Tempted (#Wattys2015)

By LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... More

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:14:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:16:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:41:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:52:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:55:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:60:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:20:

24.2K 305 218
By LostxInxStereo

*Bella*

"Two days." Jackie smiled, shutting her empty locker. "Thank god."

"I'm actually a little sad," I sighed, looking around the hall. "It's weird."

"Don't be sad, be excited. We get to leave this hell hole in 48 hours! In 48 hours we will be graduates, the class of 2014, and you're going to be in NYC. You are going to be on top of the world."

"Not really," I shrugged, emptying out the last of my locker, holding my books to my chest. "Justin isn't there. I'm so scared about that...about us breaking up while I'm gone."

"Don't think like that Bella," She sighed, giving me one of her infamous looks. "He loves you so much."

"I know that, I really do - but anything can happen when we're both away from each other."

"Faith Bella." She encouraged, and we left the school, me turning my head a final time.

All of the seniors' last day was technically tomorrow, but we were just rehearsing for graduation on Wednesday night.

Which happened to be a day Justin was working for Grant, not Manny - which also meant he'd be coming to graduation, meeting my mom for the first time who was flying in today, and probably sitting with my dad and Josh.

I guess my dad would be between the two of them.

Jackie was talking beside me as I looked up, searching for Justin, but in the process met Troy's eyes, then spotted Justin in his car, wearing black shades while doing something on his phone.

Troy was right in my path.

"Hey, I have to go, but I'll call you later." I told her, trying to duck my head down to walk by Troy.

It really was no use.

"Izzy, I know you saw me, I'm not stupid."

"Congratulations?" I raised my eyebrows, flickering my gaze back to Justin again, but he hadn't even noticed I had left the school.

What the hell?

"Come on Bella, we can be friends."

"It doesn't really matter anymore, because the school year is over, I'm leaving in a few months, and I just don't really want to be your friend."

"You know, maybe you should want to be."

"And why is that?"

"Troy, leave her alone. Bella let's go." Justin said from the car, and I gave him a look, walking away from Troy and flung the passenger door open.

"I could handle myself, thank you." I told him, fastening my seatbelt.

"Oh really? You wanted to talk to him, huh? Go right ahead." Justin said, motioning back to Troy, but I stayed, pursing my lips with my arms crossed over my chest. "That's what I thought."

"Don't start being a jerk now."

"I'm not being a jerk. I was trying to help you, but like last time, you don't want my help. So fine, whatever."

"You are being a jerk."

He shout some sort of glare my way, pulling out of the parking spot and onto the road.

"Are we still going to the airport to pick up your mom?"

"Um, yes? Why wouldn't we be? She thinks you're coming too."

"I was just double checking. Damn. What the hell is your problem?"

"I don't have a problem Justin, you're the one being an asshole."

"Bella, I am not being an asshole!"

"Pull over."

"Why?!" He asked at a stoplight, but I didn't answer him, I undid my seatbelt, opening up the car with my bag over my shoulder and shut it behind me, walking over quickly to the sidewalk and started the walk to my house. "Bella!"

I ignored him, walking across the street at the crosswalk and tried to disappear into my neighborhood, but he pulled up beside me, leaving the car running and quickly ran in front of me.

"Go away." I told him, stepping off to the right, but he mirrored me, holding onto my waist so I couldn't get away. "Justin, let me go."

"No, I'm sorry."

"Yeah right. I have to go home so I can go pick up my mom from the airport."

"No. I'm taking you and we're getting her together."

"No."

"Yes."

"No." I said again, trying to push him off me, put he lifted me up, throwing me over his shoulder and swung the door back open to the passenger's side. "Justin!"

"We're going to get your mother together. I'm not letting you go and I'm certainly not letting you walk."

"I'm mad at you."

"You can be mad at me."

"Good." I crossed my arms over my chest, glaring at him as he shut the door, letting my bag fall back on the floor.

"Does this mean we're faking it for you're mom?"

"Faking what?" I asked him, looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"I don't know. You were right, I was being a jerk. I had a rough day, I'm sorry."

"Then tell me that. All you had to do was say something." I reached over, putting my hand on top of his and squeezed it. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"There isn't anything to really talk about."

"Justin, there is if you're like that."

