Love Ain't Cheap

By CherrySodaPop

Sixteen year old Derek has a celebrity crush on eighteen year old Miya Delaris. When Miya transfers to his hi... More

Chapter 1~Worlds Apart
Chapter 3~Blazing Miami

Chapter 2~UK Skies

16 2 3
By CherrySodaPop

Miya rose from her bed slowly, tired from last night's movie premiere.

She had on a brown and white striped cami with white pajama shorts. She also had on a white eye mask that had the words, Don't Disturb, on it.

She took the eye mask off and walked over to the window. She pulled away the silk violet curtains away and looked at the busy streets of London.

"Just one more day...After that, we have to go to Miami to film the next movie..." she trailed off.

She walked over to the closet, sifted through her wardrobe, and put on a black blouse with brown skinny jeans and sliver sandals that had rainbow colored diamonds on it.

She curled her hair, tied her hair back in a low ponytail with a black scrunchie, picked up her black Coach purse, and headed down the metal spiral staircase to the lower floor.

"Miya, how did you sleep?" her dad, who was sitting at the table while reading the newspaper and sipping on some orange flavored tea, asked.

"I slept very well last night. However, I am quite bothered..." Miya trailed off as she sat down across from her dad. 

The maid placed a plate of eggs and bacon in front of Miya and she began to eat.

"Huh? What's wrong, dear?" her dad asked.

"It's just that...I didn't like the ending of Blood Red. There was the shooting duel with Drake and Robin and Robin got shot down too many times..." she trailed off as she took a bite out of her bacon.

Her dad had on a weak smile as he put down his cup.

"You were just like your mother..." he turned on his phone and looked at a woman on his wallpaper screen. "She hated violence. However, she got killed by violence..." he trailed off.

The girl was beautiful. She sort of resembled Miya, but the hair color was a big difference. Miya  originally had blonde hair, but dyed it when she went into seventh grade. The girl had short blonde hair and her blue eyes sparkled in the photo. She was at the beach and she was waving at the camera.

Her dad sighed.

"Your mom was very beautiful. I wish that you could get to meet her. But, she died before you could." he turned off his phone and went back to reading the newspaper.

"Come to think of it, you never showed me a picture of Mom..." she trailed off.

"How about this: I'll show you a picture of her after you come back from your coffee date with Collin." he hinted, which made Miya blush lightly.

"Collin's has the main guy role in Love In The Waves. We just need to discuss some stuff about the new movie." Miya told him as she finished her plate.

"Okay, okay. You and Collin aren't in a relationship. After today, the world won't think of you as buds." her dad pointed out.

"I get that, Dad. But, I am ready to handle the press." Miya told him simply before getting up from her chair and walking out the door.

Her dad sighed.

"She's so grown-up already..." he trailed off.

                                                                                     ~

She closed the apartment door behind her and headed down the stairs from the fourth floor to the first floor.

She walked out and saw Collin standing by his black BMW.

She waved.

"Hey, Collin." she greeted.

"Hey." he greeted back as she approached him.

He had on a black and white striped polo with black baggy pants and white skater shoes. His black hair was spiked up and he had very dazzling hazel eyes.

"Come on. I have to go get my manicure and pedicure done by 2." Miya told him as the driver opened the car door for her.

"Thanks." she said as she got into the car.

Collin got in on the other side and closed the door just as the driver started up the engine and the BMW drove off.

The car drive was silent.

Collin was texting away on his phone while Miya was staring out the window.

"I can't wait to go to Miami. I've heard it's beautiful down  there. It's about time I stop being trapped up in Reykjavik and go see the world. So far, I've only been to Shanghai, New Delhi, and now London. I want to get a suntan...!" Miya couldn't stop thinking about the many things that she was ready to do once she got to Miami just as the BMW pulled up at the coffee shop.

"We're here, Miya." Collin told her.

The driver opened the door for her and she stepped out of the BMW.

