The Maid of Honor

Galing kay xstardux

After an incident in high school, Harley Morgan has sworn off relationships. Since that night, she has become... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1: Two Less Fish In The Sea
Chapter 2: Sweet Home Miami
Chapter 3: Come Classy Leave Trashy
Chapter 4: Lovely Ladies
Chapter 5: That's What She Said

Chapter 6: As Shallow As A Kiddie Pool

938 42 9
Galing kay xstardux

----> a picture of the wedding invitation

Chapter 6: As Shallow As A Kiddie Pool

"You want us to what?" I asked incredulously, not sure if I heard her right.

Jane rolled her eyes at Joanna and I's dumbfounded faces. "We want you two to stay in Miami with us." She states slowly.

Even when she repeated those words ten times slowly than it was in the beginning, we still had trouble processing the information. 

"Like stay here? Until the wedding?" Joanna asked, the blonde in her leaking out.

I could tell Jane felt the same way as she sighed, rolling her eyes again. "Yes." She answered as though talking with a kindergartener. Joanna and I turned to look at each other, not knowing what to say.

"I-i guess I can?" The blonde answers, though it sounded more like a question. 

I turned to look at her. "What about modeling?"

She pondered my question thoughtfully before answering, "Well I don't have any major shoots coming up. The biggest one is for Burberry in London, but that's in like a month from now. So I can just go up for like 2-3 days and do the shoot and come back." 

Jane nodded, liking the idea. The two turned towards me, expectantly.

I bit my lower lip as I answered them. "I guess I can do it. What's better than spending two months on vaca on the beach? There's bound to be loads of hot men." I state. 

Before I left New York, I was told by my management that I needed to design 10 more wedding dresses before September. Now that I think about it, staying here might give me some inspiration. 

Joanna smirked, obviously liking the idea. 

"Perfect!" Jane chirped, ignoring the part about hot men, clapping her hands together. "You two can move in by the end of the week! Unfortunately right now is a full house, but people will be leaving throughout the week."

Joanna and I both smiled at how enthusiastic Jane was about the whole move. 

"Oh! That reminds me. There's actually a barbecue tonight held on this beach. Pretty much everyone from this bridal shower will be going. Along with Cameron and the groomsmen." 

My blonde friend and I shot each other sly looks before smiling innocently at Jane. "That sounds lovely." I answered.

She smiled back at me. "Perfect! Well, it's 4:30 now, so you two might wanna go home and change. The barbecue is at 7." 

Joanna and I nodded, before excusing ourselves. We made our way to the entrance of the room after saying our goodbyes. Once we were safely outside, Joanna and I looked at each other, squealing.

"Party with the groomsmen!" She cheered.

I smirked. "Fresh meat." Then paused before adding an afterthought, "They better be cute."

So what? I'm shallow, sue me.

"They are bound to be." Joanna scoffed. "I mean Cameron's hot. His groomsmen definitely should be too." 

I laughed. "Don't let Elizabitch hear you say that. I doubt she forgot about the incident a few years ago."

Joanna cracked up, nodding her head, obviously knowing what incident I was talking about. After high school, we all went our separate ways, but we all met up at the beach for our Christmas break. For the longest time since that summer, Elizabeth had been ranting on about her new boyfriend and finally we would get to see him. That day, Elizabeth was running late and Joanna, Cameron, and I were all at the beach. We introduced ourselves to Cameron, not knowing who he was, and Joanna immediately began flirting.

~Flashback Begins~

"Where is she?" Joanna groaned, stretching out on the sand.

"I have no idea, she's supposed to be here like 10 minutes ago." I stated, flipping around so I was lying facedown with my back to the sun. One of the best things about living in Miami was that it was hot, even in the winter. 

There was a brief pause between us before we both turned to look at each other. 

"Drinks?"

I smirked. "It's like you read my mind."

We both hastily got up, running towards our favorite place on the beach, the bar. 

"Got your i.d.'s?" The bartender immediately asked. 

"Right here." We both answered, whipping out our fake i.d.'s. 

We were both only 20, so we still relied on our fake i.d.'s that we've had on us ever since our Freshman year. However, Joanna was about to turn 21 which meant she would no longer have to lie to the law, lucky bitch.

"Great, what would you two lovely ladies like?" He asked flirtatiously.

I had a feeling that the only reason he checked for our i.d.'s was to make sure we were legal enough for him to hit on us.

"Sex On The Beach." Joanna immediately answered causing me to roll my eyes.

"And you? I'll give you a drink on the house." He asked, his eyes roaming down my body. 

Another great thing about this bar was that you didn't have to bother with appearances. No shoes, no shirt, no service did not apply.