"Like what? An asshole? Because honestly Bella, if you didn't notice, I was that way before we were even dating. I've been taught verty well." We were at a stop light again, and he leaned over, gently taking his hand form mine to open up the glove compartment and got the box of cigarettes, shaking one out and stuck it between his lips.

"What did I tell you?" I asked him, snatching it before he could light it.

"Bella!" He whined, throwing his head back against the headrest. "Come on."

"I'm doing you a favor."

"It's honestly not going to stop me." He got another one, lighting it before I had time to react.

"Justin! We're going to be at the airport in like a half hour! My mom is going to smell it!"

"I won't smoke the whole thing, I promise."

"She's still going to smell it!"

"I'm pretty sure my cologne cancels out the smell. Why? Does my car smell like smoke?"

"No, b-"

"There. No problem." He shrugged, letting the cigarette hang between his lips.

"Yes there is, no more smoking. It's a turn off.

"So you were turned on?" He grinned, his eyebrows perking up.

"A part of me was when you were mad, but no, I was mainly pissed."

"But part of youwas, and that's enough for me." And with that he tossed the rest of his cigarette out the window, taking my hand once again.

"That's pollution."

"Are you turning hipster on me?" He chuckled, bringing up my hand to his lips.

"No! I'm not a hipster."

"I'm just teasing you baby."

"If I was a hipster, I wouldn't be dating you. You little smoker."

"Ouch. I'm not little."

"Oh my goodness." I laughed at him, shaking my head, then turned up the radio, tapping my foot to the song on the radio.

"You're so lucky I love you and am willing to put up with this shit that you call music."

"It is music! Be nice. Adam and I are going to get married."

"Don't talk to me." He pouted, letting go of my hand and put both of his on the wheel.

"Justin, I'm kidding!"

"No." He said in a pout again, sticking out his bottom lip.

"You're just as cute."

"Just as cute?!"

"Oh wait, I'm sorry." I brought my hands up, holding them to my chest. "You don't like the word cute! So you're not cute. Not even close, because like you've told me, you don't like cute."

"What!"

"You said it." I shrugged, but kissed his cheek.

"As long as I'm sexier than him, I'm cool."

"Ehh, I don't know, he has tattoos, and abs, and that spikey hair...hmm...I just don't know."

"Hello?!"

"I'm totally kidding!" I couldn't help but laugh, holding onto his arm as he pulled into the airport. "You're so cute!"

"Ew, stop."

"You love it!" I told him, leaning in and caught his ear between my teeth. "We have to go get my mother."

"You bit my ear!"

"Let's go." I pretended I didn't hear him, hopping out of the car and snatched up my bag, walking over to his side of the car where he was getting out, eyeing his muscles through his shirt.

"Adam la-fucking-veine doesn't have anything on me." He said, fighting a smile as I snaked my arms around his torso.

"That's right, not a single thing." I nodded once, laughing while I stood up on my tiptoes and kissed him, smirking as his hands caught my neck.

"That's what I thought."

"Come on, my mom."

"What if she doesn't like me?" He said, holding my hand tightly as we started walking.

"She will like you. Trust me. She's so excited to meet you."

"That makes one of us."

"Don't be nervous. She's not my brother and my dad, she's completely different. She was on our side from the beginning."

He just nodded, letting out a deep breath as we made our way to baggage, and I noticed the curls of a thin brunette, my cheeks tugging upward in a smile.

"Mom!" I called out, letting go of Justin's hand and watched her turn around, then I ran up to her, hugging her as tightly as I could, her familiar scent filling my nose.

I didn't realize how much I missed her until now.

"Hi honey, you look gorgeous. I've missed you so much."

"Well thanks, I've missed you too. How was you're flight?"

"Pretty good, I got a good nap out of it." She laughed turning back to the baggage that was rotating around in a circle. "I just have to find my bag..."

I felt Justin behind me, and I felt for his hand again, giving it a reassuring squeeze to the clamminess, looking up at him to see his jaw clenched.

"It's ok." I told him, but his eyes didn't change, he didn't look down at me, holding the gaze at whatever he was staring at.

I followed it, staring at a man across the room, but it wasn't Manny.

I didn't see the big deal.

"Mom, this is Justin." I broke the silence right as she turned back around, now noticing that he was actually beside me instead of a few feet away.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. It's nice to meet you." She hugged him, and he hugged her back, snapping himself from the glare he shot across the room.