Collin came out from on the other side and took Miya's hand.

"Come." he said as he took her into the coffee shop.

She looked around at the coffee shop in wonder.

"Wow..." she trailed off.

"Have you ever been to a coffee shop before? I'm sure that there were some in Reykjavik." Collin noted.

"I used to live in a small town before I moved to Reykjavik." Miya told him. "The only thing that comes close to a coffee shop was a pastry shop down the street from where I used to live." 

 Collin nodded.

"I see..." he trailed off as they got in line.

Miya looked up at the menu board and began the board to see what she would want to have.

She then noticed the coffee cake and a frozen cappuccino drink.

"I know what I'm going to have." she told him.

"I do, too." Collin said as they walked up to a cashier.

"Hi and welcome to the Breakfast Nook! What would you- - -OH MY GOD!" the person in front of them exclaimed.

Miya and Collin arched up an eyebrow in confusion.

"Huh? Is something wrong, Ma'am?" Miya asked.

"You're M- - -" Collin shushed the lady before she could blurt out their identity.

"Just call me Jared and the girl Louise." Collin told the lady.

She nodded slowly.

"Okay, then. What would you like to have?" she asked.

"I'll have three lemon scones with some cinnamon tea. And Louise? What will you be having?" Collin turned to look at Miya.

"Um...I'll be having the coffee cake and the frozen cappuccino drink." she told her.

The lady nodded as she put that in and calculated the total.

"That will be $17.87, please." the lady said.

Collin handed the lady $20 along with the change and the lady put it into the register.

"Your order will be out just now." the lady said.

They both nodded as they stepped aside so that she could take some more orders.

"So..are we gonna talk business after this?" Collin asked.

She nodded.

"Yeah." she told him.

He smiled just as the lady called out their order.

"I'll go get that. You go find a table." he told her as he went to go get the order.

Miya nodded before walking off to find a table. She sighed as she sat down at a table by the window and she looked outside.

London looked a little gloomy. When she came out of the apartment she was at, the sun was out. Now, it looked like it was going to rain.

"What are we doing for the movie, anyway...?" she asked herself just as her cappuccino drink was placed in front of her.

She looked away from the window and smiled as Collin sat down in front of her.

"Okay." he took out his scones and handed her the coffee cake that she ordered. "Let's get down to business." he told her.

"Alrighty, then! So, what are we supposed to be doing for this movie?" she asked.

"Well, it's about this girl who loves to surf and this popular guy who is actually a nerd. She tries to get him outside of his comfort zone and teaches him how to swim after he accidentally spills Coke all over her shirt. While doing so, they fall in love." Collin explained.

Miya nodded as she bit into the cake.

"Ah...so, what's the girl's name?" she asked.

"She is Katelyn Barnes. The guy is Jacob Wilson." Collin said.

Miya nodded.

"Okay." she said.

"Anything else?" he asked.

She shook her head.

"Nope." she got up from her chair. "Thanks a lot, Collin." she thanked him as she kissed him on the cheek and she walked out of the shop with her frozen drink in her hand.

She walked out of the shop and it began to rain heavily.

"Aw shit!" she exclaimed.

That was when a umbrella covered her head.

She looked behind her and saw Collin staring back at her.

"Bad luck?" he questioned.

She nodded slowly.

"Guess so..." she trailed off.

He then handed her his cinnamon tea and took her frozen cappuccino drink out of her hands.

"Hold that. It will keep your hands warm." he told her.

She nodded.

"Okay." she said.

"Where do you need to go?" he asked.

"It's a nail salon. I need to get my manicure and pedicure done for tomorrow." she told him.

He chuckled.

"Girls and their nails..." he trailed off, which made Miya punch him in the arm.

"Whatever. Let's just go." she said as the two of them began to walk down the rainy streets of London.

                                                                            ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 62.1K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
23.7K 101 18
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!
34K 2.2K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
163K 972 31
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...