"Surprise me." I flirted back, trying not to gag. 

He smirked, giving me a nod, going back to his station. I turned towards Joanna, rolling my eyes at how easy this was. 

"Hey look over there." Joanna states, nodding in the right direction.

I immediately knew who she was talking about despite the scattered male figures in that area. There was no way of not noticing him. He approached the bar and as he came closer, I took in all of his features. From his dark blonde hair that was messily spiked upwards to his amazing surfer's body, he was quite a catch.

"Damn, he's a cute one." I stated.

Joanna scoffed. "He isn't just cute! He's sex on legs!" She called out, pointing towards him.

The male took note of us, giving us both a weird look, but neither of us were flustered or embarrassed.

"Hey cutie, are you single?" Joanna immediately asked.

"I have a girlfriend." He immediately answered.

I was impressed at how faithful he was, especially when someone like Joanna was talking to him. Joanna has been a homewrecker on numerous occasions and it didn't look like she was going to stop. 

"Well, is she here?" She fired back.

He ran his hand through his hair, making it more sexy than it already was. "She's running late."

"I can work quick." Joanna offered.

I choked back a laugh when I saw how uncomfortable he looked.

"What's your name?" My best friend asked.

"Cameron. My boyfriend."

The voice came from a person behind us and we both turned to see his unamused girlfriend, Elizabeth. Joanna bursted out laughing when she saw her.

"Hey Lizbitch." Joanna greeted.

The man, Cameron, turned towards Elizabeth in confusion. "You know them?"

"Yeah they are the girls that I brought for you to meet. Cam, this is Hoe-anna and Whoreley."

Cameron furrowed his eyebrows at our names. "Hoanna and Whoreley?"

"They're real names are Joanna and Harley. But as you can see, they're both sluts." Elizabeth stated dryly.

"And proud to be." I answered with a wide grin.

"It's great to see you Elizabeth." I said, wrapping her in a hug despite her protest.

"Eh no hard feelings right Lizbitch?" Joanna asked.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "Of course not, come here."

They both embraced in a hug that only left Cameron more confused. He wasn't aware of the messed up friendship we all shared.

"But if you do it again, I will cut you." Elizabeth threatened.

Yup, we're still friends after 10 years.

~Flashback Ends~

We both reached the hotel and after harassing the bell boy, we finally made our way up to the penthouse.

"You wanna shower first?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Sure. Wait, what are you gonna wear?"

She paused, thinking about it. "Hm. Probably some shorts and a crop top or something." 

I nodded, before going to the bathroom, an outfit in mind. I took a longer shower this time than the one in the morning, scrubbing every inch of my body. I turned off the water, and wrapped a towel around my body.

"You can go in now." I stated as I entered the living room.

Joanna looked up boredly from the television, and nodded. I entered my room, tossed the towel on the bed, and entered the closet. I put on my undergarments first, before staring at the abyss of clothes. I finally settled on a pair of ripped denim shorts and a black tank top that hung onto my curves. I settled for my beach flip flops, and went to do my makeup.

Hours later, I stood in the living room, fully dressed with my makeup down and my fiery red hair cascading in waves down my back. 

"You ready yet?" I asked, looking down at my phone. It was 6:53.

"Yeah." She said, entering the living room. 

We were basically wearing the same shorts and flip-flops but she opted for a white crop top that showed off her belly piercing.

"Nice piercing. I didn't notice it earlier."

"Thanks. I forgot all about it because most of my shoots don't let me keep it in." She said, grabbing her phone from the couch.

"Ready to be fashionably late again?" I asked.

She scoffed. "1. We're always late. And 2, it's worth it because we look hot."

I rolled my eyes. "We always look hot."

We got into the elevator where we both examined ourselves in the mirror. 

Joanna opens her mouth, "Damn, if I were a guy, I would fuck us both."

This is why we're best friends; we're two shallow bitches. 

"I'm a very simple person. I'm very shallow. Shallow, simple, easily pleased: that's me." ~Rita Rudner

Author's Note:

How was the chapter? In the next chapter we get to meet the groomsmen! Get excited!

xx

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

50.3K 2.4K 38
Cassabelle Johnson just found her best friend and her boyfriend having sex in her apartment outraged and hurt by this she goes to a bar to get drunk...
9.1K 267 68
"Our eyes meet and I forget how to breathe. Worlds change when eyes meet. It's in the eyes. Always the eyes. Eye contact is a dangerous, dangerous th...
26.6K 437 24
"I just wanted a new start. The feeling of being alone was not a good feeling. It just made you want more and more. I sniffed and splashed some water...
30.9K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...