"You too. I can help you with your luggage."

"That's so sweet." Mom smiled, pulling herself back and peeked at the suitcases and bags rotating around her. "It's actually that blue bag."

He picked it up, smiling at both of us, resting his hand in the small of my back as we started to leave.

I couldn't exactly ask him what was wrong, but I gave him a look, raising my eyebrow while we walked down the hall.

"Christian." He whispered, but that was all he said- and I knew that's all I would get right now.

Nothing with my mom around.

"You guys have to come and eat with me. My treat. Josh and Sean can get something at home."

"Dad already told me it was ok. Justin?"

"Food sounds good." He nodded, his arm now draped over my shoulders.

"That's what I thought." Mom laughed, smiling at me- then winked.

She liked him.

________________

*Justin*

I knew Christian knew her mom was coming into town.

Which meant Manny knew.

"I can't believe you're graduating in two days." Christine said across the table, smiling at Bella beside me.

"Me neither, but I'm ready for summer."

"Hey Justin, are you still going to come down for a little with Belle?"

"Yeah, I am. As long as it's ok with you."

"Of course it's ok with me. There isn't anything wrong with a vacation. You're more than welcome."

"Thank you." I smiled at her, moving thumb in a circle on Bella's leg.

"No problem. I'll be right back, I'm going to go to the bathroom."

"Ok." Bella chirped, then turned her head to me. "Ok, what's up? You've been acting weird ever since we were in the airport."

"Acting weird?" I asked her, reaching up and ran my hand through my hair. "Really?"

"Justin, don't start. You can't lie to me."

"I'm not lying. I'm fine." With a shrug, I leaned over to my drink, breaking the gaze she was trying to hold.

"Alright, ok, you're fine."

"I am," I told her, wrapping my arms all the way around her waist and kissed her cheek. "I promise. You're mom is really nice. I like her."

"She likes you, I can tell." She smiled, tracing my bottom lip with her thumb.

"That's a first for your family." Chuckling, I kissed her cheek again, holding onto the other as she laughed.

"I know, but I told you my mom was cool."

"Why don't you live with her?"

"All my friends are here, I didn't want to leave, or I would be there...but if I was living there, I wouldn't be with you."

"That's true." I sighed, pulling myself back and took another sip of my drink.

"Do you want to go out and do something after we take my mom to the hotel?" She asked, playing with the collar of my shirt.

"Why?" Grinning, I leaned back into her, leaving our faces a couple of inches apart. "Would you like to go somewhere?"

"No where really in particular..."

"Gotcha."

And with a final wink, I sat myself up, taking her hand again as her mom came back.

____________________________

*Bella*

"Good idea." Justin said against my neck, giggles erupting out of me as my hands traveled down his chest.

"What if one of those cops pulls over like in the movies and tv shows."

"Nah, because we're in a park, behind trees, without lights on."

"We're invisible!" I teased, undoing one of the buttons on his shirt.

"Yeah, totally."

I sunk down in the backseat, tugging at his hair, letting moans fly from my lips as he squeezed my hips, biting down on his lip while my arms snaked back around his neck.

In the midst of making out, he flew up, letting go of me completely with wide eyes as he stared out the back of the car.

"What's wrong?"

"Did you hear that?" He asked, but I hadn't heard anything, and I was still distracted by all the buttons undone revealing his nicely toned chest to my currently greedy eyes.

"I didn't hear anything."

"I heard a twig break."

"Justin, that could be anything. A deer, fox-"

"Everybody always says that."

"What happened back at the airport?!"

"Nothing!"

"Oh really, nothing? Fine." I sat myself up, pretending to fix my shirt, then crawled over top of him, catching his ear between my teeth.

"Hey!"

"What happened at the airport?" I asked again, kissing his neck as I fiddled with the buttons of his shirt again.

"E-Everything is fine, really."

"Bullshit," mumbling, I stopped at the top of his chest, unbuttoning again until there wasn't anything left. "Tell me."

"Fine! Christian was there! I didn't want you worry, but if you f-"

"What the hell?! How could not tell me about that?!"

"Because you were just seeing your mom! It could wait! He could have been there for anything."

"Unbelievable."

"Bella! Come on!" He let out a whine, resting his head against my shoulder. "Everything is fine. I've told you before, I'm going to take care of you and protect you. Nothing happened, and I wouldn't let anything happen. Don't you know that?"

