lazy.

  "You already know what that means." I suggestively raise my eyebrows, causing Tony to laugh.

  "Yes, m'lady."

  Ironically, the boys never tell Coach a single thing, because what happens on the field, stays on the field. If it doesn't, it gets spread all over the school, like that one time Daniel peed on the field and Marco got a picture of it and he 'accidentally' posted it, the next day that picture was plastered all over school. Dan wasn't even ashamed, it was more of the opposite, he was actually proud of it—'it hit to birds with one stone! I get to annoy Stevens and people know that I have a huge dick'

  I greet the boys and place my bag on top of the table, walking towards them briefly after. Coach soon comes into view, carrying equipment that should be carried one by one, instead of being carried all together. My tito was stubborn (he still is, which is probably why his dog ran away), taking after my father in so many ways.

"Iha! " He shouts, waving at me with his free hand. "Now, don't run around pestering the boys, we don't want you dying on my watch." His jokes are just as bad as my Dad's, and their humor is entirely based on me, and I don't know why, it's just unfair.

"Don't jinx yourself," I shout, walking over to him and grabbing the ladder, "nothing is impossible."

______

this is a pretty short chapter, buuut, don't worry, my chaps are usually longer than zayn malik's eyelashes. ;0 and this will be the only chapter for a while because imma be posting the rest all at once ;);););));); okay byee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 6.7K 22
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
248K 6.4K 63
The Shadow Realm has taken 7 students captive to face the Phantoms. You and your crazy best friend, Aiden Clark, help the group as everyone works to...
256K 10.8K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
862K 33.4K 81
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...