The Valentine's Note

Oleh TryTillYouSucceed

"Strange," I remarked as the waitress left us at a table in the corner. "You seem like a person who has lots... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Announcement
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Announcement!
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 22

18.4K 702 228
Oleh TryTillYouSucceed

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! 

Dedicated to @LittleDL for being such an amazing reader and constantly supporting this book! You're ma bae :* 

My first tutoring session with Tyler was in the school's library during break. It was surprisingly more productive than I had hoped to achieve in those 30 minutes. We covered half a chapter of Biology and even got work started on one of his not submitted assignments.

Tyler had asked if we could study tonight but with me being grounded, I didn't know if my parents would allow having friends over.

Are we on for tonight?

I stared at his text for a moment before sighing.

Alright, Ava, you were the one who offered him help and now that he's relying on you, you can't back down.

Taking a deep breath, I made my way down to the kitchen to ask mom if Tyler could come over tonight. She was stirring something on a pan while humming along to Elvis Presley's songs.

"Hey mom, what're you cooking there?" I asked, nearing her.

"Just making some pasta," she responded, brushing her hair out of face.

I waited and tried to figure out how to ask her before blurting anything stupidly.

"So, I've been tutoring this kid at school," I began.

"Really?" she exclaimed, looking up in surprise. "Wow, that's great, Ava."

"Yeah, if he doesn't pass all his subjects, the school won't let him graduate," I explained, trying to get her strategise slowly.

"Oh! Then, these tutoring sessions must be important," she commented.

"Yeah, they are," I agreed, "which is why it would be really nice of you if you let him come over tonight to study. Yes, I know I'm grounded but please, I promise I'll be on my best behaviour from now on."

She stopped stirring the pasta in the pot and turned to face me. I could tell she was weighing the pros and cons in her mind. Eventually, she sighed and said, "Alright, he can come over. Your study session should end by 10, though."

"Deal," I agreed with a wide grin.

I rushed up to my room to get my phone.

Can you make it here in 20?

I browsed through my phone for a few minutes before I got a response saying- I may have to exceed the speed limit but I'll be there. Text me the address.

Smiling to myself, I replied with my address and telling him to drive safe.

*

The doorbell rang and I sprung up from the couch in a hurry in hopes that I would have to avoid the whole awkward encounter between mom, Tyler and I.

I was breathless as I opened the door. Man, I really need to work out more. "Hi!"

"Hey," he replied, giving me a weird look, probably because I was panting like a dog.

I moved out of the way to let him come in. He looked around for a few moments and said, "Nice house."

"Thanks," I responded and reached forward to grab his arm and drag him up to my room. "My room's better, though."

Once we entered my room, I shut the door to my room and turned out around to look at Tyler. I was still holding onto his arm. Realising this, I let go quickly.

"What was all that about?" he asked, looking at me curiously.

"My way of avoiding my mom," I replied, sitting on my bed and trying to catch a breath. "Make yourself at home."

"Okay," he said slowly and proceeded to remove his black jacket. He placed the books he had in his hands on my study table.

He cleared his throat after a moment's silence. "Shall we begin?"

"Yeah, sure," I said and got up to get my books.

We studied for at least an hour before my stomach rumbled in the silence. My gaze lifted to meet Tyler's with embarrassment. I could tell he was trying not to laugh but once I giggled, he openly laughed about it.

"Want something to eat?" I asked.

"Sure," he said with a nod and stretched his arms over his head.

"I'll be back in a minute," I said and patted his blond head as I made my way out.

Placing two plates on the counter, I shovelled pasta on to both of them and starting making my way back up with a fork in my mouth. I saw mom making her way down the stairs.

"Tyler's nice," she commented, nearing me.

My eyes widened but I was incapable of saying anything because of the fork stuck in my mouth.

"Don't worry, I just wanted to check on you guys and ended up having a conversation with Tyler," she explained.

Since I had no other choice, I nodded and made my way back up. As I reached the door, I shifted one of the plates to my left upper arm and balancing carefully, I opened the door.

Tyler turned around to look at me and smirked. "You're quite talented."

I offered him a plate and after he took it, he reached forward and held the end of the fork, waiting for me to open my mouth so that he could remove it.

"Thank you," I said and grabbed the fork from his hand.

"This is good," he commented with a mouthful of spaghetti.

I nodded and said, "You know, I never understood the whole Lady and the Tramp thing. Is it even possible to kiss like that?"

"Want to try?" he asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

I laughed and hit his shoulder playfully. "Shut up. We need to get back to work."

"Alright," he agreed, sighing and placing his plate on the side of the study table.

*

Taking the last bite of my sandwich, I got up and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Kyla asked, making Kian and Derrick look at me.

"I've got a study session with Tyler," I replied, swallowing my sandwich.

Kian huffed out loudly. "You don't even have time for us anymore. It's just Tyler, Tyler, Tyler."

"Sorry, I promise we'll have a movie night soon, okay?" I apologised. "I really have to go now, though."

"Fine, fine," Kian responded.