"Yes." Bowing my head down, I fiddled with my thumbs, his hand gently taking my chin so I looked back up at him.

"Then just let me take care of everything."

"Ok."

"Would you like to go back to kissing now?"

"You don't have to ask me twice."

I wrapped my arms back around his neck, straddling him in the backseat of his car, trying not to laugh as his hands slipped up my back, sweetly pecking my lips a couple of times before we both got right back into it, sliding my arms from his neck to his shoulders, pushing off his shirt, slowly running my hands down.

I stopped when I felt a chain, pulling back from the kiss and held the tags in my hand.

"What are these?" I asked him, looking at the name.

"Oh, they're um, my grandfather's."

"I've never seen you wearing them before."

"They're usually under my clothes...or when I go to Manny's I don't like to wear them, so yeah."

"Is your grandfather around here?"

"No, he passed away. He got lung cancer when I was little."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Bella, it's ok."

I sat there awkwardly, letting the tags fall back to there place and put my hands back on his shoulders.

"Bella, it's really ok. I promise, you were going to find out at some point."

"I totally killed the moment, right?"

"No, not at all." Justin chuckled, shaking his head as the back of his hand grazed my cheek.

"Good." I laughed with him, squealing as he kissed me again and pushed me back to where I had been a few minutes ago, running his hand along my skin.

My arms when up then, letting him pull my shirt over head, arching my back to be closer to him, moans uncontrollably flying out of my mouth again.

He knew all of my weak points - in places I didn't even know could make me feel like that. How? I had no idea - but I was the farthest thing from complaining.

It was the closest thing I had done to having sex, and it made me wonder what it would be like, how good it would be...because nothing right now seemed better than this.

I felt my curls curl, his lips trailing down my neck and over my chest to my stomach, sinking my teeth down into my lip.

The agony.

Then my lips parted, my head falling back from a feeling I had never felt before, but I loved it. It left me speechless - and not to mention out of breath.

"You're welcome." He whispered in my ear, placing a gentle kiss by it.

Oh my god.

_____________________

Next day:

10:32 PM

I sat in the auditorium, hearing the final lecture from our principal, ready to leave this place to go be with Justin again.

Yesterday I might have been sad about leaving, but now I was antsy.

"I know what he does." A voice said behind me, making me turn to look and see who it was.

"What are you talking about Troy?"

"You're little boyfriend, I know what he does, you're dad wouldn't approve of that, would he?"

"Troy, just stay out of my business."

"See but that's not fun, why would I do that when I could have the pleasure of seeing him go to jail for a really long time. I bet he'd love a taste of that sweetheart."

Jail? Wait- did he know? Did he know that Justin had killed two people?

I stood up, exiting and nodded my head for him to follow me out into the hallway, which he did, letting the door shut gently behind him.

"What do you want from me?!" I threw my hands up, then crossed the over my chest. "I don't know what you think you know, but it's probably nothing."

"I guess Manny would think it's nothing too, right?"

"What do you want?" I asked again with a swallow, my heart racing at a thousand beats per minute.

"You know what I want."

"He is my boyfriend. I won't do that. He wouldn't do it to me."

"It's either that or jail for him. Your choice."

I bit down on my lip, my eyes flickering over to the closet, then I walked over, shamefully looking down, a knot formed in my stomach.

"Are you coming or not?" I asked, swallowing hard to fight back the tears I was feeling.

He looked around, then followed, locking the door behind him.

________________

*Justin*

"Hi," I smiled at Bella as she walked in the door, standing up from the couch and walked over to her, pulling her into me by her hips and pecked her lips.

"Hey."

"Are you ok?" I raised an eyebrow, sliding my hand on the base of her neck.

"Yeah," She smiled weakly, slowly nodding her head.

"I've told you before you can't lie to me, what's wrong?" She looked away, rocking on her heels. "Babe, come on. What happened? Did the rehearsal not go well? You just walk across a stage and shake a hand, then walk off with your diploma..."

"No, I- I..." She shook her head, quickly swallowing and shut her eyes.

"Was it last night?" I asked her, bending down slightly with my knees so I could be eye level with her. "Because if I made you uncomfortable in anyway I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that at all."

"No, that's not it. Don't apologize." She shook her head, a single tear falling down her cheek. "I'm the one that's sorry."

"Why are you sorry? Come here. Don't cry. What happened?"

"You're going to hate me."

"That isn't true." I violently shook y head, pulling her over the couch and down on my lap, What's going on?"

"Troy knows everything, I don't know how but he knows." She told me, her face caressed in both of my hands. "He knows about Manny."

"How the hell is that possible?"

"I don't know, b-but he does. He was going to tell my dad, they would have done this whole investigation and put you in jail. I-I'm sorry."

"What did he do to you?"

"Justin-" She was really crying now, hugging her body to me. "He can't tell Dad. I can't lose you. He can't not let me see you again. Everything is finally working out. He'd take you away."

"Bella. What. Did. He. Do." I said through clenched teeth, holding firmly to her hips, looking forward across the room.

"He- I- I - Justin..."

"Bella, tell me. Now."

"Things I've only done with you...but nothing else. Meaning like I'm still...you know. I-It was at school, and- I'm so sorry. I let him blackmail me - I know you wouldn't have done it, but I can't lose you. I'm so sorry."

"Tell me exactly what he did."

And she did, anger shooting through my veins, my blood boiling as I felt her clutching tighter to me.

"I'm sorry." She hiccuped, making something inside of me break, and I hugged her tighter, watching her pull back a little to look at me. "Say something! Anything...I- I didn't do it to hurt you- I'm so sorry."

"I'm going to fucking kill him." I spat, probably crushing her in my arms.

"Justin, he'll- he'll-"

"He'll what?! You are my girlfriend! I bet he wasn't even going to tell your father. He just wanted what he couldn't have and he found a way to trick you into it."

"Why aren't you mad at me?"

"It's not your fault. The bastard doesn't know what he has coming."

"Justin," She fixes herself in my arms, straddling me with her hands cupping my cheeks. "Please, I don't want more trouble. Not another reason..."

"No, I'm kicking his ass. He's not getting away from it, do you understand me?! It's not ok, he will get what he deserves, and it will personally be from me."

"Isn't that what he would want? He wants you to get in trouble so you leave me."

"I'll take care of it ok? I'm going to take care of it."

"You know I'm yours, only yours."

"Do I?" I questioned hardly, meeting her gaze for the first time.

"Yes." She nodded, resting her lips against my cheek, kissing it repeatedly, which surprisingly called me down.

"I can't believe he made you do that." I moved my hands along her sides, closing my eyes, trying to breathe normally again.

"I didn't want to, I was only protecting you. I thought of what you would do if it was the other way around, and I can't lose you. I just can't. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, but I let him- I feel so- violated."

"Baby, don't worry about me so much. You think that hasn't happened before? I got it."

"B-"

"Never, should you ever give up your body to save me. Ever. I don't care if I'm going to die- or go to jail. Mine."

"Ok. I'm sorry."

"It's ok," I softly smiled at her, giving her hips a gentle squeeze. "I don't want you to feel like that though."

"I'm sorry."

"Bella, it's ok."

"Don't do anything stupid."

"He's getting his ass kicked."

"Justin, you'll get in trouble."

"No, I'm not going to get in trouble. He knows about Manny? Ok, we'll see how much he knows."

"Justin no! He'll kill him!"

"I'm not going to kill him, and I'm not telling Manny."

"I should have known..."

"Look at me." I pulled her back quickly at an arms length, wiping her eyes before I took her chin between my thumb and forefinger. "I love you, he doesn't."

"I know, and I love you too."

I kissed her forehead, hugging her body back to me and ran my hands along her back.

I honestly couldn't wait until she left.

I couldn't wait to find that son of a bitch.

___________________________________________________

5:44 PM

"I found him, he lives a little bit away from Bella." Hunter said right as I opened up the door, pacing through my kitchen.

"Let me see the papers." I said, taking them from his hands and filed through them, letting out a burst of laughter. "A DUI? Why am I not surprised? And underaged! I wonder if her dad knows about that."

"I wouldn't be surprised."

"I'll be back later. I'm going to fucking find him."

I grabbed my keys, shutting the door behind me, walking down the hall and out the doors to the garage to my car.

I knew exactly where he lived.

He lived in my old neighborhood, a street over from me.