Giving them a tight smile, I rushed across campus to go to the Science Lab. We had gotten permission from Ms. Elaine to use the Science Lab to study since the library was usually pretty noisy which is highly ironic, I know.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I said, barging into the Lab.

Tyler was seated on a stool on a table near the door. "That's alright. Come here, I have something to show you."

"What?" I asked, sitting on the stool next to him and placing my bag on the table.

"Here," he said and handed me a few papers with his handwriting scrawled all over it. "I finished all five of the assignments for English."

I looked up at him with an agape mouth and flipped through the pages quickly. "Wow! This is amazing, Tyler!"

"I know, thank you," he said, brushing off invisible dust from his shoulders.

"I'm really proud of you," I said, sounding an awful lot like a mother.

He pretended to gag, making me laugh.

"Okay, fine, let's just forget I ever said that," I said, rolling my eyes and placing his papers back on the table carefully.

Suddenly, I felt Tyler's arms go around my waist as he pulled me closer and enveloped me in a hug. A soft chuckle left my lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. The scent of fresh lemons surrounded me.

"Thank you so much, Ava," he said, tightening his arms around me. "I wouldn't have been able to do without you. Really."

I chuckled awkwardly. "Don't mention it."

He buried his face in the crook of my neck and we stayed like that for a few moments before I slowly pulled apart. His eyes met mine as I moved my face away from his. Our arms were still around each other, pressing us to one another. His gaze fell to my lips and moved back up to meet my eyes, studying me.

Slowly, he lowered his head and just as his lips were inches away from me, the door opened and Seth walked in.

It took a few seconds for my mind to send the signals to my body to move the hell away from Tyler. Tyler and I distanced ourselves as I cleared my throat.

Seth looked just as embarrassed as I did. "Um, sorry. I'll come back another time."

"No, man, it's okay," Tyler said. "We're just studying."

"Right, studying," Seth commented. Tyler didn't catch the sarcasm in his voice but I did and I knew for a fact that it was directed towards me. "It's okay, I'll come later. Bye."

And with that, he was out the door.

Shitshitshit. Why me.

"Uh, you know what," I started saying, "I sh-should probably get g-going."

Tyler's eyebrows furrowed but I was already slinging my bag over my shoulder and stepping away from the table.

"Ava, wait," Tyler said as he grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving.

I turned around to look at him. "Yeah?"

Without any hesitation, he reached down and captured my lips with his. His body slowly straightened up, taking me along with him as his arm moved to my waist. His other hand moved up to cup my cheek as I stood there awkwardly with one of my hands holding my bag.

Kissing him was nothing like my soft, passionate kiss with Seth. It wasn't bad but it was...different. It was more demanding; more carnal.

Seth.

Seth!

I pulled away to see a flushed Tyler with a small smile on his face. Oh, what have I done?

"I-I have to g-go," I stuttered and without giving him another chance to stop me, I speed-walked out of the Science Lab.

I stood outside for a minute, leaning against the wall as I tried to catch my breath.

What did I do back there? Why did I kiss him back? Yes, it was an unexpected kiss but I could've stopped him!

Shit. Shit. Shit.

*

Tyler had called me twice and left two voicemails which I still haven't had the courage to listen to. Guilt is an emotion I don't deal well with.

I know that I don't really like Tyler in that sense but how am I going to tell him that the kiss was a mistake, after we had an almost kiss where I made no effort to show him that I wasn't interested and an actual kiss where I kissed him back.

I picked up my phone to look at the time. The numbers on my phone's home screen flashed 12:26. I could talk to Kyla or Kian about what happened but I didn't to call them at this hour of the night nor did I want admit to this dumb mistake I've made.

That's when I heard a honk coming from my window. My eyes widened as I sat up on my bed. It couldn't be Tyler, could it?

No, no, it's probably a random car on the street.

I lay back down and tried to welcome some sleep but it was a lost cause. I shut my eyes and forced myself to sleep but my eyes were wide open again as soon as I heard a little clunk on my window.

I got out of bed and walked up to my window. Opening it, I poked my head outside to see if anyone was around.

Much to my surprise, I found myself staring at Seth leaning against his bike.

Insert a curse word of your choice here, please.

A/N- Hey guys! It's past midnight here so Happy Valentine's Day! What are you plans for tonight? :D

Okay okay so thoughts on the kiss? Anyone ship them? So sorry there wasn't much of Sava buutt there might be a little surprise for you guys tomorrow. :P

Oh! I've got a Snapchat account for Wattpad. It's called trytillusucceed so add me! We can get to know each other better and you might even get a few sneak peeks on the upcoming chapters beforehand ;) 

Love you guys! 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
3.2M 147K 52
**Winner of the 2016 Watty Awards in Visual Storytelling, and officially a Wattpad Featured Novel!** Two juniors in high school, each fresh...
730K 21.4K 49
Elyon Baker has it tough. She lives alone in a crappy apartment for reasons even she doesn't like to think about. She works almost every day to pay h...
1.1M 31.3K 52
{Ranked: - No #3 in chicklit -No #6 in lies -No #8 in cliché -No # 11 in player} Jaimie Perron left her old life in an rush, desperate for change bef...