I got there as fast as I could -trying to weave my way through traiffic, then I pulled in front of his house, violently slamming my car door and went up the driveway, lifting up my hand in a fist and knocked on the door.

"Babe, one minute." I heard - recognizing the voice.

Babe? Who the hell in their right mind would actually be dating him.

Then the door opened, a wide eyed Troy quickly trying to shut it, but the palm of my hand hit it, preventing him from going anywhere.

I didn't even know what to say, all the anger I had from earlier came back, and I got him straight in the jaw.

Just like last time.

"I swear to fucking god if you are ever near my girlfriend again, I will personally turn you over to Manny! You should really learn how to keep your mouth shut! You thought I would find out? You thought she wouldn't tell me? I bet you thought I'd break up with her - we'll newsflash buddy. Girls don't like it when you're banging more than one chic!"

"Justin? What the hell?" Casey came in, bending down on the ground beside him.

"Aw, you didn't tell your own girlfriend you were touching someone else today? Huh? Well isn't that just peachy. Yeah Casey. You're boyfriend felt someone else up at school. No surprise though right? We all knew Troy Johnson was a manwhore. Not putting out for him enough Casey?"

"Jusitn, go away." She said softly, holding his head now in her lap.

"Stay the hell away from Bella. Both of you." I spat, leaving them alone and slammed the door behind me.

______________________________________

*Bella*

Wednesday:

6:53 PM

My stomach was in knots, peeking out around the hall into the audience.

I spotted my dad and Josh, but they had driven me here.

I was looking for my mom and Justin.

My eyes only had to wander to the other side of the room, where I saw Justin sitting beside my mom in midconversation.

I knew she wold like him.

"Izzy, come on." Jackie said, taking my hand and pulled me back to line.

"They're all here." Smiling wide, I fixed the zipper on my gown, watching her playfully shake my head again. "I don't know why a part of me thought Justin wouldn't be here."

"Why wouldn't he be?"

"I told you last night..."

"Oh, right. That wasn't your fault."

"Yes, it was." I shook my head, averting my eyes down to the ground. "I said yes, didn't I?"

"So Justin wouldn't get in trouble, so your dad wouldn't find out and both of you wouldn't end up heart broken. If it was Mike, I would have done the same exact thing. Don't beat yourself up about it. Tonight is one of the best nights of our lives. Justin loves you, and now Troy gets to walk across the stage with a bruised face, how awesome is that?"

"What?!" I asked, turning and looked down the line of seniors.

Sure enough, there was Troy, surronded by guys patting him on the back because of the bruise on his face.

"I didn't think he would have done something yesterday." I admitted, biting down on the corner of my lip, getting a little taste of the gloss I was wearing.

"He was standing up for you. Some boyfriends don't even do that."

Before I could respond, our principal was talking, the crowd was silent, and I had clamy hands. digging my nails into my palms.

I tuned out everything for a couple of minutes, closing my eyes while I cleared my head - then we were moving,

It had been a great year, mostly the last six months while I had been dating Justin, figuring out what I wanted to do, who I wanted to be...

But I was leaving in a couple of months.

That scared me the most.

'Bella Knowle...attending NYU on a full scholarship.'

That's me.

I walked on the stage, feeling my stomach flip as I shook my pincipals hand, then the vice principal's, accepting my diploma.

I heard a really loud whistle, looking in Justin's direction, and he was smiling at me, clapping along with the crowd.

Aw.

I was off as quick as I had come, taking my seat in front of the audience, watching my classmates walk across like I had, trying my best not to laugh at Troy, and a half hour later it was over.

We were all graduates.

I was finished highschool.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Class of 2013."

There was that whistle again as we all stood up, tossing our caps in the air - well not me, mine was fixed inmy hair.

Now was the final goodbye - besides graduation parties and stuff.

I really just wanted to see my family and Justin though.

I left my seat, slipping past people to where Justin and my mom had been sitting both of them now standing with my brother and dad.

"Congratulations honey!" MY mom said, pulling me into her arms. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you."

"Congrats sis." Josh said, and despite everything with him the past few months, I hugged him back, then my dad.

"I got you flowers at home. I didn't want anything to happen to them here." He told me.

"Thank you." I smiled at him, pulling back, and then looked at Justin, letting out the biggest smile for him and hugged him, laughing as he picked me up with a set of roses in his hand, lightly kicking my feet before he sat me down and kissed my cheek.

"Congrats buttercup." He chuckled, handing me the roses.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome princess."

"Picture time!" Mom said, making me turn around, Justin's arm slipping around my waist, but I looked at Josh - and he simply smiled at me, holding out his hand for the roses, which I gave to him, resting my hand on Justin's chest and took a picture with him.

I was basically passed around, taking one with Josh, my dad, my mom, Justin even took one of the rest of us together - with me in between my parents. It was the closest thing I'd have to a family photo.

"Alright, let's go to dinner. My treat." Dad said, his eyes flickering over to Mom.

"Sean, you don't have to do that."

"No, Chrissy, it's ok. It'll be nice, for Izzy."

"Ok." She didn't argue, she just smiled, following my brother and Dad out.

Josh refused to talk to my mom - he blamed her for everything...but I saw both sides of it.

I remember when she left.

Flashback:|

"But Mommy-" I cried out, crawling off of my parents bed over to where she was packing her bag. "You can't go!"

"Belle," She frowned, sitting down on the carpet and pulled me down onto her lap. "It's ok. Don't cry. I'm not going to be far away, you can always call me on the phone, and I'll see you on the weekends and when Daddy isn't home."

"I don't want you to go." I sobbed, nuzzling my face into her chest.

"I know honey, but I can't stay. Not anymore. I have a new home, and you're going to have a new room. You'll get to redecorate it and everything."

"What about Josh?"

"Josh will be able to come over too, all the time. He'll be able to redo his room, and I'm going to go to all of his games, and I'll take you to your piano lessons. Nothing is going to change."

"What about Daddy?"

"Daddy and I need to take some time to figure things out...he needs to figure out what to do...he has a very important decision to make and that's something he has to do on his own.

"Can I come with you tonight? Please?"

"Sure. Just for tonight though. Ok?"

"Ok."

End Of Flashback:|

My dad made his decision a few weeks later, he had to do what his boss told him, he had to travel, but he still wanted my mom.

She filed for divorce, I remember the day he got the papers too. He got completely drunk that night. Josh took care of him, I was still too little to understand.

Now I knew my mom had left my father heartbroken...but I also knew he was never home, she was lonely, and sad...she had tried, and in the end he didn't make a decision.

He was convinced he could have both.

And now I could see how he looked at her, it was how every girl had dreamed of being looked at.

But he hadn't changed.

She knew that.

"I want to know who punched Troy, he's such an ass." Josh mumbled, Justin's ears perking up at the sound.

"Tell me about it." He mumbled, his hand rested in the small of my back. "Do you want to ride with me, or one of them?"

"I can ride with you. Hey Dad, where are we going?"

"I made reservations at Carmines, cool?"

"Yes." My eyes lit up, nodding my head quickly.

"I thought so." He chortled, waving a hand as Justin led me to his car. "See you there."

"Thank you so much for my flowers."

"Oh, you're welcome. I thought you'd like those."

"What girl doesn't like red roses?" I questioned with a laugh, kissing his cheek. "You and Mom seem to get along."

"Better than your dad and I did, that's for sure."

"Very true."

"Are you working tomorrow?" I asked hopefully, unzipping the front of my gown and folded it up so now I was just in my dress, unfastening the cap from my head and put it in the backseat of his car.

"Yeah, I took off because I knew it would be your first day off, do you want to do something?"

"Yeah, I'd love to." I smiled up at him while wrapping my arms around his neck, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Ok. I'll pick you up in the morning then. How about eleven? This way you can sleep in on your first day off and everything."

"So we're going out for lunch?"

"You'll see."

"Ok, fine, be like that." I said playfully, sticking out my tongue.

"I will."

His lips pressed against my forehead, making those butterflies from earlier return, closing my eyes with a smile on my face, then he got the door for me, helping me inside with the roses.

I was having a family dinner with my boyfriend.

Why did that feel so weird.

________________________

Author's note:

Ok guys! I will be updating HOH and TMP next. So the next update might not be up for a week. Still comment and vote! We're getting close to the intense points! Eeeepppppppppp

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
10.5K 347 31
Once voted Most Likely to be the one who wore the most fashionable high-waters, it's hard to believe but undoubtedly true that Justin Bieber went to...
16.7K 537 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
157K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...